Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lid posted:

Well... it's been a long time since they had an empty arena match and the last one was a classic.

Someone get Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins on this.
A three hour garbage brawl between those two would be immeasurably better than whatever they had planned for tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

St Evan Echoes posted:

A three hour garbage brawl between those two would be immeasurably better than whatever they had planned for tonight

Hell No, the RAW after a Big 3 PPV is almost always the best raw. If for the crowd alone.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
Amazing. Imagine how much money they'll be losing.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Hell, three hours of Dean Ambrose wrestling a TLC match against a dirty mop would be an improvement.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SylvainMustach posted:

has raw ever been outright canceled before?

Benoit's death

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

It's going to be interesting seeing the crowd reactions to the main event at WM without Bryan because he is really popular in the Bay Area. The Giants used the "Yes!" Celebration during their world series run last year and he made a couple appearances including the celebration parade I think

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jan 26, 2015

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Cool we can call this a memorial cancellation for the Network's death.

Rest in Piss.

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

There's one way to salvage all of this and get fans to buy in, but I can't imagine them doing it.

Tonight, Rollins cashes in the MIB on Lesnar, winning the title. Somehow over the next month, Ambrose works his way in, and you get a Shield triple threat for the title.

Then, you can build to a Bryan/Lesnar match at Wrestlemania as well, which people would buy into.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Liquid Communism posted:

Hell, three hours of Dean Ambrose wrestling a TLC match against a dirty mop would be an improvement.

this would be better than most anything tbh

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

I'd imagine we'll get a "best of" if they have to cancel tonight. Show off some random good matches from the past year or so.

Who am I kidding, it'll be a John Cena highlight reel followed by some furious masturbation over the Attitude era.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

This will be viewed as a success to WWE because the ratings for RAW tonight during the first 20 minutes are gonna be through the roof.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Hey, they could broadcast that 24 hrs thing they were hyping last night!

Oh, wait. It was about last year's WM. Going into how is was screwed up. :catstare:

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Looks like Smackdown is gonna be cancelled per Wade Keller on twitter.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
best of Roman Reigns: Three hours of hair flips and HOOOAHHHs.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

SaberToothedPie posted:

Looks like Smackdown is gonna be cancelled per Wade Keller on twitter.

What a terrible week for the WWE

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I"m sorry but I just can't get into Daniel Bryan anymore. The underdog stuff doesn't hold my attention anymore. Very hard to believe him as a underdog now that he has won the title. Not to mention the fact that he has become nothing more than a walking catch phrase. Him having to work YES into every loving promo is getting annoying. I'm at the point where I really don't even want to see him on my screen anymore. They have ruined DBry for me.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gordong Dongbay posted:

I"m sorry but I just can't get into Daniel Bryan anymore. The underdog stuff doesn't hold my attention anymore. Very hard to believe him as a underdog now that he has won the title. Not to mention the fact that he has become nothing more than a walking catch phrase. Him having to work YES into every loving promo is getting annoying. I'm at the point where I really don't even want to see him on my screen anymore. They have ruined DBry for me.

I feel bad for Roman. Dude is trash on the mic but god drat if he doesn't get me hype. I don't give a gently caress, I'm pleased with the end

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Nice try, Vince

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If weather forces WWE to cancel Raw in addition to SD I am going to be pissed the gently caress off at Mother Nature. I NEED FALLOUT GODDAMN IT

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

BodyMassageMachine posted:

I'd imagine we'll get a "best of" if they have to cancel tonight. Show off some random good matches from the past year or so.

Who am I kidding, it'll be a John Cena highlight reel followed by some furious masturbation over the Attitude era.

To be fair, if you put on a 3 hour show of Punk/Cena on Raw (HA Unlikely, How about Cesaro/Cena from Raw), Michaels/Cena on Raw, Edge/Cena at Unforgiven 06, and then the Triple Threat from last night? And gently caress it, have him sit down in a booth with someone to play off and just have them commentate over the matches. I would loving watch raw all the way through, and it would be a poo poo tonne better than the actual show will be and you loving know it.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
A number of people have touched on this, but it bears repeating how Roman's rise to the top (in kayfabe) just wasn't there. Think of the year Austin had before going into the Wrestlemania main event. The iconic match with Bret, the incredible Hart foundation feud that had other sub-feuds winding in and out of it, mixing it up with Shawn Michaels and Undertaker, generally being given time in the spotlight with top guys, so that he could organically be perceived as an emerging top guy himself. It feels like Roman has done genuine gently caress all by comparison. And hell, Austin spent time out for injury during that year too.

Even Cena messed around with the US title a year before getting the WWE belt. You don't just break a guy away from a team and shove him to the top of the company right away, like I'm not sure what successful template they're trying to follow here. It's like an unholy combination of Diesel and Lex Luger, historically two of their least successful big experiments.

