Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

wologar posted:

Let's consolidate on the person who makes the worst joke.

I'll start: What do you call someone with no body and no nose?

Nobody nose!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

wologar posted:

Why did the scarecrow win an award?

HE WAS OUTSTANDING IN HIS FIELD

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

wologar posted:

Anyway,

Nobody knows!

He was outstanding in his field.

FUCKKKKK

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
##unvote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

wologar posted:

This prompt got me temporarily banned from my own confessional.

I don’t know that one :(

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rhymes With Clue posted:

They are shellfish

FUCKKKKKK (I thought it was gonna be something with cancer?)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Okay so RWC probably town? Beet probably town. Maug or Nep as scumpings?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Pretty neutral on wolo, can see em having this fun as scum or town. I’m being weirdly not pinged by folks I usually expect to (AN, RWC, Josef?) and am feeling weird about it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ehh shwinne and Moritz are still pinging me so I guess some things are consistent

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Sandwolf posted:

Okay so RWC probably town? Beet probably town. Maug or Nep as scumpings?

I've asked before on someone else and i dont think i received an answer: why maug?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I am a clown, and I do not have a day action.

*sad honk*

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yami you should use your mason thing on me

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

I won't win this debate here, but I remain unconvinced that town determinedly mislunching a townie D1 every single game is the correct town play. I've yet to see an example where it doesn't just cull our numbers and leave us in a worse position D2. Like I've said before, the iterations of mafia I've played prevent D1 voting for that exact reason -- it's always going to be a random lunch, barring an outright scumslip or some kind of day power that reveals something valuable. I would have preferred to post clown flavor all day D1 rather than trying uselessly to read people (basically what I did in cultivation), but since Yami is pushing so hard for people to make cases, I tried to squeeze out an :effortpost: based on pure vibes, which was apparently some form of filthy german dumpin' list, and somehow also a faux pas :ghost:

the worst part about playing town in this game is the constant paranoid feeling that everyone is working together to gaslight you

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Zoya posted:

I won't win this debate here, but I remain unconvinced that town determinedly mislunching a townie D1 every single game is the correct town play. I've yet to see an example where it doesn't just cull our numbers and leave us in a worse position D2. Like I've said before, the iterations of mafia I've played prevent D1 voting for that exact reason -- it's always going to be a random lunch, barring an outright scumslip or some kind of day power that reveals something valuable. I would have preferred to post clown flavor all day D1 rather than trying uselessly to read people (basically what I did in cultivation), but since Yami is pushing so hard for people to make cases, I tried to squeeze out an :effortpost: based on pure vibes, which was apparently some form of filthy german dumpin' list, and somehow also a faux pas :ghost:

the worst part about playing town in this game is the constant paranoid feeling that everyone is working together to gaslight you

Okay. It’s now D2. The scum killed the poster with the fewest posts. Now what do we do?

(The issue is the town elimination is the only means of town acquiring public information. It allows us to progress forward on D2 because we killed someone and now we have a day of people defending/avoiding that D1 elimination.)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

I've asked before on someone else and i dont think i received an answer: why maug?

vibes

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Sandwolf posted:

Okay. It’s now D2. The scum killed the poster with the fewest posts. Now what do we do?

(The issue is the town elimination is the only means of town acquiring public information. It allows us to progress forward on D2 because we killed someone and now we have a day of people defending/avoiding that D1 elimination.)

we're going to get a flip to progress forward with on D2 regardless, is my point, unless scum somehow fail to kill

D1 lunch just means 2 flips, which, sure, is more information to work with, but it's also 2 dead (probably) townies

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Zoya posted:

we're going to get a flip to progress forward with on D2 regardless, is my point, unless scum somehow fail to kill

D1 lunch just means 2 flips, which, sure, is more information to work with, but it's also 2 dead (probably) townies

The scum get to pick their kill. They will not pick someone we were largely suspicious of. My point there was if they kill the lurkiest player, you basically redo D1, but the scum have even MORE info while the town have even LESS.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Zoya posted:

But the discussion around who to yeet on D1 is the important information.

