Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Because he certainly wasn't spending more time haggling with insurers over how much to charge for care than he was handling patients before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

CampingCarl posted:

I haven't heard Clustercare but it must be a registered trademark. I don't remember Jeopardy having any wheels or clicking sounds. Either that is the joke, which doesn't make sense at all, or Muir doesn't know what Jeopardy is. Analog rotary selector could have been a roulette wheel or a dartboard but no.
Nah it's just "Abloo Obamacare putting America in jeopardy". Muir pulls one-liners like this all the time.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Is that a crying Delonas in the corner?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

AL JEZEERA

So did anything recently happen that would have prompted this cartoon or is it just "Those Muslims :argh:".

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Internet Webguy posted:

Bad news, the republicans did exactly what we wanted.

Oh God, I almost forgot about all the disingenuity of the Republican attempts to pass the shutdown mess onto the Democrats. Thanks for the reminder Varvel.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

It's basically been done.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Two weeks is so long that I've actually forgotten what daytime news item Tinsley has actually been harping about.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Asimo posted:

I mentioned it before the last time he brought up gun control and Connecticut, but I don't think he understands politics up here. Or, you know. That whole Sandy Hook thing. :geno:

And yeah, this is pretty much an unsubtle veiled threat isn't it?

Speaking of Sandy Hook, just what did Muir do after that happened?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Necroneocon posted:

Since you're on the topic of banning things, you should ban people PBF'ing cartoons

The great thing about getting to the front page is that all the new meat in the thread are taking the AGCing at face value.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Judging by the mosque I assume the caveman is supposed to represent some Arab figure, maybe Ahmadinejad? The worst caricature.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

Apparently Lester's style has inspired South African cartoonist Jeremy Nell

...who is apparently just as stupid.

Yes that's right. Mining companies actually hire 50% more workers than they need out of charity I guess, and these ungrateful strikers are ruining it.
Compare

Mike Lester as artistic inspiration. There is no God :cripes:
Oh and of course he'd be an Afrikaaner.

And look like a redditor.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Nice reference to a thing that happened years ago Varvel.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

ACORN doesn't even exist anymore and it still somehow drives dudes like Branco froth-mouth crazy.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

MisterBadIdea posted:

Yeah, what the gently caress does "social justice" have to do with "police state"? There are a lot of reasons for how the NSA ended up the way it is but enforcing social justice isn't one of them.
Muir is just trying to pass the blame for our downward spiral to a surveilance state from the much more obvious Bush years to LIBERALS.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Also she's trans. Like Jesus loving Christ just how does that mesh with a movement that believes in the Bell Curve Hypothesis.
http://www.vocativ.com/culture/uncategorized/dark-enlightenment-creepy-internet-movement-youd-better-take-seriously/

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Jesus Christ Tinsley, are you seriousy going to drudge up a petty 6-year-old attack on Obama for something completely unrelated?
Yes

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

There's literally a scene in Birth of a Nation, where to show how unfit Blacks are for politics, a black politician puts his bare feet up on a desk during a congress session.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Note that Lester drew them all as a bunch of young hipsters. Could this be that he realized that the conservative resentment of youth has been biting them in the rear end the whole time, and that this is an attempt to make GOP racism appeal to them? I really don't know

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Jesus Christ Muir Portago is Skye's father too goddamn.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

A Whitehouse spokesman using contemporary language is, much like Benghazi, pointless bullshit that doesn't deserve coverage and detracts from the real issues. A Good Cartoon.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Oh hey Bennet apparently had an interview with his local station about getting people angry :allears:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Cabbit posted:

Why does that guy need a wheelchair if he has a prosthetic leg? Shouldn't it be one or the other?

And furthermore he's wearing pants. Look at that smug rear end in a top hat rolling up a single pants leg just to show off his disability,

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Well if not a Proto-Kelly, Horsey certainly would be a Proto-Steve Brule.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Would have been a much better movie than that other one.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

That Jew is surprisingly Aryan

Well, plenty of Jews actually do fit the bill, and there is in fact a specific strain of anti-semitism that only targets Ashkenazi Jews on the basis that they're "white and not really Jews".

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Obama assesses the situation, waiting for the facts to show up re: Bergdahl. Republicans have delved right into the histrionic attacks on him. An Accurate Cartoon.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Cramming for finals and I came across this gem.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Jurgan posted:

Am I wrong in thinking "Indian Giver" is actually an insult to white people and the government? I always assumed it was referring to the way the U.S. made treaties promising things to the "Indians" only to later take them back. Maybe it was supposed to be an insult towards Native Americans, but it makes more sense the other way.
As always Louis CK sums it up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNiVoP13h_k

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

loquacius posted:

There was that Rob Smith Jr piece earlier comparing immigration to human trafficking. I think we've discovered the new talking point on this issue. :v:

Nah calling illegal immigrants and even loving asylum seekers like those that Australia has been receiving "human traffickers" is the go-to conservative buzzword to frame the issue now. "We don't hate foreigners we just we're just tryng to protect them from international trafficking rings".

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yup, it’s internet shorthand.

Academic too :eng99:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Please change the thread name to Saving PrivateBlowjob Russian, thanks.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Latuff would probably take pride in being on the opposing side of a willfully dense shithead's cartoon.

Would it be touching the poo poo if someone tries to show the Allie cartoon to Latuff? I mean who wouldn't want to see his reaction:allears:?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Heaven is wracked by warring factions and faulty leadership. A Miltonian Cartoon.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Since the ebola virus looks sort of worm-like how soon until Ramirez unleashes an Ebola-bama abomination?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Her older webcomic had a fairly creepy cartoon about her being turned on by trans dudes. It's particularly bad since Moen (at the time) identified as lesbian.

However, she has long since apologized for the comic, admitting that she was very ignorant at the time. That's the worst I've heard about her, and she seems like a decent person.

Too late, she did Bad Thing, and is thus The Worst :getin:
And for anyone wondering the weird fanart thread has been surprisingly lax for Robin Williams treatments.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

The cops you disingenous "truth is in the middle" poo poo.
Edit - Also the "media" to some extent but he obviously means that in the "liberal media is white knighting a crook" way and not the "fox news and conservative outlets ae deliberately trying to frame brown as a criminal" way.

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 16, 2014

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

I suspect Dilbert may have done that one at least a dozen times by now.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Man, Tinsley might be able to make more money as a comic strip cartoonist but does he realize that the two-week delay does tend to make him look like a dumbass?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Remember that supposedly we don't have records of explicitly racist cartoons during the civili rights era because the cartoonists and/or their families were too ashamed to let their cartoons be used after the fact in historical anthologies? Perhaps that's what these threads will prevent. A repository of terrible for future generations :getin:.

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Sir Rolo posted:

Did Muir really just put shades and a bald head on his Obama trace to make a new character?

The town is 2/3 black and rightwingers are seriously rolling with this silent majority bullshit about outside agitators. gently caress you Muir.

• Locked thread