Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

lol, typical scrub lawmaker mistake. next time explicitly state in the law that the fire hydrant has to be accessible and operational in case of fire. it also should NOT emit Zyklon B, Zyklon A or gasoline at any time.

but you'll get the hang of it eventually, don't worry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

i'm guessing that it takes 10sec with google to find several modern studies showing the relation between sleep deprivation, regular breaks and concentration/learning ability.

so, what's going on with the school management? brain damage from melamine during childhood?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Gorilla Salad posted:

Why do doctors make interns work 100 hour weeks in hospitals even though it puts patents' lives at risk? Because if I did it, they have to, too. Made me the man I am today. *spit*

i have seriously no idea. maybe to see if they can keep their poo poo together under extreme conditions? a lot of people are great at things under optimal conditions, but fall apart under stress and make huge mistakes.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Has China discovered the wonders of Ritalin&co yet? Looking at the "vitamin" fortified milk powder craze I think they are ready to take that poo poo to the next level.

"Sir, I think we can get these children to only 2h32m of regular down-time per day, with minimal cardiovascular damage. Losses should be minimal."

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

oohhboy posted:

I approve of hurt Chinese feelings.
Barrack Obama tweeted:

"Lol, meeting for dinner with hollande tomorrow. hope they will have something without frogs, snails or fries on menus. Lol. Siege heil!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

how much does imported milk powder cost in China? is it really more expensive than fedexin' it over from all across the world?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I just can't believe that no one in western companies has figured out a way to make money from this. There must be a reliable way to check if a product is untempered at home, right? Maybe involving buttcoin encryption and shady electric wiring?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Zzulu posted:

What's all this about milk powder?? WHat have i missed

i'm working on a milkpowder-China-bitcoin scam. are you looking to invest?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

JaucheCharly posted:

Thx. I've always wanted to have my casket launched into an open sewage canal. Or is it cremation in a trash bin?

You can check out the lenghts that chinese go to produce counterfeit drugs. The pharma industry would surely buy you a new adidas tracksuit and some sneakers if you come up with way to make counterfeiting and tempering impossible.

I'm gonna be the idea man, if you do the ppt presentations

tokenized product codes; slap one outside on the box to scan with your smartphone, slap one inside the box. the one inside the box can only be checked once and is invalidated after that. it also tells you what randomised hidden dye they added to this box, if you want to go the extra mile and buy their patented chemical dye reagent set. website for all of this is hosted in the us.

I think this is doable with costs <1000$ per box of powder. any investors?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Fun story: one of the biggest clothing retailers in Germany is known for constantly selling poisonous crap to children, including toys. If someone complains about it they have some early warning system were they can remove the dangerous crap quickly from all stores nationwide. But if no ones complains it's all fair game. Other stuff they are famous for: locking all emergency exits in their stores and having been a customer of that collapsed Bangladeshi factory where hundreds of people died. This company make >1 billion in revenue each year, people love it so much.

So maybe China is unto something here.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

is there a full series of these with other life advice like "respect you parents"& "study hard"?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Why am I sitting on a chair that could shoot a steel rod up my rear end at any moment and kill me? I'm not even joking, are there any office chairs not made in China left in this world that I could get? If not then I need to invest in kevlar underpants.

spankmeister posted:

So is it the year of the goat or year of the sheep I'm confused.

It's 2015

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Taiwan is definitely not lacking in the "no compasion or responsibility" realm.

Last time I was there, I was in a cab. The taxi driver made a pretty sharp right turn into an alleyway, right in front of a 4~5 year old little girl with an umbrella running to catch up with her mom. It was loving horrifying and there was no more than a single second difference between her smashing into the passenger door at a run and being under the front tire. Luckily it was only the former that happened. I think the taxi driver would have immediately taken off had I not jumped out to check on the kid.

