Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Zombies' Downfall easily claims 13th post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Finally got the spare mats to ult Athena, then sat staring at her in my monster box for a couple minutes thinking "welp, now I have to max skill Athena".

I remember a time when this PAD life was exciting.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Powers posted:

So, I started playing last week, and rerolled yesterday based on the guide. Pulled a Parvati from the REM, but the levels are starting to get challenging.

I can help! 337,955,211

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

heisenberg posted:

I should really piece together a Wadatsumi team, but it's such a mindfuck to try and put together a team without awakenings nowadays. And it's all blue all the time, so Horus and RoBu seem like a bit of a bad idea. Mono-green seems like a bad idea with U&Y constantly stealing hearts. What do folks use for this dungeon?

The drive to farm orbs is strong indeed - strong enough to make me want to farm descends I gave zero fucks about before.

If you're just looking to do it on Legend for the drop, SoD Luci makes it surprisingly easy. Nothing can oneshot you or outpace your recovery except Wadatsumi sub 25% (and you only need to get him to 36% to double-tap him with Luci).

Haven't tried it on Mythical so if that's your goal or you want to beat it in less than 30 minutes, well

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
15 burner stones
- Siren
- Water Dragon Swordsman
- GOLD EGG!!! (Angelious :rolleyes:)

Bummerfest

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I have a Ronia and I've never leveled/evoed her, in contrast to... Artemis, Parvati, Genbu, Seiryu, Athena, LKali, SoD Luci, and probably three or four other circumstantially useful leaders I'm forgetting.

I guess I should do that. I was able to get Satan and Beelzebub with my Parvati team without sinking more than the one stone I got back from clearing them, which I think is the game's way of telling me to try devils finally.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

470nanometers posted:

Would Ceres be useful on any team if left in the un-Ult evo'd stage, or should I pick one of the easier Ult evos (G/L or G/D) to evolve into? Or would that be a waste of material? I don't have the materials for the Awoken version yet.

G/D Ceres is a really good sub for SoD/Archangel Lucifer teams because she's perfectly built for stalling (massive RCV, 100% bind immunity and bind removal awakenings), her active skill can be popped for a full heal after using Morning Star, and her D sub means she gets the 2/2 multiplier. Angel Luci is still one of the easier, if more time consuming and mind numbing, ways to run a bunch of the low and mid tier descendeds.

Otherwise, old ult Ceres is really only good for her bind immunity/removal awakenings in specific dungeons on specific teams where using her isn't as much of an opportunity cost. Her active skill is pretty worthless for most high level teams because the cooldown is so long and at this point her leader skill really isn't needed for anything. I'd ult her though just because the materials to do so and to revert it when you get the mats for G/G Ceres really aren't hard to farm at all.

Baku fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 6, 2015

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Somebody talk to me about swole Athena team construction. Do you go mono-light?

Things I have that seem germane: Izanagi, L Kali, DQXQ, L Hera, L Meta, Indra, Valk, Verche, Raphael

I've barely used any of my light poo poo and basically need to level all of it, and evolve a couple of them, so it'd be helpful to have an idea who I should be working on for a Godsquad.

Baku fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 13, 2015

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Postal Parcel posted:

LS: SOUL・OF・LOVE
increases ATK based on your HP, up to 3.5x. orb move time slightly increases

Huh, wonder what the threshhold for 3x+ is and how much increased orb time

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'd like to introduce everyone to my new friends, Genie and Lemon Dragon.

Heh.

EDIT: I knew I should've just pulled more on the FoNS machine since I only hit it twice, but I still don't own a single Norse god and felt bad about it

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Broseph Brostar posted:

Ok beginner here, I got AA Lucifer as my starting god a week ago and I rolled Freyja and Karin today. Should I use one of them as my new leader, or should I stick with Mamiya. I'm up to the final part of the Castle of Satan and my max cost is 47.

You're actually in a great position. For general use right now stick with Freyja with other green bonus leaders, but later on Karin is great for endgame content due to her high multiplayer and color-agnostic nature and AA Luci will help you get some entry-level Descended guys like Hera and Valkyrie easy. Don't get rid of any of them, if you run out of space spend some free stones on boxes.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I guess I got a Ra with my 5-for-1 bundle deal

Whatever man

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Losing my mind narrowly failing Zhao Yun Legend on floor 5 and 6 because I keep making stupid mistakes with health/phasing on level 5 or puzzling badly on ZY. Pull it together Athena.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Skillup mats you have to evolve that require poo poo from that many different dungeons are real bad, my Genbu is sitting at level 2 or 3 too and I can't muster the will to max skill her

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ironsolid posted:

Sorry this made me really happy

I GOT GOEMON FROM CHALLENGE DESCENDED!!!!

Given that my main leaders were Artemis and Parvati for so long I'd never actually even tried Takemin until today, when I tried him with a mostly-green Athena team. He's real easy, just the two Athena's TPAs (which are basically guaranteed along with a decent chain due to the Wood/Dark exclusion) is enough to carry me to the boss and my skills being on CD and then I can oneshot him.

