Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

veedubfreak posted:

Just curious, but how does one end up daily driving a Gremlin? Of all the old terrible cars one could get attached to, the Gremlin seems like it would be at the bottom of the list.

Well he was looking at Rangers and Corollas for his first car, and I sent him the link to the craigslist ad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

And look where it got you lol

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

Well he was looking at Rangers and Corollas for his first car, and I sent him the link to the craigslist ad.

Even when helping a friend buy his first car, you still manage to slam your dick in a door

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
At least Gremlins are simple and fun to work on.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

leica posted:

And look where it got you lol

Yeah but in my defense he's keeping tabs on AMC Eagles and Concourds for if and when he gives up on the gremlin so I'd like to think I've managed to make a difference

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My uncle that married into the family and lives on Peuget Sound is the guy that made (funded, designed, and acquired the cars for) Gremlinhenge in WA. He collects gremlins and pacers.

Even he doesn't daily drive them.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

Came in on the hook as is.

Hey remember this car and the story you were going to tell us about it?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

You Am I posted:

Hey remember this car and the story you were going to tell us about it?

I've actually giggled over how thoroughly I managed to avoid ever directly or indirectly mentioning it ever again :v:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Stop blue ballsing us. We need to know the story.

please:ohdear:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

All I was told before it left was a hooker pulled a hit and run and ended with a foot pursuit. That's pretty much word for word what I know.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So in Camaro news, I added it to my insurance while I sort the rest out, figure that way I'm being responsible whIle I begin untangling the crayon smiley face on a stained bar napkin for a title situation. It literally doubled my monthly cost, for a guy that hasn't had an accident, claim, or ticket aside from a parking ticket here or there in almost 8 or 9 years. gently caress, last accident or ticket I had were both in the black 88 325ic I sold to fund Lowered Expectations.

In retrospect there was also the moment of "loving insurance and arbitrary price gouging and their reign of terror" he exclamed, while at full lock power sliding out of the 711 parking lot in the rain earlier. And getting loving destroyed at my first red light race against a volvo wagon who saw me having fun and making noise. But loving insurance, man.

I did find the previous owner on facebook after finding a slip of paper with his name and a PO box adress, due to a rather unique last name.

His last time he posted anything was almost exactly around the time Camaro Girl aquired it :crossarms:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

...And getting loving destroyed at my first red light race against a volvo wagon who saw me having fun and making noise...

What model of wagon so I know how if I should giggle or not.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Jesus Christ Lester Holt will have a field day telling this story.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

88h88 posted:

What model of wagon so I know how if I should giggle or not.

I didn't know what a white beater 850R looked like from the side profile :downs:

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
All I see are ping dongs.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
In retrospect back when she was hired and I said oh man I would kill for a t top camaro and her first words in response were "you can have it" might not look so good now

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ssjonizuka posted:

All I see are ping dongs.

Oh, like all those Rorschsack ink blots?

E: the S was a legitimate typo but have decided to leave it

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

His last time he posted anything was almost exactly around the time Camaro Girl aquired it :crossarms:

Open the trunk to the Ford Fusion.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Are you still getting the truck too?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Are you still getting the truck too?

Dude put in the need another title paperwork and just waiting for it in the mail :haw:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

Dude put in the need another title paperwork and just waiting for it in the mail :haw:

You know what they call a guy in command of a fleet right?

It's the dawn of ADMIRAL 14 INCH

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
SWAYING TO THE RHYTHM OF A NEW AI ORDER AND
COUNTING BONERS LIKE SHEEP TO THE FOURTEEN INCH WAR DRUMS

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

In retrospect back when she was hired and I said oh man I would kill for a t top camaro and her first words in response were "you can have it" might not look so good now

You know a 350 swap should be piss easy and super cheap given their availability.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

MustardFacial posted:

You know a 350 swap should be piss easy and super cheap given their availability.

That would ruin the car's character.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
No supercharged 3800 cmon man!

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

MustardFacial posted:

The real answer here is to make a Camaro version of the Mustang SVO. With the Iron loving Duke. :c00l:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Since he had his arse kicked by an 850 he needs to find a nice B5202 B5234T in the junkyard and swap that in, obviously it's superior. Then go racing again.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

All I was told before it left was a hooker pulled a hit and run and ended with a foot pursuit. That's pretty much word for word what I know.

