Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I just want to curl up in a ball and cry myself to death.

If I owned a Pikachu Dodge Neon I would cry all the time too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Horse Divorce posted:

This is our world, and these are the people we share it with.

Drop all the bombs, start over.

Maybe the mutants that crawl back out of the radioactive ooze will treat one another better.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Geirskogul posted:

Wait, is the south really as it was depicted in the Top Gear "Hillary for President" America Road Trip episode? I mean, I did BCT in SC, and I've been through Florida, but that's it.

Sadly, parts of it still are and will remain for quite some time. You've got plenty of sane and rational people, but the assholes and grey beards tend to outnumber them by alot. One of the only reasons I like living near Tampa is people tend to care less who you're loving or what color someone's skin is. And I to witness a 5ft tall gay cuban flirt outrageously with a 6ft tall neo nazi with a swastika on his chest and succeed at getting in his pants.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Just keep the population dumbed down and have a regular boogy man. First it was the commies then brown people. Last we had the Ebola and now its cops.

loving a people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrKatharsis posted:

If I owned a Pikachu Dodge Neon I would cry all the time too.

Awww, that's so mean.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
So many places to go with that one...

The driver of the other car, did she have big red hair and a questionably incestual brother riding shotgun?

Good thing you still had your girlfriend and didn't black out.

At least Nurse Joy's services are free.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
A silver hair and her flip flop equipped husband driving, as irony would have it, a Camry hybrid. :v:

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012
I really enjoyed "The guest" am I a horrible person? :ohdear:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

A silver hair and her flip flop equipped husband driving, as irony would have it, a Camry hybrid. :v:

Weird, I thought your car was resistant to electric-type attacks.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Not to Pollyanna the poo poo out of this thread, but tonight I got home early from work and took my 3 and a half year old son and preggo wife to get a Christmas tree. The kid was so excited when we got home he just kept jumping in place yelling "Yay! Christmas tree!" Threw on the Bob Dylan Christmas album which is so goofy and fun, cracked a beer, and strung the tree.

I know a lot of you guys aren't super into the holidays or what they stand for, but drat, I hope y'all have a heartwarming moment or two like that before the year ends.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Mat_Drinks posted:

I know a lot of you guys aren't super into the holidays or what they stand for, but drat, I hope y'all have a heartwarming moment or two like that before the year ends.

Make it awesome. make it a level above all else. because for oh so many families, the holidays get loving ruined, and this time of year everybody becomes a crabby son of a bitch because of all the family bullshit.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Week and a half into December and I've seen gently caress all for xmas decorations plastered all over the town. Normally that poo poo starts getting put up early November so this might be the best holiday season in a long time.

I don't hate xmas but I don't like three loving months of decorations and awful music.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Galler posted:

Week and a half into December and I've seen gently caress all for xmas decorations plastered all over the town. Normally that poo poo starts getting put up early November so this might be the best holiday season in a long time.

I don't hate xmas but I don't like three loving months of decorations and awful music.

I went to costco in the middle of a friday afternoon to get groceries and the parking lot was completely, 100% full.

I've never seen it full.

So i guess i'll just eat in january then.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I went shortly before Thanksgiving and loaded up, for this reason. If I run out I plan to go mid-week right at opening, but I think I'm fine through Christmas.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Raluek posted:

I went shortly before Thanksgiving and loaded up, for this reason. If I run out I plan to go mid-week right at opening, but I think I'm fine through Christmas.

My garlic sausage stocks are depleted, and i fear the pork souvlaki skewers may expire before the new year.

I'll have to make the trip at some point. Maybe bring a tent, set it up on one of the big flat carts and latch it onto the person in line in front of me for the checkouts. set up a fire pit on an adjacent cart. Make a camping trip out of it.

Also, i just learned that avis still gives unlimited free kms anywhere in canada/US. Maybe the costco in vegas will have a shorter line.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

Maybe the costco in vegas will have a shorter line.

NOPE

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Couldn't hurt to check, it's only 1600 miles.

i'll drive by the avis tomorrow and see what their fleet looks like. I don't feel like doin it in a loving sebring.

edit: what the hell is up with this "resort fee" bullshit? $32 a day on top of the room rate, for what, wifi?

