Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Chapter 7 - Genetics Lab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mQP_BgTVlc
With the senator on his side, Mace begins to investigate what's really behind this whole conspiracy. And the first lead brings him to a secret genetic research facility, hidden in the depths of an asteroid field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

your evil twin posted:

That level seemed so much better than the earlier ones! Despite not being experienced at FPS games, they seem to have a full grip on how to do good old fashioned corridor shooting. If only they had concentrated on that, rather than including all those bullshit sniper sections earlier in the game.

I laughed at the Guinan asteroid belt in the Delta Quadrant, which is linked to the wormhole activity in the Delta Quadrant... how many Star Trek references are you going to throw at us at once?!

Once again, your music got me super pumped. I'm tempted to take a page out of your book for one of my future LPs.
This level is seriously a strong contender for being the best in the game. The first part doesn't really give that impression, but the next video will show why I enjoy it so much.

Also, thanks for spotting that reference as it flew completely past me! Guinan seemed familiar, but I couldn't place it. Never really enjoyed Star Trek that much myself.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Chapter 7 - Genetics Lab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBWLgpiVp_Q
While making his way through the main laboratory, Mace discovers something...

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Kiavahr posted:

Well now I am hyped as gently caress for the next Perturbator album. That'll learn me to not have Soundcloud notifications on.
Same. I Am The Night and TERROR 404 had some pretty sick tracks on it.

your evil twin posted:

That was very cool. Of course, the whole "lab with monsters in tubes" thing has been done a ton of times... but Mace Griffin did it well. The morgue where you open each individual drawer was a nice interactive touch. Loads of nifty sciency things all over the place. Really dig those molecule holograms, I want one in my home. The way that monster moved when you got close to the tube was great!

While many of the security cameras were pointless, they did make sense - those scientists would to keep an eye on all those tubs. From the safety of other rooms.

I'm guessing they are creating hybrids of several species, to try and create something that has best attributes of each? Because SCIENCE!

The tricky jump into a vent with a fan was a bit of a dick move, especially since there hadn't been a checkpoint for a while so if you messed it up you would have needed to spend a minute running back up there again to retry it again.

Also you've now got me listening to Perturbator. I've half way through the TERROR 404 album.
I liked that they kept it classic, you know? Weird monsters that jump at you, while the level goes dark and everybody fights. It's simple but effective. And really, a proper space-game needs a freaky monster infestation. It's just not right otherwise. I kinda wish that they had gone the same route with the spiders. Like having you explore a derelict ship that turns out to be infested with the drat things. And possibly with a large spider queen in the center. I would have loved that! I actually like the basic idea behind the spiders, but the game doesn't really make good use of them. They're just a nuisance.

I also liked the details/environment in this level. As said before, they really did a good job at giving you a diverse setting for every mission. And really, there is not very much repetition aside from the standart bandit guys.

The exact reasons behind the SCIENCE will become clearer in the future. The senator will actually decrypt the data and tell us about it. I tried giving a few wrong hints, but I think it's not too hard to figure out what went into the creation of the creatures. Aside from the Valleakan faces, the large and hairy creatures clearly had Jaldari in them. However, we don't really know if there actually were human parts in them. Mabye in the babies because they only had two legs? Hard to say. And the tentacles/spider legs are :tinfoil:

And yeah, that jump was bullshit. Like, your normal jump velocity will always carry you to the ledge above the hole, and you can't just drop down into it. So you have to figure out that you have to make your jump early, instead of being close to the edge of the platform. I walked back and forth so much on my practice run :(

Glazius posted:

Genetics lab full of freaks inside an exploding asteroid?

This game has been pretty good for at least presenting neat ideas for space adventure.
That is really the fundamental problem of the game. So many nice ideas that somehow failed during their execution :shrug:

Diogenes Bub posted:

When I first saw the thing in the test tube I thought, "My god, they're breeding Metroids! Will those Space Pirates never learn?!" :argh:
But when you got closer it turned out to be something... much more... yeah :stare:
Glad the plot starting to get interesting though.

Great music choice when the poo poo started to go all Dead Space.
Haha, yeah, I also thought about metroids when I saw the first tube. It's probably because of the dangling legs/tentacles.

