Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Just pre ordered. I don't really care about the extra outfits, but SSJ4 Vegeta is cool. So loving hyped to play this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I think Super 17 is already in the game as a Dragon wish. It's weird there's so much spotlight on GT as opposed to the movies.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Firstborn posted:

Not only him, but SSJ4 Gogeta, and Omega Shenron.

Yeah, all these guys before Cooler? Or even a lot of canon characters. It's weird.

It's still gonna rock, of course, the roster choices just strike me as strange.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Oooh, Nuova and Eis? That's pretty interesting.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
This game really makes me think of this a lot.

I absolutely love the game but grinding is so obnoxious and tedious. When people say they did a certain PQ like thirty times my mind implodes on itself because I barely have the patience to do one three times in a row. It probably wouldn't be as bad if they didn't all have the exact same battle dialogue over and over, or make me deal with the gates.

It's amazing how much a game can irritate me this much and yet I still have so much fun with it. I keep uninstalling it, swearing I've given up forever and/or will wait for mods, but here I am, installing it for like the fifth time because I love being a DBZ character and the moveset customization parts are amazing. The fighting is actually fun and addictive. It's good the special move system is extremely simple because I absolutely cannot deal with systems that have you input combos. For some reason I've just always been extremely incompetent at that mechanic.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The skill that lets you charge ki helps so much. It's remarkably easy to spam Ultimates with them. I don't really have to worry about upping my ki bars at all.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The Why Yoooou Z Soul is amazing. Instant Ki refill on KO of an enemy. The Buus are gonna be a cakewalk. I also got Crusher Volcano, an ultimate that throws a swarm of giant energy spheres. Bonzer.

I'm also gonna get that Super 17 attack from Shenron. It looks awesome, and I also happen to like Super 17(but not enough to waste a wish on him, since I don't care about playing anyone but my OC anyway).

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Kelp Plankton posted:

As someone who played through as a Majin I'm really curious what the reactions to the other races are throughout stuff.

Does Piccolo freak out about a Namekian during the Saiyan Saga? Does Frieza care that you're the same thing he is? How's Vegeta react to some random extra Saiyan hanging out?

Any really good lines I missed?

Cell apparently uses the fan term "Frost Demon". I'm playing a Freeza Clan but haven't played that PQ myself.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It sucks the regular mission dialogue is said over and over, but depending on your race and who you bring, it can be pretty funny/interesting sometimes, like Kid Trunks and Teen Gohan commenting on how each other shrunk.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Crusher Volcano is unstoppable.

I have a lot of trouble with All Clear. It's so hard to hit with. Gravity Impact is like a better Evil Explosion.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I hope Xenoverse 2 does give Namekians a giant form. It could work pretty easily. Also, Kai and demon species option. I'd still play Freeza Clan or Earthling/Saiyan, but the game could do with more anyway for the sake of being more complete.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Killsion posted:

Also how is Freiza's army that big still? Did they use one of the other wishes to revive the army?

There's a prequel manga that shows the orginization is barely hanging on, to the point that a random deputy director of a star system or whatever(one of Freeza's sidekicks in the new movie who revives him) is the one in charge now, and they're having to just give up and withdraw from rebelling planets.

Edit: Beat like Radditz.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Bloodly posted:

I can only imagine a lot of people aren't happy Tien isn't a trainer. Especially when Yamcha apparently is.

Yamcha isn't. Krillin is though. Orin Combo rocks the dragon.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ibram Gaunt posted:

There's Maximum Charge and Full Power Charge.

I think I bought Full Power Charge, and ssj4 Vegeta has Maximum charge, but I don't know where you get it.

I bought it in the store.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Zaphod42 posted:

I think those graphs are just a really bad indicator.

They need to tell us more.

Japan, or at least the Japanese anime and video games industries, is obsessed with those kinds of graphs. I have no idea why. They are so loving vague.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

New Leaf posted:

So I unlocked SSJ4 Gogeta and I can't figure out how Big Bang Kamehameha works at all. It just fizzles. Or I'll get a little blue flame and it disappears.

This keeps happening with me and Innocence Cannon too.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Kelp Plankton posted:

Innocence Cannon is supposed to encase the opponent inside that orb it makes, then fire them a huuuuuge distance. If it doesn't grab them it doesn't work at all.

Oh, thanks! I thought it was a ranged attack and was afraid it was glitched.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Onmi posted:

Blue Hurricane. This is your answer to every multi-foe battle, Blue Hurricane.

Blue Hurricane saved my life in the mini Buu fight. That, and the Z-Soul that gives you full ki after KOing an enemy.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's funny the Dragon Balls are so hard to grind, but in universe collecting them is completely trivial to the point where it starts being done offscreen most of the time.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Section Z posted:

Now... Do you have any tips on making Crusher Volcano the best drat move in the universe? Because I adore that thing.