Powershift fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Dec 10, 2014

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MrChips posted:

The golden rule in aviation is to never discuss politics with the guy/girl beside you. Even if you're best friends it can make for an awkward rest of the trip. This also applies in any other line of work just as equally.

I'm a bartender and one of my steadfast rules is no politics or religion. I have to remind people all the time, leave that poo poo at home, but when one of the other bartenders is all OBAMA OBAMA OBAMAMAMAMA on his shift it's hard to keep a lid on it with the locals. gently caress.

T1g4h posted:

As a resident of Arkansas for the past 24 of my 27 years: Yes. Absofuckinglutely. It's staggering how accurate that depiction was and also a little heartbreaking that it's still really not changing all that much. I'm not even gay, just atheist and liberal and I still feel unwanted around here most days.

Move.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

It's Christmas season so I'm renting a seedbox for a month so I can give to all of those in need of a good torrent.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

My wife and her..(best friends kids who we and her mother take care of because their mom is an idiot) put up our tree this afternoon while I slept for work tonight.

Working overnights, you miss out on alot of this sort of thing.

2014 hasn't been great over here either, but I'd feel lower than hammered poo poo to complain about too much when so many of you guys and gals are having a much more difficult time.

Happy Goonsmas ya'll..:glomp:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Finally figured out why my PC has been having issues rebooting. Mom's PC and mine both have the same internal media card reader. A few months ago, hers started having issues booting up (it would take up to 15 tries to get it to get past the BIOS), and I noticed the "in use" LED blinking on the card reader at the time. Unplugged it, and it's been fine ever since.

Mine would either hang at the motherboard logo screen, or it would boot, ask for my PIN (Windows 8.1), then hang. Spent 15 minutes just trying to get into the BIOS (ok, UEFI?) settings with no luck, couldn't even get into the boot menu. Noticed the in use LED blinking on my card reader. Unplugged it, works perfect now.

I guess the moral of the story is avoid <:10bux: card readers. Gonna have to find a new one to get photos off my camera though, it doesn't have a USB port (it has HDMI and GPS ports, even external mic and RCA outputs, but no USB).

:siren: SUPER LONG (POSSIBLY LONGEST) STR POST AHEAD :siren:

Sorry. This thread moves so fast that this is the only way I can stay up unless I'm constantly checking on it all day. Which I can only do on my days off (my only day off this week is Wednesday). I hate making multiple posts in a row; I think it's a lot better to just do one massive multi-quoted/multi-response reply instead of 30 or 40 back to back replies.

Cakefool posted:

There's some ugly bastards where I work I know they're getting laid, how bad do you guys look exactly?

Well, as mentioned, guys tend to be a lot more shallow. I'm a guy, I'm shallow as hell, and I'm gay - much like most other gay guys. I need to drop some weight before I can even think about dating, and probably take a weed whacker to the chewbacca body hair. I'm not a bad looking guy IMO, but I definitely need to drop about 30 pounds (and some body hair). And spend a ton of money on dental work. The few girls I've dated aren't nearly as shallow, and are more attracted to personality. Hell even the one night stand girls were "meh, you're making me laugh, take off your pants" (obviously I was REALLY drunk if I had a one night stand with a clam).

Also, doesn't help that I'm over 30 - which is widely considered to be "gay death" unless you have money. :haw: Which I don't have.... I made $14 at work today, and have $7 in the bank. :fuckoff: I'm told by everybody that this store is absolutely dead on weekdays, but they can't keep up with business (even with 3 ovens) on weekends. Especially game weekends. I figure the flat rate pay (instead of the "you make more when you're in the store, and make only a little more than a waiter when driving" crap) will help offset that significantly. The GM claims his good drivers will do at least 20 orders on game nights; I haven't had a store that regularly gave me 20 orders in years. The last one was Papa John's, in a lovely area; I'd usually get 20-25 in a night, but with a bunch of stiffs or $1 tips, and basically a target painted on my back thanks to the area. And $4.25/hr. Though the last NYE I worked there, I walked out with about $200. Left work at 11, boss calls me just as I finish my 1st or 2nd beer at a NYE party BEGGING me to come back. I go back and take another ... 8? 10? orders. And got to call the police when someone offered to let me smoke crack with him as a tip, with a baby crawling around on the floor behind him (he had the crackpipe and rock in hand). :smith: Wound up leaving work (again) at 2am.

