Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:
Is Hawkmoon good? I got one from Atheon yesterday because I felt like VOG for no useful reason. Second purple ship too lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

Is vanguard roc just the omni-gull strike? Four or five times now it's been that.

No, because buddies and I got stuck in a mars strike like three times in a row tonight.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arcaeris posted:

Is Hawkmoon good?

yup. headshots in pvp are 90, lucky bullets are 120 and those bullet buffs can stack, resulting in a rare one shot headshot

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Really hope someone finds an even better cheese spot because jesus christ i can't yell at clouds enough about how much this omnigul fight sucks. I hate the whole strike. I've done it like eight times this week already and that was eight times too many. I support nightfall/weekly never using dlc strikes just because it means I could potentially never suffer this poo poo again. gently caress everything about it and gently caress the dudebros and dudegirls at Bungie who thought it was smart and well designed. A plague on all their houses.

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 12, 2014

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Nightfall was fun but sucks, hah. Had fun Burt, on later for another try if you're around!

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Nightfall was fun but sucks, hah. Had fun Burt, on later for another try if you're around!

Hit me up, I'll be here until I get it done!

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
How is the PS4 exclusive DLC strike?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Avalanche posted:

It covers the shortest geometry and contains the most enemies of any strike so it's actually a lot of fun

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just got Insurmountable Skullfort, Holdfast Type 2 chest, Astrolord gauntlets, and some other vanguard greaves. Three of those were drops and from vanguard packages. I just replaced everything in two hours. Holy gently caress. Skullfort may not be as good as Armamentarium, but it seems neat.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Tokubetsu posted:

Really hope someone finds an even better cheese spot because jesus christ i can't yell at clouds enough about how much this omnigul fight sucks. I hate the whole strike. I've done it like eight times this week already and that was eight times too many. I support nightfall/weekly never using dlc strikes just because it means I could potentially never suffer this poo poo again. gently caress everything about it and gently caress the dudebros and dudegirls at Bungie who thought it was smart and well designed. A plague on all their houses.

This but it's opposite day and I don't have a distended anus.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Skyshock is worse than Bastion and First Light combined.

LurkinGhost
Oct 9, 2014

monkeu posted:

What's your Xur wish list? I'm hoping for Gjallarhorn, and the ability to upgrade Helm of Inmost, Saint-14 and Icebreaker at least. I also specifically hope that he DOESN'T provide the ability to upgrade SUROS Regime this week so I can be one of the only people with a 331 SUROS for Iron Banner next week :getin:

Here's hoping he sells Heart of praxic fire, as for upgrades hawkmoon, mythoclast (assuming its available to upgrade) or icebreaker. Come on squid face, be nice to me for once. :cthulhu:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Avalanche posted:

Oh god I forgot this exists. I haven't played a strike playlist in forever I guess I could just do it off the map huh? I guess I'll do it... Once

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

FishBulb posted:

Oh god I forgot this exists. I haven't played a strike playlist in forever I guess I could just do it off the map huh? I guess I'll do it... Once

It's pretty fun. Like a billion vex, and then a billion yellow vex, and then a boss that's not too hard or annoying.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Lmfao I capped out at 117 vanguard marks. I didn't even realize it because the strike I was doing should've put me at 122, and then I ran to Ikora Rey with my commendation and marks in hand only to find I'm three short of getting a helmet and have to wait until next Tuesday. Whoops. v:shobon:v

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I'm downloading another patch. 76 MB.

Anyone know what this one is for?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Funkmaster General posted:

I'm downloading another patch. 76 MB.

Anyone know what this one is for?

Probably fixes the easy raid chest and adds 5 new currencies.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wow, Skullfort's actually pretty fun. Orbs heal me, storm fist heals me, shoulder charges heal me, and if I fall over and a buddy picks me up I get to storm fist again! Though, a second lightning grenade is probably better, this is a lot of fun. It goes nice with my new fur collar too. :smugdog:

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

10 Strange Coins from one nightfall, exotic chest with the other. Can't really complain I guess

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
All warlocks have like a million strange coins stashed away after getting hosed for weeks by Xur.

