Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

It was a little uncomfortable but interesting and entertaining, well worth listening to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Josh Lyman posted:

So... I should watch?

If you love tone whiplash, yes.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

It starts 43 minutes in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03viCTmT3Qo&t=2580s

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
On my facebook today on the "on this day" it came up that I was complaining about Fearne Cotton being on TV on this day 6 years ago, so I'd like to remind everyone that she has an annoying voice and I do not find her attractive

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

The Big Taff Man posted:

On my facebook today on the "on this day" it came up that I was complaining about Fearne Cotton being on TV on this day 6 years ago, so I'd like to remind everyone that she has an annoying voice and I do not find her attractive

I think I told you that you were wrong then and you're wrong now, she's a bendy, dirty minx

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

If you love tone whiplash, yes.
I watched season 1 a while back and thought it was pretty good.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Total Meatlove posted:

I think I told you that you were wrong then and you're wrong now, she's a bendy, dirty minx

This is the correct answer, even though some of these words confuse and terrify me

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

netally posted:

Not as bad as those time filler adverts with the Muslim drag queen singing and lots of inspiring images of gay people kissing and disabled people smiling. It's so bad it's almost like a parody of Channel 4 that some a right wing comedian would come up with.

And yet modern Channel 4 also does all that Benefits Street crap. Remember when they used to be the telly equivalent of Radio 4?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Big Taff Man posted:

How about 'our' Holly Willoughby? She's a lass of the people, she is! Cor look, she's just look you are!

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Rarity posted:

How about 'our' Holly Willoughby? She's a lass of the people, she is! Cor look, she's just look you are!

If you say a mean word about Holly I swear to god I will hunt you down

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Big Taff Man posted:

If you say a mean word about Holly I swear to god I will hunt you down

How could I say anything mean about Holly? She watches videos of cats on youtube! She's just like one of us 'regulars'!

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Rarity posted:

How could I say anything mean about Holly? She watches videos of cats on youtube! She's just like one of us 'regulars'!

She turned up pissed to work in the clothes she was wearing from the previous day. Shes a hero.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's a real shame ITV removes all of its employees organs and replaces them with deadly spiders. She'd be cool otherwise.

I do like a bit of Ray Peacock though. I'd have loved to have been in that audience.

e: As someone not familiar with Richard Herring's podcast this is great. If it was all like this I'd genuinely want to watch every episode.

stev fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 10, 2016

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

feedmegin posted:

And yet modern Channel 4 also does all that Benefits Street crap. Remember when they used to be the telly equivalent of Radio 4?

Their commitment to diversity extends to odd white people in Britain's Weirdest Council Houses.

That's right, council houses. :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Big Taff Man posted:

She turned up pissed to work in the clothes she was wearing from the previous day. Shes a hero.

Cor I've done that! She's just like me! Aw bless!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Steve2911 posted:

It's a real shame ITV removes all of its employees organs and replaces them with deadly spiders. She'd be cool otherwise.

I do like a bit of Ray Peacock though. I'd have loved to have been in that audience.

e: As someone not familiar with Richard Herring's podcast this is great. If it was all like this I'd genuinely want to watch every episode.

It's a very singular experience. You don't tend to get the heckler experience out of live shows, and they tend to enhance a lot of acts.

I think the moment on RHLSTP I always rememeber is during his Stephen merchant interview, you can hear the exact moment when Richard twigs that Stephen Merchant is genuinely pissed off at him for earlier criticism of Extras season 2, I think it was, and the entire tone of the show shifts into real awkward territory.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Josh Lyman posted:

I watched season 1 a while back and thought it was pretty good.

They've added comedy.

I swear to god.

The drama is still there, but there is now comedy hammered right on in there.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Steve2911 posted:

They are not all quite like this in terms of audience heckling and awkwardness, but it is frequently aimless and meandering with Rich just keeping the guest talking for as long as he possibly can despite total loss of direction. I love it. It's great.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

For someone who never watches Sport or Movie channels would a Smart TV with Freeview, Netflix and maybe Amazon Video be a good substitute for Virgin or Sky? I feel it would be cheaper in the long run and basically give you access to all the same content, just not quite as early.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Yes. If there's some film or something you desperately want to see that's not on the subscription services you could always rent it.

I've never had satellite or cable and since the rise of Netflix I've never felt like I'm missing out. Also UnblockUs totally still works so you can get every Netflix region for like 4 Canadian dollars a month.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
War & Peace was pretty good yeah, I hope the BBC looks into making a few more historical costume drama things before the budget gets cut again.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Akuma posted:

Yes. If there's some film or something you desperately want to see that's not on the subscription services you could always rent it.

I've never had satellite or cable and since the rise of Netflix I've never felt like I'm missing out. Also UnblockUs totally still works so you can get every Netflix region for like 4 Canadian dollars a month.

Unblock US seems to be back and forth at the moment. And they've been kicked off PayPal which is a bit annoying. Gonna wait til things settle down a bit I think.

Annoys me because I resubbed to Netflix cos my Plex box is down at the moment, and the UK region is still pretty crap compared to the US one. Damnit I want my x-files back.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

EL BROMANCE posted:

Unblock US seems to be back and forth at the moment. And they've been kicked off PayPal which is a bit annoying. Gonna wait til things settle down a bit I think.