That's what taxi drivers are like everywhere. Fuckers don't give a poo poo about anything or anyone, the only thing that keeps them from plowing through sidewalks and kindergarten playgrounds is our functioning and swift justice system.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

My girlfriend's mom was born in Shanghai in the early 1950s. When she was a kid, she had a pet bunny. Like, explicitly a pet and not just some wild rabbit that hung around. One day, during the famine, she came home to find her pet inside - cooked and on the dinner table. :(

at least she didn't have to eat her parents rotting corpses, like all the regular starving children.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

goldboilermark posted:

LOL

in all seriousness, i hear this all the time. "i want to attend ___(fill in name)___ because i can study there and i want to learn at ___(fill in name)__ university." so i told one of the kids "ok, you can't just say that. would you tell a girl you want her to be your girlfriend because she is a girl, and you want a girl for a girlfriend?" and he goes "...why not?"

the best ever response to a question like this, though, was this kid i was working with who is in the US HS system now, no idea how he's doing, but we were doing interview practice and i asked him "if you could go anywhere in the world, where would you want to travel and what makes that place special?" and he literally told me "i would go to a place i want to go to, because this place is a place i would like to travel there, so if i could go to that place, then i would go there because i want to go there" and i actually did this :ughh:

I have a dick, you have a vagina. I have a degree, you have a graduate program. so let's work something out here my friend, for our mutual benefit. lets skip all that formal mumbo jumbo.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

wait, what? that story is completely retarded. why is eating a human flesh considered a meal at all? why is the folk tale about cannibalism ending with riches and rewards for the cannibals instead of a lesson that it's probably better to starve to death than to eat humans.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

best looking part of the human body tastes best, ground breaking news here

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I ate a cow once. pigs too.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Zo posted:

dog meat buffet or a night with hui ruoqi???

Hui ruoqi buffet and a night with the dogs

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

what's worse for your lungs, Chinese city air or a pack of cigarettes a day?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I have saved maybe 10 images or so from the forums over the years and that's one of them, it's magical :allears:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

JaucheCharly posted:

How many chinese tourists are pecked to death by birds each year?

definitely not enough

i hope there are still some animals left on this planet when china finally gets their poo poo together. it's not like the industrializing noble white man left the animal kingdom in the best shape.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

... and that's why teaching history is actually important. THE END.

while we are at it: chinas attempts at suffocating its cities in smog is absolutely pathetic in comparison to what the UK managed to pull off. the killer fog of 52' took 4000 innocent souls :unsmigghh:

quote:

There was no panic, as London was renowned for its fog. In the weeks that ensued, however, statistics compiled by medical services found that the fog had killed 4,000 people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Smog

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

goldboilermark posted:

i had no idea swans were so dangerous

they aren't, goons are just a bunch of pussies.

for comparison, here are some non-pussified "chinese" kids wrestling with a baby bear for fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvMv9tM-0UA

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

simplefish posted:

I lived in a town with a massive swan population and never got attacked. Then went to a university with a lake, and while some of the geese were belligerent bell ends, I never had issues with the swans.

How the hell is there this much swan hate?

i know some people who grew up on farms and they really hate geese. swans on the other hand are probably an internet thing and all about that youtube video where some guy gets attacked by them in his boat.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

BattleCattle posted:

Swans terrify me because they are large relentless velociraptors that can fly.

this thread is giving me the urge to strangle a swan. i think i'm gonna strangle a swan today. wish me luck.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Bhodi posted:

waitwhatnoyou'lldie

if you never hear from me again you know what happened. STAY AWAY FROM THE SWANS!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

i'm gonna go with bumper protectors.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

China goons, is there some western habit that Chinese people are as outraged about as we are about street making GBS threads& casual wildlife molestation? Stuff like Putin giving his jacket to some freezing head honchos wife and people taking it as a huge insult.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

caberham posted:

Oh here we go, someone is dissing manufacturing, I gotta step in :china:

I'm in Chinese manufacturing and part of the US supply chain. We actually laser etch our products "MADE IN THE USA"

Proudly made in Upper ShanghAi

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Digital Fingers posted:

If a persons drowning and is near anywhere near your own body weight and you don't have a life jacket or some sort of floaty to help you then trying to save them is probably going to kill your rear end as well.

Like, even personally- with my superior western ethics- i'd try to save a kid or maybe a small lady or maybe get my rear end killed for one of my brothers but if you're a bigger dude and a stranger i'm not going near you.

but would you save a drowning chimp?

