Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Chris Brown and Eminem should have to go through the same, transparent, immigration processes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Recoome posted:

Yes but when does this really even happen?

I mean literally MPs and prominent public figures have this absolutely awful views and no-one bats an eyelid, but better start kicking out all the bad brownskins they are so degenerate. I'm not excusing the bad opinions/whatever it's just ironic how this comes out now, after there's been a mass shooting against LGBTIQ+ in the US by someone who happens to be Muslim.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/us-antivaccination-campaigner-dr-sherri-tenpenny-cancels-tour-of-australia-20150128-130qa4.html

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/hillsong-church-cancels-pastor-mark-driscolls-australian-visit-after-backlash-20150607-ghijl9.html

Not the government but there is a consistent theme to "gently caress off" when it comes to people like this.

Government ones tend to involve misogynists

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2014/nov/07/protesters-force-us-pick-up-artist-julien-blanc-to-quit-australian-tour

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...201-gmj70h.html

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

open24hours posted:

Chris Brown and Eminem should have to go through the same, transparent, immigration processes?

We shouldn't be kicking out or barring entry to anyone. Nationalism is a poison.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

asio posted:

We shouldn't be kicking out or barring entry to anyone. Nationalism is a poison.

I basically agree with this, with the proviso that you make the repercussions for hate speech the same for everyone and then enforce them.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

The two cases of a demographic so undefendable that the government felt forced to take action.

The first two examples are ??? because really the government had nothing to do about it.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

chyaroh posted:

The govt could spend 1% less on defence and have plenty of cash. And if keeping ordinary people alive isn't a big enough benefit for you, then I suggest you apply for the one way Mars mission.

Theres people in treasury who're trying to do just that. I hear there are some upset defence people scowling that they've been told "no" for the first time in their careers.

Anidav posted:

I like how friendlyjordies recent videos have just devolved into him yelling at the camera.

Sarcasm and talking nicely hasn't worked so far, nor has plainly stating the facts, and then stating the facts and telling people things are going bad.
We're in a post-fact society now. And for all his labor ties, he is right in saying "one of these two will form government". Heres hoping that Labor does it and is balanced by a diverse senate.

open24hours posted:

I don't think being in favour of an immigration department that isn't run on an ad-hoc basis counts as moral relativism.

word on the ground here is that once Dutton got in, *checks shoulder* those with a stance against his have gradually (speedily) moved to other departments and the holes have naturally filled with broken members of Border Force and bootlickers.

gay picnic defence posted:

Too bad they can't kick all the fundie christians into to sea as well
Agreed.
I'm more worried about who the most vocal anti-islamists will target next. This vocal avalanche of intolerant turds shout you down as some jihadi sympathiser the moment you say "well, isnt putting every muslim in a camp untargeted and extreme?" when in actuality I look down upon all religious people as quaintly silly following a meme of a bronze age era.

Seagull posted:

i'm glad you've finally realised that torturing refugees is bad

how much of labors policy falling in line with the liberals is courting the racist bigot vote rather than based on firm intelligence?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Has the ALP released its list of preferences yet?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Frogmanv2 posted:

Has the ALP released its list of preferences yet?

*checks notes*

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
One of them will form government,

But use your preferences wisely to tell one of them not to be total shitlords.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Anidav posted:

One of them will form government,

But use your preferences wisely to tell one of them not to be total shitlords.

As if either wouldn't be anyway.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Kommando posted:

how much of labors policy falling in line with the liberals is courting the racist bigot vote rather than based on firm intelligence?

labor are racist bigots, hope that helps

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Seagull posted:

that's why they're popular

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

drat, I've been diving into alt right facebook pages for fun and one of them photoshopped ken :negative:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Seagull posted:

They just returned to their traditional roots.

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010

Seagull posted:

Billy Shorten glances down at his debate notes, which are entirely blank save for 14 words.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Meat Miracle posted:

Billy Shorten glances down at his debate notes, which are entirely blank save for 14 words.

"as we have no real racial problem, we are not desirous of importing one"

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Ta. Bummed to find out my Greens candidate copped second-last in the voting line-up, especially since I'm in one of the few seats which may be up for grabs for them (Mel Ports).

Also one of my enjoyable pre-election activities is to google the names of independent candidates and see if they're reasonable, thoughtful people, or complete fruitloops. This year I have one local NIMBY activist and an old creep who lost his medical license for sexually assaulting a patient.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

On the plus side it looks like the Greens have placed higher on the ballot than Labor in Batman, Wills and Grayndler.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

quote:

The surviving son of a former Australian family who were axed to death in South Africa has handed himself into police in South Africa.

South Africa media is reporting Henri van Breda, 21, arrived at the Stellenbosch Police station with his attorney on Monday in connection with the attack on his family.

Martin van Breda ‚ 54‚ his wife Teresa‚ 55‚ and their elder son‚ Rudi‚ 22‚ were found axed to death in their home on the De Zalze Golf Estate on 27 January 2015.

No arrests have been made over the killings.

