Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

EccoRaven posted:

##vote toalpaz there now with proper tags.

during the dancing Gambit, as I'm calling it, Toalpaz:
- said both of us should die
- immediately went "ha ha I was just joking" when called out for it
- their vote on me is the worst of the four. Dancer makes sense, I claimed scum and dancer posting and voting is necessary for the Gambit to work. AA misread the log because dancer is bad at formatting things, and ASF is just a "oh nah screw it" kinda thing, which reads townie to me because scum feel the need to justify their votes more than town. Which makes Toalpaz the worst of the four, and I think they're more likely to be scum.

Gambit finished. I'm very disappointed in dancer posting the log.

To be clear, the case against me is that I said we should kill em as a joke. Then agreed with B-, and asked for an explanation about why the gambit was townie thinking I would look elsewhere. Then once Dancer posted the logs, I decided the put a vote on Ecco because upon reading them I thought what Ecco did was scummy.

So I'm scum for changing my opinions and being swayed by Dancer. Okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

To be clear, the case against me is that I said we should kill em as a joke. Then agreed with B-, and asked for an explanation about why the gambit was townie thinking I would look elsewhere. Then once Dancer posted the logs, I decided the put a vote on Ecco because upon reading them I thought what Ecco did was scummy.

So I'm scum for changing my opinions and being swayed by Dancer. Okay?

Who is scum and why? This defense stuff isn’t going to help you at all.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Instead of defending yourself, be more persuasive on an alternate.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote cpig

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EccoRaven posted:

here is a primer for every character in Buffy.

buffy: the slayer, a mystical warrior chosen by the powers that be to rid the world of vampires and monsters.

Giles: (me) Buffy's older male mentor and guide known as a Watcher

Willow: Buffy's galpal, a witch who later says she's gay in a flagrant act of bi erasure.

Xander: Buffy's guy friend, meek and unpowered but has a good heart, sometimes, more often than not.

Anya: a demon that got turned into a human (well, a human that turned into a demon that later got turned back into a human). almost married Xander.

Oz: Willow's high school rock star boyfriend, played by anthropomorphic mouse Seth Green. he later develops lycanthropy (werewolf)

Cordelia: popular cheerleader, becomes part of the gang reluctantly and later joins Angel on the sister show. briefly dated Xander (their breakup brought Anya to town)

Tara: Willow's college girlfriend, also a witch but not as powerful as Willow.

Angel: a vampire cursed with the return of his soul, it's not clear exactly what that means except he mopes around a lot. Buffy's first love, gets a spinoff show.

Drusilla: a church girl from the 1700s whom Angel drove insane and then turned into a vampire. She has visions.

Spike: a vampire from the 1800s, very good at killing Slayers, is sired (turned into a vampire) by Drusilla, and the three have merry mayhem adventures until Angel leaves to cry a lot.

Dawn: Buffy's fake sister

Joyce: Buffy's real mom, she's a single mother just trying to keep her family safe

Willy: a really minor character, owns a bar, is scum traitor personified.

Harmony: one of Cordelia's bees, becomes a vampire but is really annoying about it

Riley: Buffy's college boyfriend, is a human soldier but is still pretty beefy. He later feels inadequate around buffy and they break up, or something, idk he's so boring. There was an episode once where they couldn't stop loving and that was the plot.

are there more characters, I think this is everyone who matters, and Willy.

Wow talk about buffyia dading
##vote ecco

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

##vote cpig

Why Cpig B-?

Yeah I agree Merk, I'll make some cases. I think that offering a single read on the case itself is a little forgivable though.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
yeah you're right.

##unvote ##vote imgay

we shouldn't let someone who flagrantly won't play the game in the game. my vote will not move until imgay starts playing or someone scum claims or some other nonsense.

lurkers at least might get replaced. content lurkers won't.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I’m personally hesitant against voting for Toal just yet. They’ve been helping provide rebuttals to a lot of my arguments when it probably would be better for scum if my newbie thoughts were just aired without any discussion. In general, I feel like they’ve contributed more to the general conversation than others and while some of their actions can be pssoibly perceived as scummy. I’m not personally ready to pull that trigger. Plus I’m more suspicious of ASF with their quick Vannila townie role call which is harder to disprove and pretty easy to throw out.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

b-minus1 posted:

##vote cpig

lol good job at sucking at mafia.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
my gut says ASF is town for the claim. it's objectively weird and silly but claiming vanilla at -9 benefits town more than it'd benefit scum. scum would have had allies they could trust to turn the vote away, or allies they could talk to for support, and they'd claim something other than vanilla to draw out counter claims.

idk, I'm not feeling it from the claim at least.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

my gut says ASF is town for the claim. it's objectively weird and silly but claiming vanilla at -9 benefits town more than it'd benefit scum. scum would have had allies they could trust to turn the vote away, or allies they could talk to for support, and they'd claim something other than vanilla to draw out counter claims.

idk, I'm not feeling it from the claim at least.

wtf this is my opinion

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

EccoRaven posted:

yeah you're right.

##unvote ##vote imgay

we shouldn't let someone who flagrantly won't play the game in the game. my vote will not move until imgay starts playing or someone scum claims or some other nonsense.

lurkers at least might get replaced. content lurkers won't.

At least he changed his avatar.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
This guy is scum as gently caress

Asphyxious posted:

##vote Willie_dee

Tries hard to bait me out with a no effort post on me, which I successfully and expertly ignored.

Asphyxious posted:

P. Sure you can’t do that hoss

Lies about whether or not you can do something, when the mod has clearly said you can. A trick. Also called me hoss, no need for it, but did anyway, why? Wants to start a fight and rile me up.

