Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Don't have access to Facebook at the moment, but has that ridiculous "23 reasons why Chris Benoit didn't do it" states that's going around been posted yet? It's glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

As awesome as she may be, there is no group of people with a bigger persecution complex on Facebook than people with tattoos.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Gus Hobbleton posted:

I still don't understand these. Do people spreading these things around get ad revenue based on how many times something is shared and liked, or do they just want to see how far their post can spread, or do they get their rocks off on having a bunch of followers or what? What is the point of these things?

A lot are fronts for phishing. They send everyone a message that they're the "winner" with a link to a fake FB login page.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

NightWig posted:

He's also one of those dudes who dress with a hat and likes to think of himself as fancy and chivalrous. Then he posts poo poo like this

Quite an easy start, because he hasn't been massively active since the new year started.
MY SISTER posted this one. I was flabbergasted. I also have another female friend that posts "BUT I'M A NICE GUY!" memes all the time. It's mind boggling.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Atmus posted:

Are they serious about it, or mocking it?

Serious. My sister went on this long rant in the comments about how women need to quit being bitches.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

davebo posted:

Every time she makes a post, just go to the comments and put "Matthew:6:5-6" and see how she responds.

Holy poo poo thank you for this.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

The amount of white people complaining about Richard Sherman on social media right now is AMAZING. Wow.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Douginc posted:

I don't know how to use Twitter, but I'm fascinated, any chance you could post the highlights? Black man is proud of himself and outward about it, he must be a terrible human being.

Haven't done any in-depth looking yet, I'm just going by all the people I follow on Twitter & Facebook. I'll try to get some if I get the chance.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

This is the from Sherman thread in Football Funhouse:

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

community ham boil posted:

I really hate poo poo like this. It's so scummy to make this sort of stuff up, and what do they even stand to gain from it? But so many people seem to fall for it. On my feed a few months back, this woman who is a PhD student shared one of these things('the cheap cancer cure that the US government doesnt want you to know about!') and I couldn't believe it. She seemed so smart, but she'll share bizarre, obviously false things like this every once and a while.

From a few pages back, but what was the one that was going around about making homemade crystals that would actually release deadly fumes to try and trick people into killing themselves?

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Unbootable posted:

I finally have something to contribute to this thread.

The picture in question that was reported was her breastfeeding her child in the hospital with her full breast in view. I personally think nudity isn't a huge deal, but holy poo poo what a reaction from having a picture reported.

As in her nipple was exposed, or was a baby latched on to each breast? Cause she says tandem feeding, which makes it sound like she was feeding on both. Getting pissy about seeing babies breast feeding, and reporting an image for it is ridiculous.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I've seen this picture before, and the thing that always bugged me about it is her posture. It just looks so stiff. I mean, I'm sure the ground is uncomfortable, but if I were grief stricken over the loss of my husband, I probably wouldn't be stick-straight, lying prone on his grave. I donno, it just seems really odd to me.

Pretty sure she's praying, not sobbing uncontrollably.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I haven't seen anyone actually post this anywhere, but Louis CK just tweeted out that he never said this about immigrants:

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

A kaboob hit Texas (duststorm), local news uses that term, and Texans lost their god drat minds: http://aattp.org/haboob-hating-texans-have-racist-facebook-meltdown-over-routine-weather-update-screenshots/

quote:

Judy Sumpter since when do we need to apply Muslim vocabulary to a good ole AMERICAN dirt storm?? Did we move the country or what. I take great offence to such terminology! GO B ACK TO CALLNG THEM DIRT STORMS !!

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

"Hello, this is the Secret Service..."

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

The poop has come to Canada!

quote:

"Wake-up Call...

SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT !!!

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER
ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER
ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER
ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER
ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER
ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER
ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY
YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE CANADIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET !!!
A JOB,GET A DRIVERS LICENSE, WHETHER YOU CAN DRIVE OR NOT,

SOCIAL INSURANCE CARD,WELFARE,CREDIT CARDS,
SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
FREE EDUCATION,FREE HEALTH CARE,
A LOBBYIST IN OTTAWA

MILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE

THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT

AND, IN MANY INSTANCES, YOU CAN VOTE.

