Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

VendaGoat posted:

I drive really slow, in the ultra-fast lane, While people behind me are going insane. I'm an asshoooooooooooooooooooole!

I pull into the lane next to you and match speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
When the person following me for 3 Minutes gets fed up and goes around to pass, I get choked up and turn on slipknot at full blast while crying silently.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

I pull into the lane next to you and match speed.

Good let's block ALL the traffic!

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Never seen this before. This video is amazing.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Every car should be required to come with cruise control, and it should be a federal law that you must be in cruise mode when in the left lane and your speed must be set to 15 mph above the speed limit.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

The Bananana posted:

Idk, I like to use it if the rain starts to fall very hard and I start to be at risk of hydroplaning if I don't significantly reduce my speed. :shrug:

how do blinking lights stop you from hydroplaning?

slow down idiot

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

reallivedinosaur posted:

how do blinking lights stop you from hydroplaning?

slow down idiot

:chloe:

The lights aren't to prevent me from hydroplaning, idiot.

theyre to increase my visibility to drivers behind me who may still be travelling too fast, and might not otherwise have seen me in the heavy rain, which has reduced visibility.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

The Bananana posted:

:chloe:

The lights aren't to prevent me from hydroplaning, idiot.

theyre to increase my visibility to drivers behind me who may still be travelling too fast, and might not otherwise have seen me in the heavy rain, which has reduced visibility.

thats not what blinking lights are for, the people behind you will think you are parked and slam on their brakes

learn to drive

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

reallivedinosaur posted:

thats not what blinking lights are for, the people behind you will think you are parked and slam on their brakes

learn to drive

so either people think they've somehow teleported from a freeway to a parking lot, OR mayyybeee just maybe they'll understand the flashing lights are meant as a warning, and drive accordingly. idk. you're right. people are stupid, and neither you or I should be allowed to operate motor vehicles. you fuckman.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I've received two reckless driving tickets for speeding, so now I drive the speed limit and stay in the right lane mostly. I also stay chill, even when dudes tailgate me for not going fast enough in the slow lane.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

I've received two reckless driving tickets for speeding, so now I drive the speed limit and stay in the right lane mostly. I also stay chill, even when dudes tailgate me for not going fast enough in the slow lane.

send me their lic plate numbers, and I'll see to it theyre... taking care of. Texas Justice Style.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Isaac posted:

I drive everywhere with hazards on so i am covered for turning in all directions

I swear to god I see morons doing this in gridlock traffic on a daily basis

The only thing dumber is driving with no lights on, particularly if you're just creeping along way below the speed limit and then suddenly diving into traffic

It's like getting ambushed by a parked car

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
i've been stuck behind people that didn't have working taillights 4 times this week. It's scary and you can't even honk at them because they have no clue what you're honking at

i've thought about saving the local non emergency police line but i don't want to get executed for using a cellphone while drivin

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I downshift as often as possible to lose speed as much as possible without my brake lights going on praying to get rear ended and hopefully end my miserable existence somehow

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Someone should invent a way to like, beam a voice into the car in front of you so you they can hear me yelling at them when they are driving with no running lights in a torrential downpour at night

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
its like passive suicidalism or something idk i just made that up

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

its like passive suicidalism or something idk i just made that up

just point a cell phone at a cop, buddy

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Before I started being a chill driver, I would use my emergency brake to slow down without flashing my brake lights just to gently caress with people behind me.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

The Bananana posted:

just point a cell phone at a cop, buddy

i'm white :shrug:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

point two cellphones, one in each hand, held sideways.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

The Bananana posted:

point two cellphones, one in each hand, held sideways.

two cell phones what do you think I am, rich?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

my favorite thing is when people weave between lanes and try to pass on the right and get stuck in the right lane with a car in front of them and a car in the lane next to them so they can't even hit the speed limit

also a huge pet peeve is when people use the shoulder to pass traffic in a jam, especially if they do the whole "my right turn signal is on, I'm totally getting off the highway...in a mile and a half :downs:" thankfully cops around here have started posting up on the shoulder and nailing 3-4 cars at a time :laugh:

I get pretty road-ragey though, I've come pretty close to throwing my half-full coffee cup/plastic soda bottle out my window so it hits the guy tailgating me's windshield., and I used to brake-check and wiper-fluid-check people way too often, but that kind of thing seems like a good way to end up with a vehicular manslaughter charge so I cut it out

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I had someone tailgate me when we had snow/ice covered roads. I live in the south where it's hilly and twisty and no one knows how to drive.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

I single blink my hazards to say "thank you" to the person behind me.
Is this not common?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

William Stoner posted:

I single blink my hazards to say "thank you" to the person behind me.
Is this not common?

I do this as well.

Truckers seem to especially appreciate it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

When are you thanking the person behind you? Like if they let you into their lane? I should start doing that, people around here are such assholes that I'm always appreciative when someone lets me onto the highway instead of speeding up to 70 in a 55 in the right lane so I have to wait for them to go by. gently caress trucks forever though. Hm, yes, let me move to the passing lane on a 2-lane road to get in front of this other tractor-trailer, but first let me drive the exact same speed as the truck I'm trying to pass for 15 minutes.

Also if it takes you more than 5 seconds to figure out that flashing my high beams means "go ahead" I'm loving going

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
People who drive Nissans are assholes. There I said it. :colbert:

gently caress Ya'll!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

People who drive Nissans are assholes. There I said it. :colbert:

gently caress Ya'll!

:agreed:

also Maserati has replaced BMW as the nouveau riche douchebag status symbol of choice apparently

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i love it when i'm feeling polite or unsure or whatever and I wave for someone to go first and then they wave back for me to go first instead and then I have to shift into gear and check my left and right and by then sometimes they start to go instead because I didn't immediately just peel out

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

drunk asian neighbor posted:

:agreed:

also Maserati has replaced BMW as the nouveau riche douchebag status symbol of choice apparently

I don't thin k we should listen to this guy about driving, yall. I'm just sayin. you know

cause of the Asian thing.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Driving safely and sensibly is very easy

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Isaac posted:

Driving safely and sensibly is very easy

its really pretty easy if you don't wait until the last possible moment to leave for your destination.

I seriously have nothing better to do and I just drive around and watch people drive crazy just for something to do sometimes.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I seriously have nothing better to do and I just drive around and watch people drive crazy just for something to do sometimes.

-A Nascar Fan

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

The Bananana posted:

-A Nascar Fan

nah just really loving bored, lonely and mental

a goon, if you will

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
:lol:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I've slowed down to 25-30 and put my hazards on on the interstate many times. Everyone else was doing it so why not. If a cop wants to pull me over while we're driving through a hurricane/tropical storm where I can barely see 5 feet in front of me, fine.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I like to pick my nose and dig out all the snot and boogers and store them under my desk or on the side of my bed. In-fact just as I opened this thread I was exploring lucrative gold mining opportunities. I might be getting some on my laptop TBQH.

This is the anonymous confessions thread, correct? :shrug:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Murphy Brownback posted:

I've slowed down to 25-30 and put my hazards on on the interstate many times. Everyone else was doing it so why not. If a cop wants to pull me over while we're driving through a hurricane/tropical storm where I can barely see 5 feet in front of me, fine.

yeah I think that's an extenuating circumstance

Always wondered why I so often see trucks put their hazards on but continue doing 70+ tho

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The only reason you will ever deal with cops is by driving wrong. Driving properly keeps you out of trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Isaac posted:

The only reason you will ever deal with cops is by driving wrong. Driving properly keeps you out of trouble.

if you're white yeah

• Locked thread