Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
You forgot the first Shield show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTR8x3jpDdQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

The point of naming him Tommy Merlyn is so that he can be related to that other Merlyn. :flashfact:

It was also a red herring as everyone thought that Tommy was going to turn into a villain like Smallville, but they turned it on its head with Barrowman :argh: Also they named her Speedy and gave her a drug habit, as there have been other Speedys.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Teek posted:

drat Marvel. They're going all out. So that's one 13 episode season guaranteed for each one, and then an eventual mini-series team up for them all? Wonder if that will be one each year, or if they'll be closer together. Otherwise seems odd to get Daredevil first, then wait several years before he shows back up in the team up series.

There is a good chance that they will do things like have Jessica Jones be Matt's bodyguard or he hires her for a case. I assume that Alias might be the last or first one. It could introduce all the characters without focusing on them or have alll the character cameo to get ready for the Defenders.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

All I want from the Iron Fist series is for it to be like The Immortal Iron Fist by Ed Brubaker and Matt Fraction. I also hope we get Fat Cobra on our TVs. I also hope that the Daredevil show will be mostly The Man without Fear and end with some bullseye stuff. I do not think Elektra is needed unless she too will be joining the defenders.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Solaris Knight posted:

I'll give Marvel credit for making a huge Tv initiative when they haven't had much luck for Agents of SHIELD

What do you mean? The show is getting really good ratings.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

Eh, I assumed that Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist were being reserved for other projects, and I'm not sure how well Jessica Jones would fit.

Now, some of their villains... that could be more of an issue.

I assume we will be getting Kingpin and Purple Man at least.
I also assume that the Punisher will be saved for season 2.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

If they're not putting in Strange Kingpin makes the most sense, he can be the big bad behind everything in the solo series, then they all team up to take him out in Defenders. I guess they're just calling it Defenders because that sounds better than Marvel Knights

There is also the fact that they do not have the rights to Silver Surfer. I also think that Strange is getting a movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

Have you not been watching Arrow?

I really like I, Zombie, up until the end when they got cancelled and had to cram a bunch of plot in to the last couple issues.

Yeah the ending was bad as it seemed that they had to bring characters from c-z in order to get the ending that they wanted. Also if they are going to do any Allred series I would rather them do Madman.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

StumblyWumbly posted:

Vertigo doesn't let creators keep their work? Roberson was booted off a DC book for voicing his opinions on Before Watchmen, so I could see this being awkward. It'll probably be a neat show, tho. It has a good episodic formula with a good pool of supernatural bullshit to bring in.

Nope unless its a special case then DC owns the characters.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

StumblyWumbly posted:

If that's true I don't really see any reason to like Vertigo anymore. That news really depresses me.

How is that shocking? DC owns John Constantine, Swamp Thing, The Endless, and basically every other character. It also could be a case where the written under contract and therefore everything he did would be owned by DC.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

404GoonNotFound posted:

Please no. Doop is already dangerously close to becoming as overexposed as Wolverine was in the 90s and Deadpool in the 00s, despite Jason Aaron's best intentions.

How so? He is in one book and he basically just cameos in that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

I don't see why we can't have them all in the 70s - the Luke Cage series being blaxploitation, the Iron Fist series be a Shaw Brothers homage, the Daredevil series be akin to Carnahan's Death Wish-esque take, and Jessica Jones being, uh, Rockford Files? Dirty Harry? I'm not very familiar.

The Jessica Jone's show would be a film noir but with superheroes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I assume they will adapt Man without fear as its perfect for TV or film.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

StumblyWumbly posted:

It's been a while since I read it, but I remember it being too dark. I could see a lot of it working, tho.

The darkest part is the Karen Page poo poo and seeing Matt Murdock going nuts due to the Kingpin, but it ends with him as happy as he can be.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

The thing I don't get is why does Agents of SHIELD need 2 "comic relief scientist with exotic accent" characters?

Since one is going to die midseason or end up being a spy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Wanderer posted:

The problem with Whedon alums is their track rate. His brother Jed's on "Agents of SHIELD," Jane Espenson's got some web show, Marti Noxon is hopefully not coming anywhere near this, and David Greenwalt and Tim Minear have modest reputations as Show Killers.

Jed also was a writer for Spartacus.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Alien Rope Burn posted:

It's getting a bit headscratchy that now we have half the cast right now with secrets that are a big deal, we swear hammered every episode. Tahtiti is a magical place yes I get it. I guess it's the consequence of wanting to be episodic and still have people be able to pick up the ongoing mysteries, the TV equivalent of comic book characters explaining their powers every time they use them.

Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

What's Phil's red queen then?

Captain America cards or the word Tahiti

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

RandomFerret posted:

The only way this eventual 'Coulson is a robot' reveal will be satisfying is if they all turn out to be LMDs and have Tony Stark make a cameo appearance as their designer and programmer to explain why half the dialogue in the show is little strings of rapid-fire quips.

