Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I love how this makes M.O.D.O.K. look threatening and silly at the same time.

I'm fairly certain this is from Villain Team-Up: M.O.D.O.K.'s 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

His first appearances, several parts of MODOK's 11, the new MODOK in Jeff Parker's Hulk, his part in Greg Pak's Hulk stories, etc. I'm having more trouble thinking of times where he wasn't threatening.

He was used as a comic relief villain in the late 90s and most of the 2000s. Though even then they still made him fairly threatening. But If you want to see MODOK in full silly, look for M.O.D.O.K.: Reign Delay.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Captain Marvel (Vol 3) #4

I'm just waiting for this scene to come back to haunt Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Uthor posted:

I started reading the Rocket Raccoon: Guardian of the Keystone Quadrant HC. All this is from the first issue. I'm not including much context because it honestly won't help it make more sense.

Hulk gets woken up by a robotic lawn mower and smashes, alerting the authorities.

Then, a flashback to Earth. I just don't know.

Finally, they make it to space (this could be in the badass panels thread).

Incredible Hulk 271

I've been looking everywhere to find this. I actually just finished reading Rocket's own mini series. It's like some bizarre fairy tale with amazing artwork.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Sweatshirt advertisement

Doom was at his finest in these old advertisements.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Shawn posted:

http://www.stylinonline.com/long-sleeve-shirt-hulk-here-comes.html

Seems out of stock at the moment and only comes in 2 sizes that probably won't fit most goons. (Including me)

I am really upset that the sizes aren't listed as "Monstrous" and "Gargantuan" on that site.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

You'd think Jameson would find it appropriate that he'd be related to a rage powered hero.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Max's response in the last panel always gets me.

Pretty sure this was from Mini Marvels.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Defiance Industries posted:

Isn't he always pretending to be Bruce Wayne, though? Pretty sure Batman is the real personality.

Thats what it seems like. I remember a more recent story where he was on an internet forum typing a detailed argument on why he can only be Bruce Wayne while Nightwing typed out counter-arguements in the same forum.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

And with all of that, I think I'm finally going to start reading Dial H now.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

From Marvel Adventures: Super Heroes #5

The best part is that this is actually the major plot point that leads to Dormammu's downfall.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I don't even want them to take out Sonic and Megaman. I'm totally cool with them losing to their heroes, together, and just staying bros. Either still working together, or going their own way and just knocking back drinks together in the wake of defeats.

As badly as I want this to be the case, I'm more or less expecting this to end with the two arguin with each other as the plan starts to fall apart. Best case scenario I'm expecting is the two being locked out of the others universes and the two of them acting like they just lost a lover or something.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

M.O.D.O.K. Reign Delay

The entire book was silly, but this is probably my favorite part of it.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Hakkesshu posted:

Another from Avengers: Enemy Within. Jessica is great in this issue.

I never really paid much attention to Spider Woman before, but now I'm interested.
Is she usually like this?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Gavok posted:

In the Injustice game, when you activate the Clash Wager between Black Adam and Superman, they have this dialogue:

Black Adam: My power equals yours!
Superman: Nobody's does!

Though to keep with the funny and be on-topic, the Clash Wager dialogue between Green Arrow and Killer Frost:

Green Arrow: How's your sister, Hoar?
Killer Frost: You are so dead.

As far as Injustice Clash Wager banter goes, my favorite will always be:
Aquaman: What makes you think you could beat me?
Superman: I'm Superman.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

A+X #8

I didn't really expect this team up to work so well, but it did.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 22, 2013

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Madrox posted:

To make up for that, here is some stuff from Scarlet Spider #17 featuring Aracely. Aracely is the quirky girl Kaine rescued early in the series. She has some odd abilities, and might be an incarnation of an Aztec deity but whatevs...

Before I scrolled up a little and saw who that was, I thought this was a team-up between the Scarlet Spider and Gamora.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

As long as we're still on Taskmaster.

Agent X #6

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

RaspberryCommie posted:

Hell, Buster Rod G was on that page.

And he only appeared in Megaman the Wily Wars on Sega Genesis. At least Magic Man was on a decently popular game.

Wasn't there an issue that referenced the non-canon, Japan only Wonderswan game with the duplicate of Quint as the final boss.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Here's just a couple among many hilarious moments in this one.
(For reference, Venom is trying to convince Spider-Man to let him be a sidekick under the Lethal Protector persona.)

Marvel Adventures: Spider-Man #35

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Rhyno posted:

We already had Mini Marvels and it was awesome. But then they decided to kill it in favor of Super Hero Squad.