�..and after 10 years of residency you get OLD AGE PENSION and then can leave and go back where you came from and collect it for life!!!!
I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION!!!
PLEASE KEEP THIS GOING......FORWARD TO ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS & FAMILY IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP CANADA and quit giving our country away."

can only reply with one thing: I wish every day we were like North Korea.

I REALLY wish this would show up on my timeline one time so that I could point out all the countries they're inferring have good illegal immigration policies are either communist, or Muslim (not that Muslim is inherently bad, but you know how conservatives can be).

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

A friend on Facebook has been posting screenshots of various graffiti from the new Infamous game as commentary on government overreach (he's libertarian).

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I mentioned it earlier, but now with pictures: A friend on Facebook keeps posting pictures of graffiti from the new Infamous game as social commentary (he's libertarian)

quote:

A lackey for "The Man" gets shafted by the same system he defends. This game actually makes you think about reality at times.

quote:

Speaks for itself.

No. No, I don't think it does.

quote:

Big bfother [sic] is cranky cause his truck Isn't the deluxe model.

Orgophlax has a new favorite as of 13:58 on Mar 24, 2014

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The (sp) in the last one is what gets me, like he thinks "brother" is spelled with an F, but he's not quite sure.

No, that was added by me. I just realized I should've used [sic].

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Except that Wendy, Michael, and John all went back home, returned to Neverland numerous times, and grew old fine.

Oh also, in the original play/novel, Wendy brought all the Lost Boys home with her for her mother to adopt (who all grew old fine, with Wendy eventually marrying one of them).

Boom.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

FrozenVent posted:

How dumb do you have to be to just text your wife her PIN? Why would you even know it?

While I agree texting their PIN is dumb, I'm not sure why you think spouses wouldn't know each other's info.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Patchouli Patrol posted:

I don't know whether this is malice, idiocy or social tone-deafness.

I think they're liking the "May she find peace and painlessness at last." bit.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Apogee15 posted:

Tax can vary greatly state to state, and sometimes even county to county or city to city. I would like it for sales tax to be included in the sticker price, but it's not really very feasible with our tax system.

POS systems already have the proper sales tax programmed in, so that when an item is rung up it is properly applied. There is no reason the other computer system that prints the price stickers (which is usually done at the store, not at the shipping location) can't do the same.

EDIT: The proper answer, is so that they can advertise products for "under $5" when priced at $4.99.

Orgophlax has a new favorite as of 15:39 on Apr 17, 2014

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

This is(was?) actually true. Not sure if BPA has been mostly voluntarily removed now or not, but this was definitely a thing at one point.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

taiyoko posted:

Someone on my feed who usually is pretty awesome posted this today:

Goddamnit.

Well, there is an argument to be made for over-diagnosis (which is where I thought that was going at first), especially in kids, but implying all mental health problems are made up is pretty terrible, yeah.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Double Plus Good posted:

What the gently caress kind of point is Max Emum trying to make?

That the house wife, who is also an addict, isn't labeled one since her drugs were legit prescribed by a doctor, regardless of how it was acquired.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

FrozenVent posted:

I was away from civilization when the Tebauw thing went down, was there any kind of opposition to it, at all?

There wasn't opposition, but a lot of people made fun of it, and Tebowing became a thing for a while. The only reason anyone said anything was because of how in your face about his religion he was all the time. Almost every interview he had to mention it in some way.

Some people tried to make the correlation from Tebow to Michael Sam when he came out, saying "Why do I have to hear about him being gay when everyone complained about Tebow being religious." Because I doubt Sam will mention he's gay every chance he gets?

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Wendell posted:

Does it matter at all that King Louie was voiced by a white singer named Louis Prima who was basically playing himself?

Of course not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I thought their bacon was already cooked, and they were merely rewarming it?

• Locked thread