Asphyxious posted:

Willie dee leaving his “”””joke””””” vote on imgay

And ultimately, yet more lies and trying to bait me, for I didn't even vote, yet he is trying to set me up as someone who did joke vote and then leave it on. The first lie I could see as an innocent mistake, a dumb mistake maybe, but maybe this chap is dumb, but this one, a blatant attempt at framing me for something I have easily verifiably not done.

Very dishonest, very sad.

And to show im serious.

## Vote Asphyxious

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Toalpaz posted:

Why Cpig B-?

Yeah I agree Merk, I'll make some cases. I think that offering a single read on the case itself is a little forgivable though.
I just wanted to see his reaction haha

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

b-minus1 posted:

I just wanted to see his reaction haha

I hope I didn't disappoint.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

CapitalistPig posted:

I hope I didn't disappoint.

Nope. You dropped a giant truth bomb that crushed my fragile ego :(

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

willie_dee posted:

And to show im serious.

## Vote Asphyxious

I think your disaccositing shitposting with gameposting.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

Nope. You dropped a giant truth bomb that crushed my fragile ego :(

*sweeps up pieces into a man shaped form and hugs it*

sorry you rolled scum bud

##vote bee

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

*sweeps up pieces into a man shaped form and hugs it*

sorry you rolled scum bud

##vote bee

:shuckyes:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
lol,

ok I guess I should probably stop joking around though

##unvote

For real, ASF or ecco for my vote barring something better.

ASF's overreaction doesn't seem town oriented to me, and ecco scum claimed, doubled down on it, then recanted which, sure... gambits, but also.... scum claiming.

SO there it is.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

lol,

##unvote

ASF's overreaction doesn't seem town oriented to me, and ecco scum claimed, doubled down on it, then recanted which, sure... gambits, but also.... scum claiming.

SO there it is.

If ASF flipped out like that as scum, then hilarious but I really doubt it

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

lol,

##unvote

SO there it is.

Oh that was a joke vote? That’s disappointing

Maybe it’s because I’ve cooled on asf a bit. But for some reason I feel like dunking a lurker right now.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b-minus1 posted:

Maybe it’s because I’ve cooled on asf a bit. But for some reason I feel like dunking a lurker right now.

What kind of lurker? A post lurker or a content lurker?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

What kind of lurker? A post lurker or a content lurker?

Answer your test truthfully. I'll know if you're lying...

Are you keeping it 100 this game?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm glad he's volunteered to be the lurker vote.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes I'm 100 keeper.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

Did you really want me to be voting you lol, that's a bit weird...

Nah. It was a joke, even though your pig prod was weird I didn't think it was actually scummy.

I guess everyone thinks that ASF is town from their flip out

:shrug:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

So people’s thoughts have eased me off ASF for the moment and I’m not comfortable voting for Toal yet. I think we have heard enough from Ecco that I’m fairly sure she was trying to pull off a gambit cause I don’t think she’d be stupid enough to legitimately reveal herself as scum in a unconfirmed mason. Though if she is Giles, I’m curious what fluff character would be associated with him enough to be masons together? If it was Xander, I could possibly see Xander and Anya/Cordelia as the masons but maybe I’m leaning too much into that frame of thinking.

At the moment, no ones screaming out at me as suspicious, so I’m happy to go ahead with lurker votes. Statistically speaking, Bowmore has been the least active member so I’m gonna ##Vote Bowmore

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Statistics and mafia go together like pineapple on pizza.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

imgay posted:

Really well then?

Also I hate to base things off of kinda meta reads (Because I don't have a good grip on a lot of people's play-styles), but how do people feel about AS? AS feels exactly the same to me today as she did during pokemon imo, a lot of comments and asking for reads. I understand that a lot of people are asleep atm so I'm not trying to be like 'Oh she's inactive', but like I feel like she's playing the same game.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

imgay posted:

If you coming that way, then I’ll just say that I’d rather have people posting than not posting. At least we know that people are present, even if their content isn’t stellar.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

willie_dee posted:

Tries hard to bait me out with a no effort post on me, which I successfully and expertly ignored.

Lies about whether or not you can do something, when the mod has clearly said you can. A trick. Also called me hoss, no need for it, but did anyway, why? Wants to start a fight and rile me up.

And ultimately, yet more lies and trying to bait me, for I didn't even vote, yet he is trying to set me up as someone who did joke vote and then leave it on. The first lie I could see as an innocent mistake, a dumb mistake maybe, but maybe this chap is dumb, but this one, a blatant attempt at framing me for something I have easily verifiably not done.

And to show im serious.

## Vote Asphyxious

That’s a lot of whining followed by an omgus so big ups to you I guess.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

CapitalistPig posted:

That's a bit of a stretch but ok.

CapitalistPig posted:

lol good job at sucking at mafia.

Cpig mighty defensive here.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asphyxious posted:

Cpig mighty defensive here.

I think perhaps you might need to look up the definition of defensive.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mighty defensive there cpig

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
whats the plan dudes. 3 hrs til deadline

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m sticking with my vote if nothing else is happening. Come join me in voting Bowmore!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

whats the plan dudes. 3 hrs til deadline

Oh poo poo. Didn't realize it was tonight...

##vote ecco

Scum claimed

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

hambeet posted:

Mighty defensive there cpig

I mean i suppose i could actually be defensive if you want so it can be easier for you.

Lemme try.

OMG WTF gently caress YOU IM NOT BEING DEFENSIVE AGAGAHHSGSGANDHDJBCNCKVKG NRHDBEVWYWUE

Great now i had a stroke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Oh poo poo. Didn't realize it was tonight...

##vote ecco

Scum claimed

To elaborate: it will always be nebulous at this point. Ecco skilled enough to work that gambit as town or scum. We will revisit this and it will be nonproductive.

• Locked thread