Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
buddy i can't even lift the thing, she's basically made out of plutonium

she humped that mastiff to death

edit: the collie watched. they always watch

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
I think everyone is overlooking the fact that the wife was most likely sleeping with the pitbull and convinced the poor dog to murder her husband for her. Next thing you know the dog is put down before it can be properly questioned and the woman gets a huge insurance settlement. I think it was murder...

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
lmao they knew that dog was unpredictable and they didn't euth it

later:

"i have no idea what happened officers it was a freak accident"

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Hobo Siege posted:

I've never met a pit bull who wasn't an absolute sweetheart. Maybe that's just me being fluent in doglish, but I just can't see them being a threat to anyone unless they're very poorly socialized.

So you just can't see them being a threat to anyone unless they are?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I had a pit bull once. Very well trained, affectionate, obedient with no signs of aggression towards people or animals. Then it got pissy one day and killed three of my mom's five dogs, broke into her chicken coop and slaughtered them, then went after the cows.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Pit bull owners should consider forming some sort of alliance with gun nuts to further their quest of eradicating all kids.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

dog buttz posted:

I had a pit bull once. Very well trained, affectionate, obedient with no signs of aggression towards people or animals. Then it got pissy one day and killed three of my mom's five dogs, broke into her chicken coop and slaughtered them, then went after the cows.

Yeah they're dog aggressive and prey driven working dogs, and if u expect them to act like a lab ur prob gonna be in for a bad time

If my pits got out they'd kill all my livestock and then prob each other because they're blood sport murderdogs and they were made to fight other dogs and chase small animals

people dont get this and get really confused when their pit bull fucks up and acts like a pit bull

rip, those people, i guess. dumb families with kids should not own pit bulls because they do things like name them keylo and let them sleep in bed with their children

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Xaris posted:

:agreed:

pugs and pit bulls are loving hideous, and i usually like most dogs. its a shame most animal shelters are swamped with "pit bull mutts" and chihuahua's because they also suck

Are you saying Mexicans shouldn't be allowed to own dogs?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Maybe nobody should own dogs purpose bred specifically to be murderers.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Superconsndar posted:

Yeah they're dog aggressive and prey driven working dogs, and if u expect them to act like a lab ur prob gonna be in for a bad time

If my pits got out they'd kill all my livestock and then prob each other because they're blood sport murderdogs and they were made to fight other dogs and chase small animals

people dont get this and get really confused when their pit bull fucks up and acts like a pit bull

rip, those people, i guess. dumb families with kids should not own pit bulls because they do things like name them keylo and let them sleep in bed with their children

In my opinion, part of the problem is that the arguments get so exaggerated so when people hear about it, all they hear is KILL THE DEMONS vs. NOT A SINGLE PIT BULL IS AGGRESSIVE.

If you're already wanting one/not wanting one, it's likely you'll pick the side that supports your decision even if it's insane.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

The ban has worked well in here the UK where the only real owners now are criminal types unable to rear a dog properly who see them as a status thing or illegal fighting rings, still only a small percentage of fatalities are pit bulls though lol

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

prob only the people who should own them are like dog fighters because they created the breed and typically know how to manage the drives they bred into them and keep them from murdering kids but then they made dog fighting illegal and we throw all those ppl in jail and now every dipshit on earth thinks they should go get one bc "its all in how u raise them" and they have no loving clue what measures are necessary to manage and contain them and they cry on the news when the inevitable happens

so p much they should prob go extinct because they were made for a sport that isn't legal because no one can leave anything alone and idiots just can not loving stop trying to own murderdogs

they can actually be p safe if you get a really well bred one and contain and manage it correctly but none of these people ever do; they get some really poorly bred unstable one from a shelter or a really lovely breeder and just throw it in their house and act like this is totes fine so basically the tiny handfull of people who own well bred, stable ones and manage them the right way are like 1 in a million so i p much accept that shitbulls should rest in peace

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

dog buttz posted:

In my opinion, part of the problem is that the arguments get so exaggerated so when people hear about it, all they hear is KILL THE DEMONS vs. NOT A SINGLE PIT BULL IS AGGRESSIVE.

