Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Bob NewSCART posted:

So the roster for HM VoG at 3pm est(is 2pm better? Can everyone make that?) is

Me, sadboys2004, 30 Titan
J2DK, 30
Sandwichdino, 30(??)
Ohajj01, 30
Mcfunkerson, 30
Mcfunkersons friend, 29

2pm and 3pm are both fine by me. Whatever's more convenient for everyone else.

Roman posted:

https://twitter.com/LukeWasRight/status/542048687749218304

"There is neither a "new level 31 hard VoG," nor a "third difficulty for VoG" in The Dark Below."

(He's the designer of VoG)

That blows. I was hoping it would be their way of sneaking in 323 attack VoG weapons.

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
I would be pretty surprised if leveling up the other factions didn't give you commendations.

Then again Bungie's surpised me a few times in the last week.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

xyigx posted:

Would the small ammo pool hurt the mythoclast to much to use as a raid primary? I have been trying to decide between it and the VoC for what to run for the first blind raid.

I'm gonna take my Mytho for a spin in the Crota raid today and see how it works today. If it's constantly running out of ammo I'll just switch to VoC or Suros or something, but I'm hopeful that it'll work out and be more ammo efficient just because it has more attack than anything else right now.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

haveblue posted:

Is the LL30 vendor gear supposed to be enabled yet? I'm in the tower right now and don't see any.

Not until after the reset, no.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Boy I really hope they make the new strike the Nightfall for this week because I really, really don't want to do Mars now that they've fixed the cheese spot.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

FishBulb posted:

Didn't they say like months ago there was some bug that made strike bosses have too much health or am I crazy

They did and I'm pretty sure they said they were gonna fix it but then nothing.

It seems like an incredibly simple thing to fix and it would instantly make every strike 5x better.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Greenplastic posted:

What? Behind the crates in the corner? It's exactly the same as before.

Really? I could have sworn one of the recent patches said they fixed it but I haven't actually done the strike since then.

e: Looking back through the patch notes I can't find it. Maybe I was thinking of the Winter Run fix.

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 9, 2014

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

omg chael crash posted:

I was hoping for a while that the new story would get us the gear we missed out on in the raid. Make it easier for people who didn't get the same amount of gear from the raid as other people.

That's what the new Vanguard/Crucible stuff is for. Putting everyone at level 30 for doing like 4 story missions would be pretty funny though.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

GruntyThrst posted:

So do you guys think it'll take a longer or shorter amount of time to World First Crota's End? I'm betting on shorter... say 4 hours.

Way shorter I think. People are better leveled, better geared, and just better at the game than when VoG was being attempted for the first time.

Unless Crota is massively harder than anything in VoG I doubt it'll take people that long to figure it out for the first time.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

FishBulb posted:

There might be some tricky mechanics though that take some figuring. Like a thing you have to shoot.

I'm doing a pacifist playthrough so if there's a thing I have to shoot I'm hosed.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Don't suppose they'd throw in a vault for blue fusion rifles that are gonna sit there until the heat death of the universe because the RNG hates me?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Eris has a quest to kill stuff in the Nightfall that gives 3 motes of light on top of rep and exp. Neat.

She also sells ammo synths for Black Wax and trading one of the new raid materials for the other costs 1 Black Wax + 500 glimmer.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Mazerunner posted:

Ascendant Shards/Energy can be traded in for Radiant Shards/energy! (plus one black wax idol and 500 glimmer)

Who needs sleep!

Pretty sure you can only swap between the 2 types of Radiant. Unless the Ascendant trade in is with someone other than Eris.

e: Turned in 2 legendary engrams and got 27 light gear out of them. Bummer.

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Dec 9, 2014

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Alteisen posted:

This update is one giant middle finger to anyone who unlucky with purples and had to buy tower gear, every single piece of armor I'm wearing is completely obsolete now, even my exotic gloves don't have as much light/stats as tower vanguard gear. Back to square one because gently caress you.

Guess I should be thankful I didn't buy a primary, they're crazy strong now.

The VoG raid gear is lower light than the new vendor stuff too.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
That 3rd raid encounter is a real fucker

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Tokubetsu posted:

Hit the third part of the raid and idk if it's possible with just 30s

Yeah it's extremely tight if it is doable. At 30 the DPS check is brutal and everything in there 1-2 shots you.

Definitely wasn't expecting level 32 stuff so soon in the normal raid.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Anyone wanna do the nightfall + weekly? 2 of us are ready to go.

PSN ohajj01

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Getting 8 ascendant energy from the new Nightfall is a bigger kick in the balls than the 5 coins the old gave me a couple of times.

ps What does everyone think of Murmur? I haven't leveled it up all that much but even now it's probably my favorite non-Plan-C fusion rifle. e: Not sure I'm crazy about Kneepads being its last perk though.

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Dec 9, 2014

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Diver Dick posted:

Has anybody tried turning in an "old" exotic weapon bounty since the expansion drop? I'm guessing it's going to net me a 300 weapon, not one of the new ones?

