Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should sit on the Iron Throne
Cersei Lannister/Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish
Jamie Lannister/Bronn
Jon Snow (bitch you know he ain’t dead)/Ser Davos Seaworth, “the Onion Knight”
Brienne of Tarth/Podrick Payne
Tyrion/Varys/Missandei/Grey Worm coalition
Arya Stark/No One
Sansa Stark/Theon “Reek” Greyjoy
Reanimated corpse of The Mountain/Wight that used to be Badass Wildling Milf
View Results

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mr. Nice! posted:

Oh yeah the knights of the vale definitely wouldn't just follow baelish by himself. I was just speaking from an authority aspect he technically had the position to order them regardless.

Sorry about that, I was responding to the post above you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Flikken posted:

Sorry about that, I was responding to the post above you.

Gotcha. I should really use the quote feature more often myself but :effort:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Godholio posted:

She already made some kind of media statement that it was all her in that episode.

Even without the tits, that probably would've been my favorite scene of the entire series so far. Another killer episode.

Yeah, that ending was loving awesome.

I wonder if Dany's going to throw a poo poo fit at Tyrion over his peace deal or let it slide since he was basically doing what he does best (and was working to end slavery, just slower than some would like) and she was nowhere to be found.

RIP Tonks Titties thouh :saddowns:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah, that ending was loving awesome.

I wonder if Dany's going to throw a poo poo fit at Tyrion over his peace deal or let it slide since he was basically doing what he does best (and was working to end slavery, just slower than some would like) and she was nowhere to be found.

RIP Tonks Titties thouh :saddowns:

Tyrion is going to be hosed over and hated by both sides. It's like a formula.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Flikken posted:

Tyrion is going to be hosed over and hated by both sides. It's like a formula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Just start looping that for his episodes I guess.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Baelish was fully expecting the Boltons to get steamrolled by Stannis and place Sansa, and by extension, himself, in control of the North. Now he thinks he can roll in with the Vale and become the hero.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Dude McAwesome posted:

and what was the deal with the glances between tormund and brienne?

That was loving great. And then Edd noticed. :lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I was fully expecting Tyrion to tell Missandei and Grey Worm that he only offered that 7-year-spooldown to the slave masters to make them relax, feel smug and think Mereen is showing weakness, while they're actually using the stability they get from the Sons of the Harpy being crushed to figure out how to deal with Astapor etc. and get some breathing room.

Still wouldn't be surprised if that's how Tyrion sells it to Dany once she waltzes back into Mereen with an unwashed horde behind her.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
And lol the Tyrrels are going to get gang banged by the Lannisters and the Faithful

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to have to wait the full season for Mountain Massacre Mania aren't I?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

go3 posted:

And lol the Tyrrels are going to get gang banged by the Lannisters and the Faithful

Why would they do that? They're having the Tyrell's army do the dirty work to get rid of the faith militant while Kevan stands his dudes down so the crown doesn't look like it hosed with the faith.

I'd guess the plan afterwards would be to pardon the Tyrells after some censure or whatever as a part of the deal, but this being the Lannisters, I'd think they'd use it for leverage against them long term.

And finally, this being Game of Thrones, none of that may happen and everything is gonna go tits up. Though, as far as the showdown goes, the trailer did show Mace Tyrell and his dudes facing off with the face militant at the bottom of the sept with Jamie in the mix as well.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

gfanikf posted:

I'm going to have to wait the full season for Mountain Massacre Mania aren't I?

I'm wondering when The Hound comes back into the picture.

Also, Ian McShane was cast for this season and I really want to see him Al Swearengen some cocksuckers.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Dude McAwesome posted:

brienne was a bit of a dick to red woman and davos, "your king? lol, i cut his head off"
She's still kinda miffed about the whole "using dark sorcery to assassinate the first lord to take her seriously" bit. I'd also note that she is apparently saving telling Davos that Mel told Stannis to burn monsterface for a special occasion.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Why would they do that? They're having the Tyrell's army do the dirty work to get rid of the faith militant while Kevan stands his dudes down so the crown doesn't look like it hosed with the faith.

I'd guess the plan afterwards would be to pardon the Tyrells after some censure or whatever as a part of the deal, but this being the Lannisters, I'd think they'd use it for leverage against them long term.

And finally, this being Game of Thrones, none of that may happen and everything is gonna go tits up. Though, as far as the showdown goes, the trailer did show Mace Tyrell and his dudes facing off with the face militant at the bottom of the sept with Jamie in the mix as well.

What better way for the Lannisters to endear themselves to the populace while eliminating their only true rival by buttfucking the Tyrell's after theyve done the dirty work.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm not sure that killing off the house that supported the capital for years with the only commodity that kept it from descending into open revolt is something they can spin very well in their favor.

I mean, I'm not denying that Cersei hates the Tyrells, but I'm thinking they'll rather do some scheming to use or exploit them than just eradicate them. They have the second largest army around and with the Iron Islands and the North currently not exactly being BFFs with the Lannisters, I'd hang on to that.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Are the Knights of the vale Switzerland or what? Never really fully understood their position etc

Is it just hard for someone to conquer them? I know they're supposedly badass dudes right?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Are the Knights of the vale Switzerland or what? Never really fully understood their position etc

Kind of. The Vale is drat near impossible to assault because of geography, place is just chock full of choke points. The soldiers aren't anything special, but because everyone thats fought them have had to fight them on the Vale's terms, they've got a pretty impressive K:D

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I doubt the Lannisters are going to do anything too stupid to the Tyrells as High Garden is pretty much feeding the entire city right now.

