Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Sheep-Goats posted:

The best Blighttown armor is pyro rags. Which you find in the swamps after Blighttown.

:darksouls:

I thought the best armor for that was the Black Leather set + spider shield, because of its bafflingly large +toxic and +poison resist. Comparatively, Great Hollow with the Firekeeper's clothes (can't remember what they're called) is orders of magnitude easier. It makes your curse resist so high that you can actually make a couple mistakes.

Well... until you get to the mushrooms, then you start crying and running away regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
The only two zones I really feel that way about are Valley of the Drakes and The Great Hollow. The former doesn't feel incomplete so much as an epic troll, but I'm not convinced they even playtested The Great Hollow. HEY GAIZ NOW THIS GAME'S A PLATFORMER HAVE FUN ALSO I HOPE YOU HAVE CURSE RESIST. And then you get to the end, and see these really cute musrooms... that can probably one shot you and take enough damage to tank a particularly ornery semi.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Nahxela posted:

Pfft, I think Great Hollow's pretty standard for a Dark Souls area. If you try to rush it or come in unaware, you're going to have a terrible time and will probably get hosed up. Once you know how to travel through it, it's easy.

The thing I hate about the Great Hollow is all the falling. You HAVE to fall a lot, and if you don't know the path already it's actually entirely possible to follow what looks like a reasonable path down only to get stranded in an area where the only way out is to fall to death. Getting most of the items there is also maddening. I say this as someone who never even got cursed, too, it's mostly the random bouts of platforming I hate.

I admit the mushrooms were my fault, I was only geared and leveled for Blightown (maybe a little overleveled/upgraded for it) at the time. But I don't know, I still killed the Hydra Mk. II fine, I'm not sure if they even meant for you to kill the mushrooms.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Yeah, I really don't understand how anyone can get cursed in this game unless they just flat-out don't notice that the grey smoke is putting a status effect on them. You practically have to stand in the curse fog deliberately for the bar to get even halfway full.

Nah, that bar fills pretty fast if you're in, say, Pyromancer rags. I mean, I've never even gotten cursed once, to be fair, but the basilisks in Great Hollow could get you pretty easily if you're not wearing the Firelink Firekeeper's clothes or something -- especially given the number of times you're likely to have to encounter them if you keep fall-dying.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Maremidon posted:

Yeah it's full of stuff, but it all seems really weird and barely-part of the game. There's a snake lizard and manta-ray thing, both of which I discovered today, and both of which died in one hit. Why are they there? Hell if I know.

It's an optional area, if you're arguing that it seems incomplete because you don't get he Lordvessel Ultima Jewel of The Elements or something you're missing the point. It's a tranquil forest with abandoned buildings and some really drat impressive optional enemies and bosses (the statues and the hydra are really cool the first time 'round. The butterfly is pretty too). I don't know what you think is really missing.

Nasgate posted:

Also, for the Great Hollow, there are two necessary falls, neither of which damage you, and you can run past the curse frogs before they fill their cheeks. I mean yeah it can gently caress you up your first time through, bu that's Dark Souls.

Yeah, but... but... you miss the items (also, I'm bitter because I didn't figure out you didn't need to fall until AFTER I'd climbed back up).

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Nasgate posted:

Wait, you're telling me that you went down the great hollow without a homeward bone or bonfire warp ability?

I have literally never climbed up the hollow.

I did it before I even knew the Lordvessel existed, and I used it to access Ash Lake -- which I rested at and killed the Hydra so Homeword Bone wasn't an option. So yes, I climbed all the way back up.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
While stats and equipment are important, take heart that this isn't really Diablo or something where you're going to be getting loot all the time. Aside from a few weapons and items here and there, most of the armor and weapons in the game come from a random corpse in a random corner of a random room somewhere and there's exactly one set per playthrough. You can get through the game with practically any armor (rings are more important though), though if you've found it, occasionally switching out can soften the blows a little (such as poison resist gear for Blighttown).

Don't really worry about getting new armor. Also bear in mind that except for certain (imo) rather gimmicky sets of armor and build combinations, you're not going to really want to rely on your armor absorbing blows for you. That's what your shield, and more preferably, dodging is for. Upgrading your shield and weapon and learning to dodge is bounds to be orders of magnitude more useful that getting new armor.