Crusher Volcano is so perfect it makes using any other Ultimate pointless.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Section Z posted:

:neckbeard: It's also pretty okay for sentai mindset because of the cool pose you do.

It's okay Jeice, I know that if you were entirely removed from the timeline it would have no impact whatsoever. But I still think your hot balls are cool... wait, that came out wrong.

With Crusher Volcano and Blue Hurricane being two of the most popular ultimates in the game....you'd really think Jeice and Burter would have had more of an impact, considering they were a duo, huh?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Prison Warden posted:

I noticed you can't actually make Freeza with the Freeza race guys. I'm assuming the armour equips for that race change their body type and such so you can design him properly later?

Have you tried taking all his clothes off? He might look closer then. Freeza's fourth form lacks any of the "biological armor"(in quotation marks because that's the first time that part of his body has been referred to that way) the other three forms have. You can make Cooler and, if taking off the armor works, Kuriza.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

projecthalaxy posted:

Raditz, actually.

Yeah, his moves are all named after dates.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Poison Mushroom posted:

I could go full Mary Sue Self-Insert and make a distant descendant of the Briefs family named Garter? :shrug:

I don't see the resemblance.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

BattleCattle posted:

I'm up to watching the Cell saga.

I want to fight Android 16. He is the best.

Too bad. You get to fight Appule and Raspberry instead.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Is there a specific way to get Giant Storm from the PQ it's in? I keep doing it over and over and nothing happens. Also, do I have to be the one to KO the one that has a move/item to get it or will it count if a bot does it?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Onmi posted:

There's also many bouts of GT Logic, such as Pan, Trunks and Goku all forgetting they can fly, Goku learning that Super 17 is absorbing energy and thus continues to blast him with energy and continue to act confused.

I really dislike that Goku essentially just Kaioken'd his Kamehameha's for the killing "x10 Kamehameha!" Also poo poo like "No Goten and Trunks don't fuse into Gotenks, If you do we have to design a teenage Gotenks you've both been out of training.

GT was nothing but an awful show with ocasional good designs, such as Super Seventeen. More often then not though, even those sucked.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
GT was also continued for two more arcs after it was going to end with Baby, for the sole purpose of advertising a lovely PS1 game called Final Bout.

Firstborn posted:

Traveling to different planets is such a great way to introduce stronger and stronger villains without too much backstory. GT had some good ideas, but... I never personally watched it all. Maybe I will try.

Just yesterday I was telling my friend if I ever hated him and wanted him dead, I'd convince him to do a rewatch of GT so he'd kill himself.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Greaseman posted:

Disappointed today to find myself forced to rename my Frieza 'Snow Job' into 'Snow Problem'.

Huh. I'd have thought that'd be subtle enough.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Scatter Kamehameha really needs to be blue. Kamehamehas are supposed to be blue! It pissed me off as a kid when games had it as yellow too. It looks so...generic.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The Bee posted:

It was yellow in the show too.

It wasn't called kamehameha, though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Firstborn posted:

Tyrant Lancer

Too bad he never got to actually lance a tyrant with that move. Bardock was space Yamcha, same as Radditz.

Though I guess he concievably could have invaded worlds that incidentally had tyrants he could have killed.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Pureauthor posted:

Well at the end of his misadventures he had a minimum 100K power level so good for him I guess.

Radditz could have had gone super saiyan if the Special Beam Canon sent him back in time to fight people even weaker then himself too.

Episode of Bardock sucked.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Mentoring under Cell is like having Handsome Jack in the game, and I'm okay with that.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Zaphod42 posted:

Ah, that's cool. I wasn't familiar with any female saiyans from the canon!

Only the manga and the recent movies are really "canon". Anime/GT and the other movies aren't, and are full of plot holes you could shove a Spirit Bomb through.

Edit: drat it, beaten.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

A Spider Covets posted:

uh this is not the bible thread, people

Can we talk about how totally canon our Mary Sues are?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Zaphod42 posted:

I've only seen female saiyans as mary sues, which is pretty lame.

Has anyone made this character yet?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I just completed Krillin's training and hitting him with that drat disc was ridicuously hard.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Athropos posted:

Create a caracter is cool but that kind of shits the bed with the decision to tie cosmetic gear to stats which outright tells you (no your Frieza or your Namek can't be a striker or a ki special user, sorry, well you can but enjoy looking like a loving clown). Am I the only one bothered by this crap?

I have nearly all gear that reduces ki specials and Giant Storm still wrecks poo poo. They don't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

BattleCattle posted:

But Goku has one of those already!

The Kai of Time and Gine gave birth to him indapenendently on two seperate days.

• Locked thread