And yes, the game will get more interesting now that we're in the last stretch. The next mission will move us away from the plot again though. However, we'll meet an old firend of Mace and get to see a new setting, so it's not a bad level. It's kinda weird how they spaced the important story bits though. It's hard to keep up with the bits and stay interested in what's going on, when you have so many missions that don't really play into it.

Speaking off the plot, I deliberately kept the description of the new gun brief and underwhelming. Because really, when you pick it up and use it, you'll be dissapointed that your new laser rifle is just a crappy tazer-beam. It will become crucial in the end of the game, but I can't say why without spoiling the twist :ssh:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Nah, the freaks will not become our new enemy.

If that would have been the twist, I would have said that it's dumb. Their creation, or rather their creator, plays into the story, but it's not too important overall. Thing is, I really can't say too much at this point without spoiling the plot, so just trust me there, okay?. There are four chapters left, and I already said that the next one will take us away from the plot again. Though, at least the person that we meet is important to Mace, and will stick around for a bit. So everything will be explained in the last three chapters. The twist includes a new faction that we haven't seen so far, but it's also not a simple as that. I don't want to make it sound too complicated, or better than it is, but I really can't say more without ruining it.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Chapter 8 - Rescue Krugo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqqG6575gys
Mace discovers that an old friend of his got himself into a bit of trouble.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Sorry for the delay! I haven't been slacking, but it actually took me a while to practice and record this level. It's surprisingly challenging and has a super tough ending. Well, maybe I slacked a bit too because the sun was shining, but that's beside the point :)

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

The only bad thing I can say about it is that the sound effect is a little whimpy. But then again, it makes gibs forever :allears:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Lol, I'm actually planning something along those lines :ssh:

It's not exactly what you say, but co-op Serious Sam would rock too.

I'd really like to have Twin and Lazyfire guest before the Lp is done, but currently my schedule is wonky, so I haven't found a good way to make that happen. Hell, I haven't even asked them so far :v:

But if all else fails, I'll try to rope them into the last video or something like that.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Nah, the secondary fire does use up your ammo. However, it's only 10 for charging that thing, while the beam takes 20, so it's easy to miss. And I also didn't point it out.

And yeah, Valleakans are apparently the only race that knows how to make business :v:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Chapter 8 - Rescue Krugo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no7_eG39UKo
Mace heads into the depths of the slave mine, while Connor still blocks most of the security with his hacking skills. Can Mace find Del Krugo before the warden and his goons crack down on him?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

your evil twin posted:

The 'disco death' is amazing. Especially cause as they stagger around they fire energy beams off in all directions.
It's so ridiculously over the top :allears:

Croccers posted:

Oh no, dude over the headset and actually shot at dudes died :effort:

I love your evasive manoeuvres though :allears:
Connor was a very well established character that we all will miss greatly. And I definitely didn't have to record some of my commentary again because I forgot his name and called him Collin.

Also, I've mastered the corkscrew technique thanks to this game :v:

Lazyfire posted:

Holy poo poo at rocket hallway of death. Those guys just let you blow them to bits even after two other waves got the same treatment.

:) "Hey John, how is the AI for enemies coming along? The game needs to be done soon."

:shrug: "We spent all our cash and time on textures and weapon models"

:aaa:

E: Also, here's something to celebrate the sun finally coming out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp5LavG3Oys
:feelsgood:

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 16, 2014

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

vilkacis posted:

Burn, baby, burn.

...but disco will never truly die.
Yeeeeesssss :allears:

Also, that song sure is something, Croccers. Lmao

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

your evil twin posted:

By the way, the singer of I Lost My Heart To a Starship Trooper, Sarah Brightman, has paid £20 million to actually go into space. In 2015 she'll go on a Russian rocket to the International Space Station. She's done lots of charity stuff in the past, I guess she decided it was time to just go nuts and do something for herself. Her personal fortune is estimated at £30 million, so of course she'll still be living very comfortably afterwards with the remaining £10, but still, she's blowing two thirds of her wealth on it. So... yeah, she really really really wanted to go into space.
lol what? Well, I guess if you're really loving rich, you eventually look for ridiculous things to blow your money on. Let's face it, how else are you going to spend that much cash in your lifetime? Might as well buy a ride to space with it :v:

Croccers posted:

Space Disco was an interesting little sub-genre. Here's a song about some lady loving a robot. The album, Cosmic Curves, is some kind of space disco opera too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTFCwKvlKZo
"He's programmed to receive automatic satisfaction"
God drat, that's one funny combination of lyrics and visuals!