Though, I actually think a Diesel-style title win could have worked for Reigns. Like, having him steamroll a hated heel champ, kind of outta nowhere, as a surprise. It could be fun and it would play to his strengths. Do it during a normally dull part of the year; and heck it could be nice to have a modern surprise title win that wasn't MITB-related (totally wouldn't work with Brock as champ but I'm just talking hypothetical). Putting the weight of the entire Wrestlemania build on him is a horrible move though and will shine a magnifying glass on his flaws like no one's business.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Just do 3 hours of the Best of the Shield to remind people that Reigns used to do cool things like spear fuckers outta nowhere instead of making poop jokes and loony tunes references

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

C'mooon 400 person crowd

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Fat Lowtax posted:

C'mooon 400 person crowd

"Look at WWE stealing from TNA yet again." - TNAMecca

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Just need to do a 3 hour Triple H/Stone Cold Podcast.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I wonder how Zayn and Balor feel today, knowing they'll never be top guys.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If weather forces WWE to cancel Raw in addition to SD I am going to be pissed the gently caress off at Mother Nature. I NEED FALLOUT GODDAMN IT

All the fallout you could ever want is the Rock's embarassed/embarassing promo on the post-show last night, along with the fan that held up a 'BLUE PANTS' sign behind Renee at the desk.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Minidust posted:

A number of people have touched on this, but it bears repeating how Roman's rise to the top (in kayfabe) just wasn't there. Think of the year Austin had before going into the Wrestlemania main event. The iconic match with Bret, the incredible Hart foundation feud that had other sub-feuds winding in and out of it, mixing it up with Shawn Michaels and Undertaker, generally being given time in the spotlight with top guys, so that he could organically be perceived as an emerging top guy himself. It feels like Roman has done genuine gently caress all by comparison. And hell, Austin spent time out for injury during that year too.

Even Cena messed around with the US title a year before getting the WWE belt. You don't just break a guy away from a team and shove him to the top of the company right away, like I'm not sure what successful template they're trying to follow here. It's like an unholy combination of Diesel and Lex Luger, historically two of their least successful big experiments.

Though, I actually think a Diesel-style title win could have worked for Reigns. Like, having him steamroll a hated heel champ, kind of outta nowhere, as a surprise. It could be fun and it would play to his strengths. Do it during a normally dull part of the year; and heck it could be nice to have a modern surprise title win that wasn't MITB-related (totally wouldn't work with Brock as champ but I'm just talking hypothetical). Putting the weight of the entire Wrestlemania build on him is a horrible move though and will shine a magnifying glass on his flaws like no one's business.

Was it just a year? I thought it was more than that but no, Wiki is telling me he won it for the first time at mania against the Big Show.

Huh... now if only Roman had eliminated Rusev before being eliminated himself, targeting the Bulgerian brute and heading into Wrestlemania to defeat the undefeatable to take his United States title almost a full year after his break up from the shield and a successful tag title run. Holding the championship and defending it fiercly until the 2016 Royal Rumble where he wins, and then loses the US title to another worthy competitior, potentially through underhanded cheating caused by the current champion.

Maybe people might not poo poo upon him.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
If Smackdown is in jeopardy of being cancelled tomorrow night I wonder how difficult it would be to reroute the guys they need to Full Sail.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Balor can always go back to Japan and get Armani money so I doubt he gives fucks.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Lid posted:

Balor can always go back to Japan and get Armani money so I doubt he gives fucks.

Well now we know how the Bullet Club is going to split into Bullet Club Styles and Bullet Club Paintpak.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

flashy_mcflash posted:

All the fallout you could ever want is the Rock's embarassed/embarassing promo on the post-show last night, along with the fan that held up a 'BLUE PANTS' sign behind Renee at the desk.

I don't know if The Rock looks embarrassed to be there or if he's just tired as hell. Dude is working on 4 movies at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgvrOVH2Erc

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Bhester posted:

If Smackdown is in jeopardy of being cancelled tomorrow night I wonder how difficult it would be to reroute the guys they need to Full Sail.

I'd take a live 2 hour NXT made up of NXT talent.

Actually would Vince be booking it? "This Zayn gain is the champ? Good, if Reigns beats him that will get people back on his side."

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I'd like to hear from Justin Gabriel about why he quit.

I'd like to see the paychecks of everyone not named Cena/Orton/Lesnar.

I'd like to hear from Batista about how he felt about last year's Rumble, and what he thought about this year's.

I want a disgruntled writer to tell me about backstage before last night's event started, and how Vince reacted to the booing.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Fat Lowtax posted:

C'mooon 400 person crowd
All of them being Vince's friends and peons that will do whatever he says.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The East coast blizzard is just further proof that Vince is the controlling reptilian overlord of the satanic illuminated death cult that is the WWE. He's controlling the weather, people. We're through the looking glass here.

Question reality.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Fat Lowtax posted:

C'mooon 400 person crowd

If you had no knowledge of the blizzard happening (I'll be honest I only found out about it last night reading this thread) I wonder how much the visual of an almost empty arena would speak after Reigns won the rumble.

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

With all the talk of last minute rewrites, I'm starting to worry the decision to go with Reigns wasn't just incompetence. Maybe WWE isn't confident Bryan's injury is as healed as he/his crystal healer have suggested.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chromatic posted:

I don't know if The Rock looks embarrassed to be there or if he's just tired as hell. Dude is working on 4 movies at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgvrOVH2Erc

I think Reigns either forgot what to say or froze and Rock had to pick things up unexpectedly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

SteamyV posted:

With all the talk of last minute rewrites, I'm starting to worry the decision to go with Reigns wasn't just incompetence. Maybe WWE isn't confident Bryan's injury is as healed as he/his crystal healer have suggested.

Yeah it's not like we didn't see this coming 6 months ago or nothing.

Going with Bryan would have been the last minute change.

• Locked thread