Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

sng i think the happy medium between a lurker and someone who'll probably flip scum and made a lot of connections, AND (cuz you care about this so much) you won't get hardly any flack for it: humalong!

I'm fine with this. It would result in a town death but it would embarrass the gently caress out of Steak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

t a s t e posted:

##vote spoonsy

Either bif is town and I trust her reads generally or she’s scum and spoonsy’s a bus

See, now I know you're in this game

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Sandwolf, SNG and... maybe Spoonsy. I appreciated his early Bojack reference that got me on a nice jokephase roll, but seriously, every time he does show up he doesn't actually contribute even when the posts and cases are just flying all around him.

Also I'm here, reading. I just think the bulk of what's being discussed at the moment isn't substantive, especially before anyone flips and while the Gunhaver is Gunhaving.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Mr. Humalong posted:

lol some real bad posts from sci in the past hour

Agreed

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Humalong posted:

I'm fine with this. It would result in a town death but it would embarrass the gently caress out of Steak.

Hum could you suddenly be scummy so I can entertain shooting someone who is otherwise a null read to me? Tia.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Spoonsy posted:

See, now I know you're in this game

Now THIS is cumhunting!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

t a s t e posted:

Now THIS is cumhunting!
Was this intentional?

Would it change your answer if I tell you I'll like you more if it was

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You’d better believe it

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

t a s t e posted:

Now THIS is cumhunting!

Five stars, game over.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

man what the gently caress do you nerds think survivor even is

it's just someone that wins with town or scum at endgame, being survivor isn't an automatic loss, just scumhunt if you become a survivor, or win if town's lovely at scumhunting

like goddamn

ya'll're dumb

anyway

##vote sandnavyguy

shoot or get off the pot, already, I'm sure you've asked enough questions and asked for enough opinions that you can completely distance yourself from any suboptimal outcomes for you

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Basically all of the names that start with S in this game except Sandwolf are scum

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

t a s t e posted:

Now THIS is cumhunting!

Paging CumDog

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm also still waiting for Sci to explain how taking someone who is not posting or playing and shooting them in the face is "boring and unfun"

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SolusLunes posted:

man what the gently caress do you nerds think survivor even is

it's just someone that wins with town or scum at endgame, being survivor isn't an automatic loss, just scumhunt if you become a survivor, or win if town's lovely at scumhunting

like goddamn

ya'll're dumb

anyway

##vote sandnavyguy

shoot or get off the pot, already, I'm sure you've asked enough questions and asked for enough opinions that you can completely distance yourself from any suboptimal outcomes for you

every part of this post stinks except the sng vote

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

C.U.M.H.U.N.T.E.R.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

C.U.M.H.U.N.T.E.R.

I was in that game and this will never get old to me.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

DGK2000 posted:

Basically all of the names that start with S in this game except Sandwolf are scum

Maybe that's how the scum teams got picked so fast, both captains heard the story about Gulag and the letter M and had the same idea... :tinfoil:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sandnavyguy posted:

Steak we are not at lylo. That is an argument once we get past at least what, D3?

the problem still exists. a dead weight lurker town fucks with the numbers, and it's never in any way remotely to town's benefit, unless that player is scum but i find it unlikely scum would forget the game exists. it means town has to work harder for **every** scum lunch

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Only one poster did my exercises smh

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sandnavyguy posted:

Let someone else shoot him when we have multiple vigs/PR to spare.

"let someone else do it" is't a great argument. the person who does it sure wont be scum, so do tell me why you're opposed to being the guy to do it?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DGK2000 posted:

Don’t feel like ya have to say this if you still think I’m scummy. I’m sorry for getting so frustrated by it earlier, you’re more than entitled to think I’m scum/scummy and prodding on it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Man this vote spread is sad, I'm still happy to vote Sandwolf or Spoonsy but let's

##vote SNG

for now, cause while I was checking VF I noticed that on top of his vig handwringing, SNG hasn't even cast one single vote all day yet

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

sandnavyguy posted:

Alright, for what it’s worth here are my thoughts so far:

Town:

Me
Scientastic
Tommu

Null reads:
Steak (leaning town)
Hambeet(leaning town)
Pecota (leaning town)
Everyone else
Taste (leaning scum)
GNG(leaning scum)

Scum reads:
Bif
JC
B-

Explanations coming shortly, but the gist is my scum picks D1 are always performative players followed by lurkers, and town is scumhunting and pressure application without being performative.

Omg just shoot one of your scum reads from your improbable day 1 lumpen right now.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sandnavyguy posted:

Hum could you suddenly be scummy so I can entertain shooting someone who is otherwise a null read to me? Tia.

lol what about if the 2nd place vote leader near deadline is a null read for you? stop making up excuses to not shoot people

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Maybe B-. His utility as town is arguable, but if he’s scum he’s a powerhouse.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

Omg just shoot one of your scum reads from your improbable day 1 lumpen right now.

Unless it's me cause that read bites

Also I'm not feeling like B- is scum and I'd really like you to elaborate on your suspicions there SNG! Didn't you say in your lumpenlist you prioritised being performative... and lurkers? And you put lurking B- in your top list but now you wanna poo-poo the idea of shooting one??

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maybe it’s paranoia but b- is giving me scumbines

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

He like, really fuckin’ had me in When Mods Collide so now I don’t trust like that

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Maybe that's how the scum teams got picked so fast, both captains heard the story about Gulag and the letter M and had the same idea... :tinfoil:

but does my name start with m or s? i actually cant tell if dgk meant to include me in that post

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol if sng is scum the other team are gonna push hard for his lynch. Hi, hello I’m a dad

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Maybe it’s paranoia but b- is giving me scumbines

Maybe, he just reads like usual to me, which isn't especially townie but hasn't raised any alarms. I just think it's funny how SNG put B- in his top three and claimed that lurking was his 2nd-highest main reason to suspect people, only to turn around and complained about being prompted to shoot a lurker

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

but does my name start with m or s? i actually cant tell if dgk meant to include me in that post

Mister is a title, not a name

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

t a s t e posted:

Mister is a title, not a name

tell that to gulag

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyway ##vote sng until he loving shoots someone

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Gulag and I don’t typically speak until like 4 am

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

anyway ##vote sng until he loving shoots someone

You should continue to vote him even after he shoots someone imo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

theres a lot of new pages, i'll read them in a bit but after sleepin on things i think looking for who is scumhunting is gonna be an excercise in futility because we know from the outset there are two scum teams. everybody in this game has justification to legitimately scum hunt. fake reads aren't going to be a thing i think just because scum team 1 is gonna want to hunt down people from scum team 2, so there is incentive to just actually play the game and scum hunt for real.

does this mean nobody is going to be playing scummily? no i don't think so. but it makes me less interested in finding out which cases are bogus vs which players are playing the game from an angle that is strictly against the best interests of town. who is posting bad strategy? (maybe me, lol) who is tunneling on weak targets rather than trying to get a read on the game? who is gonna create a situation where maybe they call for a no lunch? it hasnt happened yet but if it happens it should be called out.

additionally, with advance knowledge of two scum teams, it also means we shouldn't discount or disbelieve anything they posted after they've died. onion article that guy you hate just made a great point. thank you for your time im gonna go read back now.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I don’t think Binus is scum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

I don’t think Binus is scum

He knows I’m town so even though he’s probably scum for that I respect it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

t a s t e posted:

He knows I’m town so even though he’s probably scum for that I respect it
Cena's point that no, he doesn't, is well taken I think.