Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Strategic Tea posted:

Some nerd stuff is cool, but oh my god 90% of nerd 'culture' is the most embarrassing, cringey, cutesy, groupthink shite
it's people growing up with silly poo poo and having goofy tastes as a result. and then there's assholes like the subset of bronies who are beheading little girls because they don't respect twilight sparkle's farts enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

quakster posted:

it's people growing up with silly poo poo and having goofy tastes as a result. and then there's assholes like the subset of bronies who are beheading little girls because they don't respect twilight sparkle's farts enough

I think it's more of an internet thing, because there was plenty of silly poo poo around when I was a kid, just no internet.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the internet is a big ol' dating/cucking service, for sure

Cheesegod
Aug 15, 2001

Offensive Clock
i once went to the doctor who bar in brooklyn and pointed at the robot statue and said loudly "yo check it out, its daft punk!" and some guy got really mad and tried to explain the doctor who robot to me at which point i walked away

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

"the dr who bar in brooklyn." those are just noises.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Tell her that Dr Who died when Tom Baker died, and all series after were a nightmare that got shittier and shittier and she needs to stop watching it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Tell the police she is trying to convince you to join ISIS.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
its cool to let people talk about things that interest them sometimes

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Tell her your the valeyard and say nothing else.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

last night i went to the grocery store and i parked next to a blue car with a dr. who license frame and a vanity plate that said KARDIS

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I havent seen a single episode of Dr. What and intend to keep it that way, but as sure as theres a sunrise tomorrow theres horrible slashfic about it.
Dig up the worst of it and recite it exitedly in horrid detail.

If she goes away - win.
If she doesnt shes a depraved whore and you can her senseless - win.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
have all the wrong opinions about doctor who :devil:

KonigRasnake
Mar 20, 2014

Simply trying to enjoy some lemonade and magic-head.
Extrapolate. EXTRAPOLATE!

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Give her the ol' "Sonic Screwdriver" :awesomelon:

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

gnarlyhotep posted:

Take her aside, and in a calm voice say "I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in Dr Who."

We don't take kindly to reasonable rational suggestions round these parts, partner.

Tell her you don't have the timey-wimey to hear about Dr. Who. (she'll laugh, guaranteed.) then ask her for sex.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
my fav part of dr who is the plotlines

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Go full sperg mode on how Dr. House is better than Dr. Who.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Tell your boss that you find her too sexually aggressive and personally threatening to continue working near her.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I was once asked if I was a Whovian. When I asked what a Whovian was he gave me such a look of hurt and betrayal. I dont think he even told me what a Whovian was.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

I was once asked if I was a Whovian. When I asked what a Whovian was he gave me such a look of hurt and betrayal. I dont think he even told me what a Whovian was.

That never happened

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

I.N.R.I posted:

That never happened

Oh youd be amazed at the concentration of sperg particles I work around.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Cheesegod posted:

i once went to the doctor who bar in brooklyn and pointed at the robot statue and said loudly "yo check it out, its daft punk!" and some guy got really mad and tried to explain the doctor who robot to me at which point i walked away

lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the fact that you even know what a whovian is means you are a dildo licker

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

What's with everyone desperately trying to prove they aren't nerds lately?

Like literally giving people the minutes of their day in gbs to prove they're normal

Conformists

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nerd became too mainstream, hyper-conformist is in now.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

radiatinglines posted:

What's with everyone desperately trying to prove they aren't nerds lately?

Like literally giving people the minutes of their day in gbs to prove they're normal

Conformists

Just because somebody is a nerd doesn't mean they can't be contrarian.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

last night i went to the grocery store and i parked next to a blue car with a dr. who license frame and a vanity plate that said KARDIS

:perfect:

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Bitter Mushroom posted:

have all the wrong opinions about doctor who :devil:

Satan reigns

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced
You and your dog should steal all her Christmas presents, op

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Your coworker is one of the villagers from How The Grinch Stole Christmas?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

demand to see her dalek

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I tried to watch one season on Netflix (I think?) because it had this really hot Scottish girl but I couldn't do it. That's my whole Dr. Who experience.

I also didn't know PS4's were geeky.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Never talk to anyone ever again. I guarantee you'll avoid this issue in the future.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

also there is nothing funnier than seeing a nerd irl who is being talked to by a worse nerd and clearly gives zero shits about warhammers most recent novel or the plot of the last MLP episode but the first one just doesnt have the social ability to tell the second one to go away

e: if you read this and it resonates with you because you often find yourself in detailed, indepths conversations about something that you give zero shits about, just know that everyone around you is noting it and laughing at you because you are a maladjusted nerd almost as bad as the one that is haranguing you about the sociopolitical implications of a hetalia sequel

i dunno, i'm pretty sure the mr. sparkle commercial from the simpsons is funnier than this

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
anyway op tell her she puts the tard in tardis and sit back in smug triumph as the rest of the office goes OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

NecroMonster posted:

demand to see her dalek

If she is a true whovian, she has one.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

If she is a true whovian, she has one.

if she actually shows you a dalek get real upset

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

say "oh i'm sorry, did you say something, I wasn't paying attention, some idiot was filling my ear with stupid poo poo about a tv show, it was very distracting" the next time she finishes talking to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

lol sick burn

• Locked thread