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

Oh man I hope the little patch doesn't fix the raid chest. I'm thiiiiiiis close to level 27

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
I'm at work right now but I'll look at the chest to see if it's fixed once I get home. Even though I've gotten it once this week it should still appear if it's not fixed. I'm curious about it too.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I have all three classes and I have 160 coins. :v:

I find having all three classes is the best way to play Destiny. Better is to roleplay each class. So always play to their strengths. Playing a defender titan with an LMG is so fun. Melee'ing and shooting everything, spitting orbs all over.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Oh sweet baby jesus after 2.5 months of having half of my vault clogged with blue fusion rifles I finally got the Pocket Infinity bounty.

Obviously this happens while the gun is so bugged that it's unusable :shepface:

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Ularg posted:

I have all three classes and I have 160 coins. :v:

Yes but some of us have full-time work, families, hobbies, a social life etc.

e: I'm kidding I'm just as addicted as you haha

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

SBJ posted:

Yes but some of us have full-time work, families, hobbies, a social life etc.

e: I'm kidding I'm just as addicted as you haha

Weeklies/Nightfall each week is the easiest thing to do. However I seem to be stupid lucky when it comes to getting strange coins and motes of light out of blue engrams. I have up to 100 motes of light now. Only started saving from like 5 a week before the xpac. :v:

And seriously, if you think I play too much, ask me to help out with something. I'm just trying to be helpful and help out people get the most out of my apparently favorite game.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Tomorrow Xur will sell:

-a new hunter exotic
-inmost light
-sunbreakers
-red death

and will have the following exotics for upgrade:

-acylophage symbiote
-a new titan exotic
-sunbreakers
-invective

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Mazerunner posted:

Tomorrow Xur will sell:

-a new hunter exotic
-inmost light
-sunbreakers
-red death

-acylophage symbiote
-a new titan exotic
-sunbreakers
-invective

No voidfang vestments?

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

SBJ posted:

I'm at work right now but I'll look at the chest to see if it's fixed once I get home. Even though I've gotten it once this week it should still appear if it's not fixed. I'm curious about it too.

I haven't run the raid or anything, but I just tried the chest and got two radiant shards. Results inconclusive.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

tranten posted:

Oh man I hope the little patch doesn't fix the raid chest. I'm thiiiiiiis close to level 27
Seriously, it helps so much to get thrown a bone every once in a while. :( I won't get to play until this weekend, so I hope they don't fix it until I get the chest just once.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mazerunner posted:

Tomorrow Xur will sell:

-a new hunter exotic
-inmost light
-sunbreakers
-red death

-acylophage symbiote
-a new titan exotic
-sunbreakers
-invective

Which one of these is a primary

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I got a Bone Circlet out of the first chest.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Oh boy another shard and mote from a vanguard package

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
When does Xur come again (how many hours from this post)?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

GonSmithe posted:

When does Xur come again (how many hours from this post)?

He should be there ~2.5 hours from now.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Mazerunner posted:

Tomorrow Xur will sell:

-a new hunter exotic
-inmost light
-sunbreakers
-red death

-acylophage symbiote
-a new titan exotic
-sunbreakers
-invective

I hope you're wrong because someone said Skullfort was up for upgrade a couple of pages ago and I could really use that :ohdear:

Also hope they haven't patched the raid chest since my lock is an upgrade or two away from being able to get it, Titan got shards and mark in our actual raid attempt, hunter got shards running solo.

Would I be right in assuming the new pvp maps will be on the IB playlist?

Also someone asked about a new ghost shell a few pages ago, didn't see an answer. I have the collectors edition red frontier shell and the default, is there another one in existence?

I think Bungie have missed a trick not offering more ghost shells or selling things like sparrow shaders.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Lofty132 posted:

I think Bungie have missed a trick not offering more ghost shells or selling things like sparrow shaders.

Yeah I'm super confused as to why there's an entire inventory category for ghost skins an only 1 alternative in the game (that you can't even earn!)

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Anyone else getting tired of the endless grind? I wish they had actual gameplay that took advantage of the gear and weapons without the grind. The game would be so much better than it is right now.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

GruntyThrst posted:

Yeah I'm super confused as to why there's an entire inventory category for ghost skins an only 1 alternative in the game (that you can't even earn!)

And you see alternate ghost skins all throughout the game as you pick up dead ghosts and talk to NPCs in the tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

victrix posted:

Oh boy another shard and mote from a vanguard package

Did you at least get a commendation to buy a piece of armour or weapon?

• Locked thread