Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Do it ironically posted:

If you own more than two dogs, and you don't live on a big farm, you're a loving weird get some real friends

I own four dogs and regularly examine their nipples and stomachs to make sure that they don't get dog titty cancer so I guess I am pretty weird. Plus I have ducks that hiss at me when they get excited so I'm super duper weird.

Do you know that people who show dogs actually have 2+ dogs most of the time AND they often do not live on farms AND they get very upset about busy bees?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

ButWhatIf posted:

do i

herd

with corgis

(yes. yes I do.)

I have seen this dog herd IRL and it barks very loud and the sheep understand that they are being screamed at, like when they told their mom they were gay. What I'm saying is Neiugaisuetge herds via hate.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

ButWhatIf posted:

counterpoint: kaydeesemare'e
also i deserve this probably

You just got so close to spelling kd's name right that I'm going to reward you with a cookie or something when herding starts back up. Unless you had a cheat sheet.

PS I rotate my dogs too because my female dane almost murdered that dog with the impossible to spell name by literally just playing way too rough with her because the dane is 100 pounds of pure muscle and insanity and the little dog is like 23 pounds and that poo poo just don't work out. So they get rotated on a 4 hour basis and they get more time with me that way than most single dogs do with people who work full time during the day since I work from home. :)

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Superconsndar posted:

I can not legally fight dogs so all I can do is impotently own well bred apbts before they die out.....u win this round.... Gbs

If you fought your retarded, ugly loving bat dog I would watch and not give one gently caress because plenty of other countries around the world do it. I sat in on bull fights and mongoose/snake fights in Japan. If I'd wanted to go see dogs fight, I could've found a place that would've let me in with one of my jap friends. We fight shitloads of animals and watch astronomical numbers of them die for different reasons. People just fuckin LOVE watching the lion rip apart a baby zebra on the discovery channel because "that's what they do and it's neat" but you can't apply it to dogs because they are Doggies and Innocent Fur Angels or some stupid bullshit.

On the flipside, now I want to see a pit race a lion to a baby zebra.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

dirtycajun posted:

Okay I would pay to see that too.

At Super's house the baby zebra would end up getting hosed in the rear end by a somehow-faster boston terrier that wheezed and grunted and quacked all the way there. And then it'd be too awkward for the pitbull or the lion and they'd just go get a beer together and try to talk about other things.

You might say it'd be a monochrotastrophe B)

dirtycajun posted:

All I have learned is that the only pet anyone in this thread is responsible enough to care for is fish, and that is a maybe at best.

YOU loving AREN'T APPARENTLY

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

dirtycajun posted:

Hey now, my fish are doing great! JUST GREAT, DON'T COUNT HOW MANY ARE THERE drat IT.

the only fish that are doing great in your life is the fishy smelly in your mangina.

jesus christ seriously that avatar is.. is.. somethin'.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

DOT

COM

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

My Lil Parachute posted:

I'm not reading 20 pages but has SuperCondensor arrived yet to 'ironically' defend pitbulls even though they have already eaten a puppy and would happily kill her and everyone she cares about?

These things were specifically bred for a purpose that is now illegal (maiming/killing other dogs), so should all be sterilized.

1. Her name is Supercondescending

2. She's not ironically defending anything.

3. Banning dog fighting is pretty stupid

4. Just like you're pretty stupid.

5. Since I would rip your face off and poo poo down your throat while destroying your mom's oval office with both fists at the same time, I guess that makes me a human with pitbull like instincts. Please, for the love of all that's holy, sterilize my gay rear end so I can stop asking my doctor for a hysterectomy. Thanks.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

HogX posted:

Actually lets just Holocaust all the pit bulls. We'll be like Hitler, except our holocaust will have actually happened.

Shut the gently caress up, Bash.

(oh my god I got to say it on SA :neckbeard: )

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Superconsndar posted:

Since I can not legally fight dogs I have to decided to pit myself against the single game bred dog that I own, to be locked in battle until one, or both of us dies game, in protest of gbs having opinions about game dogs

Shut up Super, you could put Woop's food under a cup and he'd die of starvation before he figured it out. Winning against him ain't hard.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

dirtycajun posted:

No, it's the pig that they want to gently caress them.