Unless you just find your armor ugly, in which case look at the Dark Souls wiki and peruse the walkthrough around the burg and you should be able to find a set sooner or later to change into.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Shima Honnou posted:

However, there's a caveat to the "anything can work" rule there. That is that, while anything can work, you might not have the skills required to make it work. That's where knowing what actually makes a given item good comes into play. Poise is one of those things - that's THE most important stat on any given armor piece, followed by resistances. Likewise, stability is the most important stat on any shield, followed by how much it blocks (You want a higher number for physical blocking, etc). For weapons it's a little different, since they don't tell you how much poise damage those do or anything like that, but a rule of thumb is that you can make any weapon work for you if you keep it as upgraded as you can. With weapons, your main focus should be looking at their movesets and whether you like them, followed by the scaling on the weapon - the higher the letter grade, the more damage the weapon gains from your relevant stats.

Honestly, for shields I find passive effects more important than anything. Grass Crest Shield 4 Lyfe.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Shima Honnou posted:

You also have immediate access to the Estoc, the Falchion and Murakumo (Via skeleton drops in the graveyard, pretty rare though and they're hard to kill at the beginning), the Zweihander, the Winged Spear, and the Morningstar, if you find those particular items - just gotta explore and possibly take some risks to do that. But, what's Dark Souls without risk?

If you're truly masochistic, you also have a good shot at the Claymore (which is my favorite weapon for being a greatsword with a low str requirement to one hand and a strong attack that can be used in tight hallways). I personally use a magic/occult Claymore with a primarily int/end character. That way I can have spells and an awesome weapon.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Where's a good spot/enemy to learn parrying on? And any parry tips? I've never tried it as the few times I did at the very beginning I essentially killed myself.

Learning from the Hollow Soldiers in the burg is the easiest. Honestly, the only advice I can give is don't care if you die. Death in this game is cheap, and unless you're doing an unedited LP of the game (god forbid), it doesn't really matter if you die over and over. Just dump all your souls into goodies and kill yourself by failing to parry a bunch. Then you'll eventually stop failing at parrying and you'll be happy.

Well, until you get to an enemy with a new attack pattern and have to learn the parry frames again, then the cycle starts anew.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Helios Grime posted:

Is it wrong from me to think that all those unwritten PvP rules are incredibly spergy? Why shouldn't I be able to use everything that I have to kill an invader. This is Super Smash Bros Tournament Rules all over again.

Havel only, SL 120, Anor Londo?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
So I heard curse doesn't stack anymore, is that true? If so, that completely ruins my challenge run idea (which in all honesty I would probably never actually get around to) of intentionally reducing my max HP to 1 by intentionally cursing myself over and over.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Shima Honnou posted:

Lost Izalith. You cannot get through it without damage, under any circumstance, since I'm pretty sure the lava even with the ring always does something like 3hp a tic. Except for maybe the shortcut, but I've never actually gotten that to even open after paying Quelaag's Sister over 30 humanity.

Apparently the trigger isn't just 30 humanity, it's 30 humanity THEN beat a boss (any boss). At least the wiki sez.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I'm pretty sure that's just more Wiki rear end-talking. It's much more likely that the game just needs you to do one of those "state transition" things, like how you get the gold golem to spawn. Just rest at a bonfire or menu->quit game and everything.

I'm pretty sure that when I did the shortcut that one time I didn't have to kill a boss because I had already killed all of the relevant ones!

To be fair, the Wiki says that it's not "the trigger" so much as "a workaround to a bug that sometimes occurs where the shortcut won't open."

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Read posted:

It's situated at a weird angle to the rest of the room, and looks like it doesn't fit in. That's your clue. Apart from that, all mimics have a chain tail pointing out instead of curved back and will subtly breathe and move if you watch carefully.

Also, I believe they have a slightly different colored texture, but it's be pretty difficult to notice unless you'd already figured out it was a mimic.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Trynant posted:

A small note about mimics and how Dark Souls has some weird little tricks: you can throw Lloyd's Talisman at a mimic and it will stun them. You can open the chest normally while they're hit by it.

You can also do that + quit/reload (or go back to bonfire, can't recall) to grind for their rare drop.

Cycloneman posted:

Oh, I haven't had any trouble with them since the first one. But the first one is like complete BS, you're just strolling through Sen's and you see a chest and open it and then you die.

The worst part is that it's after a very long string of safe (well, safe for Dark Souls) areas with a bunch of safe chests. I'm not sure if their intention was to lull you into a false sense of security or make your more paranoid. The funniest part is that both are perfectly normal reactions.