If you're already wanting one/not wanting one, it's likely you'll pick the side that supports your decision even if it's insane.

Ya p much, both sides are blown way out of proportion. Not all pitbulls are murderdogs and they are also not safe harmless baby cuddlers. They're a really intense working breed bred for a defunct purpose that can be owned safely, but not by the vast majority of people.

People use them for hog hunting now and those people usually seem to do okay with them but we p much just jail everyone else who knows how to handle them and then hand their dogs to rescues, who hand them to families, who do not know that they are not getting a doofy lab in a pit bull suit.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Huskies are the best dog. Close thread now pls

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

I was taking my kid for a walk one day, she was 3 at the time. Some lady was playing with her pit bull in a parking lot across the street without a leash on. It sees my kid and takes off toward her at high speed. In a panic I picked up my kid over my head and kicked the dog square in the nose, and it went running back to it's owner whimpering. I'm still not sure what the dog's intentions were, but the owner assured me that he just wanted to play. Then the she flipped out on me for being a "piece of poo poo animal abuser" and threatened to call the cops. I don't walk down that street with my kid any more. I feel bad that I had to kick the dog and wish I could have kicked the lady instead.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I wrote my congressman asking for a new law that says police must do door to door searches for pit bulls and shoot them on sight. I hope it doesn't die in committee.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Hobo Siege posted:

I've never met a pit bull who wasn't an absolute sweetheart. Maybe that's just me being fluent in doglish

Thus spake Yiffy the Dogfucker

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Wooten posted:

I was taking my kid for a walk one day, she was 3 at the time. Some lady was playing with her pit bull in a parking lot across the street without a leash on. It sees my kid and takes off toward her at high speed. In a panic I picked up my kid over my head and kicked the dog square in the nose, and it went running back to it's owner whimpering. I'm still not sure what the dog's intentions were, but the owner assured me that he just wanted to play. Then the she flipped out on me for being a "piece of poo poo animal abuser" and threatened to call the cops. I don't walk down that street with my kid any more. I feel bad that I had to kick the dog and wish I could have kicked the lady instead.

I would have done the same thing and then called the cops for the lady having a dog that will charge people off its leash in public.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Superconsndar posted:

so p much they should prob go extinct because they were made for a sport that isn't legal because no one can leave anything alone and idiots just can not loving stop trying to own murderdogs

No, don't! Then all the idiots will just start ruining the reputation of better dogs like German Shepherds and Dobermans again :(

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I lived in the same county when that happened, it was crazy. There were jacked up trucks tearing rear end all over the place driven by and full of pitbulls with trucker hats and jean-shirts with the arms cut off (Where this happened, Zanesville, is very redneck). Anyhow, needless to say this tiger came around my house mewing for some babies to eat and out of nowhere a truck with two confederate flags mounted to the bed came roaring up and out come like 30 pitbulls spilling out of the extended cab. Sweet. Next thing I know, these pitbulls start ape dicking the tiger like it was a little dumb 18 year old coed at a club trying to drink with the big dogs. The last thing I remember before feinting from being way too over titillated was one of the pitbulls walking away all cool as the tiger corpse exploded behind him. Also, he didn't look back at the explosion. The End.

Put this testifiction against any bullshit media "statistic" and it will own it every time.

(ps, I really did live in the same county at the time and it was effing bonkers outside, maybe not that bonkers but close).

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

dog buttz posted:

I would have done the same thing and then called the cops for the lady having a dog that will charge people off its leash in public.
i wouldve called the cops on her citing that reason but really because bitch you just threatened to call the cops on me for defending my kid? gently caress you instead

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH
Maybe he died on his own and the dog got hungry

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

gary oldmans diary posted:

i wouldve called the cops on her citing that reason but really because bitch you just threatened to call the cops on me for defending my kid? gently caress you instead

We all know the only things more dangerous than pit bulls are cops.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It like when people get all weepy because the cops raided someone's house and shot their dog. Of course they shot the dog, the dog probably attacked the cops.