Otherwise scum just NK whoever gives the least info to town (As Sand said, the town with the lowest post count), and they get to control the narrative on D2 as well.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Sandwolf posted:

The scum get to pick their kill. They will not pick someone we were largely suspicious of. My point there was if they kill the lurkiest player, you basically redo D1, but the scum have even MORE info while the town have even LESS.

SporkChan posted:

But the discussion around who to yeet on D1 is the important information.

Otherwise scum just NK whoever gives the least info to town (As Sand said, the town with the lowest post count), and they get to control the narrative on D2 as well.
hrmmm. fair points. i'll think on it

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Urgh I hate where this is going.

This feels like the exact same kind of apathy lunching that got cube killed last game.

##unvote

Read wise I still hate where RWC's posting is at but reading the threadstate makes me feel like it's not the right place to go.

I'm starting to wonder if shwinn's right about Nep.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Let’s see! ##vote Nep

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##vote Nep

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Urgh I hate where this is going.

This feels like the exact same kind of apathy lunching that got cube killed last game.

##unvote

Read wise I still hate where RWC's posting is at but reading the threadstate makes me feel like it's not the right place to go.

I'm starting to wonder if shwinn's right about Nep.

Are you questioning the case on RWC because no one was pushing back on it? Or has RWC's posting improved for you?

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

SporkChan posted:

Are you questioning the case on RWC because no one was pushing back on it? Or has RWC's posting improved for you?

i pushed back on it! HONK

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Aye.

##vote Nep

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

SporkChan posted:

Nobody was pushing back on it in the sense that the thread got very stale. People didn't really want to vote RWC, but nobody was really talking about anyone else.

That's usually a sign of the person not being scum, as scum would at the very least try to suggest alternatives.

Something similar happened in the last game.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
My reread got interrupted but - Spork less scummy on a reread, wolo really weird, RWC feels fine? I don't think scum would have done that big production over the day action

Would vote wolo over RWC

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hm

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Wologar's vote on me reads opportunistic considering he also voted sandwolf earlier in the day.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Didn't also vote for RWC though, hmm

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Nep-Nep posted:

Wologar's vote on me reads opportunistic considering he also voted sandwolf earlier in the day.

Can you please make some hard calls Nep

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Can you please make some hard calls Nep

I pull out an old style dial phone and slowly dial a number. I wait as several ring's span of time pass. "Hello, wologar family? This is Nep, from the circus. I'm afraid you don't have much time, but you need to get down here. It's wologar. We're going to have to fire him out of a comically giant cannon covered in stripes."

##vote wologar

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Maugrim posted:

My reread got interrupted but - Spork less scummy on a reread, wolo really weird, RWC feels fine? I don't think scum would have done that big production over the day action

Would vote wolo over RWC

I'm still waiting to hear what was scummy about spork in the first place

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Nep-Nep posted:

I pull out an old style dial phone and slowly dial a number. I wait as several ring's span of time pass. "Hello, wologar family? This is Nep, from the circus. I'm afraid you don't have much time, but you need to get down here. It's wologar. We're going to have to fire him out of a comically giant cannon covered in stripes."

##vote wologar

I'm gonna admit I'm tripped up by one thing here and that if RWC is scum, then this behavior wraps up in a neat little package for me, but if RWC is town, then this is a little more murky for me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nep-Nep posted:

I'm gonna admit I'm tripped up by one thing here and that if RWC is scum, then this behavior wraps up in a neat little package for me, but if RWC is town, then this is a little more murky for me

Lmao what

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Nep-Nep posted:

What if I'm town?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Sandwolf posted:

Lmao what

If wologar and rwc are scum together it would make sense wolo would vote me so quickly but not vote RWC. I clearly can't apply that same logic for the case where RWC is town but I still think wologar's vote on me is bad

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

wologar posted:

What if I'm town?

In that case we are two town voting for each other and the scum are good with it

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
is it time for the last minute swerve to ANarc yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back