Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

T-Square posted:

I'm fairly certain Honda did not build an engine for McLaren, and infact, have actually just bolted a snarling angry beast to the McLaren chassis. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7_cri3BX3M

Well, the 3 bps transfer rate on the audio probably doesn't help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Time to bounce it off the end bumper and tuck the cue up against the 8 so they can't hit the 2 try and knock the 8 out of place. ;)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Raluek posted:

Aren't there entire youtube channels dedicated to exactly this?

This one's the absolute best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIhGJyLR6TI

He's an ex F1 driver, she's his wife.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Powershift posted:

I just had an awesome idea.

An old V8 van with a big weiand blower, and just cut out whatever you need to cut out to make it fit.

A big whining gently caress-off blower sticking out of the hood is cool
A big whining gently caress-off blower sticking out of the dash is cooler.

Ok but have you heard of a poster by the name of Fuzzkill, cause the Corolla may not have had a cabin-mount supercharger, but the intake was plumbed through the firewall into the passenger footwell which has most of the effect.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Rhyno posted:

This was a great day.

That is all, carry on.

:pervert:?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Geirskogul posted:

On the additional money. Remember this. A LOT of people get confused and think this means that all of your money is taxed at a higher rate, which it isn't. The additional money that falls over the bracket limit is, and people sometimes forget to increase their deduction on each paycheck to compensate, which is why you end up with higher owed amounts. Your W2 (or 1099, or that funny contractor one) can be changed at any time. Also, going up in money sometimes eliminates specific tax breaks designed for the lower bracket.

If they did in fact go up a bracket, I'd bet money this is the case.

E: Someone needs to make a graph of gross income vs how much is left after tax so this is more obvious.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 9, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

oh boy I am really looking forward to my first statistics test tomorrow.

Even better, I have a rookie professor and she's an adjunct whose day job is at a hospital, so she's inexperienced at teaching and she's just completely sapped by the time class starts.

This is gonna be one of those classes that I just "survive", as opposed to "pass".

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

blindjoe posted:

Basically everything is normal and been done before.

As I remind my mom and sister when they're stressing over the latter's daughter (my niece), we used to raise these things in caves.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So I just got to sit and listen to a couple old folks (my moms' uncle and aunt) yammer slowly about their various RV adventures for several hours nonstop. Apparently they got caught in the Atlanta shitstorm last year when it all froze over.

After a couple days on the highway they made it to a motel, where the next morning it wouldn't start, and once they did get it going it wouldn't move above a few mph. Apparently once they got it towed to a Ford dealership (powertrain was the Triton V10), the diagnosis was "carburetor icing".

On an engine introduced in 1997 that was only ever sold with EFI.

And of course I was reassured that I didn't know as well as the dealer who fixed their land yacht and that it most definitely was a carburetor.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm surprised you never saw more people doing Jurassic Park Explorers like that. You'd think they'd be more common with how cheap that generation of Explorer is now.

True sticklers would use Landcruisers. :colbert:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

CharlesM posted:

Ridiculous pants?

e:f,b

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Rhyno posted:

Why the gently caress is right clicking not working on SA for me? Every other site no problem, the toolbars no problem. What the gently caress?

Try restarting your browser, usually solves that issue for me.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Finally put in an insurance claim for my phone last week. No email confirmation since then, so I go to the insurance site, "cannot send to PO box". My mom's the account holder (family plan) and she has the bill mailed to a PO box instead of the house for some loving reason.

Fine, no big deal, I let her know she should call them tomorrow and see how to have it sent here. "Ok well they'll probably send something in the mail in a few days."

Like... a notification? Like the one that pops up right now on the website when you check the claim status?

For someone so smart (yeah I know I rant about her, she still raised me and my sisters alone financially; that's personality differences, not an outright judgement,) she can be pretty :downs: from time to time.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Elmnt80 posted:

You look so serious in that picture. You do not look like a man driving his lambo home for the first time.

He's peaking man, sometimes it gets intense and you just stop displaying emotions outwardly, while inwardly you're like :lsd:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Cakefool posted:

Also, episode 7, that lock mechanism :catstare:

Now you've done, you've made me watch the series over again.

(thanks!)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So it's finally progressed to the point that I've noticed, I seem to be in the early stages of male pattern baldness.

I'm only 26. :suicide:

What's the recommended cure? by which i mean what brand of liqour

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

My beard grows in fine, however I've recently been having really bad beard dandruff that no amount of head&shoulders seems to fix. And I have these weird red birthmark-ey spots on my scalp (one of them is no longer covered with hair, that's what made me notice) so I don't like having short hair.

Also the hair thing is just the last cherry on top of all my other body image issues: fat, too depressed to stay consistent working out to fix the fat, too anxious to keep up with dr appointments to treat the depression, broke, unemployed, still in community college after eight years... Plus crippling self-esteem issues from hanging out way too long with "friends" who were basically emotionally abusive and taking advantage of me having an allowance at the time to buy expensive pot every few days, which I gladly went along with because FRIENDSHIP!

basically i really am completely hosed in the head and getting a haircut isnt going to fix that

[/en]

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

In a rare moment of happiness, I just tied up an old loose end from my youth that I've been stressing over lately, and it turns out all was well and I was worrying over nothing.

FEELS GOOD MAN

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Throatwarbler posted:

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/the-most-popular-new-vehicle-in-each-state--not-what-you-might-expect-181118005.html

GM is somewhat unfairly treated here since their trucks are split into 2 brands. Dismaying to find that the most awesome state(Florida) buys most of the most boring cars.

CITATION loving NEEDED

Also it's funny that Subaru is popular in exactly the places you would expect it to be.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Throatwarbler posted:

Americans sure are angry that some other Americans don't buy the same brand of trucks that they do.

I don't live in Florida so the fact that it exists is pretty awesome for me.

Name several reasons why. I mean not living here is pretty awesome, but seriously why is it existing so great?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I've taken to keeping a bag of frozen peas & carrots on hand and just adding it to everything I make. Adds a nice subtle bit of flavor, helps me get some kind of veggies when I'm eating garbage (like the rice and canned chili I'm eating right now :v:).

I do try and cook something good every once in a while, though.

Also cook all your rice/pasta with chicken broth (or 50/50 of stock and water) instead of plain water, everything tastes better. And toss a pat of bacon fat in there too.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Mat_Drinks posted:

On food chat, I tried brussel sprouts for the first time last week, and they were good. I'd never avoided them, they're just one of those veggies I don't ever buy from myself, like cauliflower.

Anyway, I made some tonight, roasted in the oven with olive oil, fresh garlic, salt and pepper and they were pretty drat good alongside the roasted potatoes and chicken I also made. But then, it seems like just about any veggie is good with those items roasted in the oven :)

Pretty much any food is great cooked any way that isn't "boiled in unsalted water".

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Tall people problems: having to pick up the trashcans with ~80lbs of yard trash in them by the smooth plastic sides. I'm tall enough that with the handle at a comfortable height (ie not squatting down), the can wants to tip back onto its base.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Oh poo poo finally heard back from phone insurance, they're out of S3s so it looks like I'll be getting an S5 in the next week or so. :krad:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

That is all.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ahahahahah guess what just popped up on my tumblr feed?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The best kind of chili is the kind you get at Steak N' Shake.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

boring loving cocktail. aggravation is what it's called apparently, just think white russian with whiskey replacing vodka.

not even that good whiskey, just plain old evan williams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Quite A Tool posted:

Also this sounds loving gross. I love whiskey and I love white russians. The two should never meet in the middle.

you are soft

e: uusername accurate

• Locked thread