Croccers posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTBGh9y3BRI
Listen to those 'SPACE' sound effects. And sax solo? Sure why not.
I...I wanna go to space in a Disco Spaceship. Sarah Brightman can come along too :v:

vilkacis posted:

There is also space metal. (It even says so right on the cover!) The cheese goes to eleven.
Bwahaha, I can't stop laughing about those lyrics!

I mean lots of metal songs have ridiculous lyrics about battle and whatnot, but that is a new level for me.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Spudd posted:

Just curious how much of the game is left? There seems to be a lot of levels.
Three chapters like I said at the end of the last video :v:

The next chapter will finally kick off the reveal, though the juicy part comes at the end of it. And yeah, this game is too long for its own good.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

They mashed together the DNA of all three sentient races we know about. For reasons that we don't about but it's probably something evil.

Also, don't feel bad for not keeping up with everything. This game does a terrible job at pacing the plot, and my update schedule doesn't help either :v:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Hey guys! I just quickly wanted to let you know, that the next video may take a little while longer. The next chapter is bullshit-hard x2. I'm seriously thinking about cheating, cause I've banged my head against it several times now, and still haven't even made it to the middle of it. I'm sorry if you expected this post to be an update, but have some cool reasons for why this level is bad.

-Awful checkpoint placement

-Tons of snipers/rocket dudes

-Sonic cannons that gib you in one hit

-At least one instance of awful design killing your companions which fails the level

-God drat burst-fire sniper rifles

:qq:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

It's real comforting to know that y'all would support my cheating, buuut I just found out that the cheats only work in the console versions. Yep, they didn't bother to include them for PC!

I found a trainer for ammo, but that's not really the problem. I've decided to ditch my usual practice run, and will record this in one go and just edit around my failures. Welp, time to put on the big boy pants and get this poo poo done :frogc00l:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Huh, didn't think of trying that. But I've finally gotten past it without any tricks anyway. Had to grind my teeth and take a couple smoke breaks, but I beat this poo poo fair and square!

Now I only have to worry about the editing, because there will be a couple of cuts :v:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Huh, that's weird to hear. I mean, I don't have a console so I can't compare, but I had a good share of bugs so far. I showed a few, like clipping through the air-taxi, or that one time where the level flipped out around me. Another consistent bug is falling through the floor when you die and the game respawns you past a level transition. I think I also showed that at the end of a video. But yeah, that actually happens quite often! Sound bugs are pretty rare though, and I've only seen enemies cut off their battle taunts mid-sentence sometimes.

Oh, and there is also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reWuyIOPpa8
:stonklol:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Chapter 9 - Whistleblower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX7FZpRIkp0
After decrypting some of the files from the secret genetics lab, Senator Schmidt found multiple references to a person named "Barbo". Fortunately, he was also able to find out where this Barbo is hiding now, so Mace and Krugo are on their way to question him.

Your evil twin also joins me as a guest this time! Check out his current threads for Singularity, and Darkest of Days.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

The eternal space-wind blowing through a space-canyon :v:

Serious answer is gently caress the audio balance in this game. I really would have liked to spare y'all, but I couldn't fix it without affecting the dialogue.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

My future plans are build around the TwinTim Awesome Gaming Channel Show. I think there is a market for two friendly guys that play video games and record their chipper banter. I'm currently looking into this little indie game called "Minecraft" to get us started.

Jk, but we had lots of fun and that's why I've re enlisted your evil twin for the next episode too!

PRL412 posted:

It was distracting before, but the last update was just funny.

Mace Griffin is a perfect example of a lot of PS2/Xbox games: Attention to detail in some aspects and baffling design decisions everywhere else. You could never tell what you were getting into until you were stuck in a space-canyon with a group of instakill enemies and little to no checkpoints.

I can't wait to see you conquer this one the old fashioned way.
To be fair, the bullshit part is contained in the last episode. The rest of the level is much better! I still died a few times, but it's really not nearly as frustrating as going through that drat canyon over and over.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Spudd posted:

Holy poo poo I never would have gotten up to that point in the game so I never would get the chance to rage quit but God drat. That looked almost impossible.

