Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Beef Turret posted:

Thanks for yet another photo of this personality-free animal that's indistinguishable from all the others. Even though it's been scientifically proven that cats don't give a gently caress about people
how can you be so wrong and so right within such a short distance, drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

Beef Turret posted:

Thanks for yet another photo of this personality-free animal that's indistinguishable from all the others. Even though it's been scientifically proven that cats don't give a gently caress about people and were domesticated only because their faces look like a babys I'll continue to dress up and walk my cat with a leash and harness because I'm insane

cats were domesticated because they kill vermin, and you have to keep them in a harness otherwise they run around all over the place in terror when you take them to the cinema or the pool or the club

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Beef Turret posted:

Thanks for yet another photo of this personality-free animal that's indistinguishable from all the others. Even though it's been scientifically proven that cats don't give a gently caress about people and were domesticated only because their faces look like a babys I'll continue to dress up and walk my cat with a leash and harness because I'm insane

Source that cats were domesticated because their faces look like babies?

Also I just thought of something. The people in the neighborhood have been bitching because a bunch of halfway houses have popped up in the last couple years- the property values are lower here than in the rest of millionaire/billionaire Naples. If the killer ends up being a resident of one of those places, it'll give more ammo to the people who want to kick them out. Drug addicts don't normally murder cats more than regular people afaik, but on the other hand I could see it being some deranged addict off his meds or on crack or something. Just thinking out loud.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

CrashCat posted:

how can you be so wrong and so right within such a short distance, drat

http://www.wimp.com/catsowners/

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
do not engage beef turret

he was home schooled and maladjusted.

best to just ignore him until he develops further or hopefully kills himself.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Sure it's a person? There were halves of cats showing up in my city a few years ago but it turned out to be coyotes.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

i don't own a cat is it safe to click

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Was the cat wearing a hoodie?

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

CrashCat posted:

i don't own a cat is it safe to click

To sum it up there'd have to be something wrong with you to have frank love and affection for a cat when it sees you as nothing but an oversized pez dispenser. If you think your cat loves you because it blinks and rubs up against you or w/e you're just wrong. There is nothing there. They're just mindless animals that were bred to trick lonely women's brains into thinking her kids were nearby. Peace

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Beef Turret posted:

To sum it up there'd have to be something wrong with you to have frank love and affection for a cat when it sees you as nothing but an oversized pez dispenser. If you think your cat loves you because it blinks and rubs up against you or w/e you're just wrong. There is nothing there. They're just mindless animals that were bred to trick lonely women's brains into thinking her kids were nearby. Peace
Oh sorry, that's the part I was agreeing with you about

Cats totally develop different personalities but a stray cat who's been loving starving off and on for months is way more likely to be affectionate than one you actually cared for and raised for longer, even more affectionate than a little kitten who was wounded and you nursed to health

On the other hand a stray cat is also way more likely to have a screw loose and just randomly one day decide they need to poo poo and piss everywhere while clawing everything in sight and some things that you didn't even know you had

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

CrashCat posted:

Oh sorry, that's the part I was agreeing with you about

Cats totally develop different personalities but a stray cat who's been loving starving off and on for months is way more likely to be affectionate than one you actually cared for and raised for longer, even more affectionate than a little kitten who was wounded and you nursed to health

On the other hand a stray cat is also way more likely to have a screw loose and just randomly one day decide they need to poo poo and piss everywhere while clawing everything in sight and some things that you didn't even know you had

Hmm okay. That's a loving reasonable opinion. I think I'll start having it

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Those wacky cats, cutting themselves in two, what wacky hijinx will they get up to next?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Cat terrorist, or bird freedom fighter?

The Hman
Jan 6, 2015
This guy is making a whole fur suit out of dead cats so he can be the realest furry around.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

:dukedog:

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Use a cat as bait, then shoot the guy in the arm and legs. Then impale him with a machete, finishing with a proper decapitation.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Kilo147 posted:

Use a cat as bait, then shoot the guy in the arm and legs. Then impale him with a machete, finishing with a proper decapitation.

dont stop now, post the rest of your heathcliff fan fiction

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
"Usually if it's someone killing cats, they step up to larger animals. Then they start killing people," said Smith.

Who is Smith? Is this news source really spreading the psychological analysis given by some bimbo based on her qualifications as an owner of cats?

how me a frog fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 19, 2015

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

how me a frog posted:

Who is Smith?

A crazy neighborhood cat lady missing a ton of teeth.
The local news didn't think it was prudent to interview the police or a criminologist.

Which is natural, because at the end of the day they are just loving cats.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
If the stories of H.P. Lovecraft are anything to go by, it's only a matter of time before the killer gets the wrong dude's cat and BAM! He's cat food.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

dethkon posted:

"They only found half of the cat,

hahahah

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Free range cats

Homo Depot
Jun 27, 2007

Studs on sale!
This is horrible. They can't even give them an open catsket funeral.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
You think the half they found was the cute half or the smelly half? Maybe they were split right down the middle?

