Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also you can have both her and another companion, mostly so she can gently caress your other companions, like, uh, whatever the terrible vampire DLC lady's name was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Thunderclan posted:

Just speaking from my own extremely brief experience, installing them individually wasn't too bad. Originally tried to use the EET since it seemed the best way to install mods since it was my first time playing (quite glad I couldn't get it to work now, Sandrah sneaking into my install would have ruined the excitement for sure) but since it didn't work I took my chances with installing the individual mods and it seemed like everything played nice together (no crashes or error messages at least).

Sandrah isn't quite that sneaky and it's as simple to disable as any other mod, but it's possible to miss it if you've not heard of it before.

The reason it didn't work was probably that you hadn't run the update executable instead of the main one the first time, it needs to get an updated linkfile the first time you run it.

As for the Big World Project it's even older that the predecessor of EET install tool, that was Big World Setup. Neither has anything to do with Roxanne though.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Feb 15, 2021

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Comrade Koba posted:

Now I'm picturing Sandrah as some sort of malicious mod-based internet worm that forcibly inserts herself into all games installed on your hard drive.

Planescape: Torment
Sandrah immediately joins you when you start the game and gives you a multi-page plot exposition explaining who the main antagonist is before you've even left the Mortuary. Oh, and she's now a Fighter/Cleric/Psionicist and Dak'kon learned everything he knows from her. When you try to talk to someone at a tavern, it triggers an event that describes a lesbian threesome involving Sandrah, Annah, and the Lady of Pain in excruciating detail.

Let's not even pretend she wouldn't :j:

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Chapter LVII - A bad choice, my sssweet sssoon to be lovessslave.

NPC banters with Sandrah are starting to dry up, Khalid and Jaheira are exchanged for Edwin and Garrick.

We finish off Firewine with Garrick in our party. Sandrah had nothing to say during the experience.

With that loose end out of the way we're going to head to Baldur's Gate.

This ship captain at the docks claims to be familiar with Sandrah's mother. Random.

This guy asked us to get him a Sphene gem, we oblige him.

Sandrah will not be outdone by some dimestore prophet. :colbert:

Roxanne should have taken some notes from these banters.

Since Garrick was too silent for my liking I decided to exchange him for Kivan. Since he's also silent he won't be sticking around long.

Remember this guy from chapter 46? Another loose end we need to tie up.

Sounds easy enough to find.

An Orc attack in Baldur's Gate? Let's check that out after we're done with this quest.

She's awfully forgiving. :)

Remember this encounter from chapter 46? Neither did I, it's important though.

And that's that for that quest.

Kivan's too silent, but who to replace him with?

Oh, Gavin. :allears: Why did I ever let you go?

Oh, yeah... :comfyzelda:

The Orc problem was easily solved, it turned out to be the guy who we gave relationship advice to!

I'm not sure where this quest is from, definitely not from vanilla BG1. (I had to pickpocket the items off of them)

Edie's the girl we helped cheat her exam, it seems to have worked out well.

We ran into this guy all the way back in chapter 26.

We can go to his house now!

What's a red mage doing here?

Normally I love quest-related banters, but this is torture.

In the house is a book on Mystra.

As well as the candle we were looking for! Before we can leave the area...

After some combat the guy dimension doors out of there, I don't think this is the last we'll see of him.

Another quest dealt with! Slowly but surely we're getting to the finish line.

I swapped Gavin out for Ajantis.

From one bore to the next...

A gith-hating paladin, huh? This could be interesting.

Safana was left in the flooded Cloakwood (stupid :doh:) but we console her back because Ajantis doesn't have anything to say.

One area later we're whisked away to the Flaming Fist headquarters.

Oh boy, you know what that means!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz4-aEGvqQM

:doink:

If I'd chosen to speak for Safana instead of Sandrah she hijacks the conversation anyway, yay choices... :suicide:

We made a lot of progress today, next time we'll see if we can't continue this pace as we finish up Baldur's Gate!

Vichan fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 7, 2021

Lysan Lurraxol
Jun 27, 2013
Ugh. What a waste of a halfway decent idea. Having Safana put on trial for piracy is potentially hilarious - but of course it's just an opportunity for another extended lecture from Sandrah to remind us all how superior she is (and of course, far more intelligent and perceptive than Safana the canonically skilled social manipulator).

