Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

ljtrigirl posted:

I think I'm starting to realize that if everyone that clearly isn't reading my posts and then tries to evaluate me off of an incomplete picture was scum, it would be a really imbalanced roleset. idk. There were parts that I agreed with, but I also think that, out of everyone that has blatantly misrepresented me, QPQ is the least scummy (except for maybe EXACT).

Yeah, my first couple of votes when I came after you were based on my gut read at the beginning of day 1, along with a couple of your posts earlier today, since I didn't read most of day 1 closer than a rudimentary skimming. Your more recent posts today have made me feel better about you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

BottleKnight posted:

You seemed intentionally disengaged. You were reading and interacting but not posting, and then you posted about why you weren't posting. You seemed dissatisfied with the game.

But your posting has been better! ##unvote

Really? What has seemed better?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

ljtrigirl posted:

Really? What has seemed better?

The way he showcased how your initial vote on him was hollow and then is actively asking questions like normal and scumhunting makes me believe him saying he just wouldn't be around much for D1. PMom can be abrasive but is actually a good town scumhunter so him showing up to the plate today helps my read a lot.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sorry guys, timezones mean that I post at kind of odd hours which makes engaging a bit weird and isn't helped by me being sick. I'll try harder though because I'm enjoying this game! So this is a few pages back.

EXAKT Science posted:

Nope, not saying that. Interesting that you bring it up, tho.

You listed poisoner as a role, saying that they poisoned someone in the night which caused a death in the next night. Someone died of poison on night 1, so the only reason you would bring this up would be if you thought there was a night 0. Why are you backpedaling?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

SirSamVimes posted:

Sorry guys, timezones mean that I post at kind of odd hours which makes engaging a bit weird and isn't helped by me being sick. I'll try harder though because I'm enjoying this game! So this is a few pages back.

You listed poisoner as a role, saying that they poisoned someone in the night which caused a death in the next night. Someone died of poison on night 1, so the only reason you would bring this up would be if you thought there was a night 0. Why are you backpedaling?

I didn't say that. I said that poisoning usually works in such a way that we wouldn't have a death from poison on night 1. We did, so either the fact that the death flavor was poison means that Ecco is loving with us, or that there's some other weirdness going on.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
If someone were poisoned night 0, I'd expect to see two deaths this morning.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ecco is probably loving with us

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Last game had scum team's kills flavoured as incineration, right? I don't know if reading into the kill flavour will get us anywhere.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

What I'm saying is

Hal Incandenza posted:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

The Ninth Layer posted:

For a town that mislynched on Day 1 we've had almost no actual discussion of the candidate who got lynched. Can someone who voted for Gamer early (BottleKnight, FV, Kashuno looking at you guys) explain to me a day later why you thought he looked so scummy?

This was a good post, and I would also be interested in the answers. Just because GotG has a day 1 lynch meta, doesn't mean scum might not have used that knowledge.

In particular, Meinburg's vote (I know we can't really question him on it now), simply quoted one of Keane's ghost posts and voted. This one, to be specific:

CCKeane posted:

*performs an elaborate dance routine while playing a squeezebox accordian*

Gamer is definitely scum.

*continues the merry, ghostly jig*

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mithross posted:

This was a good post, and I would also be interested in the answers. Just because GotG has a day 1 lynch meta, doesn't mean scum might not have used that knowledge.

In particular, Meinburg's vote (I know we can't really question him on it now), simply quoted one of Keane's ghost posts and voted. This one, to be specific:

Go look at QPQ. He has some very odd things going on with his timing/posting on that gamer vote.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I want to make a case on Meinberg but Hiipfire doesn't really have the knowledge to say where he was coming from with the low content/lurking so I feel like it'd be kinda unfair even if he felt pretty scummy.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Okay, time to respond to other posts that addressed me.

ljtrigirl posted:

What do you mean my case feels off? What do you see as the primary differences between my case and yours/merks?

You start out fine with your comment on how she seems to be just coasting by and not drawing attention to yourself, but your case gets pretty weird when you start talking about having a dream about the scum roster and getting unreasonably excited at any point when someone votes with you on it. It's actually got me to start questioning my own case on her, but I'm still leaning more scum than not.

Rarity posted:

What do you think of these particular comments about merk:

First comment: Meaningless, merk didn't say he wanted to know who was the lynch leader, he wanted to analyse it. Probably something along the lines of looking at why it lead to the gamer lynch.

Second comment: Can agree, it does look rather like merk wants to be seen moving his vote so it doesn't look like he's tunneling. Bad posts.

Third comment: I can see the point, asking people to remove context and accuse based on not committing on day 1 is kind of weird.

So I can see some kind of scummy stuff from merk in what these particular comments refer to, but my gut read is overzealous town using slightly underhanded methods to try and get scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

merk seems to be 3rd-party-hunting a lot more than Scumhunting, and that is suspicious because its a way for Scum to post with sincerity (since it isn't part fo their informed minority information).

I don't see any way Lumpen believes this

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

For a town that mislynched on Day 1 we've had almost no actual discussion of the candidate who got lynched. Can someone who voted for Gamer early (BottleKnight, FV, Kashuno looking at you guys) explain to me a day later why you thought he looked so scummy?

