Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

New Day's theme is my jam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyt4cIrTF4M

Jim Johnston made it by the way.

WHERE THE gently caress IS FINN BALOR'S :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Fat Lowtax posted:

I thought Vince's logic behind calling Brock Lesnar a "special attraction" was pretty sound - but if it should apply to anyone else, it should apply to Bray Wyatt. I don't think giving a promo every week helps him at all. Who knows, maybe there are a lot of kids who love seeing it.

It always comes back to the fact that if you're not working, you're not getting paid nearly as much. Sitting at home would do wonders for Bray's mystique but he wouldn't be making as much money. No wrestler wants that.

They could bump Bray's pay up because they're taking him off TV as a storyline choice, but then you'd have a mutiny with other guys wanting the same deal.

So what you're left with is like 10 hours of TV a week to fill and a huge roster of guys who need to be on all the time.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sounds like lots of space for future triple-crown HOFer Zack Ryder to fill (I assume he'll get into the TNA one at some point, but the Observer and WWE ones are a lock).

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Fat Lowtax posted:

I thought Vince's logic behind calling Brock Lesnar a "special attraction" was pretty sound - but if it should apply to anyone else, it should apply to Bray Wyatt. I don't think giving a promo every week helps him at all. Who knows, maybe there are a lot of kids who love seeing it.

It's me. I'm the guy who drops everything any time Bray is on screen. I like him so much I used his promo he cut at a UK raw before Payback as an audition piece. I got a lead role.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

WHERE THE gently caress IS FINN BALOR'S :mad:

Seriously, that song should be everyone's ring tone already.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Sigma posted:

Wrestling is cool, but nobody is taking away my Angel Witch, god dammit.

modern villian
May 4, 2009

Sigma posted:

I use an 8-bit version of Rollin's theme and it's pretty badass

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
My ring tone is Brays theme.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
your ring tone should be this: http://tindeck.com/listen/ohwc

and text tone this: http://tindeck.com/listen/ffkg

its always real cool when that crow text alert goes off real loud

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I use Mark Henry's theme because my past four ringtones have been Three Six Mafia and there's no reason to diverge from that trend

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
There's a bunch of people really mad that Zack Ryder was pretty popular at one point.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I think Bray's problem is that he's a poorly booked 90s Undertaker. He could come out and promo every match if he was booked like the killer Taker was.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

my ringtone is anime music

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Cardboard Box posted:

You know what? Same

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Fat Lowtax posted:

You also don't put the strap on "special attractions", IMO. There's a reason Andre never had a proper reign.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bray is also booked with in mediocre feuds with guys who aren't hot. Things came apart once he hit a Cena storyline we've all seen before and yet another flat Jericho feud. I know there aren't many hype segments as good as Bryan in the cage, but they need something more than a loving chair attack.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
Did Big Dave mention how morale is within the WWE locker room? Between Punk's 'I got stiffed out of a $20,000 appearance' and Vince's 'nobody on the current roster can obtain my figurative brass ring' with Cena lauding over them 'You've got to go through me and I'm here till the end JACK', I'd be loving pissed.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

anime > wrestling

memes >anime

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Did Big Dave mention how morale is within the WWE locker room? Between Punk's 'I got stiffed out of a $20,000 appearance' and Vince's 'nobody on the current roster can obtain my figurative brass ring' with Cena lauding over them 'You've got to go through me and I'm here till the end JACK', I'd be loving pissed.

I know he said they generally agreed with Punk except on certain points but I haven't read this week's Observer.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i don't think anyone holds anything against Cena for stuff he says on TV

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How much money is the average WWE performer losing from PPV bonuses going away?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

How much money is the average WWE performer losing from PPV bonuses going away?

we don't really know for sure but it's not insignificant. i remember hearing that the wrestlemania bonuses in particular were incredibly disappointing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I always say that ringtones work the same way wrestling themes do. They need to be distinctive, and you need to identify who it belongs to in 3 seconds or less. My dad has "BOW DOWN TO THE BOW DOWN TO THE KING" as his contact ID. My text tone is used to be the Anonymous RAW GM. (I changed it a couple weeks ago).

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

my text tone is jeff gerstman yelling UNLIMITED ANIME

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Alouicious posted:

my text tone is jeff gerstman yelling UNLIMITED ANIME

that is a really good choice for a text tone

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

What is "To Bury"?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

What is "loving"?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

What is "injured" or "with intent to injure"?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

What is lucratively?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Auron posted:

I don't even know Vince is calling 30+ year olds Millenials. He's acting like there's just a bunch of 18-19 year olds out there.

I was wondering this, too. I mean, I know that technically speaking you could say anyone born in the 80's to now are Millennials, but I always felt like Millennials are people born from the mid to late 90's until about, well, now.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

What?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
What is to sports entertain?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

dialhforhero posted:

I was wondering this, too. I mean, I know that technically speaking you could say anyone born in the 80's to now are Millennials, but I always felt like Millennials are people born from the mid to late 90's until about, well, now.

None of the members of Degeneration X are members of Generation X, they are all Baby Boomers.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

dialhforhero posted:

Millennials are birthdays between 1980 and 2000. The generation after them doesn't even have an accepted name yet. (I still remember when Millennials were Gen Y.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Millenials are anyone younger than the person complaining about millennials.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Gonzo McFee posted:

What is to sports entertain?

When Vince hears the correct answer (question) was wrestle, he's going to sue Alex Trebek for defamation.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

waffle iron posted:

Millennials are birthdays between 1980 and 2000. The generation after them doesn't even have an accepted name yet. (I still remember when Millennials were Gen Y.)

My senior year German class, the school had purchased new language textbooks that left all the fifth-level classes with no books, so my teacher just brought in scans of books and stuff she had in German, or printed off articles from German news sites and stuff, and I distinctly remember one talking about Generation @

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

waffle iron posted:

The generation after them doesn't even have an accepted name yet.

Generation Why.

Hashtag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Delsaber posted:

Generation Why.

Hashtag.

Ughhhhh. I refuse to acknowledge that is a thing.

• Locked thread