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
All the goons posting about how this "is NOT serial killer behavior let me show you why" and "cats are the same as pests/vermin no different than the yellow jacket wasp" are just doing some sort of irony-posting, right? Like I understand that goons have a reputation for being mentally ill but this is all surely just some sort of shitposting c/o NuGibbis?

Beef Turret posted:

Oh look it's this argument again.

Hey did you know the only reason you are attracted to your mate is because of her hips that are good for bearing children? And that boobs are NOT great; you are only attracted to them because they provide sustenance? And that females are attracted to jaw lines and muscles because of the primitive days when men had to hunt for food to help in times of survival? This is what people like you sound like whenever you bring up these types of "your dog only licks you to taste what you ate!" :smug: iceburns.

I can't believe some goons need to be taught why loving domesticated animals is rewarding and good.

RatHat posted:

Sure it's a person? There were halves of cats showing up in my city a few years ago but it turned out to be coyotes.

Hoping it's this as well, but they usually aren't clean cuts like the ones found in Florida here.

Maybe Robert Durst is in the area this week?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Bob Durst is cool and if he was my friend we could hang out and talk about heated rocks and ceder chips and other stuff that I'm sure reptiods really enjoy and he wouldn't have to pretend to be a person at all because I don't care about that I want a lizardman friend.

Speaking of which, it's an animal eating the cats, probably. I mean, gently caress. It's Florida, Melmac. They have gators and coyotes and panthers that will get a house cat with no problem. Seems more likely than a psycho retard taking cat butt trophies.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Ork of Fiction posted:

Speaking of which, it's an animal eating the cats, probably. I mean, gently caress. It's Florida, Melmac. They have gators and coyotes and panthers that will get a house cat with no problem. Seems more likely than a psycho retard taking cat butt trophies.

It's certainly better than the alternative (sick weirdos) but I don't think a coyote is going to split an animal perfectly in half and then not bother eating any of it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Melmac posted:

This is what people like you sound like whenever you bring up these types of "your dog only licks you to taste what you ate!" :smug: iceburns.

I can't believe some goons need to be taught why loving domesticated animals is rewarding and good.
if it makes you feel good to pet a cat then pet a cat

that said there are plenty of people who don't know how to raise a hamster much less a cat and the world would be better off if they didn't try

and there are also people who think their pet is some sort of minor deity and want every visitor to prostrate at their food dish

and stray cats are still animals and will do whatever the gently caress they have to do to survive, including wrecking your poo poo

so yeah if your only exposure to cats is one of those you're probably not going to have a good opinion of them, sociopath or not

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Melmac posted:

If your sweet darling loves to hang out on my warm car every morning and enjoys scratching its paint to hell and back I'm going to plug it with my pellet gun. With no regrets. None.
I don't blame the cat, I blame the lazy, worthless, stupid owner. Who is poo poo and doesn't give a gently caress about her own incompetence as a pet-owner.

Ork of Fiction posted:

A coyote would eat the innards and not make a clean cut. Alligators are ambush predators and wouldn't bother with a cat that wasn't at the edge of water. Panthers are near-extinct unicorns.
Nope, this is a dude on a mission. The neighborhood can probably already guess who he is, but isn't talking. Probably a guy who's spoken with the lazy, worthless pet owners before.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Probably the work of an MRA acting out due to sexual frustration and societal rejection.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I'm just going to try and stay positive and think maybe the cats are doing it to themselves.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Do It Once Right posted:

If your sweet darling loves to hang out on my warm car every morning and enjoys scratching its paint to hell and back I'm going to plug it with my pellet gun. With no regrets. None.
I don't blame the cat, I blame the lazy, worthless, stupid owner. Who is poo poo and doesn't give a gently caress about her own incompetence as a pet-owner.
:agreed:

Not like it will cause any permanent damage anyway. Maybe I would go for the garden hose personally but anyway they will learn and it's not a big deal.

Most outdoor cats I've known eventually became pancakes anyway, so if you really cared about Fluffy you'd lock them the gently caress up.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
Joeycat is next.

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax

maybe some cats are like that, but mine is very, very clingy. Tabbies are my favorite, they're very affectionate.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

CrashCat posted:

:agreed:
Not like it will cause any permanent damage anyway.

Well...
If it's a headshot from a really wicked awesome pellet gun...

Still way more humane than bisection, and it's not like I didn't act like an adult and talk to the poo poo-rear end owner first.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Roo cat ain't having none of this bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
This is all just viral marketing for the gritty CatDog reboot, bookmark this post

• Locked thread