Well if the pig has a 30 minute orgasm, maybe the pig can give a 30 minute orgasm.

Superconsndar posted:

He'd Woo it till the cup fell over and he'd win, u don't know what he's capable of

He's not capable of winning a beauty contest. Honey Boo Boo would beat that fucker.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

My Lil Parachute posted:

I propose we ban pitbulls, but they deserve better than a needle to the neck. Let's build a giant walled televised arena and airdrop in the nation's pitbulls as they are discovered. The dogs will go down doing what they were bred to do, pitbull nutters get to watch battles to the death, and the rest of us will be finally free of the pitbull curse. Everyone wins.

Did a pitbull gently caress your mom while you watched or something

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

PartyCrown posted:

if ur dog hasn't killed at least one small furry creature it should be euthed hth

Same, but with children.

My Lil Parachute posted:

If you're going to go for novelty fights, what about starting with Pugs? They're another useless dog breed that should be discarded in favor of more noble breeds, such as the Maremma

Oh my god I'm not even kidding, I wanna watch a couple of stupid loving pugs fight.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

My Lil Parachute posted:

Think of the sort of person that, out of all possible dog breeds, sees Pit Bulls and their atrocious murder record and things "yep that's the dog for me".

My chosen breed(s) murder the gently caress out of everything including loving lions. Great danes, anatolian shepherds, and rhodesian ridgebacks. Dogs were originally harnessed to be murder companions. The world runs on murder you weak, limp-cocked motherfucker. Either embrace the fact that a bazillion things die for you to live every single day, down to tiny tiny bacteria and up to cool poo poo like giraffees and child sweatshop workers, or step the gently caress off this mortal wheel into the vast oblivion. I got about a dozen ways I could suggest you do that too.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

dirtycajun posted:

What if a pit bull gets hit by a car in front of me and I go and take it to the vet after the driver hits and runs. Do I just tell them to euth it or can I be allowed to have a new pit friend?

You aren't allowed to touch dogs anymore. Not until you change your avatar.

wtftastic posted:

Lmao what is farming it must be blood sports food comes from a grocery store. :downs:

I don't even eat meat and I just loving rip the heads off my quail with my bare hands when I need to euth one quick (usually because they hurt themselves somehow because quail are goddamn stupid) and don't give one remote gently caress while it's little neck nubbin spurts blood off into the distance.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Superconsndar posted:

Gbs misgendered me; I am a Female owner of hell dogs and I need to talk to a mod bc this is just really hosed up for them to assume that I was a guy

They do this every pit bull thread and I don't forget, we need to talk about the state of gender biases and presentations within game dog enthusiasts.

I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, you're a dude, 'cuz we're all dudes hey

wtftastic posted:

No u see dogs don't do anything and they never have

*gazes longly at pugapoos and jackshits wandering the neighborhood unattended*

I will loving end you.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

My Lil Parachute posted:

My dogs have murdered the gently caress out of prey animals and would probably eat any cat that made it over the 6ft fence, but are not bred for unprovoked aggression to humans and other dogs. This is because, unlike pitbull owners, I'm not a complete psychopath.

No you're an ignorant rear end sucking retard

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Ruddha posted:

All dogs have the capacity to be good boys, and it's our job as human people to help them be, that.

Ruddha I like you and enjoy your presence and will not eat your face in this thread :)

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

My Lil Parachute posted:

Herding dogs! Smart, athletic, generally don't eat people.
Retrievers! Probably a bit dumber, carry things in their mouths everywhere, good family dogs
Livestock Guardian Dogs! Intelligent & loyal, ideal "exotic" dog for apartment owners.
Spitz breeds! Awesome if you like cats but think they're too small and not fluffy enough
Pitbulls! Bred to kill other dogs, have a history of murdering children & other peoples animals, but "Killer would never do that he's always cuddly" *escapes fence and attacks a girl & her lab*

Would you like an actual education about dogs or would you like to keep gobbling the knob of retards

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

My Lil Parachute posted:

Please tell me what reason I should buy a pitbull-mix when there are so many cool breeds that aren't aggressive around.

