Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Mymla posted:

Today I watched a show about some human folks going through a liquid portal to another planet where they fought a snake-like parasite that takes over peoples bodies.

It's a Gua'uld and nothing the show does can persuade me otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Oasx posted:

The #standwithward hashtag has some really weird people
It must be a strange experience as an actor.

The hashtag is the part that gets me because canceling AoS would mean Ward going away. Fandoms can be really fuckin weird.

With Lash out and Barry Convex predicting that Secret Warriors will be downplayed, I'm guessing that the back half of the season will focus on Daisy and crew stopping him. It's not like they would prove themselves a solid team on a high-risk mission and then just disband. I imagine that Hydra will need a bit of time to recuperate after having tons of operatives killed and those episodes aren't going to be filled with the SHIELD Halo 5 tournament (not that we all wouldn't watch the poo poo out of that).

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
But, but, but my triggers :magical:

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The hashtag is the part that gets me because canceling AoS would mean Ward going away. Fandoms can be really fuckin weird.

With Lash out and Barry Convex predicting that Secret Warriors will be downplayed, I'm guessing that the back half of the season will focus on Daisy and crew stopping him. It's not like they would prove themselves a solid team on a high-risk mission and then just disband. I imagine that Hydra will need a bit of time to recuperate after having tons of operatives killed and those episodes aren't going to be filled with the SHIELD Halo 5 tournament (not that we all wouldn't watch the poo poo out of that).

There's no split screen in Halo 5.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

old dog child posted:

If HydraGod didn't take over Ward's body, it could've taken any of the other dead Hydra Spec Ops guys (who have bodies in much better condition!)

But were nowhere near the portal.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

sunday at work posted:

There's no split screen in Halo 5.

There is in the MCU :v:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I can't wait for the world tournament arc that ends with May winning.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Whalley posted:

It was a total Giles moment and immediately after that scene, my wife looked at me and said "So are we going to get an episode where it turns out Anthony Stewart Head plays a character who trained Coulson to just stone cold lean down and take the life of a bad guy who's already beaten?"

Wait, Giles was a bad guy?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Wait, Giles was a bad guy?

I believe that's a reference to (Buffy s5) when he kills Ben.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pyroi posted:

I can't wait for the world tournament arc that ends with May winning.

For you, the day Grant Ward graced SHIELD was the most important day of your life

For me, it was Tuesday.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!
Some days you just can't get rid of a Ward.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Neowyrm posted:

Some days you just can't get rid of a Ward.

Well it is a Ward season, after all.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I am a little bit disappointed on the timing. I wanted to see more crazy Ward and his Hydra shenanigans. I felt that story arc could have gone a lot further before he had to die and become zombie Ward.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mymla posted:

Today I watched a show about some human folks going through a liquid portal to another planet where they fought a snake-like parasite that takes over peoples bodies.

Sure, but how did you like Agents of SHIELD this week?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I wouldn't count Ward out completely. He's strong willed and I wouldn't be surprised if he's at least partially in the driver's seat. The slug seems to have the memories of its hosts, and it seemed to draw heavily from Will's persona as well.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm gonna miss Crazy Ward, but his Crazy Fans will hopefully make up for it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

greatn posted:

I wouldn't count Ward out completely. He's strong willed and I wouldn't be surprised if he's at least partially in the driver's seat. The slug seems to have the memories of its hosts, and it seemed to draw heavily from Will's persona as well.

Yeah, I'd be fine if it was "just regular evil Ward and maybe he has a different, eviller haircut or something" tbh.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

But he already has a goatee...?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

double nine posted:

But he already has a goatee...?

Next time we see him it'll be the exact same goatee but also with the sickest fu manchu the world ever did see

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wonder if he's going to slowly rot away like Anubis...

Oh Crap... It's Anubis.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Joust posted:

Hunter is gonna cop such an asswhoopin' when they hear of Wardgod.

Godward :colbert:

Also Fitz's look to Coulson at the end was obviously him dreading having to explain to Simmons that Will died, got taken over by the thing, and then Fitz had to kill 'him'. Coulson is probably pretty ashamed that he succumbed to anger and killed Ward the way he did, and they both end up sharing a Look as two dudes who just went through a traumatic experience together.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

Sure, but how did you like Agents of SHIELD this week?

There was an episode? I thought they cancelled it for stargate reruns.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No, EMORY, zis is a FAAAAR. Gate! It's completely different.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

greatn posted:

Like I previously theorized, I suspect HydraGod had to fight Will for control, but Ward would have given himself fully over.

BrianWilly posted:

I just think Fitz has become too...well, too badass to let something like that bother him very much, especially after the way Ward tortured Simmons.

Infinity War ends by Fitz teleporting to the battle, yanking the Gauntlet from Thanos, pimpslapping him with it, then just teleporting away.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I kinda hope that Ward just pulls a Majin Vegeta and ends up acting exactly the same, with the additional powers that the Goa'uld provides him.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Infinity War ends by Fitz teleporting to the battle, yanking the Gauntlet from Thanos, pimpslapping him with it, then just teleporting away.

I wouldn't even be mad.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
Fitz x Squirrel Girl, new headcanon

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
It turns out, Simmons IS Squirrel Girl in the MCU. She just hasn't terrigenisized yet.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Ensign_Ricky posted:

You forgot using it to create a monkey helper and then teleporting away with his new monkey friend.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

OB_Juan posted:

It turns out, Simmons IS Squirrel Girl in the MCU. She just hasn't terrigenisized yet.

Fitz... is Chipmunk Hunk.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

bobkatt013 posted:

You forgot using it to create a monkey helper and then teleporting away with his new monkey friend.

Eh, Comics Fitz just got his monkey helper after he helped Coulson and Daisy verbally bitchslap Odin.

Comics are weird.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Carrying Ward to the portal wasnt a viable option no matter what. Considering that the alternative was leaving Ward alone on a dead planet, with no hope of return, with minimal supplies, poor mobility due to wounds that would be serious even with proper medical care, and maybe an unkillable supreme evil in a foul mood... that sternum crush could debatably be considered a mercy killing.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 10, 2015

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Whizbang posted:

There wasn't much shooting.

Close the thread.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Ward is truly getting the wish, To lead.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Robot Hobo posted:

Carrying Ward to the portal wasnt a viable option no matter what. Considering that the alternative was leaving Ward alone on a dead planet, with no hope of return, with minimal supplies, poor mobility due to wounds that would be serious even with proper medical care, and maybe an unkillable supreme evil in a foul mood... that sternum crush could debatably be considered a mercy killing.

Slowly crushing someones sternum with your robo-hand is pretty far away from a mercy killing. A bullet to the head would have sufficed.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

FWIW, the main reason why I'm down on Secret Warriors - well, besides the budget complaints - is because one of the EPs hemmed, hawed, and equivocated when he was asked about it. He could have easily answered the question with something straightforward like "yes, this is the beginning of the Secret Warriors, and you'll see plenty more of them when the show returns in March!," but he didn't.

I would love to be wrong, but until we see/hear more to the contrary, I'm not optimistic.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Thanos: Who was that?
Mack: He's the guy who killed Gordon

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

hope and vaseline posted:

Fitz... is Chipmunk Hunk.

Who is Koi Boy in this scenario? I would say Hunter, but we've already established he's Kinda Hawkeye.

PopRocks
Jul 4, 2003

WTF am I reading?

wait, what? When did that happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PopRocks posted:

wait, what? When did that happen?

Did you miss the episode?