Now I'm kind of hype to see how far I can actually get in Descended Challenge.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Just when I thought I was done with monogreen, they pulllll me back in

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I think it's kind of useless to speculate about what Super Parvati's active and leader skills will be at this point. Parvati is perfectly serviceable as both a leader and a sub on several different types of teams, while the Roman 1 gods were basically niche subs for very specific teams/dungeons when those ults arrived and they really needed the revamp and buff.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I impulse-bought a dozen stones in an attempt to grab a Shiva or Lakshmi, since I don't own any of the Indian 2 gods either. I got a Toyceratops and another GrOdin.

Until I have three more GrOdins I'll never feel bad about rolling one.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Karnegal posted:

Ocean God - Awoken Skills Invalid

I've apparently beat Wadatsumi before, but I have no clue what team I used or if I 0-stoned.

Thoughts on potential teams - https://www.padherder.com/user/Karnegal/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0;default,0

If you're not averse to leveling poo poo or spending an hour clearing it, AA Luci.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, did not expect Awakened Parvati to lose her God typing. I'm also in that boat of being unsure how to feel about this now.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dely Apple posted:

I finally get my NA Athena team going to find out that GungHo hates gods now? :argh:

She's still really good and will be for the foreseeable future unless they start removing God from existing evolutions and poo poo.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any more information about the teased second Final Fantasy collab, or on the prospect of the DBZ collab coming to North America? All of this new exciting stuff and free piis and all is great but I really need a hypermaxed Cloud and Goku to be friends with everyone.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
So I'm picking up some variously colored piis, which I've had before, from the Descended Challenge event. Any recommendations on good monsters to use these on besides Awoken Greeks?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
They could just be telling people who aren't particularly clever or aware to save them for the next time evo mats or kings are in the regular PAL machine.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Man I somehow have 35 free stones and already have one of like every Japanese god in the game making it really hard to justify rolling in this fest

But Pandora and Perseus and Norns

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Roll until gold and saving the rest of my free stones for a non-Japanese fest or an event REM or something: Shaitan, Strawberry Dragon, thinking "this was a mistake"... Pandora

Works for me, I didn't have any of the heroes and she's the one everybody talks about so

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Came within a hair's breadth of 0-stoning Zeus Dios with Athena and rage stoned twice for the drop. 1 net stone isn't bad for a trophymon but more importantly, I have a Ceres :getin:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

madstrike posted:

Paprika showing how swole gooeyman now is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXFNMC0nO5w

I really wanna main Awoken Goemon, which means I definitely don't want the REM to give me a Rodin during the next godfest. Nope. Definitely not.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
8500 points/17 pulls on the evo egg machine; 2 -lits, 2 fruits, and 1 jewel. I feel like it's only a slightly better deal than regular pal machine during a rare evo event, except that it can't generate useless junk or unfortunately tamas.

Eh

The real goal of this event will be to finally evolve and feed all those green chasers sitting in my box for months

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Jinnigan posted:

this thing is a loving lie. i've been trying to get a verche all day with no luck

I've been trying to max skill mine and despite it being a 2.5x skillup event I think I'm 1/15

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Freebie roll until gold...
Fairlio
Lemon Dragon
Gronia

Weird

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

dragon enthusiast posted:

I don't think it's unreasonable to lash out at being treated like poo poo, even if it is goony. People are frustrated at GungHo and they take out their frustration in... creative ways.

I think the disconnect lies in interpreting "we're pushing back this update" as "they're treating us like poo poo". It's like that idea that suffering is relative and some people know so little of actual hardship that WoW being down for an entire evening or whatever is grounds for incredible frustration and emotional outbursts.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I swear to god I miss Star Vault every single time, today it fell during the middle of my lecture

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Man, I always forget how much harder Valkyrie is than any other descended boss from that era unless you just oneshot her on your first turn

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

GoodBee posted:

I think I'll get killed by the shieldras if I go Kirin or Athena.

I didn't have a problem with this, with the caveat that my entire Athena team is L/G or G/L so green 4-matches and rows work really well and make it easier to avoid accidental light matches than with, say, a Kirin team.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I want to enter Awakened Parvati's Brand New World and leave Athena behind but I'm afraid

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Something like 0/20 on Athena skillups now. Maybe this is the game's way of telling me to do Awakened Parvati? I don't know

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ironsolid posted:

Anyone else a little iritated that the gala of flame coincides with this godfest?

Hell naw, I need Awakened Goemon subs

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

dragon enthusiast posted:

Wait nevermind I do have a Snow White, when the hell did that happen

I was convinced until this afternoon that I'd never rolled a single Norse god, then realized today that I've had an unevolved I&I sitting in my box for like a year

Discovering things with even moderate utility you didn't know you had owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
1. Cao Cao
2. Chiyome
3. Guivre Chimera

I'll stop there. Three gold in a row but the rolls are progressively degrading, and I got what I came for (red subs).

• Locked thread