No "breed" is non aggressive 100%. Dogs are all varying degrees of assholes, yeah. But do you even know what makes up a pit? What are you qualifying as "aggression"? A pal of mine had a sharpei. It destroyed her guinea pigs. That's "aggression" but your retarded rear end mindset. Chihuahas bite the gently caress out of everybody all the time. That's "aggression" but it's not reported becuase "hahaha tito doesn't like you!" is okay.

You should get a pit if you want one. I don't give a gently caress what dog's dick you decide to suck on cam this week. But your ideas about aggression are retarded. There's so many layers and levels of "aggression" and reasons for it and different dog reasons behind all of it that just labeling it all as "aggression" is dumb as gently caress.

You though? You should probably stick to something stupid, like a golden retriever, and just stuff purina in it's stupid throat.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

My Lil Parachute posted:

Yeah but a lgd that went on a murder spree would be put down, not explicitly bred from because it's Game.

yup.

An LGD that went on a murder spree for the right reason would be worth it's weight in gold you stupid gently caress

My retriever-y mutt thing herds. Sorta. I mean, there's a lot of dog-based yelling involved but she gets into it.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Fargin Icehole posted:

a pitbull mauling his owner is the sith way

discuss

Starwars is fake.

My Lil Parachute posted:

Not Prey Drive. Pitbull-mixes seem to have the bad combination of wanting to attack people.dogs, being strong enough to cause damage, and have a reputation of being a "mean dog" for retards to own.

No-one cares about a bitey rat-dog because a pack of them won't race up to little Susie walking her poodle and rip it to bits.

So I guess you think gay dudes have a lisp too eh, Mr. Stereotypes

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

My Lil Parachute posted:

You were talking about a LGD that attacked the animals it was supposed to be guarding you pitbull-loving cretin.

No I wasn't you goddamn retard shitbastard

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

PartyCrown posted:

yes please tell us about your lovely driveless husky from unproven show lines who has never done anything meaningful

He is a dog that lives in a crate and occasionally pees for ten minutes.

You maybe should get that checked out.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I mean not that I'm one to talk here. Amy's big accomplishment in life is running around the yard real fast. Oh and there was that whole "she woke me up when the house was on fire and saved my life" thing. I guess.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

do you mean inbred as gently caress or...

She means it's a husky that can't be a husky.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

How is this not connecting into all y'all's brains? It's weird to own a dog that you can't trust around other dogs. Most people own dogs that won't attack and kill other dogs for no reason. If you have to put your dog in a crate because you can't trust it not to kill the other dogs in the household, that is a terrible loving dog.

How is it not connecting in your loving retarded brain that dogs can be trusted around some other dogs (or may not be able to, depending on the dog) based on so many more factors than your goddamned idiotic rear end can comprehend? Literally every dog PI person posting in this thread has spent years, some of us a decade or more, researching the breeds that we have now or have had in the past. You know how TFR gets really spergy about guns? We're the spergs about pets because we are just fuckin fascinated by how their dumb fuckin brains work and how their husbandry is applied.

My dane, Amy, just overloads around smaller dogs. She doesn't mean to hurt them, but she does because she's stupid. She's 100 pounds of retardation and high strung crazy. Sure, you can kinda bridle that some days but even if I sat there beating the ever loving gently caress out of her (or tssting or whatever stupid poo poo you people think works that doesn't actually work, hint hint) it is way less expensive in vet bills and less painful in blood to just put her in a crate for a few hours, let the smaller dogs in the house out to play, then reverse that situation after a few hours. And just do that throughout the day, especially when you work from home (like me and Super do). I can trust her around my older dane, because he can put up with her goofy bullshit and if she grabs him or shoulderblocks him, it's not going to hurt him. Amy stepped on one of the little dogs and broke that dog's ribs. If she stepped on my older dane, he'd just kick her off.