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Vichan posted:

:doink:

If I'd chosen to speak for Safana instead of Sandrah she hijacks the conversation anyway, yay choices... :suicide:

sandrah.txt

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

:guillotine:

quote:

I do quite like this one though. :3:

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

vilkacis posted:

I do quite like this one though. :3:

Those moments keep me sane, I try to include as many of them as possible.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I seriously do not understand what Roxanne's even getting out of this. I would have gotten bored writing my idealized self-insert effortlessly hijacking the plot and rolling over every obstacle while everyone loves me a long time ago.

At least when I wrote Darian, I realized that he's an asshat and had most of the cast react accordingly. :v:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

tithin posted:

I used to be into BG modding back in the day, like a very very long time ago, so I'm familiar with weidu and even the big world project, but I haven't look in almost a decade.

As I recall, the Big World Project was extremely non user friendly, because it basically downloaded every single mod it could find, with absolutely no compatibility fixes.

I just hadn't heard of Enhance Edition Trilogy, and the fact that it's been usurped by someone who's sneaking in all this junk is kinda disheartening.

Big World SETUP is what was meant, I imagine. They all have these drat similar names that throw me off, and I kept seeing people refer to it by just "Big World".

Private Speech posted:

Sandrah isn't quite that sneaky and it's as simple to disable as any other mod, but it's possible to miss it if you've not heard of it before.

But her EDITS aren't, which astounds me. I looked at the git for her drat "EET Fixes" mod and mostly saw superfluous edits so that if you install her stuff, it works better. And you cannot under any circumstances turn this component off, Sandrah or no.

Comrade Koba posted:

Now I'm picturing Sandrah as some sort of malicious mod-based internet worm that forcibly inserts herself into all games installed on your hard drive.

Planescape: Torment
Sandrah immediately joins you when you start the game and gives you a multi-page plot exposition explaining who the main antagonist is before you've even left the Mortuary. Oh, and she's now a Fighter/Cleric/Psionicist and Dak'kon learned everything he knows from her. When you try to talk to someone at a tavern, it triggers an event that describes a lesbian threesome involving Sandrah, Annah, and Fall-from-Grace in excruciating detail.

She makes Dak'kon happy with his life by loving him.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
This is so loving rough to read. Why are you doing this to yourself? It's actual torture. How far into Baldur's Gate are we even, at this point? When will it end?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I did it, guys! I fixed Dynaheir's romance! :swoon:

We're going to dig into some more mod content next, after that it's off to Ulgoth's Beard!

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Midnight Voyager posted:

But her EDITS aren't, which astounds me. I looked at the git for her drat "EET Fixes" mod and mostly saw superfluous edits so that if you install her stuff, it works better. And you cannot under any circumstances turn this component off, Sandrah or no.

The fixes actually date back to the original Big World Project, it's designed to make mods compatible with each other in general rather than just compatible with Roxannes stuff. Effectively the fixes are what the big world project grew out of, the idea being to make as many mods compatible with each other as possible.

e: This is because if you just go and install a dozen+ weidu mods at once manually there's a good chance your game will be broken in some way.

The original BWP didn't have a GUI and required you to download the mods manually, it would just extract, patch and install them in the correct order to work together. This was long before the Sandrah mod even existed, and it was "BWP fixpack" back then. Then BWS came along which allowed you to download the mods and pick the components to install easily; the EET version is just a continuation of that after the original German maintainers gave up.

e2: Incidentally this is why installing mods on top of everything can blow things up, because it won't be done in the correct order and with the correct compatibility fixes applied to it and (perhaps more importantly) to the other mods. Not installing the fixes would make using the installer pointless, it's a meta-component for the various conditional compatibility patches. You can still download the old BWP fixpack to compare, I'm sure it's mostly the same stuff, I don't think Roxanne's put all that much work into it.

The very old BWP even used to come with a several hundred pages long PDF guide which let you install and patch the mods manually, without using their script.

e3: This post is getting really long but before the BWP there was also BP a.k.a. the Big Picture mod, which was just compatibility fixes for the big mods at the time - RoT, CtB, etc. Also EET (enhanced edition trilogy) was preceded by BGT (baldurs gate trilogy) and another even older mod I can't remember now, and had nothing to do with mod compatibility - it was all about integrating all the games into one.

IIRC the main difference between BGT and the older one was that BGT made the games into one whole, whereas the older one just put BG1 into the BG2 engine, or something like that.

VVVVV

Note that those changes only get installed if you select Sandrah itself, the fixes are mostly things like solving namespace, area and script conflicts and the like. Also I think Sandrah was designed from the start to require a ton of other mods and through that some form of BWP/BWS/EET, that's sortof her explicit goal.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 16, 2021

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
The thing that horrifies me about the Sandrah thing is that Roxanne has effectively infected all the other mods it interacts with, and that it's impossible to tell just how far the infection has spread.