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jul 26, 2012

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Radio Paranoia posted:

They admitted that they don't really know what they're doing with the PC port and even if you have a thousand dollar leet gaming rig, Blighttown lag is still going to ruin your day.

Performance-wise, is 360 programming really all that different from PC? I know the PS3 is different because of all the cell processor optimization bullshit, but isn't the 360 basically just a 2004 computer with (presumably) a few fancy game-specific library functions thrown in? I can't imagine that a direct port of the 360 code would run slowly on a modern PC, though I could see the reverse happening easily due to less RAM, slower processor etc.

Granted, the most I've ever programmed on the 360 was the dinkiest little XNA application ever so I really don't know.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Well, the 360 (and the PS3) runs on a PowerPC versus the PCs X86/64 architecture which means they have different instruction sets and need reworking. The 360 is more of a super souped-up Mac from 2004. The graphics on a 360 though are a version of DirectX so that should be a bit easier.

Yeah, but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that they didn't write the whole thing in assembly, so assuming they have the dough to drop on a good compiler I can't imagine that the optimization would be that much different. In general, a program written in a good style will work equally well across architectures. Platform-dependence snafus certainly happen, but they're usually so minor (in terms of code volume) that they should either barely effect performance, or be something that can be rewritten pretty quickly and handily.

I mean, it's not like they should have to design the entire loot database system or something, maybe just rewrite a function or two.

I guess netcode could be tricky if GFWL is too dissimilar to XBL for some reason though, I guess.

ETA: And I know some games do use %asm% blocks for performance reasons, but they're typically a proportionally small amount of code and porting them to another architecture shouldn't be that performance damaging even if it's one foreign to the programmers.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Speaking of scaling, what's the deal with the Moonlight Greatsword? It seems in every way inferior to upgrading something to enchanted +5 to me. If you're wielding a weapon whose primary draw is S int scaling you probably have 45+ int. The benefit seems completely useless unless you're fighting something completely immune to physical damage, because if they take both physical and magic damage both Magic+10 and Enchanted+5 are going to do more damage total. In fact, a Magic +0 beats out a Moonlight +5 before scaling if the creature takes full unmitigated damage.

Is S scaling just way more potent than I think it is compared to A scaling, or is a good Enchanted +5 weapon a better choice for a high int character than the Moonlight Greatsword + 5? (Purely damage wise, ignoring attack pattern and all that other stuff that usually matters, assume the player is equally comfortable with both attack patterns).

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
They could make it a separate track, like some heavy armor has high poise and other has high resistance (and some a moderate amount of both). Heck, you could even make two upgrade tracks for armor that focus on one or the other. Then balance the areas so some areas prefer resistance while some favor poise.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Allan Assiduity posted:

I took the Master Key as well, and I think it gets you the Bonfire in the Depths early - unless it's opened with another key I just didn't have at the time, can't quite recall.

Yeah, but that key is literally right down the hallway I think.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
So I just realized -- is it possible to completely skip the Taurus Demon/Drake Bridge/Armored Boar section? Say I have the Master Key, I go down the elevator in Firelink, plop out in the Valley of Drakes, run to the elevator to Darkroot Basin, run back through the Garden, and come up in the Parish by Andre. Is that possible? The only limiting factor I can think of is if the Darkroot Basin elevator has to be activated from the Basin before use.

ETA: And then if you take the back entrance to Blighttown, I don't think you even need to kill the Capra Demon or go to the Lower Burg at all (meaning you literally never have to go near the Boar/Drake/Taurus Demon).

Now that I think about it, that means you can literally skip the entire Undead Burg, and only do the Parish, should you wish.

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 3, 2012

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Well that was great, I've had bad framerate drops on this game before, but this was ridiculous. On the bridge to Priscilla's chamber in The Painted World today the game just... stopped. The PS3 XMB menu worked fine (albeit a tiny bit laggy), but DS just... stopped. I'm glad I didn't quit, because after what was at least a minute and a half or so it suddenly started again (and luckily I was watching or I wouldn't have blocked that arrow that was in mid-flight when the game ground to a halt).

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Man, with all the hate it gets I feel like such a damned munchkin using the DWGR. I only PVE, and I don't use it because it's good. I use it because it's makes my jump look cooler. The whole equip load/invincibility frames/faster roll thing is just sugar.

