Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I remember hearing some story about how some dude claimed he found a mouse in his can of Pepsi and when Pepsi got wind of it they sued for defamation. The guy said he threw it away so he didn't have proof but apparently Pepsi had already researched the claim and said it was impossible to get a mouse from a can of Pepsi because the time it took from canning to when it was available for purchase was long enough to completely dissolve a mouse, bones and all, from the acids found in the drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Taste born in the Carolinas bitch

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Diet Pepsi with cheap wine is better than Coke with cheap wine, and that's really the only thing that matters because any soda on its own is gross.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Restaurant coke tastes exactly like canned Pepsi

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
When you are arguing about which sugary piss drink is better both parties lose.

Drink water you losers.

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Diet Pepsi with cheap wine is better than Coke with cheap wine, and that's really the only thing that matters because any soda on its own is gross.

Is this a thing? That sounds absolutely horrid.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i think I read some paper that indicated there is no taste difference between pepsi and coke, and it's just all altered perceptions due to marketing that makes people taste a difference and prefer one over the other

but they're like nearly chemically identical

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons

Grant DaNasty posted:

I'm sorry to hear you're too much of a pussy to handle a can of coke.

Butthead
May 31, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

i think I read some paper that indicated there is no taste difference between pepsi and coke, and it's just all altered perceptions due to marketing that makes people taste a difference and prefer one over the other

but they're like nearly chemically identical

I read that you're a moron. Wasn't in those exact words, but I read between the lines.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
did you know maine lobster and canadian lobster are the same species!!!?? Same thing

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I get so goddamn mad very time I scroll down GBS and see this loving thread title

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet

Harime Nui posted:

I get so goddamn mad very time I scroll down GBS and see this loving thread title

You read GBS too much I think.

Coke is obviously better because it tastes better with booze. RC cola is the real winner though.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
can't taste the difference at all, they're interchangeable brown sugar water

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The only acceptable soft drink is birch beer.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
congrats on buying in to advertising designed to make you pick between one or the other thus gaining a repeat customer

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i hate pepsi and coke but if you can't taste the difference you have loving deficient taste-buds. Sorry guys and your hate-boner for soda and apparently busted genetics that prevent you from being able to taste a goddamn thing

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

hemophilia posted:

i hate pepsi and coke but if you can't taste the difference you have loving deficient taste-buds. Sorry guys and your hate-boner for soda and apparently busted genetics that prevent you from being able to taste a goddamn thing

you have been brainwashed by advertising so thoroughly that you think you can taste the difference in things that are the same. good job

Butthead
May 31, 2011

Gobblecoque posted:

you have been brainwashed by advertising so thoroughly that you think you can taste the difference in things that are the same. good job

You have been brainwashed by communists so thoroughly that you think that you are self-aware and capitalism is preying on everyone else's subconscious emotions to sell things that are similar but ultimately not the same. good job.

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie
Pepsi is too sweet. I think people just like the sugar/sweetness and confuse that for taste. It's the reason Pepsi wins the taste tests, it's because the subjects are given small mouthfulls to drink, and when drinking that little the sweetness means people choose Pepsi.

Pepsi tastes like sugar water. Whereas coke is a proper drink.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

im pooping! posted:

I remember hearing some story about how some dude claimed he found a mouse in his can of Pepsi and when Pepsi got wind of it they sued for defamation. The guy said he threw it away so he didn't have proof but apparently Pepsi had already researched the claim and said it was impossible to get a mouse from a can of Pepsi because the time it took from canning to when it was available for purchase was long enough to completely dissolve a mouse, bones and all, from the acids found in the drink.

It's like I'm listening to my parents talk about how bad Coke is to my body and I'm 8

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

FSMC posted:

Pepsi is too sweet. I think people just like the sugar/sweetness and confuse that for taste. It's the reason Pepsi wins the taste tests, it's because the subjects are given small mouthfulls to drink, and when drinking that little the sweetness means people choose Pepsi.

Pepsi tastes like sugar water. Whereas coke is a proper drink.

This man speaks the truth.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
In the bottle.

big dig
Sep 11, 2001

Cowboys > Ninjas
hey fatties your candy water will kill you real men drink paleo 100% organic non-GMO vegan glutan free kombucha

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
cold coke is better than cold pepsi

lukewarm pepsi is better than lukewarm coke

Butthead
May 31, 2011

big dig posted:

hey fatties your candy water will kill you real men drink paleo 100% organic non-GMO vegan glutan free kombucha

So what, YOLO.

Something's going to kill you too, at least I'll enjoy delicious soda in my life, loser.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

big dig posted:

the paleo diet will kill you too tho since average lifespans plummeted when we first started farming

really just do whatever because you're (humanity in general) an idiot retard who will find some way to kill yourself no matter what

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Waltzing Along posted:

op speaks truth

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Coke is better than pepsi, but pepsi is much better at their 'special' drinks like pepsi max or wild cherry pepsi are better than their coke counterparts by miles.

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQPN3UKQM-U

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The only acceptable soft drink is birch beer.

only if you live in/around PA, otherwise it is just a novelty that you pay $3-5 a bottle for

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Soda makes my stomach cramp so I've forgotten what either tastes like.

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
hey if we put a lil addictive drug in this sugar water the pigs will pay us twenty times more than its worth hell eventually the pigs will just start buying and drinking it because they see other pigs doing it. lol

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Red Bull cola was the best until they discontinued it for literally having cocaine in it.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
An occasional Sierra Mist or root beer won't kill me. Maybe. Hopefully.

Please?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Deathface posted:

Is this a thing? That sounds absolutely horrid.

Yeah, popular in Europe and Latin America. In Spain they even have a name for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalimotxo

It's basically just a variation on wine spritzers

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 5, 2014

Edmantium
Jan 15, 2011

I WAS READY TO EMBRACE A MAN
Seltzer. Club Soda. Vichy Water.

BRING ME WATER, CO2, AND SALT

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
i prefer a nice italian soda purchased at olive garden by my mother because shes proud of my accomplishments

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Gobblecoque posted:

i want you to be joking but just in case you're not, different brands of colas all have different tastes. Some are similar-ish but if it's marketed as something else it's because it is fuckin' something else. Pepsi has a distinctly different flavor than coca cola. It goes 'flat' at a different rate. Fanta tastes completely unlike sunkist, and in turn sunkist tastes nothing like orange crush, despite all being orange flavored soda.

The only soda thing I don't understand is 7up/sprite because that poo poo is absolutely the same to me, except 7up can feel more watered down at times.

try trusting the people who actually drink soda sometimes and enjoy it to know what they're talking about man.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

hemophilia posted:

i want you to be joking but just in case you're not, different brands of colas all have different tastes. Some are similar-ish but if it's marketed as something else it's because it is fuckin' something else. Pepsi has a distinctly different flavor than coca cola. It goes 'flat' at a different rate. Fanta tastes completely unlike sunkist, and in turn sunkist tastes nothing like orange crush, despite all being orange flavored soda.

The only soda thing I don't understand is 7up/sprite because that poo poo is absolutely the same to me, except 7up can feel more watered down at times.

try trusting the people who actually drink soda sometimes and enjoy it to know what they're talking about man.

Speaking of similarly, I've seen people mistake cherry coke for Mr. Pib.

And Dew is like any other lemon lime drink only flatter and sweeter poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Vanilla Coke is cool, otherwise I don't care for colas.

• Locked thread