Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

IMO it's got moments to the end. There are some boring early S2 ones so i understand. The movies and then the switch to comedy central bring a totally different feel/tone to the show, but I still liked it all the way to the end, and the last episode is a fitting finale.

But for what made season 1 good, all through season 4 is basically gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Remember when famil guys was canceled? Dark times

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

good post

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

hemophilia posted:

IMO it's got moments to the end. There are some boring early S2 ones so i understand. The movies and then the switch to comedy central bring a totally different feel/tone to the show, but I still liked it all the way to the end, and the last episode is a fitting finale.

But for what made season 1 good, all through season 4 is basically gold.

They could have ended it on the last one of Season 4 and it would have been perfect. But like you said, post 4 is hit or miss, different feel to the show, but still enjoyable.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

insanely good

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Lol i love those wacky jump cuts that entail what was just talked about!!! Lol!!!

Oh boy, talk about a chucklefest!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I like how some episodes were like Wacky Deli from Rocko, trying to sabotage the show with blatant time wasting gently caress you gags...and doesn't work!

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

references count as jokes GUYS

remember the time that a thing that was popular seems dated and weirdly out of touch with reality!?

it's comedy GOLD people

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I don't care if it's lazy or if it's just references and cutaways, it's still pretty funny. I mean, its not great, but I laugh at it more than I laugh at Futurama.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

darth_pizza posted:

This same criticism can be leveled at Community.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Family guy is pretty okay as background noise while you do other things but not really good enough to just turn on and watch for the sake of it.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

ArbitraryC posted:

Family guy is pretty okay as background noise while you do other things but not really good enough to just turn on and watch for the sake of it.

Everyone talks about American Dad being better, and it has some improvements but it has it's own problems (Roger, Roger, Roger). Especially in the later seasons.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i hate francine and steve and i like roger.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Wicker Man posted:

Everyone talks about American Dad being better, and it has some improvements but it has it's own problems (Roger, Roger, Roger). Especially in the later seasons.

I think most sitcoms animated or not are fine for background noise tbh, most of the jokes really aren't that visually focused and since you're doing other stuff anyways it's okay if the whole ep isn't a masterpiece. I know some goons get really upset about people enjoying things that aren't exactly highbrow but I think you'd be really hardpressed to find a longrunning series that didn't have a joke or two an episode that was worth a chuckle.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Steve's character makes no sense, and Francine is pretty bland when she isn't showing off that she used to be crazy outgoing with partying. Even that feels stale.

Roger is odd because he can definitely be funny sometimes, even though his personality is made up of stuff that annoys me. But Roger feels like the very embodiment of shortcuts and lazy writing. He goes from being an alien to a magical elf that can literally do anything if the plot demands it, which is often. And whatever it is that he does never comes back up again in any shape or form. Need a brand new character to introduce a problem or a possible solution? Have Roger throw on a new disguise and use a slight accent. Boom, another episode ready to be popped in the oven. It's fine from time to time, but it feels like more than half the episodes now bank on this.

I may be getting a little "Magic xylophone"ish with this rant, but it's frustrating to see them do that when these are things that could be avoided.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
doesn't everyone hate family guy now? isn't this like picking on a cripple?

when will it become cool to like family guy ironically?

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

A misanthrope posted:

doesn't everyone hate family guy now? isn't this like picking on a cripple?

when will it become cool to like family guy ironically?

but family guy already picks on Joe, who is disabled.

it's like the """irony free zone"""

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

lol you know that one idiot dude who loves family guy and has fight club, boondock saints and matrix posters on his wall?

of course you know that dipshit. he was you in college

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

I heard he was banging luna lovegood.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

A misanthrope posted:

lol you know that one idiot dude who loves family guy and has fight club, boondock saints and matrix posters on his wall?

of course you know that dipshit. he was you in college

Hey man, long time no see. wanna fight?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Jukeboxblues posted:

Hey man, long time no see. wanna fight?

hey buddy! I ALWAYS WANT TO FIGHT

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

A misanthrope posted:

hey buddy! I ALWAYS WANT TO FIGHT

Hell yeah! This FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY,prepare for the showdown that wil SHAKE THE STADIUM!!!!!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

hth posted:

this is what passes for humor now.

please remember to quote this the next time bradzilla bitches about gbs

It was a Family Guy quote you loving retard

Bob Farley
May 23, 2012
i remember that original short that just had the talking dog character. that probably would've been a better show

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

bradzilla posted:

It was a Family Guy quote you loving retard

you quoted the show! that's hilarious!! do you have any other good ones to share??

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

guys let's all kill ourselves. i'm not being random and whacky like the family guy i am dead serious.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i like family guy

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

whoa coming out against family guy in 2016 watch out op that kind of wildly contrarian opinion will get you a bad rep around here I'll tell you

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

satanic splash-back posted:

you quoted the show! that's hilarious!! do you have any other good ones to share??

cuck

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I like the one that is both a rapist and the audience surrogate

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

darth_pizza posted:

remember the time that a thing that was popular seems dated and weirdly out of touch with reality!?

it's comedy GOLD people

Wow it's like the time someone posted about some other old TV show in GBS. *jump cut to person posting about an old show in GBS* "It was a good show." :thejoke:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The old pervert man try to have sex with the son! How they get away with that?!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Here's the one weird trick to enjoying Family Guy: get stoned.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Gaunab posted:

The old pervert man try to have sex with the son! How they get away with that?!

The dog who's supposed to be some upper middle aged loser keeps nailing hot college girls, too.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
I was going to come into this thread to make sure everyone knew I would never watch Family Guy as it is not a funny television show and to tell everyone that I only watched refined television shows and cartoons like the hilarious Rick and Morty. Rick burps and drinks, and he says 'wubbalubbadubdub!' which is great, just great. Also have you seen the Gazorpazorpfield bit? And Ants in my eyes Johnson?! LOL! All my fives, all my fives indeed.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
liking/having an opinion about media is gay and you're all gay suck my drat balls

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

I... I think I love you, Drad_Bert!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Stewie: gently caress my tight gay baby rear end in a top hat
Dog: Thanks to conservatives pushing antiquated religious dogma I don't have the right to do that vote Bernie Sanders

• Locked thread