Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Life gets cheaper the hotter the areas climate is.

Explain Russia then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Gotta love this. The epitome of the idiotic thinking that no one "should be telling me how to run my business etc.!" right before their worker gets pulled into a machine.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

A Winner is Jew posted:

This at least looks like he's wearing a belt harness and it's attached to the forklift, and if that's the case it's probably better than using a really tall ladder.

Nope, thats just his shirt lifted up to reveal skin.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Slanderer posted:

I just got the keys to my new apartment (the 1st floor of a 3 floor house) last night and I was taking a look around in the dark (super spooky). I noticed part of the drywall in a broom closet was falling down, so I went to take a look at fixing it and realized that there was a staircase behind it (and also that it was hung by a single loving screw, jesus christ i hate handyman work). Turns out that when the house was divided into apartments, they just walled off the servant's stairs between the 1st and 2nd floor and added a door to the 2nd floor landing that the 3rd floor apartment could use to access the servants stairs between the 2nd and 3rd floors. So, now I have a cool hidden antique staircase that goes nowhere.

Come on man, gotta post pictures.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Angela Christine posted:

During some big wildfires there were posts about rural australia's fire policy of "leave early, or stay and fight". Folks were welcome to stay home and try to fight the fire themselves, but if they got into trouble the fire department wasn't coming to help them. That seemed pretty odd to us here in North America.

Rural areas might take an hour for the fire department (CFA) to get to you and travelling in bushfire areas is incredibly dangerous and people regularly get killed in their cars whilst driving through bushfires. Last thing they need is for a truck and its team to be immolated trying to save your rear end when you should have left hours ago anyway.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Cardiovorax posted:

30 miles per hour is... 70kmh or so? That's pretty loving fast to face-plant on some asphalt. Assuming he weighed some 160 pounds, that's about 15000 Joules of kinetic energy - that's equivalent to a shot from a .50BMG rifle. Dispersed over a substantially larger area, of course, but still.

You bothered to work out the energy but didnt know that 30mph is 48kph even roughly?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

cubicle gangster posted:

they still make these. slightly increased the density of the guard though.
http://www.vornado.com/circulators/Vintage-Collection

Would literally feed stuff into this fan to see what it could destroy.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Catzilla posted:

From the same series, Robie Coltraine talking about Steam engines, skip to about 20 mins for the OSHA bit. That is frightening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_ZwDUP6fBw

All I saw was a train rolling along?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

kaschei posted:

They have to do some maintenance at 21 minutes. Stick it out.

AH yes, nothing quite like having a train literally throw an axe into your face to cap off a good day.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Bad Munki posted:

Ride in the trunk and it looks like you'll be good to go!

Funnily enough, this is the way most drunken Australian teens get around anyway so lucky them!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Tunicate posted:

http://www.wral.com/raleigh-woman-suing-over-implanted-homemade-device/14126447/

Maybe don't use parts from Lowes to mod your surgical implants?

This is the medical equivalent of grover house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Ambrose Burnside posted:

Similarly, Terminator 2 lied about sinking into molten metal. It's so dense that you kind of fry, skittering and sizzling all over the surface without being able to sink much more than a couple inches in.

Yeah but the only things that go into it are the terminators who are metal.

a kitten posted:

Envisioning Arnold doing this like a big pat of butter in a hot pan just gave me a giggling fit.

But would pay to see this happen.

• Locked thread