Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

gently caress you guys fuuuuuuuuuuck

This is the selection and pricing I have to work with:

http://www.steinbachdodge.ca/used/FIAT/2013-FIAT-500-winnipeg-mb-03bfe6030a0a004901785b00bf44acbe.htm
http://www.steinbachdodge.ca/used/FIAT/2013-FIAT-500-winnipeg-mb-453490830a0a004901e6258e6e34248e.htm

...Still going to check them out when I drop my car off at the bodyshop.

You poor guy.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/2014-abarth-small-but-wicked/576165373?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/new-2014-fiat-500-abarth-hatchback-fleet-clearout/581560577?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/2013-fiat-500-abarth/581796023?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Neither of us is going to get an Abarth for $17.5k so no one wins :colbert:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Holdbrooks posted:

I bought one of the craven speed shifters bay am waiting to get it still. As far as tune goes in going to go with tork, they seem to have the most research in theirs and I refuse to use a bandaid piggyback.

Please keep me/the thread updated on this since I know you're doing or have done much more extensive work on your car than I plan on doing.

With the crazy deal I got on mine I'm probably going to trade it in for a 2014 hatch within the next 6 months or so anyway. I didn't want a cabrio or a white car but the offer they made me was too ridiculous to pass up.

I did drive around with the top down today for the first time and despite myself I kinda fell in love with it.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

triple clutcher posted:

looks like we'll be getting auto Turbos/Abarths for 2015: http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do?id=15515.

The new HUD looks nice too, and a little less confusing than the concentric speedo/tach.

I'll pass on the new HUD, it's too cluttered with bullshit for me. Then again I feel in love with the concentric gauges so what do I know?

Getting a ST Suspensions rear sway bar and Abarth exhaust + valence installed on my Turbo in the next couple of weeks. Then after that in about this order;
- Tork Boost-leak fix
- PTP Turbo Blanket
- MPx After-airbox high flow pipe (http://www.modernperformance.com/product/mpx_after_Airbox_high_flow_intake_pipe_fiat_500_turbo_abarth/fiat_500_abarth_turbo_engine)
- MPx Ported throttle body
- MPx Lightweight underdrive pulley kit

Then it's onto the Tork tune and very soon afterwards some RE-11s and Abarth springs to handle all the new power. Should be a fun next 12 months give or take (that's my timeframe at least).

Also Holdbrooks I too am curious about the Cravenspeed shifter since I'm still not totally fed up with the stock throws yet :3:

Edit; x-post from what you did to your ride thread -

Tanz-Kommandant fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Apr 11, 2014

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Is there something that fixes the Worst Shifter In The World yet? Coming from a Mazda to one of these things without fixing the shifter would probably end up with me putting a gun in my mouth.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
The shifter was probably the single factor that prevented me from buying an Abarth.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

The shifter was probably the single factor that prevented me from buying an Abarth.

Add in the convertible visibility with the top down and the trucker seating position for me.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
What's so bad about the shifter? Is not like a direct into the trans and gated but I don't really mind it and I actually like the high up next to the wheel position. I just wanted shorter throws for more power shifting :burnout:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Holdbrooks posted:

What's so bad about the shifter? Is not like a direct into the trans and gated but I don't really mind it and I actually like the high up next to the wheel position. I just wanted shorter throws for more power shifting :burnout:

I just ordered the short shifter adapter from 500 Madness since it was like $100 and apparently shortens the throw by like a third.

My WRX had the factory short shifter kit in it and I do miss that.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
Either of you guys got your short shifter yet?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Shrapnig posted:

Cross posting from the ride thread...

As stated in the other thread I've ordered the red Abarth side decals.

What I'm looking for now is recommendations for an ECM flash as well as potentially a short throw shifter.

I really love the white Abarths with red interiors. Kinda wish I didn't pounce on Grigio and waited for a white one. Oh well!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

I installed mine today. It isn't a true shifter, just an adapter that screws/clamps onto the arm and shortens the throw.