Roxanne has done so much work that she's basically a virus hidden in all the mods that destroys their regular function.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Keldulas posted:

Roxanne has done so much work that she's basically a virus hidden in all the mods that destroys their regular function.

Funny thing is, there's also a handful of mods that she just doesn't have any content with. Of my two NPC mods, she made Sandrah content with Valerie but not Darian for reasons known only to her.

Congratulations, you NPC I made when I was in high school and generally regret. You are proof against the great whore of the Sword Coast. :v:

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

She just had to make sure that this guy knew she was Elminster's daughter, didn't she?

Funny that she's dropping it casually here but initially Roxanne played it as though she wasn't going to just up and tell the MC.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

LJN92 posted:

She just had to make sure that this guy knew she was Elminster's daughter, didn't she?

Funny that she's dropping it casually here but initially Roxanne played it as though she wasn't going to just up and tell the MC.

I also love how he's saying she's going to get Safana off the hook IN THE MIDDLE OF THE loving TRIAL. Such an impartial paragon of justice. :allears:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

I feel like some rando claiming to be Elminister's daughter would be real suspicious but also she met literally everyone on the sword coast already somehow so

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Ramc posted:

I feel like some rando claiming to be Elminister's daughter would be real suspicious but also she met literally everyone on the sword coast already somehow so

I mean she's probably had everyone's abortions by this point.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I told a BG fan friend of mine about this thread and about how bad the mod is

"Worse than shar'teel romance mod?"
"mate, it has crossover content with it"

tithin fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 16, 2021

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter LVIII - The lovelelelely Sandrah...

The trial seems to have melted Safana's heart, EVERYONE must love Sandrah at the end of the day or die for their defiance. :black101:

At least it didn't fade to black.

I must admit that Safana is one of my least-played NPCs outside of the post-chapter 4 ones, mostly because she's so out of the way. If Bioware had put her on the Coastway Imoen might not have even existed, a comforting thought considering the horrors that we've witnessed in these past few weeks.

Edwin makes way for Coran, I know I said he wouldn't be coming back but I wonder if he interacts with Safana at all or if Sandrah puts a stop to that.

The paladin I was warned about, he attacks you if you have evil members in your party. Before the Enhanced Edition killing him incurred a -10 reputation hit, now it's -3. I'm surprised Sandrah didn't try to 'heal' him.

I had to force this banter through cheats, I'm pretty sure they don't talk otherwise. Shame.

Let's exchange both of them for Minsc and Dynaheir, why?

Because I've fixed Dynaheir's romance! :swoon:

Anyway, I think it's time to delve into the Grey Clan mod.

The tattooed man has voice acting.

He flees before we manage to kill him.

He said, just after having finished a battle.

No time to waste, let's go house-to-house!

It fades to black after this... :barf:

OH GOD SANDRAH WHAT DID YOU DO TO BOO :gonk:

Aha, it seems we've found our house!

Bingo.

Gartuffe is the handsome chap to his right.

Jusam to the rescue, and he's brought a gnoll with him! The resulting fight was a lovely clusterfuck. :allears:

Looks like we're off to the Friendly Arm Inn!

Linda teleports away, leaving us to deal with Vladimir, who is the only survivor of the golem's attack.

Sandrah knows everyone!

Looks like we need to find six keys, time to explore the outskirts. While we do so the guards of the inn are fighting the invaders, a nice touch.

Without breaking a sweat the mysterious mage turns the knights into skeletons, leaving us to fight with them.

EVERYONE!

There's an ogre mage outside the temple.

As well as some flaming fist deserters, quite the diverse band of misfits.

We meet Tergius who fills us in on the situation, not as helpful as I'd hoped...

We meet a dwarf in search of a helm.

As well as a knight in search of his beloved.

Nothing left to do but explore the two houses within the walls.

Gotta keep an eye out for this Robert fellow.

No loyalty among thieves.

Doing these things got us the keys we need, we have to insert them in the right order so as to not get fireballed to death. We'll need more to go on.

Time to storm the Friendly Arm Inn proper! :black101: We go into the entrance and...

...Okay.

Before he can answer...

We're teleported outside. Thanks, Tergius!

We still have to find the crystal. The Ogre Mage was in front of the temple, maybe we should check in there?

Inside we find some survivors, including Robert!

While trying to talk to Felicia the captain of the guard fills us in on what's been going on.

