Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
zack tweeted it so its ok https://twitter.com/zachbraff/status/491285876190633984

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

It's not like that particular subtext was hard to read.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

let me know when there's a zach braff/peter sarsgaard nude set, op.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
scurbs

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I liked the early seasons when I was a young man

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Scrubs could have decent episodes but when it was bad it was embarrassing. Also loving lol at any hospital where CNAs and the myriad of technicians don't exist because paying for all the extras is expensive.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Can anyone who watched the last season on ABC confirm/deny whether it gave satisfying endings to the arcs of these beloved characters?

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

I come in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the holy spirit Bitch!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cantaloupe posted:

Can anyone who watched the last season on ABC confirm/deny whether it gave satisfying endings to the arcs of these beloved characters?

The last season was a decent return-to-form for the show, honestly. Not great but they did put out an excellent finale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aekVGeBwKI4

The Medical School spin-offs is atrocious at first but gets good p. much the instant Zach Braff's character leaves, but since he sticks around the entire first half of the season no one but idiots like me in TVIV back in 09 found out.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
not bad until a few seasons in when you reallys tart to realize what a whiny and unlikable piece of poo poo your "protagonist" is

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

zock barff & dolan raisin

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
scrubs started p good but it turned into a lovely cartoon about halfway through its 200-season run

however this drop in quality was successfully counteracted by Dr. Cox, Dr. Kelso, Elliot, the Janitor and many p awesome guest stars

The medschool season was so bad but I wanted it to live because I liked the michael mosely character 'drew' and the whatever franco guy's character and Dr. Cox

However it was destroyed in a lovely manner by the shittiness of everything else esp. the skinny girl main character and Eliza Coupe and Dr. Kelso

The lesson is that good things can be wrecked by lovely things and also that if your show makes it five seasons you should have your main character ritually raped and sacrificed so you can start from scratch and recapture the vigor and vision of the creative act

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
The medical school show was ruined by the fact that like half of the jokes by the end of the regular show were "JD IS LIKE A GIRL AND POSSIBLY GAY" and then they tried to transfer his jokes onto the skinny girl in the medical school show and forgot that "a girl does girly things" isn't a good premise for jokes.

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

the seasons with elizabeth banks were pretty terrible, also the season where they had med students instead of the main cast.

the rest of the show was between mediocre (everything about turk and carla's stereotypical sitcom wedding) and good (the episodes with brendan fraser)

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
elliot is fine as post pic=x

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

now this is something i actually would watch.

Zaeryth
Dec 14, 2014
Awww cmon guys, fantastic show. Too many picking it apart, lol. Defiantly one of the better "lite" show's available that's worth a re-watch!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm Dr. Acula! Blehehehe. You have Cancer Turk. Turk you will die.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I did like how they quickly ran out of poo poo for Turk to do so they gave him diabetes and it impacted the show like, once after that.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

naem
May 29, 2011

I watched this in syndication or something and got super into it for like 6 months when it was off the air already lol

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It's not a funny show at all, in fact, it's unfunny.

Fusilli Jerry
Dec 13, 2013

ASSMAN
janitor became lovely when they started doing poo poo like giving him a light blue uniform, carla was lovely all the way thru, jd was kinda likeable at first, but then he became too whiny about everything, cox was gr8 up until they gave him a kid, turk was alright i guess until he got married, and loving elliot is like the peggy hill of this show

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Fusilli Jerry posted:

janitor became lovely when they started doing poo poo like giving him a light blue uniform, carla was lovely all the way thru, jd was kinda likeable at first, but then he became too whiny about everything, cox was gr8 up until they gave him a kid, turk was alright i guess until he got married, and loving elliot is like the peggy hill of this show

I put it in an ancient TVIV thread but the breakdown is simple:

Season 1-3: Worth watching if you watch any of the show at all.

Season 4-5: The "good" wacky years. poo poo starts to get really cartoony but everyone is also kind-of liberated by it so there's still some good stuff. Season 5 in particular has some nice stuff.

Season 6-7: the "bad" wacky years. Even if the writer's strike hadn't crippled them there was clear creative fatigue and this more than anywhere is where JD firmly mutates into a grotesque abomination of his former self. And Private Dancer wastes a loving ton of our time. Seriously. gently caress Private Dancer.

Season 8: A weird return to form for the most part and a solid close-out to the series.

Season 9: The first half bites, but the second half shows the outline of a potentially good show completely worthy of succeeding Scrubs, but the damage had been done and it wasn't coming back. Also the girl who plays annoying JD-substitute Lucy is super hot and continues to be super hot in the AMC show "Halt and Catch Fire."

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
The janitor was in a light blue uniform for six minutes of one episode, and Dr. Cox's kid punched him in the balls and it was hilarious

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
op... plz... post tej teets

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
The show was good but got overplayed.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

mind the walrus posted:

I put it in an ancient TVIV thread but the breakdown is simple:

Season 1-3: Worth watching if you watch any of the show at all.

Season 4-5: The "good" wacky years. poo poo starts to get really cartoony but everyone is also kind-of liberated by it so there's still some good stuff. Season 5 in particular has some nice stuff.

Season 6-7: the "bad" wacky years. Even if the writer's strike hadn't crippled them there was clear creative fatigue and this more than anywhere is where JD firmly mutates into a grotesque abomination of his former self. And Private Dancer wastes a loving ton of our time. Seriously. gently caress Private Dancer.

Season 8: A weird return to form for the most part and a solid close-out to the series.

Season 9: The first half bites, but the second half shows the outline of a potentially good show completely worthy of succeeding Scrubs, but the damage had been done and it wasn't coming back. Also the girl who plays annoying JD-substitute Lucy is super hot and continues to be super hot in the AMC show "Halt and Catch Fire."

Hm story checks out

VincentPrice
Jun 26, 2009
Show turned worthless after season 3.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

A. Beaverhausen posted:

It's not like that particular subtext was hard to read.

its not gay, its just guy love. between two guys

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
I don't want no Scrubs
Scrubs is a show that can't get no love from me

star trek
Apr 7, 2009
scrubs was good

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Scrubs is a good show you can just throw on and watch and chances are it is a decent episode. The first 5 or so seasons are really watchable and pretty funny for the most part. I like scrubs

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
Have you read my marxist critique of the show in TVIV? It has a strong focus on the subjugated Janitor and how his efforts to better his social standing are foiled by the status quo.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I enjoy all but the new med class crap. Was a great show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Scrubs is inoffensive humour for people who are white in the worst way

• Locked thread