No, it'll give you the 331 attack version.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

FishBulb posted:

So how many chests do people think are in the first section of the raid? I'm going with 2.

The first one is really easy (we still missed it on our run though :v:) so I'm guessing there's at least 1 more harder to find one in there.

Definitely gonna want to get as many chests as possible this reset since the new materials are gonna be hard to come by for a while.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

FishBulb posted:

I bet there's one somewhere in that hallway between the second and third parts too.

Might be one hidden on the other side of the bridge for the second encounter too. Didn't really get a chance to look around there once we cleared it and it seemed like there were some nooks to poke around in.

dyzzy posted:

Hey, to be fair, we were trying to figure out how to get through!

(It's incredibly obvious in retrospect)

We were focused on getting through the first stretch of that encounter as fast as possible after the first few attempts so we weren't really looking around too much.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Where are people doing the "melee kill 7 things fast" bounty? I was planning on going back to the sword part of the first new mission since that seemed easiest but it seems to be the only mission you can't replay.

El Hefe posted:

I give a big round of applause to anyone who is able to finish this week's nightfall.

Arc burn + lightswitch lmao

The last part is hilariously rough. Just arc grenade launcher Knights and Wizards everywhere, 2 shotting you constantly.

We had to take the boss fight really slow but we got through it eventually.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Roman posted:

Raid completed in 5 hours 58 mins by 2 30s and 4 29s:

http://planetdestiny.com/congrats-crota-end/

How the gently caress?!

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Its Miller Time posted:

I'm looking in the tower, the gauntlets and boots don't require a commendation. Do they still have 30+ light?

Yup. All the vendor gear is 33 light now.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Its Miller Time posted:

What is the point of Eros bounties? I did the initial ones to get the Murmur. But now I'm reading on reddit he's going to have some every day? Is it experience similar to the original bounties? Weapons?

Extra experience to level up all your new poo poo. Rep with her faction so that you can buy the stuff she has for sale.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

UberJumper posted:

Does the new raid have any actual raid weapons that drop in normal? I have beaten the first two parts of the raid twice now and haven't seen a single weapon drop for anyone.

It does, but I'm not sure from which encounters. The article on the world first listed the loot they got and it included a couple of weapons.

e: They got the shotgun, fusion rifle, and sniper so those are all normal drops.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Alteisen posted:

Has anyone gotten a dark below weapon from blue engrams?

Nope. I've gotten a few straight from strikes but all the blue engrams have decrypted into old weapons.

I did get a 331 HMG from a purple engram I got from a cryptarch level up though :toot:

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
The Deathsinger part of the raid not dropping loot kinda sucks.

Crota is pretty hard.

The raid is pretty cool.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

RCarr posted:

The reason is so everyone can't max everything out in the first week of the expansion going live. That's the reason.

There are options between getting maxed first week and taking 9 weeks to get to 32, which will probably be mandatory for the hard mode raid that drops next month.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Oh sweet baby jesus after 2.5 months of having half of my vault clogged with blue fusion rifles I finally got the Pocket Infinity bounty.

Obviously this happens while the gun is so bugged that it's unusable :shepface:

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

GonSmithe posted:

When does Xur come again (how many hours from this post)?

He should be there ~2.5 hours from now.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Creepy Goat posted:

Pheww at least I'm not missing the Third Man hat this week. How much do the helmet engrams run?

23 motes.

I got 2 of em, ended up decrypting into a new Symbiote for my hunter (exactly what I wanted) and a new Light Beyond for my Warlock. I really think Light Beyond is super mediocre but a helmet is a helmet so I've got enough gear to get to 31 now.

e: Also upped my Icebreaker so yayyyy to releveling that for the next week :toot:

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Alteisen posted:

I'm using no backup plans though which I really enjoy.

That exotic helmet was a gigantic boost for my hunter, 2 light levels in one go, just need some purple gauntlets now.

And holy poo poo, 10 bounties didn't even make a dent on the exotic helmet, filled the first bubble and like 80% of the 2nd one. :psyduck:

It's like 350,000 exp or something wild like that to fully upgrade an exotic. Have fun.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
I know I'm months late to the Fatebringer party but was there a consensus on Explosive Rounds vs not? I remember reading that it may lower headshot damage or something like that.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Wait so the gloves are the only thing you get from this whole chain? It has nothing to do with that exotic assault rifle?

Christ, guess I needed a 3rd pair of 33 light gloves.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Can you even get 300 exotics anywhere that isn't VoG? Like the non-Roc strike playlists?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
I've never had a problem killing the gatekeeper by just spamming R1. If you do it right it should just chain stagger him and he'll die without ever getting an attack in.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
The nightfall and weekly are both Phogoth + Arc Burn again :suicide:

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Man the Nightfall hasn't given me much love the last few weeks. 5 coins, ascendent shards, then a purple AR with lovely perks just now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Mister Chompers posted:

First raid chest gave me exotics on all 3 characters, so that was nice.

I only got 1.

It was an Icebreaker. The only 331 exotic I already have.

Oh well, an exotic shard is better than nothing I guess.

• Locked thread