At the time, Henri told police told he was attacked last and was knocked unconscious, next to his mother and sister Marli, 17, who also survived the attack.

At the time of the attack, doctors said Henri's wounds – a bruise to the head and scratches – were self-inflicted and he waited up to four hours before calling emergency services after his family was slain.

He had enlisted high-profile South African defence lawyer Pieter Botha, who famously defended British millionaire Shrien Dewani - who was accused of killing his wife Anne during their honeymoon in South Africa in 2010. The charges were dismissed in 2014.

A triple-0 call Henri made after the attack appears to have him snigger when telling the operator members of his family were "bleeding from the head".

Forgot about this story but... yeah

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Comic title: nice state you've got there; it'd be a shame if anyone... SMASHED IT

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Prime Minster made 7 million dollars from results of bribes.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Jordies is deep in the kool aid and extremely angry in this comments section.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Facebook is just filled with stupid

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

You're right he does yell a bit in the latest video though sheesh jordies take a breath

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

He's slowly transforming into a young Labor shill who will yell at all the mock parliaments.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/jun/14/who-should-you-vote-for-on-2-july-take-the-australian-election-policy-quiz

Oops read the comments:

ExSquadie posted:

Done the test, It say's I'm a Greenie, ? WRONG. I am 80, never voted for other than labor in my whole life. Greens - dreamers. with good intentions.
Libs, Thieves, Liars, Q. Why, after the biggest, longest boom in Australia's history, Is the country now skint ? because over 800 company's and very rich individuals pay no tax whatsoever.?
Labor, with union support have got every pay increase ordinary Australians have ever received they have also ensured safe work places, so ordinary decent people, don't get killed, blinded, crippled in mines, workplaces,and on construction sites. Who pays $20 k to have a dinner with the P.M. ? Lib supporters, ? What do they get in return ???????????????????????????????

quote:

mmmmmmmmmm just done the quizz and sjit guess what ? I'm a greenie ... Bullshit , a vote for the greens is a vote for the libs ....

quote:

It says I should vote Greens but I hate those lying bastards ... plus they want to let a shitload of refugees in ... over my dead body.

So I vote Labor ... cmon Albo !!

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
i'm not reading that, please don't post massive facebook screeds

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Anidav posted:

drat, I've been diving into alt right facebook pages for fun and one of them photoshopped ken :negative:

????

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Doctor Spaceman posted:

And most gun deaths aren't the result of terrorism, but that kind of thinking isn't going to Make America Great Again.

Most are suicides. While messed up telling someone who has not been diagnosed with depression "you can't have this because you might kill yourself" is disgustingly nanny-state. Most gun homicides are with pistols but the media always blames the "AR-15 assault rifle" (when assault rifles haven't been used in spree shootings in decades).

Again the problem is there are so many guns out there, and enough owners opposed to confiscation, that bans will never reduce the number of guns on US streets to a level that justifies the enforcment costs. Spending that money on fixing their messed-up healthcare system would have better results.

Skellybones posted:

LibertyCat I think you missed this earlier, regarding your claim that this was the worst massacre in US history

Hope this helps

I ignored it because it's a retarded comparison as you well know.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
How is a vote for the greens a vote for the libs when you don't use fptp?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

LibertyCat posted:

Most are suicides. While messed up telling someone who has not been diagnosed with depression "you can't have this because you might kill yourself" is disgustingly nanny-state. Most gun homicides are with pistols but the media always blames the "AR-15 assault rifle" (when assault rifles haven't been used in spree shootings in decades).

Again the problem is there are so many guns out there, and enough owners opposed to confiscation, that bans will never reduce the number of guns on US streets to a level that justifies the enforcment costs. Spending that money on fixing their messed-up healthcare system would have better results.

Preventing suicidal people from obtaining the means to easily kill themselves: "disgustingly nanny-state"

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

EXAKT Science posted:

How is a vote for the greens a vote for the libs when you don't use fptp?

Congrats! You are more engaged in our election procedures than the general population.

In fairness, I took that test and was annoyed that I got a bar graph with no extrapolation of which particular policies I agreed/disagreed with. It may as well have spat out which Friends character I was, except people usually actually know what the characterisations of the Friends were.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Reminder - Don't read the comments

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

tithin posted:

Reminder - Don't read auspol

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

That was implied, yes.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

I love that the response to "your interests best align with: THIS PARTY" is "I've voted for OTHER PARTY forever, and will until I die."

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

You can't tell me what to do

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

You can't tell me what to do

:dance:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

jordies does have it right when he says one will form government

barring an astonishing circumstance the greens will not form government, and those Guardian comments demonstrate why, so as poo poo as Labor is, they are not the Liberals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

LibertyCat posted:

What? Black or Native people don't count? It doesn't count if it's done by a government?

There was the Mountain Meadow Massacre, that was well over 100 white people killed by Mormons (do they count as Christian?) and some Paiute. Not sure if that was actually US soil though, Utah was in a funny place at the time.

• Locked thread