Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
This is America, rich people aren't held accountable for anything no matter how badly they gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

sk posted:

what if dixie tried to prove she's financially responsible by saving money on a lawyer and representing herself in court

"Cross the line, you fuckman."

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Endless Mike posted:

I hope we get Dixie Carter on the stand trying to explain the difference between Dixie Carter the real person and Dixie Carter the character. And failing completely.

"Dixie Carter the character and Dixie Carter the real person both run a successful wrestling company."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

:golfclap:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

RZApublican posted:

"Dixie Carter the character and Dixie Carter the real person both run a successful wrestling company."

No, Dixie, perjury is a serious crime :ohdear:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
If only Dixie did not cc the federal government when she was emailing her lawyers

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Gavok posted:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

mearn posted:

Not for anything we currently know about but it's TNA so we'll probably find out next week that she was managing to launder money without having any.
Just died at that.

Meanwhile, new scoops: http://www.sescoops.com/update-on-american-express-non-payment-lawsuit-and-other-tna-debts/

More money owed and things that happen when you owe money. Plus something that indicates that TNA may have...err, well, read between the lines.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
It's fun finding out the extent to which TNA's money practices are just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They pay Paul?!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

davidbix posted:

Just died at that.

Meanwhile, new scoops: http://www.sescoops.com/update-on-american-express-non-payment-lawsuit-and-other-tna-debts/

More money owed and things that happen when you owe money. Plus something that indicates that TNA may have...err, well, read between the lines.

TNA is now in debt to the court itself is my takeaway

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

Maybe not prison, but if she is found culpable in multiple frauds/non payments/contract issues, can she be legally restricted from being CEO of a corporation, or involved in the boardroom of a business or something along those lines?

I don't know how financial law works.

And her family's master plan is suddenly revealed!

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Gavok posted:

:five:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Grozz Nuy posted:

This is America, rich people aren't held accountable for anything no matter how badly they gently caress up

Yeah, she's going to walk away from this with her personal wealth intact almost for sure.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Gavok posted:

jesus christ

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tna isn't even good at dodging creditors get a p.o. box you idiots

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

exploding mummy posted:

TNA is now in debt to the court itself is my takeaway
That was said explicitly. :)

oatgan posted:

tna isn't even good at dodging creditors get a p.o. box you idiots
hmm.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i'm above board

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
entities who TNA owes money to:

Bischoff
A01 Productions
Aroluxe
The Tennessee Department of Revenue
At least one court of Tennessee
Fight Network
American Express
The entire roster and then some

people who Dixie Carter owes money to:
Billy Corgan

am I missing any one

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Rob Byder

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

exploding mummy posted:

Bischoff
A01 Productions
Aroluxe
Fight Network
American Express

Billy Corgan

am I missing any one

i've seen a handful of wrestlers mention that tna still owes them for a date and while i dont know how serious they are its very believable

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

i've seen a handful of wrestlers mention that tna still owes them for a date and while i dont know how serious they are its very believable

that would be the "then some" listing, I really don't want an itemized list of every single wrestle TNA screwed over

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan posted:

i'm above board

me too friend, me too :wink:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahaha some loving retard used their personal credit card on travel costs to help TNA.

I hope it was Lagana

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hahahaha some loving retard used their personal credit card on travel costs to help TNA.

I hope it was Lagana

rovert posted:

Rob Byder

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

cant believe he paid bram out of his own pocket

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

oatgan posted:

cant believe he paid bram out of his own pocket

so are Ryder and Bram sleeping together? Thats the only thing i can think of as to why TNA is so fond of him.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I hope Jeremy Borash lands on his feet and can get the facial expansion surgery he desperately needs before his face shrinks like the guy from the PS TRIPLE image macro

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

exploding mummy posted:

Bischoff
A01 Productions
Aroluxe
Fight Network
American Express

Billy Corgan

am I missing any one

This is a little bit weird to me.

Why would Billy Corgan write a check payable to Dixie, instead of payable to TNA inc.? Especially if it was to pay for a TNA PPV.

Corgan proving to be as dumb/inexplicable as Dixie.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Why would Billy Corgan write a check payable to Dixie, instead of payable to TNA inc.? Especially if it was to pay for a TNA PPV.

Guessing it's because Dixie wanted to say she paid for whatever it was TNA needed at the time out of her own pocket, like a good mom.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Because Dixie is personally liable to Billy and thus his claim will survive a bankruptcy?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Also, something that we haven't really explored and hopefully we'll learn Thursday:

Based on the timing, it's very obvious that he filed the the debt with the TN Secretary of State last Tuesday to get it on record before he filed the lawsuit. But why? And why hadn't he done this months ago?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

exploding mummy posted:

that would be the "then some" listing, I really don't want an itemized list of every single wrestle TNA screwed over

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Total_Nonstop_Action_Wrestling_alumni

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

exploding mummy posted:

Bischoff
A01 Productions
Aroluxe
Fight Network
American Express

Billy Corgan

am I missing any one
Navarre Corporation, their old DVD distributor. For over 11 years.

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/788623225534152704

I kind of buried the lead on that one earlier in the day in that bankruptcy article because it seemed almost too weird to be true even though it was on LexisNexis as an outstanding debt. Someone reached out to me later to confirm that yes, TNA still owes them money. It's possible that that Navarre stopped trying to collect, because they went through a merger and then a buyout in the ensuing years.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

TNA was always in debt

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

davidbix posted:

Navarre Corporation, their old DVD distributor. For over 11 years.

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/788623225534152704

I kind of buried the lead on that one earlier in the day in that bankruptcy article because it seemed almost too weird to be true even though it was on LexisNexis as an outstanding debt. Someone reached out to me later to confirm that yes, TNA still owes them money. It's possible that that Navarre stopped trying to collect, because they went through a merger and then a buyout in the ensuing years.

One day I expect to wake up and find that TNA somehow owes me money. I don't know how, but they seem to owe money to everyone else.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

coconono posted:

so are Ryder and Bram sleeping together? Thats the only thing i can think of as to why TNA is so fond of him.

I don't know. How swollen is Ryder's eye?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Like how dumb do you have to be to lend TNA money? Have they ever shown a profitable return on any year? The brand has been toxic basically from the start and it's not like the TV deal is anything worth paying for. I bet there are Indy's that live stream in front of thirty people who make better monetary gains.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Bigass Moth posted:

Like how dumb do you have to be to lend TNA money? Have they ever shown a profitable return on any year? The brand has been toxic basically from the start and it's not like the TV deal is anything worth paying for. I bet there are Indy's that live stream in front of thirty people who make better monetary gains.

Yeah, but on the other hand have you seen how much money everybody made with wrestling 20 years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
What does "TNA's registered agent in Chattanooga" mean? It was in Bix's article discussing the AmEx debt.

As a Chattanooga resident I'm curious as to what I might be able to find.

• Locked thread