Thankfully, the store I'm at now closes at 10PM on weeknights. NYE is a weeknight this time, as is NYD. I'm just going to ask if it's possible for someone else to open for NYD, because I know I'm going to be in rough shape (plan to go to a concert or show of some kind; it's been over 6 months since I've been to a concert damnit). They're closed Christmas Day and close really early on Christmas Eve.

T1g4h posted:

Except with hosed up, crackhead looking teeth. Never took care of them growing up, so now i'm kinda screwed :v:

Yeah, I had some bridges and crowns years ago... and they all (except for 1 crown) fell out or broke within a year. All upper teeth, all in front. And the one remaining crown is chipped. Didn't take care of them growing up, then when I got the crowns done, the dentist couldn't get me numb and refused to knock me out - then started yelling at me about being a coke addict (*caines have a cross tolerance to coke, but I'd never done coke [yet]) since he couldn't get me numb. I had nightmares for years, and the sound of a dentist drill (or anything high pitched) will send me running.

I've never had a good experience at the dentist, except when I had my wisdom teeth taken out - they tried to knock me out cold. I heard the surgeon saying "he finally fell asleep" and I opened my eyes and said "no, still awake, but barely" and he looked like he was going to jump out of his skin. Pumped me full of more of something or other, to the point that I don't remember the rest of the day. Even today it's hard for me to take care of them, since I'm missing half of them :smith:

leica posted:

in shape, sense of humor, decent looking, big dick

For me:

In shape: muscular and can lift about my own body weight, but also a pretty decent belly. If I could drop about 30 pounds, I'd be in shape.
Sense of humor: very twisted, but very present
Decent looking: Once I drop about 30 pounds
Big dick: I'm as white as they get. :sigh:

Viggen posted:

code:
Louisville, KY, United States	12/09/2014	4:30 P.M.	Departure Scan
Whitestown, IN, United States	12/08/2014	10:30 P.M.	Departure Scan
Louisville, KY, United States	12/08/2014	5:30 P.M.	Arrival Scan
Logistics. :allears:

If that's UPS, I can tell you what probably happened. People often reuse shipping boxes, and don't always render the original label unreadable/unscannable. The arrival scans are automatic (giant rear end lasers on a belt, you just toss the packages on the belt and make sure the label is visible on the sides or top). UPS recycles tracking numbers as well.

Or someone hosed up sorting, and the loader didn't notice (you get about 1-2 seconds to look at the label before scanning it, then figuring out how to load it, and the scanner doesn't tell you if you hosed up), AND the unloader (when it got back) didn't set it on the belt in a way that the scanner could pick it up (it scans every side of the box except the side that's on the belt as you place boxes on the belt). IIRC I was expected to handle about 150-200 packages per hour as a loader, and you're expected to use every inch of available space in the truck. And the management will intentionally slip the wrong package into your belt now and then to see if you're paying attention - something like next day air to Alaska when you're loading a ground truck to a hub 100 miles away. Unloaders were expected to handle 350+ an hour.

T1g4h posted:

My problem is, i'm basically just gonna need to get the ones that are left pulled and go full on dentures, and right now, that's not really doable. I like to think I make up for it at least slightly with snark and boundless optimism, but eh.

Implants are a better option, but cost far more, and take a lot more work. Also not supposed to smoke with them, supposedly.

Friend of mine has a face full of implants, since she was 18 or so. They look real, and far better than dentures would ever look. Though if you went the denture route, you could offer gumjobs when you were low on cash :haw:

The only goon I've met has been N is for Nipples. We hung out at a movie, and I drank far too much. :smith:

cursedshitbox posted:

My teeth arent perfect, I make chewbacca look twinkish, but I have other things to make up for it.

Yes, I'm pretty sure most of us have seen your dick by now.

You're not getting that thing anywhere near me if we somehow meet, just so you know.

Tusen Takk posted:

I had to google what yiffing was and wow, what a thing :stonk:

It's a fancy way of saying "nice shoes fursuit, wanna gently caress?", essentially.

I delivered to a hotel a few years back that was next door to a much larger/more expensive hotel that was hosting... a furry convention. The smells, and sounds, and even sights, that greeted me as I walked down the hallway to the room I was delivering to...