Maybe that just makes me a 7 year old ("I use Charizard because Charizard is THE BEST!") instead of a munchkin. But hey, Medieval Dressup Simulator.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
My lack of vit is finally starting to catch up with me. Super Ornstein can one shot me with what seems to be his basic attack. Through my shield (Grass Crest +10).

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

gwaaargh posted:

I'm assuming that the crow that carries you from the Undead Asylum is responsible for those monsters, I just don't want to know how.

You see, son, when a crow and a hollow love each other very much...

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
So for a high int character (40 and growing), what would serve me better, a +5 Enchanted Claymore, or a +10/+15 with Greater Magic Weapon (don't have access to Crystal yet). At least as a crutch until Moonlight Greatsword. For PvE, not PvP.

I'm still on Ornstein and Smough, I tried Queelag's Furysword, but at 40 int, my Magic Claymore +5 seems to just outdamage it ridiculously, even on the "fire weak" bosses, granted I've been mainly relying on Great Chaos Fireball, Great Combustion etc with a Flame +10 in the fight (having trouble gaguing when Ornstein is sufficiently "blocked enough" from Smough to make attacking Smough safe, Phase 2 having trouble with Ornstein hitting me through pillars and the weird hitbox of his Spear which seems to sometimes hit me while I'm under him when the game feels like it).

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Aug 11, 2012

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Mighty Dicktron posted:

A few things, then. The main reason +15 is better than Enchanted is so you can take advantage of a +15 weapon's scaling and then buff it further. So you'll have to tell us your Strength and Dexterity as well to get a good answer for that one. If just enough to use the sword (which I recommend if you're going to be using the MLGS) then Enchanted +5, definitely.

A thing to note about Quelaag's Furysword: that fucker's a chaos weapon, so unless you have 10 humanity it's not dealing as much damage as it could.

Yeah, Str 16, Dex 13 (just barely enough), so Enchanted +5 it is then. Thanks.

Also, I knew it was a chaos weapon, but I'd always heard that the scaling was pathetic, so figured I'd barely get more damage by pumping humanities. As it is, going to +10 in such a high-risk situation isn't worth it, oh well, wasn't like I was going to use that Shotel for anything else.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Yay, beat Ornstein and Smough (with Solaire, no flasks and 1 HP left after killing Super Ornstein) today. Then rocked Sif's face with Homing Soul Mass in one shot, then beat Four Kings in three tries.

I realized that the Four Kings basically relied on you taking too long, along with making it semi-difficult to damage rush them. For people too far away you take a lot of tip damage from the sword, close up and you get hit and knocked down a lot.

I'm mostly a mage (well... spellsword what with my Enchanted Claymore, but mostly Light/Med armor), and yet the strategy "Equip Havel's and stay up in their grill attacking whenever you have any stamina, heal through everything" worked flawlessly, with ROFaP granted, even with my pathetic 18 vit.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Overbite posted:

Anyone have any protips for Four Kings? I can kill the first one but I just cant do enough damage to kill the second before the third and fourth come out. I'm using a Flame Claymore +5. I think this is impossible for me to do with this weapon.

Equip your beefiest armor (Havel's if you have it) and just stand as close as you can attacking literally whenever you have stam -- making sure you hit them of course, distance in the abyss can get a bit tricky to gauge, and the Four Kings have a habit of moving or hitting you in a way that you start facing totally the wrong way. Grass Crest Shield or those green leaf items are good.

Heal through the pain with estus (or whatever healing you want, I don't think using divine blessings or humanity is worth it, though). Keep above half/three quarter health or so in case you get grabbed or AOE'd (which in Havel's you probably shouldn't even bother trying to dodge).

I only had 18 vit and RoFAP, and survived even the super moves pretty easily, so I can't see this failing too badly unless you've literally never touched vit as a stat.

Catsplosion posted:

Do we still have a dupe mule for the PS3?

I'm curious about this as well, I'm wanting to get some Hero souls or something to cut down on the monotony of continuous grinding.

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 12, 2012

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Novum posted:

Personally I just dupe dungpies myself and feed them to Frampt. He likes poop.

e: on a completely different note, can anyone confirm for me that you can or can not buff enemy NPCs with the trident dance if you're a red phantom? I might have to try that later. Seems like an interesting way to be an rear end in a top hat.

Yeah, about that... I just placed the Lordvessel with Kaathe :downs:.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Snoop Rocket posted:

That doesn't make sense, Gwynevere is just an illusion.