I mean you can read my case. He looked really bad for several reasons.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Samfucius posted:

Too scummy to be scum, huh?

In this instance, yes :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

If PMom flips scum, this post should set off loud alarm bells.

Why should a neutral read trigger alarm bells?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Rarity posted:

Why should a neutral read trigger alarm bells?

Playing it too safe?

Idgi either

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

Big fan of leading charges on easy votes today, huh Ninth?

I like that you've put Lumpen, Merk, the three lurkers, and myself on this plate, all of whom you can walk back from when we flip town.

I'm liking my survivor read of Keane more and more. He's jumpy the second he gets some heat.

I'm fine with him for now but I think he'd need to be a policy lynch before LYLO

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Scum don't know how to read scum except when they bus. Neutral reads are red flags.

This one though might not be with the claim out there.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

I'm liking my survivor read of Keane more and more. He's jumpy the second he gets some heat.

I'm fine with him for now but I think he'd need to be a policy lynch before LYLO

That time is right now.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

I don't see any way Lumpen believes this
Do you disagree? Did his posts accusing Keane of being 3P not seem much more engaged than his previous cases, or am I crazy? Or do you not agree with the premise that Scum often are preoccupied with hunting 3rd-parties?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Lumpen posted:

Do you disagree? Did his posts accusing Keane of being 3P not seem much more engaged than his previous cases, or am I crazy? Or do you not agree with the premise that Scum often are preoccupied with hunting 3rd-parties?

I agree with you, friend Lumpen.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Because null read is a plausibly deniable way of saying someone isn't scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hal Incandenza posted:

A whole lot of posts and this is all you have to contribute?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

Scum don't know how to read scum except when they bus. Neutral reads are red flags.

This one though might not be with the claim out there.

Depends on the player. Someone like you knows how to distance without bussing, for example.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

I agree with the premise but not how you're applying it to merk

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

Because null read is a plausibly deniable way of saying someone isn't scum.

Man I really hate the null/neutral read arguments. I mean on the one hand I get it and you're right that it's an easy place for scum to hide. But on the other hand in a game this big I feel like it's completely natural to have plenty of null reads, especially early in the game.

Although I'm probably objecting a bit because I know will often make null reads especially early in a day.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

merk posted:

Your case on me yesterday is heavily based on an OMGUS, so his use of that term makes sense. Lumpen isn't setting off any alarm bells for me right now. Sorry.

This is real misrepresentation of Diqnol's case. Do you really not understand what Diqnol was saying or are you just trying to make his case look weaker?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

ljtrigirl posted:

And even now it feels like PMom is discussing my mislynchability and deciding whether or not to come out hard against me.

If I could just shoot you, I would.

What post/s from PMom are you talking about here? There isn't a post about you for ages before you say this.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

QuoProQuid posted:

Nothing about Lumpen's posting reads as off to me. He's acting as Lumpen has always acted.

I do not like this post because it is pushing for a lynch candidate, while simultaneously defending against any backlash that might result from it. "I think Meinberg is scum, unless he is not, and even if he is not, he isn't that bad a player to lose." It's a nothing post.

##vote: ljtrigirl

Agree with this.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

Depends on the player. Someone like you knows how to distance without bussing, for example.

Right. The new guy I made the comment on, to me, probably doesn't.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This is real misrepresentation of Diqnol's case. Do you really not understand what Diqnol was saying or are you just trying to make his case look weaker?

But it's not. His case is "you omgus'd me after I voted you on the TMM joke." That's the case. It should've been one line.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

ljtrigirl posted:

That's not even true. His few posts (particularly the first one) sound really forced and like he's playing how he think he needs to. He's not engaged with the game. I don't see how you can disagree with my reasoning. a) I think he's evil. b) If he isn't it's better to mislynch him now than later, when we could be at must lynch.

You keep digging in on your bad logic here. It's better to not mislynch anyone. This is a bad reason to want to lynch someone on D2.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

But it's not. His case is "you omgus'd me after I voted you on the TMM joke." That's the case. It should've been one line.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is a bad joke, right?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm not feeling trigirl, I don't think.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

I agree with merk's case. PMom reads to me as someone who is dissatisfied with their scumteam. ##vote PMom

Yeah I really don't like that built-in defense. LJ is not really pinging me because I like her scumhunting but immediate hedges like this just make you look bad.

You know this isn't what merk said right? Can you elaborate on how you get the feeling that Pmom is not happy with his scum team?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You know this isn't what merk said right? Can you elaborate on how you get the feeling that Pmom is not happy with his scum team?

I already elaborated further in the thread, and yes I was separating the fact that I agreed with merk's case from the point I was adding myself.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

I want to make a case on Meinberg but Hiipfire doesn't really have the knowledge to say where he was coming from with the low content/lurking so I feel like it'd be kinda unfair even if he felt pretty scummy.

If you think someone is scum, them replacing out doesn't make their replacement not scum. You can't ask meinberg questions anymore but I really don't see how replacing out prevents you from casing someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is a bad joke, right?

That was my reaction.

• Locked thread