Some of the guys would have been pretty drat hot without the suits though. :quagmire:

I'm friends with a few furries. :shrug: They seem pretty normal until the furry cons come to town. I don't really get the furry stuff myself, but I'm not going to judge someone based solely on that.

CommieGIR posted:

Buy your own modem, get an ASUS Router, and be amazed.

Never trust the Modem/Router/WAP combos the ISP offers you. They tend to be really lovely quality

Try getting Verizon FiOS sometime. Your only current choices are two routers (one capable of up to 500mbit, the other capable of up to 800 - a speed they haven't deployed yet). The older current router (which I have) supports up to 500mbit service, has a gigabit switch, and 802.11n. The newer one supposedly supports up to 800mbit (which isn't deployed yet), and handles 802.11ac. The FTTH terminal connects the fiber to the coax, so the router kind of acts like a cable modem.. but via MoCA, IIRC. The router also handles all of the IP stuff for the cable boxes - the channels themselves come in via digital QAM (so any modern TV can get the basic channels, need some kind of box for anything beyond basic stuff, but they offer a super basic one for $5/mo that's strictly a tuner), but all the TV guide stuff, video on demand, etc is IP based.

It's actually a pretty decent router (especially for Actiontec, most of their poo poo is poo poo IMO), with a ton of configurability, but the wifi range on it sucks balls. I've had 20 torrents, plus several netflix streams in several rooms, plus gaming, and tons of other poo poo, all running at once, and it didn't even flinch when I ran a speedtest with all of that going. The torrents alone would have sent the old Motorola cable modem/router/wifi combo up in flames; this one regularly has over 20 devices connected (mostly wireless, but there's about a half dozen items connected via ethernet with the help of a cheap switch, plus two STBs running a lot of stuff over MoCA).

They claim you can either rent or buy either router, but when you try to actually buy one, you're only offered the older one that I have (Actiontec MI424WR Rev I). I'm grandfathered in with a free router rental, hopefully it stays that way when I renew.

This is definitely the exception. AT&T and Frontier both use horrible Westell 7500/7550 modem/router combos for DSL that I had to troubleshoot constantly; if you so much as looked at them funny, they'd lose all their settings and need a hard reset (verizon also used a bunch of Westell 327s, which were bad enough that if I ever ran into one at Frontier, I was to stop all troubleshooting and overnight a new 7550 to them - I know the 327 I had with Verizon couldn't hold a 128k connection more than 30 seconds). And Frontier uses PPPoE (who the gently caress uses that in this day and age?!)... and if you didn't log into your web-based email often enough (hosted by Yahoo), your account would get disabled, and the next time your modem dropped the connection, you had to call tech support to figure out WTF. Motorola cable modems (even the router/wifi combos) have hilariously limited user interfaces that basically limit you to what type of wifi security and what wifi password you want to use.

I still have the SamKnows Netgear N300 router, though since it's beyond the 2 year point (the original agreement was after 2 years, it was mine to keep). It has a custom build of DD-WRT on it (apparently the SamKnows versions had some significant bootloader differences). Not using it for anything at the moment, though I was using it as a wifi extender for a bit. There's apparently no known way to get the SamKnows firmware back on it, and it won't take standard Netgear firmware either. Whoops!

Cat Terrist posted:

It's never a good thing when you walk into a server room and you hear a "splash" and your shoes as a result of that sound are unexpectantly wet.

Somehow everything is working. Guess I'm not installing a new UPS today

When I was an overnight supervisor at a call center, one of the overnight reps went to the restroom. Which was next to the server room.

When he came back out, he said "so uh, you might want to know there's water running out from under the door of the server room". OH gently caress

Turns out the fill valve for the HVAC/humidifier unit (Liebert ceiling mount) got stuck open (bad control board). And was pouring directly on the PBX. I have no idea how the PBX survived that, but I got a bunch of garbage bags and covered everything in the line of fire water, and flipped the breaker for that particular HVAC unit (which stopped the water flow). The only casualty was a CRT monitor that had water dripping directly on it while powered on. Still had an image when I walked in (flickering), I yanked the power cord out from the back and draped it high enough that it wouldn't hit the water. Had about an inch of water in the room, with a lot of consumer-grade UPS's sitting on the floor, and the big UPS's bitching about stuff. :stonk:

Waking up your sysadmin at 3am to say "uh, dude, the server room is flooded, there's water pouring out of the ceiling" is a pants-making GBS threads moment.. for both you and the sysadmin. I told him I'd already found the breaker for that unit and shut it off, and covered everything I could with garbage bags. I figured an overheat shutdown would be a lot more automated (and easier to recover from) than water + electronics. He was there in 15 minutes trying to do damage control. Turns out that was the 2nd or 3rd time that same unit had done the exact same thing, except it was usually caught within a few minutes instead of several hours.