Talking to Felicia again nets us another quest. No sooner to we step outside...

We're forced to defeat Grachus as well as the undead he's summoned. Sandrah doesn't react to her 'old growler' Jedyan being one of them for some reason.

Grachus' corpse holds the crystal we need as well as the golden helm.

That's one thing dealt with, at least.

Going back to the entrance we can now teleport in and out of the inn.

This guy can petrify us, luckily we were warned. :black101:

In the kitchen we find Charles, we send him back to the temple and follow him there.

Not the most informative guy, oh well.

Going up from the main floor we find this guy 'in flagrante delicto', what a way to go.

Reufasio's victims get rescued thanks to the scrolls we found on his body, this includes Damien's sweetheart!

When we get to the next floor...

That's a good thing, I suppose.

After that exchange we get into a pretty tough fight, Linda LOVES to cast spells to turn us against each other but we manage to beat her.

Sweet.

This will be important later.

Aha, now we can interact with the mold golem!

Oops, that's what I get for screwing up.

Succeeding leads to the golem's death, a lot of diamons, a tome of clear thought as well as...

:black101:

He doesn't have anything worthwhile to sell. (Rudi the metaphysician was the gnoll that aided us back in Baldur's Gate, interesting)

Reading the message again leads to the secret message 'BEREGOST INN', that can only be Feldepost's!

We take care of unfinished business and immediately make our way over there.

He teleports us to...

...Definitely not Feldepost's inn...

Teven and Raiken were the two possible options to infiltrate the bandit camp, we took care of Raiken back in Cloakwood.

I love this mod. :allears:

...A patsy? Where have I heard that before?

The plot thickens.

Which means that Sandrah can't help but butt in. :suicide:

The screenshots do a lovely job of showing what was going on, Monica cast a fireball that propelled us backwards before teleporting away, this allowed us to buff and make mincemeat of the mages she left behind as well as poor Teven.

We take a wardstone from their corpses and make our way out of there.

Our new friends are waiting for us.

And that concludes the Grey Clan Episode One, all in all I really enjoyed playing this mod. The encounters were interesting, it made excellent use of 'classic' areas and Sandrah's interjections didn't put too much of a damper on things. It's too bad the sequels were never ma-

Oh, yeah. I forgot. Roxanne went out of her way to make an Episode Two AND Three. :suicide:

Will the quality inexplicably go into a nosedive? Only time will tell.

Vichan fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Nov 25, 2021

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

With that beast of an update out of the way I'm going to take a little break from the game to try the new Imperator DLC. :)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Interesting, I've never played the Grey Clan, but it was one of the very first big expansion/quest mods ever made for Baldur's Gate. Good to know it holds up pretty well!

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

'im archmage linda. this is my associate, archmage doug'

'yo my dudes'

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

"They ruined the peaceful cleric academy to teach battle mages!"
"But clerics are warriors! Sandrah, you're described as a warrior!"

"...only pointless loving will cure my shame."

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Oh man, someone has to write Inquisitor Karen into the story. Cythereal?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

LargeHadron posted:

Oh man, someone has to write Inquisitor Karen into the story. Cythereal?

I must have missed something, because I have no idea what you're talking about.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm glad that Coran is still in love with Vichan.

Wait...an episode 2 and 3 herself? That's some work ethic.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Cythereal posted:

I must have missed something, because I have no idea what you're talking about.

We've got Sandra(h) and the antagonist of what I assume is her own personal offshoot of the current side content is Linda.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Leraika posted:

We've got Sandra(h) and the antagonist of what I assume is her own personal offshoot of the current side content is Linda.

From Vorgen's LP, so not a character of Roxanne's.

If you look closely you can tell where the original content ends and Sandrah's content begins.

EDIT: I've been using imgur links up to this point but lpix might be the better option, I'll slowly but surely try and replace the links from past updates. This also gives me the chance to clean up some of the images, especially in earlier updates.

Vichan fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 16, 2021

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

LargeHadron posted:

Oh man, someone has to write Inquisitor Karen into the story.

Only if her critical hit quote is "Let me speak to your manager!"

Vichan posted:

EDIT: I've been using imgur links up to this point but lpix might be the better option, I'll slowly but surely try and replace the links from past updates. This also gives me the chance to clean up some of the images, especially in earlier updates.

It's up to you but you shouldn't need to replace the old images even if you start using lpix for future updates - they should get archived just fine regardless of host.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

vilkacis posted:

It's up to you but you shouldn't need to replace the old images even if you start using lpix for future updates - they should get archived just fine regardless of host.

