Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skeezy posted:

For the longest time I forgot that this is in DBZ proper. It's not a DBZ Abridged thing lol.

Sort of yes sort of no. It wasn't in the original show. They added it (including reanimation) when they HD-fied/updated the show to Dragonball Z Kai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'll probably get it on the PS4 so I can sell it afterwards when I get tired of Goku dressup. It doesn't feel like the kind of game I need to keep forever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

I took Krillen as a mentor and now he mocks me every time I fail a mission

gently caress you buddy who the hell did you ever beat

He almost killed Vegeta.

Twice.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure any obviously missing characters are probably gonna be DLC.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I'm having a lot of fun breaking the hell out of this game.

Female Earthlings have an easy infinite, it turns out -- their PKK/PPKK/PPPKK/PPPPKK chains all combo into themselves. You can also set it up with pretty much any other combo + dash cancel. To make matters worse it's a juggle, which means the target can't even Vanish out of it -- they have to blow three stamina bars on an Evasive Skill. And if you've got anti-flinch up and their Evasive is something like Spirit Explosion that doesn't physically move them, there's literally nothing they can do to not die once the combo starts.

SSJ Ult spam is old news, Pose K punch bros are the new hotness.

Yeah, I found that combo out super early on. It's part of why I went for a punch-focused build.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sperglord Firecock posted:

In order to PvP correctly, you need to completely ignore the concept of having fun.

Because all the fun builds are useless for ranked PvP, and all the serious ranked PvP builds are literally the same build using the same races using the same characters and probably the same clothing too.

So if using the same poo poo as everyone else appeals to you in your grand quest for ranked PvP mastery, go for it.

This is incorrect because I made a Ginyu Posing Female Earthling and it is just as viable in PvP as it is PvE

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NomChompsky posted:

So what is the thing people are doing with female earthlings? I can't find anything about this but people keep mentioning it.

Female Earthlings have an utterly absurdly good attack string which chains into itself very easily allowing for incredibly good long attack strings.

Ginyu Force Poses + Justice Poses give a wide variety of stacking buffs. Pose K or Pose F both give you super armor. (Pose F makes your stamina drain when hit, Pose K means you're vulnerable to HP damage but don't have the stamina drain.) Pose E gives you a damage buff. So does Justice Pose but Justice Pose is so long that you risk getting pounded even with K/F up. The rest are To Flavor.

Piccolo + Kami Z-Soul gives you huge HP regen when your ki is full. Since you're not using ki in this build it almost always is.

Hilarity ensues.

Mr Wikstroem posted:

It would be silly if the fps thing also affected the triggers for parallel quests and they're supposed to always go to the bonus bit if you fulfill the requirements.

Nah, it does this on the PS4 too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

Is Justice Pose 30 seconds long, because I would like to replace Pose E at some point.

It's about 3 times as long as a Ginyu pose. It's still v. good but you can't use it for a quick recharge after a combo or anything

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

Punchwoman is very simple and more about learning your combos. Most of your points should be into basic strikes since that's your damage output, some points into Stamina and Health. Keep in mind the major strength of punchwoman is a very important Pose that basically can't be gotten until about 3/4ths into the game.

Nah, you can go full punch with the first pose you get from Captain Ginyu. It isn't AS good since you lose stamina when hit but the stamina loss is actually fairly minor and you still get the super armor.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Xibanya posted:

So is it confirmed that the AI has infinite stamina or is that still speculation?

The AI doesn't seem to have infinite stamina (aside from characters who actually have infinite stamina like Kaiokenx20 Goku) but they get to skate the rules when it comes to loss of stamina or ki for transformations or similar gimmicks. It's pretty easy to test it with KKx20 Goku because you can reliably force him to spam his escape and AI-lock him into doing it over and over and over. Do it to a non-20 Goku and he eventually wears dry and can be infinite-comboed.

At least in testing they do seem to have increased Ki/Stamina regen tho'.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder if I can send over a secondary character or if they'll automatically use the first one created from XV1

You get to pick BUT once you've picked it is permanently locked unless you delete all your Xenoverse 2 save data, even if you make a new character.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

As a tip, I'd change the skills you want to transfer over to hard to get ones and not anything a Master might teach you because getting your Master's skills in Xenoverse 2 is absurdly quick and easy. It takes like 20 minutes to be able to get a good chunk of the cast, especially the early Saiyan and Earthling/Piccolo's.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Are all the masters back? I don't want to go without Deadly Dance and Perfect Kamehameha for very long.

As far asi know, yeah, I'm still going through it but it doesn't look like anyone is missing. you have to complete "tests" to unlock higher levels of Master (some of whom are tied to story progression) but those tests are super easy and Masters will teach you based off your test progression so once you hit a certain level you can just run from Master to Master getting all their moves super quick.

Like the first tier is Krillin, Yamcha, Tien and Piccolo. The second tier unlocks Vegeta, Kid Gohan, Nappa and Radditz but Vegeta won't teach you ALL of his skills until you get to an even higher tier which also unlocks the Androids and so-on. Some won't appear at all until you advance the story though.