T1g4h posted:

gently caress yeah, I forgot how it feels to be ostracized and outcast. Nice to know that having a liberal viewpoint and being pro gay marriage and pro choice is enough to get basically an entire room full of people who you work with on a fairly regular basis in life threatening situations to turn against you :sigh:

May I remind you that you live in rural Arkansas? :v:

If you're going to be liberal and pro gay marriage, you might want to check out Eureka Springs. (seriously, it's a beautiful town, and literally the gay mecca of AR)

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Really don't want it to be totaled.

That sucks, but it likely will be a total. Insurance will see it as just another Neon, I don't think they add much for the SRT-4. It's worth buying back though.

If the quarter panel didn't join the party, it'd be an easy junkyard run for a bumper cover + styrofoam + possibly absorber, and a trip to a frame or alignment shop to make sure the chassis was still straight (it likely is). Either way, be glad it was just a corner hit; you'd be in a lot worse shape (both you and the car) if it was a full on rear end.

Tusen Takk posted:

Michigan just passed a law where you have the legal right to refuse to help someone if it's against your religious rights, ie, you can refuse to help a gay dude because you think all gays should die

Last I heard, it hadn't been signed by the governor yet. He can still veto it.

The law is also (supposedly) so broadly worded that you can essentially refuse to hire people based on their religion, which is very much against federal law.

mafoose posted:

I know to never, ever, bring up or discuss politics. I like a lot of the people I work with, but not enough to hang out outside of work because of the elephant in the room.
(Hint: racism and homophobia)

I'm very, very out (I'm not flamboyant or a typical gay guy, but I tell people within a couple of weeks, at most, of meeting them, that I'm gay). Even in Texas, I rarely run into issues with it.

But racism? Holy poo poo. I had a step-uncle in town one night, and he was having dinner with my mom and stepdad, and I was supposed to drop by to join them. They'd gone to see Billy Graham :eyeroll: at Cowboys Stadium. Just as I walk in the door, I hear stepuncle say "if those loving niggers in front of us would have sat down, we would have had a better view of Billah!". They had just seen me walk in, and as soon as I heard that, I walked back out of the house and went to get dinner on my own.

Said uncle isn't much older than my stepdad. I think my stepdad is the most open minded of that generation of the family. I have a gay step-cousin as well (I think he's one of his brother's sons? I don't really know his family that well), who basically got ignored by most of his family for years when he started coming out. I found him on facebook awhile back after googling his name (and discovering he's actually on the board of an LGBT association in Ft. Worth), added him, we start talking, I ask how the association is after a bit. He freaked out and said "a friend put me on that, it was a joke!". My answer was "dude... relax, I don't give two shits about anyone's sexuality, and I'm gay myself". Turned into a 2 or 3 hour facebook convo about how his family treated him after he started coming out. He grew up in a very small town in east Texas, nuff said.

Mat_Drinks posted:

Not to Pollyanna the poo poo out of this thread, but tonight I got home early from work and took my 3 and a half year old son and preggo wife to get a Christmas tree. The kid was so excited when we got home he just kept jumping in place yelling "Yay! Christmas tree!" Threw on the Bob Dylan Christmas album which is so goofy and fun, cracked a beer, and strung the tree.

I'm personally atheist, but I still really, really enjoy putting up Christmas lights, and love (real) Christmas trees. It's been years since I did any outside; if I had the money, I'd go drop a few hundred on a bunch of LED lights and have the front yard so bright that you could see it from space.

While I don't celebrate Christmas in the traditional Christian way (no praying, etc), I really value being able to spend time with family and friends that I rarely see. People are (generally) in a much better mood, and the world actually feels right for a week or two. The gift exchanging is fun too, but this year is incredibly tight for everyone in the house, so it's probably going to be some $25 Kohl's gift cards or something (since all of us need socks and underwear; I haven't bought any clothes aside from work poo poo in nearly 3 years).

