Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
You know, my dad was hired to film the E3 announcement of Banjo-Kazooie. I should ask if he has the tape still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
I like that they went full RIP AND TEAR with melee animations. And there were a bunch of variations of them. Also he fed one monster its own heart ripped out of its chest.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

alcharagia posted:

You know, my dad was hired to film the E3 announcement of Banjo-Kazooie. I should ask if he has the tape still.

I can't wait to see Banjo and Kazooie's addition to Project Spark.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I was disappointed with Doom 4. The monsters weren't huge, and they didn't have huge guts.

Suspicious Cook posted:

I can't wait to see Banjo and Kazooie's addition to Project Spark.

I really hope they turn Project Spark into some kind of macabre Rareware graveyard. In November they drop the Jet Force Gemini pack.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

arcsig posted:

I'm pretty sure Doom 4's development has been restarted at least twice.
I believe it was originally announced in 2007 or 2008 and they said it would be shown soon, but it wasn't. Many years later, Zenimax bought id and it turned out Doom 4 was going to be a COD clone set on Earth. Bethesda Softworks told id to redo it or they would fire everybody and give Doom to somebody else.

Rocketlex posted:

I was disappointed with Doom 4. The monsters weren't huge, and they didn't have huge guts.
There was a huge monster at the end of the second video.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Rocketlex posted:

I really hope they turn Project Spark into some kind of macabre Rareware graveyard. In November they drop the Jet Force Gemini pack.

I dunno that hell stage had that one big thing that was huge and when you kill it its intestines spilled out those were kinda huge guts.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Al Borland posted:

Meat Man, Green Man,

and here comes my biggest prediction of the year.

Microsoft will show off VR of the Oculus rift! They'll have rushed together some PR schtick because people laughed at them at the Oculus event and they want people to understand what VR is.

Meaning these idiots will put in extra effort of showing it off and going "No you don't get it!".
Even though everyone exactly gets it and their little horrible poo poo theatre.

My biggest hope is to see Oculus paired with Kinect. Or I wonder if it will be completely ignored and just show off the stupid VR controls instead.

I can only dream of a live demo of Oculus where they don't even show gameplay for a bit, just a goober shaking his head around with Ouya 2015 Edition strapped to his face.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Guys please tell me Zero Escape 3 won't happen.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I cannot handle this uncertainty.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Motto posted:

I can only dream of a live demo of Oculus where they don't even show gameplay for a bit, just a goober shaking his head around with Ouya 2015 Edition strapped to his face.

They hire 20 professional dancers to come on stage, Rift's strapped to their heads, as they dance and pretend to be playing an Oculus Rift version of Kinect Just Dance 2015.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Anyone found a true 1080 Doom 4 gameplay video online?

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Guys please tell me Zero Escape 3 won't happen.

The 4infinity.co countdown doesn't end for like 2 more weeks, so if it is happening it's not happening at E3

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
Nothing on display will match the Witcher, lets be honest.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Gandalf21 posted:

The 4infinity.co countdown doesn't end for like 2 more weeks, so if it is happening it's not happening at E3

Oh okay that helps thank you

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Wait

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
That means I have two entire weeks' worth of heart-pounding uncertainty to go

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
gently caress

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's not going to happen

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you aren't breaking the sound barrier when running in a Doom game it's not a Doom game.

Also, 15 rockets. 15 rockets. What the gently caress.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The most disappointing thing about Doom 4 was how lovely that regular shotgun seemed to be. Plasma rifle wasn't winning me over, either.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I thought Doom 4 looked ok. :shrug:

I was only paying half attention to it though since I was in the middle of a game of lol when it started and the volume was ultra quiet. I finished that around the time they moved on to sizzle reel and that looked decent enough.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
My dream announcement would be Project Morpheus compatibility with No Mans Sky.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I liked the plasma rifle sound a lot. Rewatching it I feel like there's a rhythm to the combat that reminds me of doom 1 and 2.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I thought the sound seem kinda weak, but I am sure that is because of the stream and the game itself will have better sound design.

But yeah, the a lot of the guns didn't seem to have much impact. I mean its looks like they have way more than most shooters, but not you know Doom level.

edit: again the impact might be because the sound wasn't really coming across on the stream though
Honestly what makes Doom work is all speed and sound.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jun 15, 2015

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfm50ZU2ATE

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
I could see what they were going for. THey had the door sounds and the monster cries from far away, but the original Doom was actually very bright and colorful, and fast. It was quickly dashing around a maze of rooms for ammo and things to kill on your way to the end goal.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
I was pretty meh through the majority of the Doom 4 gameplay trailer but i have to admit the chainsaw stuff was pretty great.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Al Nipper posted:

I was pretty meh through the majority of the Doom 4 gameplay trailer but i have to admit the chainsaw stuff was pretty great.

No it wasn't. It was two slow as gently caress canned animations that made me never want to pick up that piece of poo poo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Man I remember when I played Doom and thought to myself "If only there was a moment to pause and reflect with a canned kill-animation that locks me into place."

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Why did the chainsaw lock you into long animations that would probably get you murdered in a nonscripted setting? That seems like the opposite of what you'd want.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Let's have some positivity in the thread

Miyamoto playing some kids level from Mario Maker

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Both the chainsaw and the fatalities run counter to the already contested theme of "speed" they keep trying to push.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

echronorian posted:

This is what video games should be.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

echronorian posted:

Okay.

The best part to me is that he signed that 3DS live on stage instead of handing him a pre-signed one. He even doodled on it! :3:

Want that 3DS.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

echronorian posted:

Suspicious Cook posted:

Okay.

The best part to me is that he signed that 3DS live on stage instead of handing him a pre-signed one. He even doodled on it! :3:

Want that 3DS.

chumbler posted:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

chumbler posted:

an old guy and two kids standing in a crowded room?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Yes

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

an old guy and two kids standing in a crowded room?

What they're doing is actually called having fun

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Doom 4 looked pretty fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Video games aren't about having fun, they're about getting pissed off and bitching about it on the internet.

• Locked thread