At least your fantastic choice in music and fun commentary made it bearable. :v:
A single loving checkpoint after the little spider cave would have been all it took to make that part not suck :(

your evil twin posted:

This should totally be a thing. Cept without the Minecraft. I think we should do the most ultraviolent and offensive games imaginable while cheerfully making jokes about it.
Are you saying I could finally do my BAN ME Lp? :allears:

In other news, I'm currently rendering the next video, so expect it to be up sometime later.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Chapter 9 - Whistleblower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncnr8-Ve9mU
With the Tannan Company soldiers still on his heels, Mace has to find a way for himself and his friends to escape their grasp.

Your evil twin again joins me as a guest this time! Check out his current threads for Singularity, and Darkest of Days.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Heh, the background for our chat was kinda tricky tbh. We went on longer than I thought, and I even had to ditch a few things from my side. And don't ask me how long I had to dig to find a fitting song this time :)

And while you're right about the controls of the dropship we boarded, the one we got to fly was a different one. If I remember to do it, I'll check, but I'm pretty sure you can take either seat.

Also, I'm kinda surprised that the reveal at the end passed through this thread in silence. I'll just assume y'all are stunned by the magnificent storytelling :v:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

fullTimeLurker posted:

I think I'm going to have to re watch that first video because nothing in that last cut scene or your after video chat seemed familiar. I really appreciate you taking the time to explain what the gently caress is going on with this storyline though, because I was just confused.

So how many updates are left? Did they really just start the plot as the the end old the game?
This post perfectly validates my and evil twins opinion about the storytelling in this game. It's really too disjointed and drawn out. I mean, even if you're super attentive and manage to recall every plot point on the spot, the reveal comes so late in the game that you'll probably stopped to care. Like, the basic ideas behind the plot, such as Richter's betrayal and the secret deal between the Tannan Corp and the Watchers, are interesting and I don't mind the cheap surprise too much. At least this stuff was kinda foreshadowed, because we saw an unknown shuttle leave the spaceship in the first level, and also a strange alien ship vanishing through a wormhole. But the execution of the plot makes it fall flat, and if you don't go "Wtf?" when it happens, your other reaction is probably "Meh". The whole idea behind this game would have worked much better, if each level wouldn't be so god drat long, and if the writers would have kicked off the reveal about Richter a bit earlier.

And to answer your question, there are only two chapters left. So we'll be done in four or maybe five videos from now :v:

Also, I'm glad that y'all enjoyed our little bit at the end. I was sure that some explanations would be needed, and your evil twin played his part perfectly without me needing to set him up for it. His genuine confusion played right into my hands!

vilkacis posted:

That's all nice and well with the plot stuff, but let's talk about the important thing here.

When Mace Griffin, Space Butcher comes out, you should totally LP it. :colbert:
I'll wait till the Jaldari roastbeef DLC comes out :yum:

Oh, and on a personal note, it'll be a little while before the next update, because I'm going on a short trip tonight and won't be back before next Monday.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Chapter 10 - Infiltrate The Tannan Corp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOOyoGyxrQY
After being rescued by Grier, Mace wakes up in the medical bay on Guild Station. But there isn't much time to recover, because Grier already has a plan for how to deal with the Tannan corporation.

This time I'm joined by Lazyfire! Check out his current thread for F.E.A.R 2.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Glazius posted:

Well, that's a convenient way to get rid of your supporting cast. Then again, it'd hardly feel noir-y if people didn't die.
This game hates its own Npcs with great passion! But as you said, a hard-boiled space bounty hunter gets shaped by his story :v:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Haha, doing that never occurred to me! I showed the gatling a couple of times when it made sense to use it, but I never thought about using it to gently caress with random Npcs. But I also assume you can only do that in very specific levels, because the game is pretty inconsistent about when it's okay to gun down civies.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Lazyfire posted:

The one thing I really missed out on commenting on during the video was the fact that this level brings back death hallways in a big way. Every third door or so for the first half of the video got painted red and purple pretty quickly.
Mace Griffin is about art

Abstract art even

I mean look at those proportions!

your evil twin posted:

Levels like that make me want to play the game myself... but I'd have to get through those levels with gazillions of bullshit snipers, and the previous chapter where you had half-hour gauntlet of enemies with no checkpoints.