That's good to hear, that means that I only have to do the first couple of chapters since they could be cropped better. Thanks! :)

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

So in lieu of Sandrah's Saga and Skyrim, I was reminded of the existence of a Skyrim mod series; Rigmor of Bruma/Cyrodiil.

In Sandrah's Saga here, you at least get a bare minimum choice in how to approach things. You can be rude and nasty to Sandrah. The mod frames it as you loving up for all eternity, but the choice is there.

When I played Rigmor of Bruma years ago, most conversations were just you clicking on the single dialogue choice offered by the mod. Unless you thought of your Dragonborn as a big softie that has immediately taken a liking to this obnoxious waif you've recently met, then those dialogue choices will come across as some kind of alien possession of your character. You are reduced to the role that the mod has chosen for you, and there is little deviation. At most you can avoid being in an explicit romance with Rigmor, but that's it, and if you play the whole thing, you find that's extremely uncomfortably bypassed.

Some things in spoilers, in case anyone actually cares not to be spoiled for that series of mods;

You find out that Rigmor is the "Chosen Queen of Tamriel", i.e. destined to become Empress and rule over the lands. Apparently favoured by the Aedra and Daedra, and having a rudimentary knowledge of Elder Scrolls lore should tell you why that's nuts.

But worst of the worst is that there is a prophecy that Rigmor is destined to have YOUR BABY. Yes, even if you're not romancing her. Yes, even if you're a Khajiit/Argonian. Yes, even if you're female. By some cosmic fuckery, you are the "father" of Rigmor's child, and there is no avoiding it.

A few posts back I wrote a wee satire thing about the notion of Sandrah in a Skyrim mod. I didn't actually know the above information because I hadn't played "Rigmor of Cyrodiil" and googled it not long ago. I am amazed someone basically did exactly what I wrote in what seems to be a popular mod series.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vichan posted:

And that concludes the Grey Clan Episode One, all in all I really enjoyed playing this mod. The encounters were interesting, it made excellent use of 'classic' areas and Sandrah's interjections didn't put too much of a damper on things. It's too bad the sequels were never ma-

Oh, yeah. I forgot. Roxanne went out of her way to make an Episode Two AND Three. :suicide:

Will the quality inexplicably go into a nosedive? Only time will tell.

W H A T?!

Rigmor is also uhhhhh kinda edgelordy in the same way Sandrah is where it loves bringing up poo poo like rape and slavery and poo poo like that.

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
Well yeah, but popularity doesn't guarantee anything at all in Skyrim modding. I have found that if a mod includes a follower/companion, it's probably garbage. If a mod is nothing but a follower/companion, it's almost certainly garbage.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

LJN92 posted:

So in lieu of Sandrah's Saga and Skyrim, I was reminded of the existence of a Skyrim mod series; Rigmor of Bruma/Cyrodiil.

In Sandrah's Saga here, you at least get a bare minimum choice in how to approach things. You can be rude and nasty to Sandrah. The mod frames it as you loving up for all eternity, but the choice is there.

When I played Rigmor of Bruma years ago, most conversations were just you clicking on the single dialogue choice offered by the mod. Unless you thought of your Dragonborn as a big softie that has immediately taken a liking to this obnoxious waif you've recently met, then those dialogue choices will come across as some kind of alien possession of your character. You are reduced to the role that the mod has chosen for you, and there is little deviation. At most you can avoid being in an explicit romance with Rigmor, but that's it, and if you play the whole thing, you find that's extremely uncomfortably bypassed.

Some things in spoilers, in case anyone actually cares not to be spoiled for that series of mods;

You find out that Rigmor is the "Chosen Queen of Tamriel", i.e. destined to become Empress and rule over the lands. Apparently favoured by the Aedra and Daedra, and having a rudimentary knowledge of Elder Scrolls lore should tell you why that's nuts.

But worst of the worst is that there is a prophecy that Rigmor is destined to have YOUR BABY. Yes, even if you're not romancing her. Yes, even if you're a Khajiit/Argonian. Yes, even if you're female. By some cosmic fuckery, you are the "father" of Rigmor's child, and there is no avoiding it.

A few posts back I wrote a wee satire thing about the notion of Sandrah in a Skyrim mod. I didn't actually know the above information because I hadn't played "Rigmor of Cyrodiil" and googled it not long ago. I am amazed someone basically did exactly what I wrote in what seems to be a popular mod series.

