Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
OP missed the part where Frodo offered the ring to Galadriel (i.e. a super-elf) and she did a quick synopsis of what would happen (elven North Korea)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

opus111 posted:

i would like to have given her my baby batter iykwim.

would be enslaved forever in her dark kingdom

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Dec 27, 2014

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

what the poo poo do these super powerful beings do all day, hayer just loving lazy as gently caress and are stupid as poo poo. like, use your magic productively you dumb fucks. gandalf uses his magic to get hosed up and honestly thats cool, thats a cool thing to do

why doesn't galadriel or saruman or whatever, like, use their explosive magic to help mine minerals for poor people or something.

and if the elves are so smart why didn't they invent the iPhone huh instead of those faggy bows and arrows. like, use a gun, idiot. if the Manbeast developed firearms the rest of the world would be hosed. or, like, airplanes with guns on them? hosed.

honestly the Age of Man is gonna be the best because you know we're gonna genocide the poo poo out of the ugly ones, and gently caress the poo poo out of the pretty ones (elfs).

heh..... I don't think you ""get"" John Ronald Reuel Tolkien's epic masterwork, my friend :smug:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

and also, like, okay, are elves not loving humans? like, humans idolize the poo poo out of them, so why doesn't some fine-rear end elf sneak on in and woo some fine-rear end human with its 1000-year-old, perfected art of seduction. If they live forever, surely they got good at banging and seducing right, so why are the elves sitting around eating loving vegan black beans out of lettuce cups listening to harps instead of getting into some really depraved sexual poo poo

imagine you had to live forever, and you were looking to entertain yourself. would you listen to another stupid loving sonnet about some dude falling in love or some dude killing/being killed or would you pop down to the slut shack and pick up some PYT.

and also if you're an elf and you're married like you have got to be bored of that girl. what if an elf marries an ugly elf, like, that loving sucks because its not even going to change forever. that ugly elf is gonna be an ugly elf forever.

this is basically the backstory of the Ayleid Empire from the Elder Scrolls. I recommend you play The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to find out more

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Decebal posted:

I see the Ring like an F-35. You need some skills to really control it. This isn't Battlefield Earth

I think the point with the ring was that you *couldn't* destroy it very easily

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

MSPain posted:

Where the hell are you guys gooning up these details about what the ring does and stuff? When I read the books it was just essay after essay about different kinds of trees and a thesaurus worth of words for hills. Never a description of, say, what an orc looked like or what the ring does in practical terms.

read "the Silmarillion" :twisted:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

Why was Sauron such a powerful entity anyway, wasn't he the same kind of thing as Gandalf? Also after they smashed him in that intro sequence in the first lotr movie, why did the world let him recover in the big evil Mordor ontop of a big evil tower as a big evil eye in it, while amassing countless orc armies under his banner

Why was Putin such a powerful Russian politician anyway, wasn't he the same kind of thing as John Brennan? Also after the Berlin Wall fell back in '91, why did the world let him recover and take over the Kremlin, while amassing a bunch of secret Russian tank divisions under his banner

when you know the answer to the latter, then you can answer the former, and vice versa

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 27, 2014

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Rad Gravity posted:

What's Obama's place in all this?

duh, Saruman :smug:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
SJWs = uruk-hai

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Gamergate = green ghost army???

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

Are there any black/asian/latino elves??

sort of?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E%F6l

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

etalian posted:

Saruman was better than Gandalf, he actually seemed to have more free will/personality and found a more original solution to dealing with Sauron.

Gandalf's best plan was sending everyone on a one way suicide mission.

nobody knows what gandalf's original plan was because it went to poo poo the moment they hit moria

Zzulu posted:

the last time he assumed powerful dudebro form this happened;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhjDnrw34QA

also, i love this intro

same

• Locked thread