It's a shame that the PC version of the game doesn't have cheat codes; it would be great to have an ability to skip levels or turn on god mode to get past the poorly-designed parts.
Yeah, this level is pretty good! I think it was mentioned earlier, but Warthog never did an FPS game before, so that's why most of the levels end up being boring or too tedious. Whoever made this level, should probably have been asked what could be improved in the other ones :v:

Also, if anyone seriously wants it, I can upload my save at the end so that you can just use the mission select and play the few fun parts yourself.

Lastly, I have to say that the next vid probably takes a few more days. I'm sorta busy atm, and edit at a snail's pace. It's fully recorded though, so it's just on my end.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Chapter 10 - Infiltrate The Tannan Corp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9_Qy9KaaDA
After clearing the way into the Tannan Corp HQ, Mace now has to support Grier's hacking efforts. What terrible secrets will they uncover?

I'm again joined by Lazyfire! Check out his current thread for F.E.A.R 2.

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 12, 2014

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

your evil twin posted:

And uploading your saved games would be nice. Looks like I can get the game on ebay for £3, worth it if can skip the crap levels.

Should find somewhere reasonably secure/permanent so that the link still works when the LP is up on the LP archive, for future generations to benefit from.
No problem. I'll throw it on my Mediafire cloud. As long as that site lives, the file will live! Hell, I uploaded an obscure flash game for my first Lp there, and it's still available.

Lazyfire posted:

I really can't wait to see the thread's reaction to the end of the next video. I'm still wondering what I watched three days later.
:allears:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

your evil twin posted:

Whoever came up with the story for the game was clearly competent and had some interesting ideas. If only the developers knew how to properly implemented that into the game.
That's pretty much what I said to Lazyfire when we stopped recording. If you seperate the story from the game, you'll find that it has some pretty cool ideas! But the disjointed and clumsy storytelling totally ruins it.

your evil twin posted:

And the animations for that shootout between the two characters were ridiculously bad.
They sure are! I almost left mine and Lazyfire's giggling in that part, but then decided to give y'all the full vanilla experience :v:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

hectorgrey posted:

I think I stopped playing this game during the cruise liner mission, but the way they managed to seamlessly blend FPS and space sim gameplay was brilliant. It's a pity no other game has ever done that since, since that was the most successful part of this game in my opinion. I think the level with the rustlers would probably have been better placed immediately after you rescue your prison buddy - give him a gun, give him useful poo poo to do in the level, and then make it so that you actually care when he gets shot. I mean, it's the only mission not directly related to the plot; an opportunity to shoot lots and lots of the game's weaker enemies with the games most powerful weaponry might have been fun as a brief change of pace, and it would have meant that all of the plot stuff prior to the release would have actually happened sooner in the game.
Man, I would have loved to have a buddy mission with Del Krugo! But I guess coding a proper AI for him wasn't in the budget or something like that? It's really bizzare how little the game makes you care about the guy, despite him being your old buddy and all :shrug:

Also, hey guys! Sorry for the silence but I was wrapped up in a work related project, and then I caught a bad case of "wanting to play x-com other videogames". But fear not, the last videos will be posted sometime next week.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

I'm the worst at updating

Chapter 11 - Face Off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyq_vjnE0xU
After seeing the last of his friends die, Mace is the only one left who can stop the Tannan Corporation and the Watchers. Since Richter became possessed by a Watcher, that also stole the data disc with all the evidence on it, his only choice is to pursue it.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

your evil twin posted:

Another good level. Had some interesting-looking areas. Space cathedrals are cool! There was good, solid FPS action. Seems this game has a strong beginning and a strong end but an absolutely dreadful middle.

They do say that most people just remember the beginning and end of something, so those are the most important to get right. It seems Warthog Games really took that heart.