Not too bad of a trade off. Though SHS didn't exactly have Mini Marvel's charm it was still a fun series.

Also

Dacap posted:

Kelly Sue DeConnick posted this on Tumblr:

Taken form Hawkeye 11

That is the most wonderful thing I've seen all week.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Nova #6

I just can't stop laughing at that facial expression.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Kharmakazy posted:

Why is deadpool suddenly in a blacksploitation film?

It's another "lost" issue that pokes fun at Luke Cage's 70s run.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

prefect posted:

Oh. :blush:

(I was a Marvel zombie, so I thought New Mutants was the origin of Liefeld.)

Nope. In fact one of the main reasons he made Deadpool was because he wanted to use Deathstroke again.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Thor 3 better be a direct adaptation of this issue.

The Mighty Thor #269

Clearly these writers knew just which foes were worthy of facing the God of Thunder.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

caboodle posted:

When I picked up the first issue and there was no Richard Ryder, I was a little bit sick in my mouth :-(

The letters section from pretty much every issue hints (with the subtlty of a brick) that Rider will return soon.
For now, just enjoy this. The replacement is actually pretty good.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Gatts posted:

I hope if Richard Ryder returns, he comes in on a space horse and uses it as transportation. The Surfer has a board, so let's get a horse that gallops through space.

I'm now picturing him riding through space on a golden unicorn that leaves a rainbow trail in its wake. I don't care how idiotic that sounds, I want this to happen now.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Spikey posted:

He looks kinda like Viewtiful Joe.

Funny thing. In Marvel vs Capcom 3, both Joe and Nova (Rich) point this out.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

John Dyne posted:

Disney decided one of the best uses of the Marvel franchise was to cross it over with Phineas and Ferb for a one hour special called Mission Marvel.

I whole heartedly agree.

I remember when that thing was first announced. As all the fanboys were screaming at Disney and Jeph Loeb for "trying to destroy Marvel by throwing Disney poo poo in" (even though this was Marvel being thrown in a Disney show), I just focused on one thing about that trailer.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

John Dyne posted:

I'd like to point out that, when the Marvel heroes are rescued by Perry the Platypus, Spiderman asks if he was Howard the Duck. I don't know why but it kills me to hear Howard the Duck actually loving referenced at all.

That and the fact that literally none of the characters which are supposed to be some of the most intelligent in the Marvel universe know what the gently caress a platypus is.

What kills me even more is when they confuse Red Skull with Ghost Rider.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Metal Loaf posted:

Sure, throughout "The Night Gwen Stacy Died", Peter persistently refers to Gwen as "my woman", doesn't he? "You killed my woman, Osborn!" and so forth.

I forget when that story was written, but wasn't that the way people generally referred to their boy/girl friends back then?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

I really want to think that Doom is a closet cinephile now, with his personal theater inside Castle Von Doom, getting all of Hollywood's films shipped directly to Latvaria. And I'm picturing him sitting there with his bucket of popcorn and giant soda, loving every minute of it.

He is openly a Star Trek fan. At least he is in the Adventures line.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

muscles like this? posted:

Once again, Strange Adventures lives up to its title.

Which is it? An endless staircase or does it go somewhere? C'mon Stan get it together.

It goes somewhere, but he doesn't have enough stars yet.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Nova's name might be in the title of the book, but I think the real star of Nova #8 was Speedball.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

KoldPT posted:

What kind of drugs do the Allreds take? I want some.

Wanda and Vision look adorable, but what the hell is Angel doing?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Avulsion posted:

Source is Astonishing Tales - Bobby and Sam in Mojoworld 1-6

I wonder if they made the Anti-Regs wear the confederate uniforms just to see all the black heroes in confederate uniforms.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

It's relatively subtle, but I got a good laugh out of this cover.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Angry Walrus posted:

Wow. Spock is actually really funny. I might have to read his stuff that isn't Dan Slott.

Yeah, Slott knows how to make SpOck an rear end in a top hat, but other writers really know how to have fun with him. Hell, my favorite Superior Spidy moments were his appearances in Daredevil and Nova's books.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Are you kidding me, the cinematography and script were a lot more angsty than the occasional melodramatic outbursts in the raimi films. I expected the screen to fade to black and white and rain to start pouring half the time Peter was onscreen.

You expect him to be all smiles right after his uncle dies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Urdnot Fire posted:

Yup, that panel fits this thread pretty well (source is Injustice #17):

Gary Busey makes an interesting Batman.

• Locked thread