Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Zeroisanumber posted:

Didn't we try that back in the 00's? IIRC, it didn't do anything except make Steve Jobs richer.

In 2007 yeah. It was a joke of policy, just a handjob for the rich that lead to them socking away more because they know it will happen again, and actually made the goals it was trying to accomplish worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

When are we going to reach peak political spending?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Forever_Peace posted:

A helpful Sousaphone player provided a dramatic soundtrack to for some folks marching to their rally.

This is amazing.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe

Trabisnikof posted:

Because the BLM has other poo poo to do besides stalk him all day. They manage a ton of the West and have very few employees.

People were using BLM earlier in reference to Black Lives Matter and I was really confused when I kept thinking it was the Bureau of Land Management...

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Fried Chicken posted:

So at an event today Trump read off Lindsey Graham's personal cell phone number

Time for :goon: I guess. I want to know his stance on updawg

Finally, an honorable purpose for https://www.sendmecatfacts.com/

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

He's not wrong.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Trump is the candidate we deserve and the one we need right now.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

As forums poster Meg from Family Guy would put it, "He's not wrong."

Graham is only in it to throw bombs at Paul so yeah, it kind of is a waste of time and money.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

Didn't we try that back in the 00's? IIRC, it didn't do anything except make Steve Jobs richer.

Sure did. All the promised "investment" mostly just ended up being spent on share buybacks and special dividends.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Classic conservatism: Accuse your opponent of doing a thing, when you are actually doing that thing.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Jim Robinson over at FReep has just come out and endorsed Trump. Election-wise, that won't mean much but it's an indication that Trump has won the heart of the stupid and mean section of the GOP base.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
Based on Trumps current trajectory, I expect that he will SWAT any debates that do not invite him.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ComradeCosmobot posted:

As forums poster Meg from Family Guy would put it, "He's not wrong."

Graham is only in it to throw bombs at Paul so yeah, it kind of is a waste of time and money.

Seems like a legitimate use of time and money to me.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Frabba posted:

Classic conservatism: Accuse your opponent of doing a thing, when you are actually doing that thing.

At this point I am not sure I think donating money to Graham is a bigger waste than Trump.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Lindsay Graham meets Trump, beats the poo poo out of him like Ralphie in A Christmas Story, rockets to frontrunner status.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Frabba posted:

Based on Trumps current trajectory, I expect that he will SWAT any debates that do not invite him.

He's gonna have someone buy him time on home shopping network so he can simulcast himself as responding to questions and other participants to the debates since he's not there.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So uh, WHY did he casually drop the personal cellphone number of a dude who's not even a blip on national radar except for the occasional 'oh right you exist and you have opinions about the Arabs' interviews?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So uh, WHY did he casually drop the personal cellphone number of a dude who's not even a blip on national radar except for the occasional 'oh right you exist and you have opinions about the Arabs' interviews?

Same reason he attacked the friend of that dude who isn't even running!

:trump:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Graham called him a jackass 3x in an interview with CBS this morning

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Because he's a petty, vindictive, possibly slightly retarded rear end in a top hat.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Fried Chicken posted:

Graham called him a jackass 3x in an interview with CBS this morning

So Trump naturally had to prove his point.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

ReidRansom posted:

Because he's a petty, vindictive, possibly slightly retarded rear end in a top hat.

I know, and it's glorious

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

So McConnell announced he had a deal with the democrats for the highway fund and that the vote on cloture would be at 4.

Only problem is the Dems haven't seen the deal McConnell made with them, only Barbra Boxer has, and Reid and the rest of the caucus want time to look at it since they got blindsided here

Oh, and in a sign of water under the bridge, McConnell is the special guest for a fundraising event for Matt Bevin on August 28th. You may recall that about a year ago Bevin and McConnell were having a rather heated primary fight

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

haveblue posted:

This is amazing.

I am pretty happy I saw this. :unsmith:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It's Lindsey Graham, the worst that can happen is his polling numbers go up from 0% to 2% out of sympathy, there's not much to lose by attacking him.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

icantfindaname posted:

I know, and it's glorious

It really is.

I almost feel like he's going to try and destroy the presidency itself once it becomes apparent to him that he can't have it.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

MaxxBot posted:

It's Lindsey Graham, the worst that can happen is his polling numbers go up from 0% to 2% out of sympathy, there's not much to lose by attacking him.

Well if he's not careful, he might lose big donor and RNC support!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

My god, it's so wonderful. :golfclap:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Frabba posted:

His next move will be to talk about how many times Rand Paul's mom sucked him off, then he'll put on a Guy Fawkes mask.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Gravel Gravy posted:

Yeah it's always a good idea to let a country know the date, time, and method of how you would attack them roughly two years in advance.

How do people get away with saying this stuff when social media is so ubiquitous?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, "Probably getting a new phone. iPhone or Android?" ~ Lindsey Graham.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "Probably getting a new phone. iPhone or Android?" ~ Lindsey Graham.

quote:

Chewie ‏@ogamble 35s35 seconds ago

@LindseyGrahamSC Whatever gets the best reception from a closet

:drat:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Haha! Burn.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

This movie has a pretty anti-capatalitic and anti 1 percent theme for the time if I remember correctly, whatever happened to this sort of anti capitalist action movie? :smith:

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/admit-it-you-people-want-see-how-far-goes-dont-you-50895

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

chitoryu12 posted:

His next move will be to talk about how many times Rand Paul's mom sucked him off, then he'll put on a Guy Fawkes mask.

"Actually, it's about integrity in gaming journalism, dummy." -Donald Trump

• Locked thread