And since it's a criminal's house, it was probably a pit bull.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

hemophilia posted:

Texas Heelers. Get this dog. It's not a real breed but a mix of two or three real breeds. I had one as a kid and not only was it insanely smart and protective, it also never laid a hand on a human being in its life. It would bark and put on a show then wag its tail and be cool. If you try to buy specifically texas heeler puppies you'll probably pay a lot of money even though it isn't a real breed, but you find dogs with their profile in shelters all the time. Mine stuck with us for 13 years, following me from being a toddler to adulthood. It ripped out the throat of two trespassing adult racoons when it was 9 years old and it really badly hurt a mean dog that jumped our fence. Good dog.

I've got one of those. He's a good dog. I got him for free from a person who bought him to be a farm dog and did zero training and was all "lol why did he eat my chickens"

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

mine also killed chickens. really hated animals. loved people.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Most of the people who own dogs shouldn't own dogs

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
Dogs.... good...? ... bad? who can know...

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Dogs good, pit bulls dishonorably discharged from the dog alliance.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

hemophilia posted:

mine also killed chickens. really hated animals. loved people.

Same. Haaaaates all dogs except for my other dog.

I don't have a farm so we do silly dog sports instead

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I just found out that Dogs have an sexually transmitted form of cancer that exists for 6 months to a year and then goes away because the body builds an immunity against it.

It spreads just by coming in contact with the genitals so when dogs sniff butts or bite themselves it can spread to other dogs that way. So they think the same strain has existed for over a few thousand years because there are so many dogs and it just keeps spreading and dying and spreading and dying.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

burritolingus posted:

pit bulls -> poo poo
bulls

Pit bulls are poo poo.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

cock hero flux posted:

if i ever decide to finally cast off the shackles of this gay mortal earth i'm going to buy a bunch of pitbulls and keep them in cages and spray them with water and make them fight for their food and play dogwhistle sounds on infinite loop

every day i will look them each in the eye, just out of reach, and poke them with sticks and laugh at them. when they are grown and strong and instilled with full hatred for me i will stop feeding them entirely until one of them kills and consumes his brothers for survival. on the day that one dog reigns supreme and displays maximum survival instinct i will open all of the doors to my house and then stand in front of the cage.

i will open the cage and strike a christ pose while the dog bites my arteries. death will come for me but it will be peaceful for even though i will be torn apart by an angry pit bull and he'll probably, like, run out the doors to my house and begin terrorizing the neighborhood and the soundtrack to my demise will be angry dog noises and shouting, i will still die knowing that somewhere, soon afterwards, someone will be convinced not to buy a loving dog because of it

Also I liked this post

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

It like when people get all weepy because the cops raided someone's house and shot their dog. Of course they shot the dog, the dog probably attacked the cops.

And since it's a criminal's house, it was probably a pit bull.

The dog definitely attacked the cops because dogs love to eat poo poo hahaha

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
my brother just adopted a Great Dane mix.

The shelter said it wasn't and that it was a Bulldog mix, but then he saw what a real great dane looked like and then realized that dog shelters don't know poo poo.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
ME: wow dogs really complex topic after all... hmmmm... I'm picking caninus nohomo

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Pit bulls are banned here and I'm glad of it.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

sexy young infidel posted:

ME: wow dogs really complex topic after all... hmmmm... I'm picking caninus nohomo

I showed my dog anime and he got angry so they should be good in your books

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
Not to interrupt the pit bull hate (I'm not fond of them myself since I had to punt one in the stomach to get it to quit attacking my collie/shepherd mix) but that dog doesn't really look like a pit to me. It's not a good picture, but if that's Fat Boy next to the guy in the photo, he looks more like a Presa Canario. Which makes more sense, as a mastiff mix would be more than large and heavy enough to kill a full-grown man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3UrT0sLnM8

Posting an actually good dog to lighten the mood a little

• Locked thread