I nearly played Rigmor a few months ago, and I remain relieved that I did some research and decided to give it a pass after it looked like a poorly-written (and uncomfortably horny-but-still-insisting-it's-not-about-that) clusterfuck.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter LIX - I would be interested in that wine - and especially the dessert thereafter - right here and now.

Before moving on with submod content I want to finish off Baldur's Gate and check out Ulgoth's beard.

I have to kickstart these romance talks manually now. They are the only thing keeping me sane.

The Storm Lords try and ambush us again. Thanks, Sandrah. :argh:

I don't know what's worse about these talks, the quality or quantity...

Luckily we're graced with one of the rare vanilla BG1 banters, short but sweet.

Definitely the quantity.

Oh God, it won't stop. Why are they talking about an encounter that took place ages ago?

This guy asks us to steal a telescope from the Hall of Wonders, normally I'd skip over it for this LP but...

Sandrah reacts to the oddest stuff...

I'll hang on to this thing for a little while longer, just in case.

Just before heading to Ulgoth's Beard we manage to seal the deal with Dynaheir. :heysexy:

She seems troubled though... :ohdear:

Ah, Ulgoth's Beard. The hub of BG1's expansion content!

More reasons to explore the Field of the Dead. We'll get to that soon, not to worry. :hai:

Maybe we'll get to this at one point as well. No promises though.

OMG it's Regis! :swoon:

Wait, what the gently caress did I d-

Oh, yeah. We slaughtered your daughters to get to the airship plans. Whoops.

Isn't this just great?

Words can't describe how much I love this place. :allears:

Normally Tellan would follow us all the way to the end but...

BG1: Unfinished Business adds a second level to this place. Bioware screwed up implementing this area in time for release but luckily the modding community managed to fix it. It's quite dull compared to the previous area though.

:words:

Admit it, Sandrah. You just don't want to admit that someone got the better of you for once.

That takes care of that, then. Now all that's left to do is head for the exit...

And we're back to Ulgoth's Beard.

Shandalar's still pissed at us, understandable...

Sandrah and Pelligram blocking the poor guy is so symbolic of the whole experience. You'd think she'd have something to say here.

...What's that rumbling sound?

Ah, the beast claims another victim. Gotcha. This has got to be one of the most random victims so far.

Outside we run into a dwarf that wants to help us Clear Durlag's Tower! :black101:

We might invite him to come along once we decide to tackle the place, for now he can stay at the inn.

Not going to bother to screenshot the whole exchange but we offer to rescue her son while we're at it.

A town full of interesting characters and these two are the ones you interact with? :doh:

I guess it's easy to look smart when you only engage with idiots.

I knew that Candlekeep assassin's name seemed familiar!

We'll run into this guy again.

Anyway, onward to Baldur's Gate!

After so many playthroughs I've got the correct options memorized.

Sandrah's parcel comes in handy here, we can get what he needs without needing to go back around.

There we go.

And just like that we're off to search for Balduran's lost expedition!

Vichan fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 7, 2021

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

quote:

Oh God, it won't stop. Why are they talking about an encounter that took place ages ago?

To be generous (ill-advised, I know), it's possible that this banter is just flagged to be possible when you complete that encounter, which in the game's code sets a flag saying "This encounter has been done, don't trigger it again." This sort of scripting is very common in mod NPCs to let them react to specific events in the story after they've happened (both of my NPC mods make extensive use of this to let them react to the ongoing story, for example, like Valerie's efforts to riddle out what's going on with the Iron Throne and Darian's PTSD in Throne of Bhaal).

Just, for a banter like that, you'd probably also want to set up a scripting command to start a specific ticking clock for that banter to fire soon after you've completed the encounter, if you want them talking about it like it's just happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

I think I remember doing the Dynaheir romance myself, though I can't remember which mod it was - probably this one? I remember being confused that my MC was suddenly speaking in the same ye olde english for some of the dialogue options, and this seems to have those.

Not much to say about Sandrah, she's just aggressively awful. It'd be one thing if she was just excessively horny and capable of breaking everyone's brains to make them love her. It'd be one thing if she was just omniscient and always right. It'd be one thing if she was just overpowered. It'd be one thing if the dialogue was awfully written. She's an absolute perfect storm of a Mary Sue and I'm impressed (horrified) she exists as unironically as she does. I can't even really respect the technical skill that must have went into building all of this. It was built for a lovely purpose, and as soon as you start taking other people's content and repurposing it to make your own poo poo look better, you lose any respect I may have owed you.

Genuinely curious to see how she stacks up and inevitably eclipses the other notorious companion mods from BG2.