Looking forward to Cersei going to see her daughter with The Mountain, and him obliterating everything in his path

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Is it just hard for someone to conquer them? I know they're supposedly badass dudes right?

The road into The Eyrie is 2 abreast lined with cliffs. Its basically a death trap.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

go3 posted:

The road into the Vale is 2 abreast lined with cliffs. Its basically a death trap.

Yeah, we're gonna get a fuckin killer 300-esque moment at some point

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

People should just do as the Romans did. Build a gigantic mound up to it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masada

(Just wanted an excuse to post this cool history)

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Handsome Ralph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Just start looping that for his episodes I guess.

lol

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Mr. Nice! posted:

Baelish is acting lord of the vale in Robin's name as decreed by the crown. It's just easier to do things when it comes from the "lord" of the vale instead.

yeah fair enough. fuckin Baelish. I wanna see a Varys vs Baelish deathmatch.

Dead Reckoning posted:

She's still kinda miffed about the whole "using dark sorcery to assassinate the first lord to take her seriously" bit. I'd also note that she is apparently saving telling Davos that Mel told Stannis to burn monsterface for a special occasion.

oh yeah, she did hold back on that. saving that one up for a rainy day. "your princess? lol, the red woman told her dad to burn her, so he did"

when is Davos gonna work for someone who isn't a piece of poo poo? Jon/Davos 2016, Davos being Jon's hand of the king

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
gently caress the haters. Baelish owns and I'm really stoked to see where his storyline is going on both the show and the books.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Dude McAwesome posted:

yeah fair enough. fuckin Baelish. I wanna see a Varys vs Baelish deathmatch.

oh yeah, she did hold back on that. saving that one up for a rainy day. "your princess? lol, the red woman told her dad to burn her, so he did"

when is Davos gonna work for someone who isn't a piece of poo poo? Jon/Davos 2016, Davos being Jon's hand of the king

Based on the trailer, I'm still putting my money on that exact thing, with the wildlings rallying behind Jon and Sansa somehow getting other northmen like the Umbers into the picture.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Man.. That episode when Jon rolls into Winterfell with the wildlings and starts gutting dudes then turning them into window curtains at Sansa's order is going to be loving amazing.

And Tyrion is hosed. Not because of Dany, but that red priestess who will convince him to do something REAL DUMB. See a woman in a red dress.. Yea.. Don't trust them. Jesus. Its the same as reality. Nothing good comes from listening to a woman in a red dress. How many times do you have to see that poo poo go sideways before you figure that out?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So what do the books say about Valyria? Is it some ancient lost Utopian city that is now a dragonscale leper colony?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

So what do the books say about Valyria? Is it some ancient lost Utopian city that is now a dragonscale leper colony?

It was a pretty High-Fantasy place, then some unspecified poo poo went down (possibly a meteor strike or volcanic event) and the Targ's were the only ones who made it out, because they are immune to fire and flew away on dragons. No it's just a "cursed land" and no one knows or cares why

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Warlords who dominated the area by breeding dragons and using them as weapons of war. Some sort of vaguely defined "Doom" happened and the only survivors were Dany's relatives who flew out on dragonback to conquer Westeros.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Wonder if it'll just be left at that and Tyrion's little visit or if they'll expand on it more or go back

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Its the only place in the world you can find Valyrian weapons if you are insane enough to try

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
Are any of the swords making up the iron throne valyrian steel?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I don't think so, it was made from the swords taken from the conquered kings, after all. They may well not have had any valyrian steel before the Targaryen invaded and brought what they had with them.

Or maybe before the doom they were a big exporter of supersteel swords, I dunno.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
Family valyrian steel swords like Ice go back millennia though, Aegon only came and took over Westeros ~300 years prior. I think the swords were available and valuable before the Doom, but only became irreplaceable afterwards.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Oh were they? Somehow I was thinking they were handed out by Aegon as favors to those who bent the knee when he came over. But yeah it would be hard to imagine that no valyrian steel was traded around the world for centuries beforehand.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Arrath posted:

Oh were they? Somehow I was thinking they were handed out by Aegon as favors to those who bent the knee when he came over. But yeah it would be hard to imagine that no valyrian steel was traded around the world for centuries beforehand.

There's also dragonsteel that Sam read about as a weapon against the others. It's almost certain that valyrian steel existed before there really was a valyria.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

There's also dragonsteel that Sam read about as a weapon against the others. It's almost certain that valyrian steel existed before there really was a valyria.

Yeah, of course. So back to the original question, I doubt they'd melt any valyrian swords into the iron throne cause that poo poo is money, yo. Also even more rare after the doom and all.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Arrath posted:

Yeah, of course. So back to the original question, I doubt they'd melt any valyrian swords into the iron throne cause that poo poo is money, yo. Also even more rare after the doom and all.

Also I'm p.sure its unmeltable/forgable without spells or whatever

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

It can't be, then Tywin wouldn't have been able to reforge Ice into swords for Jamie and Joffery. There are mentions of a very few smiths knowledgeable enough to work valyrian steel still, just not make it.

Unless they're warlocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

They are specifically mentioned as using magic iirc.

• Locked thread