This for reference: http://shop.500madness.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=313&product_id=1738

I like it a lot so far, the throw is definitely shorter and it's a lot notchier, for lack of a better term. I'm obviously still getting used to it but I don't feel like my arm is moving all over the place anymore while shifting.

Took me about an hour to install it because I'm not mechanically inclined but I imagine someone who is could do it in like 10-15 minutes.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Edit: I'm dumb.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Fitted my Eibachs and OMP lower brace t'other day. Car not only drives noticeably better, but has lost a bit of the 'arse in the air' stance it had before. Much better.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...
Headed down to Houston area tomorrow morning for my Abarth track day. I really wish they could have gotten it at CotA near my house. It's an amazing track I want to drive more but I can't afford $3K track days.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Still waiting, I need to call them actually.

E: it's amazing that when you call it now there and on the shipping desk going out today.

Holdbrooks fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 23, 2014

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

Holdbrooks posted:

E: it's amazing that when you call it now there and on the shipping desk going out today.

Are you saying they only shipped it after you called them? I'm a little confused.

I've been trying to get a hold of this one dude @ Madness for a little under a week to get a Abarth rear diffuser and I've left messages, called different times of the day and nothing so far :(

My swaybar and Abarth catback were installed on Tuesday but it looks unfinished without the diffuser so I'm holding off on taking pics or video because I'm a nanny and don't wanna show off my unfinished ride :v:

Edit: Forgot to mention my local studio started putting aftermarket wheels on Pops and Sports to drum up interest for them, they put these "Stance" 16x8 4x100 +26 wheels on this Black 2013 Sport and it kinda just works (I don't consent the validity of putting 4x100 rims on a 4x98 car though);

Tanz-Kommandant fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 25, 2014

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
I was waiting a while and had not heard anything from them and called and left a message and the guy called me back in like an hour saying that it was there and shipping out that day. I was guessing it got missed since my order was marked completed when they shipped out the ported TB. I bet if I called a week sooner it would have magically arrived then instead.

Should be at the house when I get home today

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

Did the Abarth Experience yesterday at MSR Houston. Met up with ReidRansom from here. drat, that was a lot of fun. I've never seen that many Abarths in one spot. Between the 20 or so owners that showed up and the 20 cars that Fiat brought out.

The setup is that they bring out a bunch of factory cars. Perfectly stock rides with no mods. You get to thrash on them like you hate them. There's a few modules. Autocross, head-to-head races, road course, and hot laps.

I was able to take 3rd place in the autocross event out of about 25 people. The photographer got a really awesome pic of me 3-wheeling it through a corner. They've promised to send it on to me. They better because it looked badass. I didn't see anyone else cock a wheel so I guess I was pushing a bit hard. The event leader asked afterwards how much autocross experience I had. When I told him that I had none he seemed surprised then told me I should think about starting. :)

I was doing really well in the head-to-head races until I apparently clipped a single cone on the last turn with the left rear. I still think I missed it but it is what it is. That was the difference between racing in the final and getting nothing. I'll be pissed about that for a while.

The road course was a the last thing we did. We got out with an instructor to turn laps on the road course. In my case she was ex-NHRA drag bike racer and former Pike's Peak competitor, Stephanie Reaves. We talked a lot about the paving of the Peak and she was very patient with me on the track. I was driving way too conservative at first. I think I was babying the car because it felt just like I was in my own car. By the end I'd gotten over that and was braking later and later and getting a real feel for how the car behaves in high speed maneuvering. Just as I was really getting comfortable with the track, it was over.

The event had the same problem they all do. Not enough time in the cars. :) They had to rotate out a couple cars due to abuse by other people. The smell of burning clutch was strong on occasion. People would launch off the line then ride the clutch like a two-bit whore.

The whole event was very positive and you really learn what an Abarth is capable of in even stock form. Now I wanna throw a bunch of money at upgrades and tires and start autocrossing mine.