He then turns on their sarcasm and bile mode and they all sound line James Spader and generation 1 Ultrons.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Error 404 posted:

Oh...OH!
I think we know who should play Ultron now.

He has already been cast

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

McSpanky posted:

Ripping off Kirkman? That was a shock twist in an original Star Trek episode. And that writer probably lifted it from something he read in a pulp scifi rag in the 40s.

The real twist would be something like: Coulson gets shot, rack zoom on the wound aaaaand it's bleeding! Someone goes "oh crap, he's human after all. That's a little disappointing..." Then suddenly the blood turns green and Coulson morphs into a SKRULL! *dun dun dunnnnnnnn* I'm so loving clev

goddamnit

If we get the skrulls it better end with them being tricked to becoming cows.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Rumors for a Young Justice Live Action series being developed for the CW

:psyduck: If this is true DC/Warner are going loving insane with the TV series

It sort of makes sense as they are hosed when it comes to competing with Marvel, but they already have a TV foothold.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 2, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dacap posted:

I wonder if they're gonna Bat-embargo this like with the cartoons and keep Robin out of it because of the (rumored) plans to have Nightwing in Batman Vs. Superman

They could also spin it off Arrow and have Arsenal take the Robin role.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Are you saying Warner Brothers could ruin a world-famous franchise? How would they do that?

Space Jam is awesome and I will not hear anyone badmouthing that classic film.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah don't loving talk poo poo about Space Jam.

Never forget
http://www2.warnerbros.com/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kellsterik posted:

I listened to a movie review podcast recently guest featuring Ed Brubaker, and he just very briefly mentioned at the end in response to a question that Winter Soldier was inspired by elements from his run on Captain America. Which surprised me because he...invented the Winter Soldier character. I infer he wasn't really involved in the production.

No Winter Soldier was create by Simon and Kirby. He revamped him, and elements of that are going to be in the movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

StumblyWumbly posted:

Do you mean they created Bucky or is there more to it?

Yeah they created Bucky. Brubaker revamped him and they are using elements of that in the movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Circutron posted:

Fake beard he could velcro to his face. There you go. Perfect disguise.

So you want this?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Vincent posted:

I'm thinking of starting on Arrow, but from what I've read here and other parts of the web, the first season is just bad. Can someone please spoil for me the important parts of season 1 for me or is there a season recap so I can start with season 2?

Season 1 is pretty good. It just starts a little slow and there is one bad arc and thats Huntress.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Moai Ou posted:

We need a Smallville survivor's support group.

Its called Arrow

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

NBC's getting a Constantine pilot

I could dig that, NBC does some good stuff and Constantine is definitely a property that could work as a weekly show

Pair it up with Hannibal.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

Speedy may or may not have been a prostitute. A female prostitute, for clarification. Who was also an underground fight club participant.

You can thank Kevin Smith for this as she was a real character from the book.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Funny enough once they found what they wanted to do with Lois she became a highlight of the show. She worked it was just most everything else failed.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Jensen Ackles also showed up as regular for a season/season and half like an original character who was at first Clark's romantic rival, then a good friend and lastly, a totally crazy guy with a serious oedipus complex who got unceremoniously killed because Ackles had to left the show to do Supernatural.

Smallville really was an awful show :v:

You forgot that was the season that Lana Lane became a witch that knew karate due to getting a tattoo or something.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Part of me doesn't want to believe half the stuff I'm reading, but another part of me wants to know more awful poo poo about Smallville.

You should have some Stride Gum as it give you superpowers. Stride Gum the gum of superheroes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

A rave. A rave in a fully operational gum factory. WHY?

You forgot that it was a Onerepublic concert and Pete Ross was a roadie. Funny enough that is the last time he is mentioned on the show really since he got in trouble for selling Oxycodone

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

JT Smiley posted:

Looks like I'm gonna spend the rest of the night watching clips on Youtube. Thanks for nothing dicks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yqhp14hyyQ

Not sure if this happened on the show or in real life....

The character was a roadie in the STRIDE episode. I was talking about how in the final season they do not mention Pete Ross or show him in flashbacks (you hear him once) due to the actor getting arrested.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I want Powers and Gotham Central :argh: You would think these police procedural would be the easiest ones to make.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 14, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I liked how Darksied was actually defeated Clark flew through him and poof

You forgot to mention that Aquaman showed up for a few minutes out of the whole series. I remember him blowing up an oil rig, because that will totally stop the rape of the oceans and not spill billions of gallons of oil.

They did also have the 90s reboot verison of Starman, straight down to the piercings and grunge attire. And I honestly liked Daniel Jackson as Hawkman.

Seasons 8-10 were okay as they were Justice League the TV show. The only problem is that Superman was not Superman, and all the other stupid poo poo that Smallville was famous for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

The Aquaman stuff was because they were planning a spin off and they actually made a pilot for it but it didn't get picked up.

Aquaman was also played by the actor who they got to play the Green Arrow.