That post makes me wish I had kids, in a way. But I don't think buttbabies are a thing, and I don't do diapers. :smith:

Galler posted:

Half of my neighborhood had them up in mid-October. :stare:

I went to both Lowe's and Home Depot for Halloween stuff in early October. They had one small area dedicated to Halloween (and it was mostly crap)... and about 1/5 of the store dedicated to Christmas decor. Nothing remotely related to fall or Thanksgiving to be found, even in most craft stores. Went to Target, found Halloween stuff side by side with the Christmas stuff. Nothing for Thanksgiving.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Dec 10, 2014

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

some texas redneck posted:

Finally figured out why my PC has been having issues rebooting. Mom's PC and mine both have the same internal media card reader. A few months ago, hers started having issues booting up (it would take up to 15 tries to get it to get past the BIOS), and I noticed the "in use" LED blinking on the card reader at the time. Unplugged it, and it's been fine ever since.

Mine would either hang at the motherboard logo screen, or it would boot, ask for my PIN (Windows 8.1), then hang. Spent 15 minutes just trying to get into the BIOS (ok, UEFI?) settings with no luck, couldn't even get into the boot menu. Noticed the in use LED blinking on my card reader. Unplugged it, works perfect now.

I guess the moral of the story is avoid <:10bux: card readers. Gonna have to find a new one to get photos off my camera though, it doesn't have a USB port (it has HDMI and GPS ports, even external mic and RCA outputs, but no USB).

Was there are card in the reader when the "in use" was blinking?

When I installed a card reader into my desktop it decided to default the boot order to whatever was on a card first.
Then I got drunk and tried to put a CF card in upside down and smashed it

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
OK some of my problem might be that I can't see myself dating someone significantly more right wing than I am which is problematic given where I lie on the political spectrum (when I say I hate liberals I definitely mean it in a different way than most do) and my location (home of the Kochs), but it's mostly the self loathing and that I have no idea how to actually give a poo poo about myself

e: nothing like 4 am and Christmas to remind you how alone you really are, can it be January already?

rscott fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Dec 10, 2014

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

freelop posted:

Was there are card in the reader when the "in use" was blinking?

Nope. It started acting up after I tried to read an old CF card - right side up (which is upside down for this reader), but the card jammed halfway in. "In use" LED started randomly coming on and off afterwards.

Good thing a new one is all of :10bux:. Hopefully I can find an internal USB 3.0 reader, transferring 64GB of RAW images is painful over USB 2.0.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Yay I love cleaning out the conex box in 38* rain.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
My dad watches Fox News and the more conservative One America News Network. :barf:

He believes what they say too. He tried to tell me once that "Obama is waging a class warfare!" but couldn't back it up. He basically regurgitates everything they say.

I don't know how you could watch any of that poo poo when you're Chinese and every time China gets mentioned they're being painted as the enemy.

Edit: I have to take a picture of the "letters to the editor" section from the local newspaper. I live in a conservative town and there was a letter basically "Thank God our Congressman are strong enough to stand up against the evil President!"

Also, this was filmed in my hometown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjxzmaXAg9E

mariooncrack fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Dec 10, 2014

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

mariooncrack posted:

My dad watches Fox News and the more conservative One America News Network. :barf:

He believes what they say too. He tried to tell me once that "Obama is waging a class warfare!" but couldn't back it up. He basically regurgitates everything they say.

I don't know how you could watch any of that poo poo when you're Chinese and every time China gets mentioned they're being painted as the enemy.

I'd guess he thinks of himself as American, rather than Chinese? Yay for cognitive dissonance I suppose?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yay I love cleaning out the conex box in 38* rain.

Alt-0176. It's the first one I learned.

VVVV Oh yeah that'll hamper things.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Dec 10, 2014

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I'm on my phone. I don't come remotely close to a computer at work.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
What are phones like these days? I haven't seen one for about 3 years.

Oh yeah could be worse than being single, like stuck with someone for 18 years, it's only convenience for child minding or bill paying that is there now...