I liked the wormhole. It was a landmark in space throughout the level (you could see it during the space battle), and the vortex had the same colours as the nebula gas in that region of space. So the vortex was made of local gas swilling into the hole, which makes it a proper Accretion Disc rather than just the usual sci-fi whirlpool. :science:
Huh, that saying actually perfectly describes the game! And yeah, the beginning of this level is fun. It's one of those rare times when the combat is frantic enough to keep you running, instead of slogging. I'll have some strong words about the rest of the level though. It has some real nice things going for it, but it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

And thanks for the science! Should have known that you'd be able to say something about this. I'll add it to the long list of strange details that the dev's cared about :v:

With that said, I realized later that I completely forgot to comment on it. I too think that it's a neat landmark in that space fight!

radintorov posted:

I wonder what causes that Richter clone bug. Still, it's a funny bug.
And also funny was that cultist rolling into the rocket that was flying straight at you. :D
Lol, I had to work real hard to not stop and laugh while recording when that guy rolled right into the rocket :)

On topic of the Richter clone, gently caress if I know! Like, the only explanation I could give is that he's maybe a remnant from an earlier design for the map that didn't get deleted. Maybe they previously had him running away from you or something like that. Or he could be the result of a cutscene that got deleted. The way scenes in this game work is by using your actual player model, and other models that are already in the level. So the camera just changes and the models move and act on a script until it's over. I really can't come up with any other explanation than him being a left over that slipped through the cracks.

Spudd posted:

Yay it's super great to have you back. Missed all the funky music you put in it.

In that cutscene it feels like they had to work with the few lines that Henry Rollins recorded for them since it was all over the place.
I had the impression that they wanted to convey that the guy was still confused because he just snapped out of mind control and got punched by ghost Richter. And then Mace was supposed to be forcefull to get him back on track ASAP because poo poo is going to hell. But Henry "Robot" Rollins didn't transport that very well :v:

vilkacis posted:

It's the mysterious exploding, un-exploding man! :iiam:

Mmmm, completely unnecessary grenade murder. At least the poor suckers won't have to worry about alien ghost parasites now.
There is a reason why I call him ghost Richter :)

Also, I'm basically a space criminal. Rip innocent tech guys

LookieLoo posted:

I'm still back on page 4 but I wanted to say before it's over that I'm really enjoying this and your Shogo LP, unique and interesting games that I might not enjoy as much if I were playing them.
Also the music is rad.
Welcome to the party :hfive:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Chapter 11 - Face Off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQN4aJ8bZbM
Mace managed to free the Cultists from their mental control, but the Watcher in Richter's body still threw the ship into the Watcher universe before fleeing again. To get back into his own universe, Mace now has to enter a huge Watcher space station that was waiting next to the wormhole.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Glazius posted:

I like how the grenades look like the sticky bombs but they're just so useless because they're on their own explosion timer.

Can you detonate sticky bombs while they're flying through the air or do you have to wait for them to hit a surface?
I did a quick test, and you can indeed only blow them up after they have landed. Previously I also thought that you could stick them to enemies, and might have said so in a video, but that actually isn't true. I was pretty sure that you could do it, but when I tested it they bounced from enemies and stuck to the floor next to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

PRL412 posted:

So, they introduced a Ghostbusters mechanic out of nowhere and programmed the ethereal creatures to hit like trucks?

Did they test this game?
I was going to ask that question during the last episode, because Warthog managed to pile on one last gently caress you after the ghosts. It's technically not as bad as the insta-kill shots, but super annoying and kinda lazy.

But yeah, gently caress those ghosts! It baffles me how you can design a level like that. I mean it's understandable that you want to make the last level hard, but how they did it is just fake difficulty garbage. I think that I'm a fairly competent FPS player, but you can't expect me and all the other people that play your game to just dodge all those shots without slipping. I really can't understand why they did that without giving you any means to recover between encounters. As I said in the video, they could have made up some alien bullshit that heals you somehow. Nobody would have questioned that because they'd be happy to have it. And it's pretty sad, because the basic idea behind the level is good! Making your way through a scary ship full of dangerous ghosts makes for a great atmosphere, but it turns into frustration after you've died a couple of times. Oh well, bless my bunny hopping I guess :v:

Also, thanks for the flowers folks! I finsihed this game when I was young, but man, I must have worn some major rose tinted glasses when I decided to Lp it. I'm not going to lie, there were a couple moments where I was close to stop it. But I hate to leave people hanging so we're going all the way. Stay tuned for the ending! I'll edit it over the weekend and it should be up sometime next week.

Spudd posted:

I also blame you for getting me into Dance With The Dead.
I'll gladly take the blame! They also have a new album out, so now is a great time to check them out.

http://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

• Locked thread