Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

a shameful boehner posted:

Downed Crota with Dahbadu, Krampus, Luna, Fev, and aegiven tonight. :woop:

I'm a bit disappointed with Light of the Abyss. I was hoping for a unique perk similar to the Black Hammer but it is a 331 attack arc rifle and has hip fire/crowd control/enhanced battery combo. The starting mag is 7, so I think the enhanced battery will take it to 9?

Unfortunately the enhanced battery is extremely disappointing and only brings it to 8 rounds in a mag. I'd rather just slot faster reload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snostorm
Sep 9, 2013

hostile apostle posted:

Bladedancers, your time has come. Great strategy for Crota.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tMzvLBSp9A

Finally, I can be the space ninja I've always wanted to be from the beginning.

Commander Quack
Jul 23, 2003
quack quack quack
Anyone for HM VoG before the reset? Add/join on CmdrQuack for PSN.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

RBA Starblade posted:

Welp, 360 raid couldn't beat Crota. It was a laggy, buggy mess. Maybe next week though!

Also it kind of sucks getting a bunch of radiant shards and energy that are worthless at the moment. At least the first chest gave me Ice Breaker 2.0.

Are you serious? I would kill for radiant shards. I've got one raid armor drop so far (the boots) and I need 21 of them to upgrade it. I have 0.

As for Iron Banner, making the armor +33 only makes sense timing wise. It gives people another avenue to get over the 30 hump. Surprised it's not head and chest though to complement the fact that you can already get arms and boots without commendations. I bet next time we see Iron Banner it will sell +36 stuff.

I really hope one of the weapons on sale is Jolder's Hammer. I missed it the first Iron Banner and then it wasn't sold on the second :csgo:

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
You can still get Jolders Hammer by random reward. I got the gat last time that way.

Wait so your IB standing is preserved? Man they better keep it that way, no renegging.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Roman posted:

I just noticed they haven't updated it except for the date and "level 31 gear" because it still says "Your previous Iron Banner rank has been preserved" and it's supposed to be reset this time

So is it preserved or not?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Peechka posted:

You can still get Jolders Hammer by random reward. I got the gat last time that way.

Wait so your IB standing is preserved? Man they better keep it that way, no renegging.

I really hope it's preserved. Like gently caress am I going to re-grind that out to level 5.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Mazerunner posted:

I really hope it's preserved. Like gently caress am I going to re-grind that out to level 5.

It's not. It was preserved last time but from now on it's a total reset every time. Same with Queen's I believe. Grind grind grind.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

GruntyThrst posted:

It's not. It was preserved last time but from now on it's a total reset every time. Same with Queen's I believe. Grind grind grind.

Yeah but they also said it was going back to three ranks total so :shrug:

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

I have the Crota checkpoint and would really like to beat him before the reset. Lets get this poo poo done. :getin:.

psn: duelclutch

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

a shameful boehner posted:

Downed Crota with Dahbadu, Krampus, Luna, Fev, and aegiven tonight. :woop:

I'm a bit disappointed with Light of the Abyss. I was hoping for a unique perk similar to the Black Hammer but it is a 331 attack arc rifle and has hip fire/crowd control/enhanced battery combo. The starting mag is 7, so I think the enhanced battery will take it to 9?

Congrats on getting him, guys! I got pulled in to another group of goons who took him down, so I didn't get to watch it happen.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Anyone wanna do level 30 final mission for the urn quest? Wakening? PSN millertime3250

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Any Euro/Asia/Aussie goons raiding right after reset? If you are toss me an invite

PSN Nastrado

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Well I guess I should thank reddit groups because a solid 7 hours of incompetence has convinced me to take a break from this game. There's no way at this point I'm downing crota before reset and running the raid rewarded nothing but shards.

On a side note, didn't a preview say something about a sparrow race to escape a hive worm? That would off been awesome.

VOG is a much better raid if only for the fact that it's pretty forgiving for new folks.

The teleporting between sections in scrotums end make the raid feel rushed and disjointed. Its like they took the encounters they actually had working and pushed them out the door

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
7 hours, the bluest balls. I've had bad raids, not that bad but it's strange how it's so difficult to just quit after say 3 hours of failure.