I don't know how that Chevy sneaked in there.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I just want to let this thread know, since it was 75 and sunny today, that I'm a male who drives a white Fiat cabriolet and loves every goddamn second of it. Rear visibility be damned.

The exhaust sounds better with the top down too.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
I got a Pop Cabrio for a loaner once and I'll be honest it was a terrific little 'vert, the way the top is set up is very sleek but I wouldn't buy one unless it was a Abarth like yours. Then again at that point I'd just go back to a Miata like before.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

I'll just leave this here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKpzU2GSVC0

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

VolumeOverTalent posted:

Fitted my Eibachs and OMP lower brace t'other day. Car not only drives noticeably better, but has lost a bit of the 'arse in the air' stance it had before. Much better.

Are these wheels 16" or are they some Euro-spec 17" model? They look the same as the base 16" wheels on the US/Canada Abarth. They just look bigger than 16".

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

VERTiG0 posted:

Are these wheels 16" or are they some Euro-spec 17" model? They look the same as the base 16" wheels on the US/Canada Abarth. They just look bigger than 16".

Yep, 17s. The standards are 16s over here too, but they're a different style.

I'll be on track again at Goodwood in a few weeks - really looking forward to it. Looking forward to seeing what difference the upgrades will make. I'm sure there will be photos. :)

VolumeOverTalent fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 28, 2014

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

If anyone is ordering parts I recommend avoiding fiatpartswebstore.com

I ordered my side decals from them in early April. They shipped them to me on April 29th with no correspondence saying they were on back order, and when the package arrived I only had decals for one side. The OEM part number is for decals for both sides. When I called them customer service tried to argue with me that I had only ordered one side when the part number clearly states "right and left side."

They asked me to send pictures of the package and what I had, which I did, the same day I called them. I heard nothing further from them for three weeks at which point I did a chargeback on my credit card, which was accepted within two days, again with no further correspondence from the shipper or any request to send the decals back.

All in all a pretty lovely customer service experience but at least I got my money back and am now in the possession of driver side only decals which is cool I guess.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

All in all a pretty lovely customer service experience but at least I got my money back and am now in the possession of driver side only decals which is cool I guess.

fwiw, I was actually half-tempted to leave one set of stripes on when I took mine off - you never see both sides at once, it'd be like having two different cars. :)

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
That's actually a really cool idea.

I wonder if the various car brands offering sticker packs would let you mix and match?

SniperX
Feb 10, 2011
Sup goons. Checking in with a brand new Fiat 500 turbo. Last years model but I got them to let it go at $15,500 before them evil gubment taxes.

Black on black. Classy. Anything I should know or necessary aftermarket's I should be getting next?

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

SniperX posted:

Sup goons. Checking in with a brand new Fiat 500 turbo. Last years model but I got them to let it go at $15,500 before them evil gubment taxes.

Black on black. Classy. Anything I should know or necessary aftermarket's I should be getting next?

Always leave the Sport button on, get a rear sway bar pronto as it really livens up the car. See if you can source a set of Abarth springs or if not get some Eibach Prolines and you're now at a stock Abarth handling wise. Eibach Sportlines are probably my next upgrade, they have great reviews and are apparently a perfect mix of aggressive but not jarring.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
So I bought a new daily driver, the yellow wagon is now my weekend toy.

2013 model with 1,700 miles on the odometer, practically new. Got a DUMB good deal for it. Time for Abarth round 2!

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Always leave the Sport button on, get a rear sway bar pronto as it really livens up the car. See if you can source a set of Abarth springs or if not get some Eibach Prolines and you're now at a stock Abarth handling wise. Eibach Sportlines are probably my next upgrade, they have great reviews and are apparently a perfect mix of aggressive but not jarring.

in case anyone has a T and wants stock 16 abarth wheels and tires or stock abarth springs. PM me.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
Speaking of which I just picked up a pair of Sportlines for $100 locally last night. Gonna get them on the car probably at the end of August, whee! :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GramCracker posted:

So I bought a new daily driver, the yellow wagon is now my weekend toy.

