Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leonje
Apr 10, 2005

I roll with my kitties and I'm hard as fuck.

General_Failure posted:

Can anyone tell me a good music player? Doesn't need to be fancy. It's just the stock one really gives me the shits. If I feel like playing a specific song it clobbers the rest of the playlist so I have to screw around to get it all playing again. I just want non retarded jumping to a track. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

Obligatory PowerAmp plug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

Evil Vin posted:

So I just got a notice for Swype Beta wanting to update but when I download it, it says "Please click to begin", but doing that does nothing. Anyone else having issues?

Took a while for it to do anything for me, just be patient and it should do something.

Any idea what it actually updates?

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

fuf posted:

Is there a way to see all the apps that are on sale right now?

And do people have specific recommendations?

I don't really know how to find good apps. All the various "top" lists on the play store always seem to be cartoony games that I'm not really interested in.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.tsapps.appsales&hl=en

Been using this for a couple of months, it's pretty decent.

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

fuf posted:

That seems perfect, thanks.

(ps. are you the leonje who was in a dod clan called gnvq? I was nx :shobon:)

why, yes. hello nation of eggs!

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

Is there an SMS app that will allow me to keep my SMS in conversation view but will show a single SMS if I select it?

I hate the inbox mode in some apps and when I show people my messages, I'd rather they only saw the one in want them to!

I am currently using chompSMS as was mentioned in the thread earlier and really like it. Am I missing a setting somewhere or will I need to use an alternative?

E: if it helps, I am on a rooted gnex (UK style)

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

Propaganda Panda posted:

Any suggestions for a bit torrent client? I've scanned the thread but couldn't find any.

tTorrent is pretty good for me.

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

I have my work shifts in my calendar and rather than forgetting to set my alarm I'd like an automated alarm based on any Google Calendar events called "work".

Is such a thing possible?

E: I have tasker if that helps

leonje fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 5, 2012

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

Teeter posted:

Not sure if it was a feature of Touchwiz or not, but I used to love how my SGS3 had app shortcuts show up in the notification screen whenever headphones were plugged in. Now that I just flashed to CM10 I'm missing this feature. Does anyone have a solution?

Use poweramp! :)

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

DemonMage posted:

Wait, how does a music player help with conditionally putting app shortcuts in the notification shade? I can't think of an app that replicates this offhand actually, as yes that was a part of TouchWiz.

I forgot how to read, my bad.

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

baka kaba posted:

Wait til you swipe out the side menu and oops not far enough, you just swipe deleted a track from your playlist.

Then you look for the undo popup like in gmail. There isn't one

Christ, this is the worst thing about Play Music for me. Drives me insane.

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

So Canada, Australia and the UK now have access to Google survey thing.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.paidtasks

Got my first 50p burning a hole in my pocket.

leonje fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Apr 4, 2014

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yes really. That's like saying a razor scooter is the same as a 747 because they both take people from point A to point B.

In other news, holy hell Facebook made it a pain in the rear end to view your timeline in order. It's now buried under the right hand tab half way down and as far as I can tell it can't be set as a default.

Menu - edit favorites (towards the bottom) - add most recent - drag most recent up the order

Can't set as default but at least it's at the top of the right tab now.

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

AnimalChin posted:

My facebook app just had an update and now I can't find how to sort my newsfeed by most recent. Did they just flat out remove that option all together?

I wish I could get everyone to switch over to g+

I posted how just up the page :)

Or rather I posted how to make it more easily accessible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leonje
Apr 10, 2005

Is it just me or is it throwing up a lot of "something went wrong" errors for anyone else?

• Locked thread