If Super's puppy had been an adult dog, it probably would've stomped the pit that killed it. Size is such a huge factor that you guys aren't even bothering to comprehend. Crate and rotate is probably the most responsible thing you can do if you have pets that just can't cohabitate for any reason. Mine is size. Hers is because her doofus dogs wanna yank on each other's ears and scream about it or chomp on each other or whatever. My parents crate and rotate because they have an akita mix that will straight up murder any other dog around it- yet I can walk up to him, grab him and flop him on his back for belly rubs and so can anybody else. Even your ugly rear end could.

It isn't weird. It requires a hell of a lot more effort, and maybe putting that much effort into a dog is weird. But when you have the time to do it and you really like the dog (or dogs) involved, there's not really a good reason not to do it.

Most people that own dogs don't even loving understand simple poo poo like how to get their dogs to sit, stay and lay down without Petco telling them how to do it. PI's regulars do not represent, generally, the average dog owner. Most of us are involved in at least one animal sport or work our dogs in some way. We have people that range from Super with her murderpits who can balance a newborn chick on their heads because she's worked with them to make them loving behave while she gets the camera, to people like alifeless whose Cohen is a wonderdog that could probably save the US economy if alifeless taught her math. Personally, my danes are retired because one is 9 and a half and the other is almost 7. That's ancient in dane years and I don't expect much from them anymore other than quasi-manners when people come over. They used to do conformation showing. My little dogs have a few ribbons in novice rally (and two in novice agility), and the other is learning how to herd sheep and may or may not get involved in flyball (this one is a matter of finding a group that works for us).

PI generally works their asses off for their dogs because we can, not because we have to or because we're loving them or whatever SA meme is currently dripping around. But when we talk about dogs, we really do know what we're talking about. And 90% of you stupid shitbags don't.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Crewmine posted:

listen rear end in a top hat if you don't understand why I turned my house into a warzone by getting a selection of pets that all want to brutally maim one another and me then I don't even know where to BEGIN with you

lol if you saw her house the only part of it that's a warzone is where she's probably flung her laptop at the wall because of you fuckin people. it's the most cookie cutter martha stewart poo poo, you wouldn't even believe it. If she held pit fights you'd need a monocle to attend that poo poo.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Skarsnik posted:

I think pet island should probably be kept in a crate and rotated out with the other forums for the good of us all

I'm gonna piss in it, knock over my water and then poo poo in the water and you're going to have to clean it up. Happy Morning To You.

People crate their dogs to go to work. People crate their dogs when they leave. That dog don't know why it's goin in a crate and that dog don't care. It lays down and goes to sleep.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Skarsnik posted:

Well I suppose it beats flipping out and killing everything I guess :shrug:

You guys have to understand: they don't "flip out" and kill everything. This is what they were made to do. We made them to do it this way because we wanted really hot dogs (I'm using hot in the sense of "you need a lot of work to deal with this animal" hot. Like certain horses or venomous snakes) that did this kind of thing. Humanity prized them. Super still does, and she manages them. One slip up caused her the loss of a puppy, and sometimes that poo poo happens. I can't even begin to tell you how many dogs I know that aren't remotely "bully breeds" (pits, staffies, etc, etc) that would have still murdered the poo poo out of that puppy because they are particularly intolerant of puppies, because they have high prey drives, because of a million different reasons. The pit is a terrier. There are a million other terriers and they are just as violent to their particular prey animal. Just because the pit's main prey animal was other pits, doesn't make it a bad dog. It just means you have to be super fuckin cautious when managing them. If you're up for the challenge and aware that poo poo can happen like Super's puppy and you accept it, it's no different than owning any other terrier. I've known tons of terriers and terrier mutts that murdered cats, birds, indoor small pets, and bit the poo poo out of kids and adults alike.

This is why I am not a terrier person, but wow I bet lots of you guys know lots of people who have a fat little jack russell or a doofy little cairn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Crewmine posted:

i prize my drawer full of poisonous snakes. yeah, sometimes i slip up and 5 or 6 get out into the neighbors', but sometimes that poo poo just happens alright

You're joking but the pi collective just watched a dude who got bit by a venomous snake just hang out til his finger bone fell out and even we think he's nuts.

• Locked thread