2013 model with 1,700 miles on the odometer, practically new. Got a DUMB good deal for it. Time for Abarth round 2!

Can you share what you paid? The lady likes 500s and we're looking at new cars for her.

LtDansMagkLegs
Jul 23, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Can you share what you paid? The lady likes 500s and we're looking at new cars for her.

I just checked the dealer I bought mine at and they have a new 2013 Abarth with 17" wheels and leather for 19.1k (MSRP: 25,500). Most of the other 2013's are 500 Turbo's or Abarth convertibles. I know a few other people in this thread earlier this year picked up leftover 2013's for really good deals. It wasn't uncommon to find base Abarth's for around 17k but not sure how many of those are still around. I paid right at 20k out the door for an Abarth with 17" wheels, comfort & convenience package, and Beats audio package. Sticker on it was 26k with some dealer bullshit added on like "free" service packages, window tint, and some Fiat merchandise.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

LtDansMagkLegs posted:

I just checked the dealer I bought mine at and they have a new 2013 Abarth with 17" wheels and leather for 19.1k (MSRP: 25,500). Most of the other 2013's are 500 Turbo's or Abarth convertibles. I know a few other people in this thread earlier this year picked up leftover 2013's for really good deals. It wasn't uncommon to find base Abarth's for around 17k but not sure how many of those are still around. I paid right at 20k out the door for an Abarth with 17" wheels, comfort & convenience package, and Beats audio package. Sticker on it was 26k with some dealer bullshit added on like "free" service packages, window tint, and some Fiat merchandise.

Got my 2013 around late March for right at $20K out the door. Including TTL and everything. It's got every single option possible except the stupid rear end GPS. "Here's your GPS!" *glues a portable GPS to your dashboard*

I really wish it didn't have a sunroof. It's fine normally, until I try to put a helmet on for autocross. Then it's an issue. You kind of have to ride with a gangsta lean to fit. I'd love to have back those 2" tat the sunroof steals. I need to look at lowering the seats.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rhyno posted:

The car has 17" wheels and black leather as options. Original MSRP was $25.5k.

First owners drove it for 1,700 miles. Fiat dealer was asking $19k. I got it for $17k. Very happy with this price as it is basically a brand new car I just saved around $9k on.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Kill-9 posted:

Got my 2013 around late March for right at $20K out the door. Including TTL and everything. It's got every single option possible except the stupid rear end GPS. "Here's your GPS!" *glues a portable GPS to your dashboard*

I really wish it didn't have a sunroof. It's fine normally, until I try to put a helmet on for autocross. Then it's an issue. You kind of have to ride with a gangsta lean to fit. I'd love to have back those 2" tat the sunroof steals. I need to look at lowering the seats.

I got my 2013 cabrio Abarth for I want to say $21,500-$22,000 out the door in April.

I'm trading it in on Monday for a 2014 hatchback with the upgraded wheels. :negative:

Also if Holdbrooks is still reading this thread, what did you use to black out the chrome on your Abarth? I want to get rid of all the chrome since my new car is going to be black not white.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
What kind of deal are you getting for your trade and 2014 if you don't mind me asking? I'm starting to wonder if I should trade in my Turbo because it'll never quite be an 'Abarth'

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

What kind of deal are you getting for your trade and 2014 if you don't mind me asking? I'm starting to wonder if I should trade in my Turbo because it'll never quite be an 'Abarth'

They're giving me $17,500 for my 2013 it's a cabrio and has every option except the "navigation" and upgraded wheels and only 5000 miles.

With incentives the '14 is going to be about $23,500, that's with every option other than navigation so it has upgraded wheels, decals, beats audio, leather moonroof, etc.

The '14 is the car I actually wanted, it was just impossible for me to pass up the crazy deal I got on my '13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
It makes me sad to see how fast these little cars deprecate, it makes it for great deals on both sides of the showroom though. I don't know if I'd even get over 13 for my Turbo so it might actually be cheaper to do a Abarth conversion, hah!

• Locked thread