Annoys me because I resubbed to Netflix cos my Plex box is down at the moment, and the UK region is still pretty crap compared to the US one. Damnit I want my x-files back.
We use Netflix every day and have never had that message about proxies, or really any interrupted service. I know other people have but it's been fine here!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

How weird, I guess it must be luck of the draw as to where it puts you? I didn't get an error before when I know others have, but I put my ATV back on their DNS since writing my post just in case, but got the evil error.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

EL BROMANCE posted:

How weird, I guess it must be luck of the draw as to where it puts you? I didn't get an error before when I know others have, but I put my ATV back on their DNS since writing my post just in case, but got the evil error.
Very strange. Was watching something on Canadian Netflix when I wrote that post. How bizarre.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

PriorMarcus posted:

For someone who never watches Sport or Movie channels would a Smart TV with Freeview, Netflix and maybe Amazon Video be a good substitute for Virgin or Sky? I feel it would be cheaper in the long run and basically give you access to all the same content, just not quite as early.

I believe that NOW TV has basically all of Sky's non-sport or movie content. But frankly, I just :filez: that stuff as I consider it to be more moral than giving money to News International.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

That's a bit harsh, iPlayer.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Showbox is where it's at if you don't want Sky or Virgin. Free and you can cast it via chromecast.

Movies are a bit hit and miss but the TV selection is updated daily as shows air.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

PriorMarcus posted:

Do it. I got rid of Sky last year. Instead of paying about £50 a month - which included poo poo like a landline which was never used - I just pay for fast broadband at about £20 a month plus £7 for Netflix.

If you miss the record function then you can get a Freeview box that records. There are still plenty of channels and you honestly won't miss all the poo poo filler channels. The only thing I missed was Sky Atlantic, but if you get Now TV it's on there.

I think more people are ditching their subscription packages. The woman on the cancellations line spent an hour trying to convince me to stay and threw out all kinds of offers.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Resolved my Netflix woes. If anyone else gets the error and you're on the DNS IP they give out on the main page, there's a new pair to use instead:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

SEX BURRITO posted:

Do it. I got rid of Sky last year. Instead of paying about £50 a month - which included poo poo like a landline which was never used - I just pay for fast broadband at about £20 a month plus £7 for Netflix.

If you miss the record function then you can get a Freeview box that records. There are still plenty of channels and you honestly won't miss all the poo poo filler channels. The only thing I missed was Sky Atlantic, but if you get Now TV it's on there.

I think more people are ditching their subscription packages. The woman on the cancellations line spent an hour trying to convince me to stay and threw out all kinds of offers.

We have Now with the Entertainment package for £6 a month so get Sky Arts, Sky One and Discovery and all sorts, which is brilliant. I loving love watching Portrait and Landscape artist of the Year.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Rondette posted:

We have Now with the Entertainment package for £6 a month so get Sky Arts, Sky One and Discovery and all sorts, which is brilliant. I loving love watching Portrait and Landscape artist of the Year.
Landscape Artist of the Year was hilarious car crash television - the judges were clearly only interested in 'edgy' abstract, telegraphed their favoured artists early on, and kept putting through weak paintings. The end result was that 'anointed' kid who thought he was going to win then threw a massive strop when he didn't.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pablo Bluth posted:

Landscape Artist of the Year was hilarious car crash television - the judges were clearly only interested in 'edgy' abstract, telegraphed their favoured artists early on, and kept putting through weak paintings. The end result was that 'anointed' kid who thought he was going to win then threw a massive strop when he didn't.

Ha, the guy who spent ages doing a lovely painting then scrapped it and then pritt-sticked some cardboard to another bit of cardboard and went on to win that round? Yeah that kid was an arse.

The portrait artist one is hilarious too- there was one guy who was clearly on the spectrum and did this CRAZY portrait of Pauline McLynne (Mrs. Doyle from Father Ted) and got really anxious and anxiety ridden. He also looked like an archetypal neckbeard. When he didn't win he pulled a proper strop and just walked out, leaving the judges, Frank Skinner and Joan Bakewell standing there open-mouthed. I quite liked the end result of his picco, it was different and mad. It's the one on the far right. (edit- the blue one won that round, I didn't think it deserved to but as you say, they clearly have favourites from the start.) (double edit-It's the series one Dublin episode if you want to see it)

One of the things I love is that they select the contestants purely on one picture. When they get to see them in real life they clearly take a dislike to some of them instantly.

Rondette fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 13, 2016

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

The fact for the wildcard entry they then totally ignored all of the Random Joes/Janes, and picked a guy who lost an earlier round was totally in keeping with their 'anointed artists' clique worldview.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pablo Bluth posted:

The fact for the wildcard entry they then totally ignored all of the Random Joes/Janes, and picked a guy who lost an earlier round was totally in keeping with their 'anointed artists' clique worldview.

The watercolour guy, right? He was in an earlier Portrait Artist compo too. I'm surprised they picked him again actually. his stuff was way more illustrative and traditional than they normally go for.

Did you see the one with that young girl who spent 4 hours drawing about 3 blades of grass in painstaking detail? I love seeing the odd people that somehow get through.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Are you guys talking about the painter who spent all but like 10 minutes of a round painting an abominable brown mess and then scrapped it and did a new one the size of a postage stamp that went on to win? That was such a pisstake

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Are you guys talking about the painter who spent all but like 10 minutes of a round painting an abominable brown mess and then scrapped it and did a new one the size of a postage stamp that went on to win? That was such a pisstake

yep! oh but he went to some GLASGOW school of art so it was DIFFERENT than if it was done by some random florist from Slough.

edit-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXCTbTjB2Bg

Rondette fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Feb 13, 2016

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Landscape Photographer of the Year Judge posted:

Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. He's Amazing. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade. Slade.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Rondette posted:

yep! oh but he went to some GLASGOW school of art so it was DIFFERENT than if it was done by some random florist from Slough.

edit-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXCTbTjB2Bg

That's just really not good. "I'll have a go at a bit of sky, oh maybe not, errr". There's nothing there to suggest the he has an eye for *anything*. It's laughably poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiffkin
Feb 13, 2007

Fool! Women called Nyla are always spies!
Y'all are making me miss Watercolour Challenge.