Edit: I should note I transferred over my character who was built around Ginyu Force Posing and that seems nerfed into near uselessness due to absurdly short buff timers but that may be a patched thing that happened after I stopped playing Xeno1.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Oct 24, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I'm just disappointed that how hard you punch is still tied to size and weight. I really wanted a tiny lady who punched people like a truck in XV1 but eventually had to settle for a huge lady who punched people like a truck.

In any case, do the poses still stack in XV2 or has that been nerfed down?

I think they still stack but the duration is so low that it felt kinda worthless even if they did. Maybe there are Super Souls or something that help with it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Section Z posted:

Speaking of moves that don't feel like they used to, it seems Die Die missile barrage has developed a tendency to be a coinflip of it if just shotgun half it's shots to gently caress all nowhere even against basically stationary AI, or doing it's sicknasty tracking like I was used to.

I'll take the optimistic approach and not import Evil Explosion (That IS still a mentor move, right?) based on the claims, hoping progress isn't just amped up for the beta. But despite it feeling more wonky than before Die Die missile barrage still feels drat cool and is also notably late in from Xeno 1. So that's still getting an import.

As much because when it does it's job right, it's still one of the best quick tracking things I got, and it looks like a zillion curving lasers :buddy:

Teleport Vanishing Ball and Victory Rush are still my mindset for Ults, from what I have unlocked. Sure I have shocking death ball and Perfect Kameha, which even if(probably a yes) they nerf it it fires much faster and did more damage. But damnit, teleporting into a slam dunk feels cool.

Evil Explosion is still a mentor move, yeah.

I am playing the full retail version, not the beta, so unless they suddenly shift something for Day 1 progress should still be insanely quick

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

hey quick question for starting, carrying over my save data lasts for all characters I make right? In Xenoverse 1 I wound up deleting and remaking my character like twice through the early bits, that won't gently caress up the whole carry over stuff right?

You get to pick the character you transfer over, if I'm understand your question correct.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My encounter with every boss basically boiled down to: "Kick them repeatedly until they go flying, teleport in front of them, using a super move that hits, repeat." Culminating with Beerus's beam that stamina-breaks because you can almost infinitely combo that into itself.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Section Z posted:

EDIT: Speaking of stamina breaks. Do they just wholesale remove all your stamina, or does having a bunch of stamina bars actually matter?

The one I'm thinking of (I can't check the move name, not near my PS4, it's either Anger or Wrath) is a 100% break regardless of stamina bars.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Man I'm glad they made the Namek stuff way more bearable. No stupid 'forced to play as Ginyu and protect people made of glass' mission, the whole 'fight Frieza like four times in a row as more people join in' is much faster without super armor and with damage carrying over and all. I hope this means the other annoying bits got carved out too.

There's basically nothing with super armor that i discovered, even things you'd think should probably have it. It's pretty nice.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Danaru posted:

I get why they do it, but man it's unsatisfying to see your opponent's health not take any damage because they're scripted invincible until they're done monologuing :(

Yeah, it really bugs me especially when there are very long conversations and I get their health down to the minimal point 1/10th of the way through.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

Do QQ Bangs make the negatives worse alongside making the positives better or what

They seem to, yes, I think it's basically as if all of your pieces of equipment shared the same stats.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tensokuu posted:

Quick question as I didn't play a lot of XV1 (well, two questions):

1. Do the shops get more items based on the further into the story you go, or based on the amount of stuff you buy?

2. Should I just go beat Xenoverse 1 first then start 2? I haven't done a lot in 2, just beat up Krillin/Yamcha/Piccolo and ranked up once. Haven't actually started the story yet.

It's story locked.

Xenoverse 2 recycles a ton of X1 content so unless you really want to make the time patroller from 1 a specific thing there's no reason to go back to 1.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

oh my god trying to z rank the placement tests is such a bore

I honestly had no trouble with it. Trying using Justice Combination, it goes off quickly, hits a bunch, and since most of the fights are 1-on-1 it's easy to get bonuses for 20+hit combos and Ultimate Finishes which basically assure you that S-rank.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

s rank? i thought i had to Z rank them all

edit: who gives me justice combination? Sounds like an adult Gohan thing..i should advance in the story some more

I meant Z rank, yeah, sorry, bad habit.

Yeah, it's what you get from the Gohan + Videl team.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

time for the real question

who joined freeza and who joined cooler

I joined Freeza because Freeza is cooler and Cooler is freeza.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

I kinda feel like that part of the game is slightly inappropriate. "HEY, COME JOIN IN FREEZA'S TRADING OPERATION FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES".

Then again, Dragonball wouldn't be Dragonball if it didn't take the piss on itself.

The only thing you do is beat the poo poo out of Frieza's guys so...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

:confused: I must be mixing it up with something else, then. That sounds more up my alley, I'll def check it out!

It has some MMO-y elements to it in the multiplayer, including actual raid bosses, but it's more like Destiny is an MMO than WoW is a MMO.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Yeah, Goku Black in Xenoverse is a bit to gravelly.. Super Spoilers for the current arc: I don't expect Zamasu to talk like Batman, so I don't know why he'd take on that affectation when he takes over Goku's body. He'd probably be haughty and superior, like Goku's if he was speaking Cell's lines or something.

I think they genuinely didn't have enough info about Goku Black to really dub him properly.

That said TFS's Goku Black is pretty much perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dragonball Game Megathread: Ningens only

• Locked thread