It's unclear whether Gwynevere is wholly illusory, and the lore about her is an epic misinformation campaign by Gwyndolin, or if there is a real Gwynevere that went off, left Anor Londo, and married the Flame God Flann while Gwyndolin decided to use an illusory replica to dupe travelers into furthering his plans.

However, it does poke a hole in the theory of the painting being in the Anor Londo cathedral due to Gwenevere I guess.

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Aug 13, 2012

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

DiscreteContinuum posted:

More or less what I've seen and decided is that there was an in depth pantheon in Anor Londo, Gwynevere was married to the god of fire. When Gwyn went crazy the rest of the pantheon left except Gwyndolin, who created the illusion to get the chosen undead to do his work.

Yeah, I think the Occam's Razor answer is that there is a Gwynevere out there... somewhere. For one, Gwyndolin would have had to commission all of those statues of her, then for a few centuries spread lore about his sister until people believed she existed. Gwyndolin is a manipulative magnificent bastard, but the evidence for this bit of trickery just isn't there. Still, since Gwyndolin is the kind of person I could see doing such a thing, I'm willing to leave open the admittedly tiny possibility that Gwynevere never even existed.

zerojake posted:

The other theory and the one I believe is that the father being Seath, the mother is Dusk of Oolacile. Seath traps women for some purpose, and Dusk being the only one old enough to have been around at the birth of a now-adult dragon lady. More evidence being that Priscilla has illusory magic much like Dusk and the 'gentle magic' of Oolacile.

I like this one the most. However, there doesn't really even have to be a "mother" of sorts. I mean, Priscilla has a mother and a father, obviously, but given the myriad of things in the Duke's Archives, I can believe that she was a perfectly normal little girl who got Magic'd to that form.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

GreatGreen posted:

The performance issues are just fine with me. I mean yeah it's not ideal, but as long as it performs exactly as well or better than the console version, I'm cool.

However, GFWL is a gigantic, cumbersome pain in the rear end and it very well could just up and decide to delete that 70-hour save game file of yours for no reason whatsoever and quite frankly that's just something I'm not willing to risk with a game like Dark Souls.

GFWL is a pain, but with the performance and resolution issues, I'm fairly confident that with DkS's fanbase there's going to be a hack for that within weeks of release.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Ciaphas posted:

GFWL is a weird mixed bag for me. It made Batman: Arkham Asylum a loving nightmare to run, but it made Dawn of War II a beautifully seamless multiplayer experience for me. So I'ma wait and see. :shobon:

I do wonder though, does it using GFWL mean that PC users and 360 users can crosstalk in DS? I expect the answer will be no, but that'd be neat.

While I'm at it, what makes people so sure that this game will be eminently moddable/hackable? Just because it's on PC? I wouldn't mind a mod to boost the render resolution, for sure, but it makes me worry that that'll mean insta-cast WoGs or something online :ohdear:

Any PC game is moddable or hackable, the question is the difficulty of doing so. How long it takes to get the hacks working is dependent on how the resolution is set. Using a .ini or .config file like Unreal 3 games, or even a registry entry could make it possible within hours of release. If it's hard coded (like the FPS limit probably is), then it will take significantly longer, but it's still theoretically possible to pull off (probably via a special launcher like the Skyrim high address aware programs).

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Orv posted:

You can send messages between XBox and GFWL accounts I believe, but that's about it. I could even be wrong about that.

Cross play is possible, Shadowrun did it. Netcode-wise it worked fine, the only issues there were the differences between PC and Console controls.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Hooray, just got Logan's cell key in the Duke's Archives!

Boo, I'm completely lost getting back to the drat tower from the secret library :sigh:. I kind of know where to go, but for some reason going against the grain in this area seems oddly harder than going forward for once.

Is Seath still in the top of the tower if I haven't killed him? Can I just warp back to Anor Londo, get curbstomped by him again and cheese my way back to the tower that way?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Calaveron posted:

Doesn't the trailer show off a fight with Seath? It's probably related to all the Dusk fuckery.

The trailer also has the Hydra, and I'm too busy to check which ones, but I think also a few other bosses from the main game (was Ceaseless in there)? It was a PC trailer, not a DLC trailer so it makes sense they'd show off a little more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

AllisonByProxy posted:

SL 1 update: Made it to Anor Londo but these archers are pissing me off. Time to take a break.

Riposting is probably the best option for an SL1 run. Sprint up the bridge, wait until they stop shooting, rush the one on the right side, using rolling invincibility frames to dodge the arrows, then riposte the sword swipe.

• Locked thread