Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Dugong posted:

I just watched episode 9 of Heroes V Villains and dear lord JT is dumb. Yes, giving your immunity idol to the other tribe is a bad idea.

I still think that Tyson managed to be even dumber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Everyone knows Tyson was paid off by the producers. :freep:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Teckiwi posted:

It seems like a terrible idea bringing Hannah into the loop at the last minute at TC, basically telling her shes at the bottom of that group of 3 and the combined group of six. While shes left with no choice but to vote that way this time she could be open to flip later as a result.

Michelle, reasonably, didn't trust Michaela. Without Michaela's vote, it could've been a 5-5 vote, and Will might've blinked. Michelle had to be sure that the vote would go their way. It's also possible she hadn't had the chance to talk to Hannah alone before Tribal Council.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Red_Museum posted:

Candice with the smiley face, Rupert with the Argh!

incomplete privacy

That's the part that gets me most, out of the entire dumpster fire that even created the situation.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

What is the story with the note?

Also, Marie's voice was very, very annoying. She had a "radio voice", I assume from doing her videos, and it was nails on a chalkboard for me. Her leaving was a pleasant surprise, since the editors weren't really offering anyone else who could go home.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Professor Shark posted:

What is the story with the note?

Also, Marie's voice was very, very annoying. She had a "radio voice", I assume from doing her videos, and it was nails on a chalkboard for me. Her leaving was a pleasant surprise, since the editors weren't really offering anyone else who could go home.

In season 20, Heroes and Villains (an all-stars season), Russell Hantz was the X-factor from the prior season who nobody knew anything about.

There was never a tribe swap, so the way the votes went down, the Heroes tribe (led by Rupert and his build-the-shelter-below-sea-level wisdom) loudly surmised that there was a fictional women's alliance picking off all the men over on Villains, and poor little Russell was up next (which was incredibly funny to anybody who'd just seen how he decimated season 19, and I say this as a heavy detractor).

JT had found the hidden idol. The Heroes thought that their best chance post-merge would be to save Russell on the other side and win his gratitude. So, with Amanda's luxury item of pen and paper, JT scrawled that awful, hideous letter, wrapped it around his hidden immunity idol, and passed it off to Russell during a challenge.

Afterwards, Russell showed it to Parvati. She gave the note-of-questionable-penmanship a dramatic reading, and the peasants rejoiced.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
For reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_pxPqtX4po

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The idea of a cross-faction alliance wasn't a dumb one, it was just horribly executed, and using an idol for it is even worse. Should have just saved it for the merge, where Parvati would have had a 50-50 shot of whiffing on their intended target on the first vote.

The only other times I can think of where people made a move to save someone on the other tribe was in All-Stars (where saving Amber blew up in Lex's face) and Cambodia (where Kelly just got eliminated right at the merge anyway). So I guess Rob C's the only person who can do it.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Oct 3, 2016

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Ahaha I remembered that amazing letter but forgot he gave him an idol with it. Good lord

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Still not as funny as Erik or Jason in Micronesia :colbert:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Rarity posted:

Or James being blindsided with two idols in China. and at the final words things during the credits, he's sighing and holds up an immunity idol in each hand. :allears:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rarity posted:

Erik in Micronesia wasn't funny. It was sad. The only funny thing about it was the editors showing literally everybody else voting for him and speaking their piece.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Nah, ice cream boy's failure to understand his situation and take the word of four women who absolutely wanted him out of the game at face value was loving hilarious.

"I'm gonna give individual immunity to Natalie" will live on in infamy.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Propaganda Machine posted:

To be fair, Mari was the only one of them who seemed very intelligent.

Haha yeah sure... "I'm a GAMER :smug: I play GAMES for a living because I'm a GAMER :smug: I compare everything I see to videogames because that makes other GAMERS :smug: think I'm intelligent. Salty..."

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The whole "puppies and butts!" line felt like it was designed in a lab to get upvotes on reddit. Instead of saying things that'll make the audience like her she should've maybe looked into all that whispering stuff

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Bolivar posted:

Haha yeah sure... "I'm a GAMER :smug: I play GAMES for a living because I'm a GAMER :smug: I compare everything I see to videogames because that makes other GAMERS :smug: think I'm intelligent. Salty..."

She was probably set-up by producers in confessionals, tbh. "So, how does your experience as a gamer relate to X"

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Whatever, she was terrible. Not as a gamer, just as a talking head.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Previously on...

Survivor!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

As blue as the shirt on Jeff's back.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Michelle gets the credit in the Previously On.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Hannah. Take a hint.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Hahahahahaha loving Hannah omg

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
this is an extraordinarily millenials discussion

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

HE DOESNT WANT TO TALK RIGHT NOW

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Lmao just go away. Holy poo poo Hannah.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Oh my god Hannah. :lol:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Adam seems really cool. I'm sad he's on the outs.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Brock Samson posted:

HE DOESNT WANT TO TALK RIGHT NOW

I know but I just want to say!

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Okay but... meditate on this:

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

"I wish I knew what I could say to you :qq:"

"I want you to say nothing, actually"

"I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT I CAN SAY :qq:"

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Hmm, guess an idol's in that spray painted shell.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm so glad none of my alliance will be able to stay and monitor camp for people plotting against us!!

Although they do have the chance to plot freely with GenX. Not sure you could actually accomplish anything though

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

blue squares posted:

I'm so glad none of my alliance will be able to stay and monitor camp for people plotting against us!!

Although they do have the chance to plot freely with GenX. Not sure you could actually accomplish anything though

Michelle is back there and she seems like the brains of that group.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

And this is exactly why everyone said they should've booted David first instead of Rachel

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Paul is getting a real winner's edit here

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
"Being this attractive hurts me."

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

God I hate this Survivor Kappa Kappa clique. Can't wait to see the rug get yanked out from under them.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Please break up this majority alliance. Jay and Michelle can stay I suppose

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Michaela I thought you were smarter than this.

"Oh I'm number 6 on the majority alliance. That's fine!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Halfway through the ep and we haven't even had a full page ITT. Where is everyone?

• Locked thread