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Dec 16, 2014

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Tbh rather look to do nightfall over IB at the start, it'll scale up again.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Anyone wanna do nightfall/weekly right now after reset? PSN millertime3250

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

plape tickler posted:

7 hours, the bluest balls. I've had bad raids, not that bad but it's strange how it's so difficult to just quit after say 3 hours of failure.

Oh, it was across multiple groups :downs:

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sunk Cost Fallacy, the game.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Settled down with some alcohols and finished the last half of my Thorn crucible bounty. Much profanity was shouted towards crucible, fusion rifles, and bladedancers, but got it done in like 2 hours. It better be worth it!

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Acquilae posted:

Settled down with some alcohols and finished the last half of my Thorn crucible bounty. Much profanity was shouted towards crucible, fusion rifles, and bladedancers, but got it done in like 2 hours. It better be worth it!

It is, or at least the buff made it a lot better.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

plape tickler posted:

Sunk Cost Fallacy, the game.

Well I didn't have any other option than reddit, couldn't time getting into a goon group. Aside from devotion to trying to down crota I wouldn't say I fell into the sunk cost trap cause I dropped bad groups like destiny drops connections.

More like Skinner box the game. Crota would of likely rewarded shards anyway

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
The nightfall and weekly are both Phogoth + Arc Burn again :suicide:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Crowbear posted:

The nightfall and weekly are both Phogoth + Arc Burn again :suicide:

Yep. drat, I thought I had the pattern figured out but the dlc hosed up the rotation.

Iron Banner:

Yep reset your rep.
Yep its still 5 rep levels.

Selling Efrideet's Spear, a sniper rifle, and Silimar's Wrath, a low impact high RoF auto rifle.
Gloves and boots.

So yeah, I'm not doing IB again.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Dec 16, 2014

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Anyone doing the nightfall? I'd like to knock it out right now with my level 31 sunsinger.

PSN: essjaywubstep

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Can someone without the DLC tell me if you can do Iron Banner.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr.Citrus posted:

Well I didn't have any other option than reddit, couldn't time getting into a goon group. Aside from devotion to trying to down crota I wouldn't say I fell into the sunk cost trap cause I dropped bad groups like destiny drops connections.

More like Skinner box the game. Crota would of likely rewarded shards anyway

Beating Crota guarantees a weapon. Both times I've cleared him everyone got one. I don't think he drops armor though. Also I've had better luck with destinylfg.net than reddit, there's way more traffic.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
1st raid chest still works, confirmed just now

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

doing it now with my 31 sunsinger, psn(4) = vilmon8

space marine todd posted:

Anyone doing the nightfall? I'd like to knock it out right now with my level 31 sunsinger.

PSN: essjaywubstep

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

Yep. drat, I thought I had the pattern figured out but the dlc hosed up the rotation.

Iron Banner:

Yep reset your rep.
Yep its still 5 rep levels.

Selling Efrideet's Spear, a sniper rifle, and Silimar's Wrath, a low impact high RoF auto rifle.
Gloves and boots.

So yeah, I'm not doing IB again.

What's the damage levels on these weapons? 331? Or regular ol' 300?

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

1st raid chest still works, confirmed just now

is it possible for a chest to just be empty? i ran it a few times and found it, opened it, and nothing haha

Captain Corduroy
Mar 31, 2007

We find the source of the problem, and we throw dragons at it.
Gotta log out or go to character select first, Ruddboy

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

Captain Corduroy posted:

thank you very much

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Reforging 300 attack IB weapons doesn't upgrade them to 331. RIP Timur's Lash. :saddowns:

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

NotALizardman posted:

Reforging 300 attack IB weapons doesn't upgrade them to 331. RIP Timur's Lash. :saddowns:

Ahaha they are so dumb

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Man the Nightfall hasn't given me much love the last few weeks. 5 coins, ascendent shards, then a purple AR with lovely perks just now.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Captain Corduroy posted:

I've got one level 31 character and the other two at 30 and I didn't realize until now that you have to log out in order to get rewards from a new Nightfall.

May RNGsus recognize my selflessness and bless me with a Hawkmoon :pray:

space marine todd fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Dec 16, 2014

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

anyone want to do nightfall? on ps4, rooder666

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

I'm still hanging on to my Perun's Fire. Charge time is faster than Plan C, and it wrecks poo poo in Crucible.

• Locked thread