I'm sad we don't know any more about this story as it's pretty blueballn's

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

I like this thread and the direction it is heading.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

I mean why would she even need such a chariot of the Gods with that sweet sweet base model poverty spec Lancer back from its vacation with her ex who was totally making the payments on it still, pinky swear, you can trust him.

Then, I pulled out my phone and hit shuffle for some tunes cause the radio isn't working lol, and these three songs came on in this order. I thought it was only on album not library until the third song started.

E:vvv ain't showing up on my end despite checking the link, it was Primus - American Life if anyone else has the same issue.

Then I guess I blacked out because somehow I came to in the absolutely necessary aisle at Oreillys about 20 minutes later.

And I'm gonna need at least two kickers and 1500 watts like yesterday, and figure out some way to make the tape deck work because I am the hardest I have been in six months and I must share it with everyone at 140dB of the finest bottom shelf hacked together audio gear that pawn shops have to offer.

And this is just the first of three cases...

Am I too late?
Yeah, probably too late, but anyway; You beautiful man you.
That's a hell of an update. I was thinking about this thread and AI in general when listening to Ginsberg's "howl". Especially the line: "with dreams, with drugs, with waking nightmares, alcohol and cock and endless balls,"
Judas was my 90s workout music, Primus was my 90s standing around a campfire smoking music.
Shame I live on the other side of the planet as I'm clearing out the old house me and my brother used to live at. I have some kicker splits and a pioneer trash can sub; he had a kicker sub, class d amp, and a 4 ch kicker amp wtih some splits of what type I'm not sure. It's all going in the bin right now because I have a unlicenced ute with no money and also not licensed to drive again so I can't go get anything, and he just doesn't care about his old stuff any more.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Posted in the Russia.Jpeg thread but made me think of you.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Preoptopus posted:

Posted in the Russia.Jpeg thread but made me think of you.

Just a standard box hatchet

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

sbaldrick posted:

I'm sad we don't know any more about this story as it's pretty blueballn's

Well I'm still working on figuring out how to describe the last 36 hours without making Granos call the police on me so don't worry

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

Well I'm still working on figuring out how to describe the last 36 hours without making Granos call the police on me so don't worry

Title woes?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

meatpimp posted:

Title woes?

Okay so y'all remember the marvel vs Capcom death match in my kitchen at 5.30 am a few weeks back? Well, I knew better but I showed off the Camaro to her, and suddenly was getting hugs, laughs at my jokes, we should hang out, etc. There was the definite impression that she was very interested in it,and as she needs a car really badly she would be ever so grateful. Made me wonder if I was missing out not taking a pass at her because she drat fine yo. Honestly I wasn't half because I'm still not ready, and half because I already know in advance how that story ends.

Then a few hours later, unexpectedly and totally out of the blue I ran face first into the second girl in an entirely different part of town. She saw the car and said she lost my number and took it down and said she really wants to come hang out some time soon. Then passes on the message first girl is in the hospital and it's serious. My message to her goes unanswered.

Last night I was participating in good wholesome ChristIan activities with my prayer group and with no knowlege of its existence at all discovered there exists a 40 minute long cam video of the first girl, and it has been confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's not just a doppelganger. That girl is a FREAK, and figures like that should honestly be illegal because God drat I loving near had a heart attack.

Response from girl 1 this morning. Diagnosed with endocarditis, getting discharged but going back in for several weeks soon. Wants to see me before she goes in.

Now. Morally where would someone stand along the thought of give her the camaro, hit it and quit it, hold onto it while she's in the hospital, go after the second girl, and pray to God there's complications

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
For anyone having trouble following that blindfolded chain saw juggling act, I made a handy diagram:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
follow your heart

:angel:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Do not, under any circumstances, give the Camarbro to a GIRL. I know your life is about hating yourself, but there has to be a limit. This is not a challenge.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Don't give the car away, but by all means drive around like a maniac in it with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Yeah, to be clear when I said "follow your heart" I meant "keep the Camaro and go back to your good wholesome Christian activities."

• Locked thread