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

if you want to save a drowning person that is flailing around in a panic, just wait until they have exhausted themselves. when they start to sink you can grab them. stay away from panicking people! hit them if necessary!

jesus christ, please don't punch drowning people. you sure it was a life guard training?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Koramei posted:

Knock them out. Drowning people panic and panicking people are much harder to rescue, to the point it might put both your lives at risk.

please tell me this is a real thing. i wanna see a lifeguard trying to punch out some drowning fool at least once in life.

it's a pretty hard thing to do on dry land, must look hilarious while in the water.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Grand Fromage posted:

imagine you were white and born and raised in China and are entirely Chinese but literally everyone all the time calls you foreigner and speaks English at you, a language you have no knowledge of because you're from Chongqing and have never traveled abroad and didn't give a poo poo about learning it in school because your parents were from uh, Finland so it's not like you spoke English at home either

How can you be Chinese, when you are clearly white? You are not making any sense.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

It ridiculous how much exposure people in western cities get to foreigners and foreign cultures. Paris gets something like tens of millions of visitors from every part of the planet each year.

China didn't even have a local tourism industry two decades ago.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

"I love the black people because you express yourselves through dance. Can you break dance?"

wow. that's pretty impressive.

my only chinese "do you ___?" story is pretty lame in comparison. I got asked why Europeans eat cheese. I asked her back why she eats things herself and then it dawned on her.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

So, whitey is just inherently incapable of learning asian languages? They manage to learn foreign languages themselves, how do they not connect the dots on this poo poo?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

WarpedNaba posted:

[Insert ethnicity here] is innately superior, whitey just caught us by surprise, that's all!

Temporarily embarrassed master race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Morkies posted:

The history of the world tells a tale of the continual displacement of populations, each by a worthier successor, and humanity gains thereby. We ourselves are no descendents of the aborigines of Britain, and our colonists were invaders of the regions they now occupy as their lawful home. But the countries into which the Anglo-Saxon race can be transfused are restricted to those where the climate is temperate. The Tropics are not for us, to inhabit permanently; the greater part of Africa is the heritage of people differently constituted to ourselves. On that continent, as elsewhere, one population continually drives out another. Consider its history as it extends over successive centuries. We note how Arab, Tuarick, Fellatah, Negroes of uncounted varieties, Cadre, Hottentot surge and reel to and fro in the struggle for existence. It is into this free flight among all present that I wish to see a new competitor introduced-namely, the Chinaman. The gain would be immense to the whole civilized world if we were to out-breed and finally displace the negro, as completely as the latter has displaced the aborigines of the West Indies. The magnitude of the gain may be partly estimated by making the converse supposition –namely, the loss that would ensue if China were somehow to be depopulated and restocked by negroes.

The pressure of population in China is enormous, and its outflow is great and increasing. There is no lack of material for a suitable immigration into Africa. I do not say that it would be possible at any moment to persuade communities of men and women from Southern China to establish themselves in Africa; but I am assured, by excellent authorities, that occasions of political disturbances frequently arise when it would be practicable to do so by the promise of a free, or nearly free, grant of land. The Chinese have a land hunger, as well as a love for petty traffic, and they would find a field in which to gratify both of these tastes on the East African Coast. There are many Chinese capitalists resident in foreign parts who might speculate in such a system and warmly encourage it. If once successfully started, it ought to maintain itself. The colonist could not starve; and when they began to succeed they would send money to their relatives to enable them to follow, just as they now do from the many other parts of the world where they are located. For these reasons it is probable that the streams of emigration from China have sufficient "head" to enable them to reach and overflow the coasts of Eastern Africa if they were watched and judiciously diverted in that direction.

I have finally to speak of the political effort necessary to secure a free right of occupancy and of settlement at suitable points on the coast. No very serious obstacle seems to stand in the way; certainly none was met with when Liberia was founded. It is probable that as the success of such an enterprise would be of equally great value to all nations commercially interested in those parts, no national jealousy would be excited by its promotion, and the necessary territory could be obtained with little difficulty and at a small cost, to be advanced in the first instance as a charge on the land and hereafter to be redeemed.

So, did the withe man make it or did he perish from this world? Post the rest and stop teasing.

• Locked thread