Got to get them young when they are dumber I guess.
Just like anything in life, it gets harder as the years go by.
Going through old music, mostly local but anything punk or post punk up to 1985.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpE8OIgaokY

Minor rant:
Licence expires, now I'm a total AI fraud
The tuner in the old tv died...(8-10 y/o samsung 32" LCD)
$90 left in the bank after direct debits taken out for internet, insurance, what ever.
ATO having a lend trying to fine me $8k

E: and this mouse seems to be dying, left click dodgey as gently caress.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Dec 10, 2014

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

mariooncrack posted:

Edit: I have to take a picture of the "letters to the editor" section from the local newspaper. I live in a conservative town and there was a letter basically "Thank God our Congressman are strong enough to stand up against the evil President!"

Also, this was filmed in my hometown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjxzmaXAg9E

My parents ONLY listen to Fox News or The Message (a Christian music station) on XM in both of their vehicles. I get very irritated riding with them sometimes. I love my parents, but sometimes I'm thankful that I live 500 miles away. They're coming up this weekend for our family's Christmas gathering, so I get to enjoy feeling guilty drinking beer/wine in front of them in my own house.

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
Got a speeding ticket mailed a plea of not guilty 2 weeks later get a letter stating a delinquent billing notice. About to call and hopefully get this straightened out. :ohdear:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I thought I was having a goddamn heart attack last night. I've gone to the doctor a number of times for chest pains and bad heartburn, and it's always something to do with acid reflux (something about proton inhibiters, I dunno, I've been on prevacid for years and it's helped but it's never gone away... I know when I miss a dose).

But holy poo poo last night it felt like I was having trouble breathing and I started panicking which made it worse.

I'm fairly certain it's stress related. I have such a metric poo poo-ton of stress right now it's hilarious. And usually I deal with it well enough but for some reason this time it's really impacting me physically.

It really doesn't help that I'm probably the brokest I've been in a long time (though I don't have much debt this time, yay!) and it's the holidays, and I've been suffering through some really goddamn gnarly depression lately for some reason.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Whenever I get nervous I get gaggy as gently caress. I'm about to take two finals that I'm not very comfortable with the materials for and I've been having these coughs that turn into gags.

Oddly, I took a poo poo and it stopped. :shrug:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Tusen Takk posted:

Whenever I get nervous I get gaggy as gently caress. I'm about to take two finals that I'm not very comfortable with the materials for and I've been having these coughs that turn into gags.

You were so full of poo poo it was backing up?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm pretty full of poo poo so maybe that'll help.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Just bought my pops a Marky Mark and Seth McFarlane autograph from Ted for Christmas. Got my bro a Sunshine Mint 1g gold bar and got 2 IGR .5g gold bars for both Yankee Swaps I do. Just need to get my mom something and something for my pop's bday (21st, probably a couple nice cigars) and I'll be all set.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I've got most christmas gifts locked down, but I need to figure out something for my mother. I hate gift shopping

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

CornHolio posted:

I thought I was having a goddamn heart attack last night. I've gone to the doctor a number of times for chest pains and bad heartburn, and it's always something to do with acid reflux (something about proton inhibiters, I dunno, I've been on prevacid for years and it's helped but it's never gone away... I know when I miss a dose).

But holy poo poo last night it felt like I was having trouble breathing and I started panicking which made it worse.

I'm fairly certain it's stress related. I have such a metric poo poo-ton of stress right now it's hilarious. And usually I deal with it well enough but for some reason this time it's really impacting me physically.

It really doesn't help that I'm probably the brokest I've been in a long time (though I don't have much debt this time, yay!) and it's the holidays, and I've been suffering through some really goddamn gnarly depression lately for some reason.

I've had the same thing.
I don't eat during the day, quick and simple foods often brings on instant reflux. Only eat dinner (because I'm cooking for something to do to take my mind of things, plus I know what to cook - not using anything processed/acidic/preservative laden - in order to be able to eat and not cause massive reflux)
Some nights about a year ago I'd get the worst reflux/indigestion ever and couldn't sleep until I threw up.
Got some nexium last month, but only take them as needed, most nights I just stay up instead (because when I lay down or sleep I feel totally hosed anyway, crazy dreams, apnea or whatever, I always wake up feeling like poo poo anyway)

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Dec 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

meatpimp posted:

You were so full of poo poo it was backing up?

I think the pressure of the poo on my stomach was making me nauseous, it happens sometimes, especially when I don't drink enough water and am vaping.

• Locked thread