Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Give me the inside specs of this deal 'Yahu!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
A year, just like last year and the year before that and the year before that and-

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Inspectors don't blow up nuclear factories, a big problem.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hide & Cheat is my favorite game. So when is Israel submitting to nuclear inspections?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Obama is agreeing to give nukes to Iran. :byodood:

e: Did you just loving throw out the verbal form of the Daisy ad? Iran will nuke our kids?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
In weeks they could have more nukes than the U.S.!

They could nuke Antarctica!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Netanyahu disagrees, he believes nuking every major city in Iran is a better alternative.

Iran will devour nations! It is an unstoppable beast!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Kicks the can down to Road Warrior.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Bullshit 'Yahu, there is no situation ever where you would support Iran getting nukes or not being under restrictions. Ever.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
So if we just destroy all of Iran's infrastructure and keep it destroyed forever we can prevent Iran from getting nukes. Sounds good.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh boy, tell me about your better deal. :allears:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
No country has a greater steak than Israel. Our cooking is superior.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
HOLOCAUST :godwin:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

ComradeCosmobot posted:

More sanctions I bet.

'Yahu's plan:
  • More sanctions on Iran.
  • gently caress Iran.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Tell you what, when Iran overthrows France I'll agree with you Bibi.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well... we can defend ourselves using tons of U.S. military hardware.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

What, is his house a Palestinian hospital/school/UN refugee camp?

Presumably built on Palestinian graves so that's probably enough for him to airstrike.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
God is on OUR side, not theirs! :hellyeah:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
So when do the cops start cuffing everyone in the room for the Logan Act? I demand riot shields and pepper spray at least. :colbert:

sniper4625 posted:

Time for C-SPAN callers :getin:

:unsmigghh: :magical: :munch:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

I missed the speech but turned on CSPAN for the calls. Holy poo poo, I need to do this more often, these people are out of their loving minds.

They are the best part of any political event, once you get past the soul-crushing realization that people actually think like this.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grouchio posted:

Lemme know when a brain microchip can let me read politician's minds when activated.

Gaze not into the dark abyss, friend. You will see things you ought not see... that mortals ought not see...

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

ComradeCosmobot posted:

A related bill which would loosen regulations on industry scientists serving on EPA advisory boards while restricting academic scientists from using unpublished science on the same and mandating such boards respond to all public comments (regardless of quantity or quality) has also been issued a veto threat.

Can the response just be "Thanks for your comment" displayed in big red letters when you click submit on their website, or is this verbal comments?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Red Minjo posted:

Wait, what is up with his Red Right Hand, there?

It's a sign of arousal, like the red rear end of a baboon.

Probably stage lights.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Quote of the morning, "I don't email. You can have every email I've ever sent. I've never sent one." ~ Lindsey Graham.

How? Has Graham never sent a text message either? Does he use a pager, or is it all rotary phones and typewriters in his office?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
So apparently we just declared Venezuela a threat:

quote:

WASHINGTON - U.S. President Barack Obama issued an executive order on Monday declaring Venezuela a national security threat, sanctioning seven individuals and expressing concern about the Venezuelan government's treatment of political opponents.

"Venezuelan officials past and present who violate the human rights of Venezuelan citizens and engage in acts of public corruption will not be welcome here, and we now have the tools to block their assets and their use of U.S. financial systems," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said in a statement.

"We are deeply concerned by the Venezuelan government's efforts to escalate intimidation of its political opponents. Venezuela's problems cannot be solved by criminalizing dissent," he added.

I guess a Central / South American regime change invasion would be a refreshing change from the Middle East. :gbsmith:

Quidam Viator posted:

OK everyone, this guy's an ACCELERATIONIST. I will assume now that I have no further work to do; the label has been applied.

PAGING OBDIKUT. Why don't you PM this poor sap like you did me, and maybe you can convince HIM to post an accelerationism thread, and all your masturbatory dreams will come true. Prepare your anus, Crowsbeak. UsPol is coming to tell you how poo poo you are for not just going along at the pace they're going.

Plus they have so MANY other viable strategies for "mitigating the damage". Be sure to ask them all about the plans!

We get it, you're a whiny shithead who needs to make everything about how slighted you've been by other forum posters. Shut up.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 9, 2015

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Monkey Fracas posted:

Well, getting out and volunteering would probably be more realistic than my current plan of "savagely murdering all Republicans, somehow"

Conservatives are way ahead of you on that front:

:smith:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

I think wishing death on someone is wrong, so I hope O'Keefe falls down a flight of steps, enters a coma, and when he comes out of it realizes what a tremendous loving rear end in a top hat he is and spends the rest of his life working to help feed poor families worldwide.

What a vile human being.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

On top of that falling down a flight of stairs might fix whatever is wrong with his face.

I avoided that because bricks and glass houses, seeing as I look like a younger Garrison Keillor.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

a shameful boehner posted:

This won't happen for probably another 20-30 years until the technology improves, but once food service costs become a function of capital instead of labor then the lower class in America is utterly hosed. I'm picturing "old timey" diners springing up in the future featuring "actual human servers!" and "in-person, hand-crafted food preparation" that will be an expensive novelty of an era long dead.

Food service today is what factory work was 60 years ago, with lower pay, worse conditions, no benefits and no unionization. When that disappears, there will be nowhere left to turn for tens of millions.

Don't be silly, there's always car washi-

Truck drivi-

Housecleani-

Teach-

Begging? :smithicide:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

KomradeX posted:

Well I've heard McDonald's is in decline but fast food as a whole I'm not sure. Especially with the expansion of "premium" fast food places like Five Guys or Shake Shack and I think those are doing well I know Shake Shack just had a pretty successful IPO back in February

That's my understanding is the shift towards the "higher end". Five Guys, Chipotle, etc. as opposed to McDonalds / Burger King / White Castle. I doubt those lower end places will all up and vanish but the prices at Five Guys are pretty drat close to McDonalds for a meal anyway and the quality is significantly better.

Basically go eat at Five Guys they loving rule.

Old James posted:

Highwaymen are successful because the driver is willing to stop and let them take the goods in exchange for not getting killed. An autonomous driving truck has no incentive to stop, and if it detects someone is trying to unload cargo while it is in motion the truck can take a detour to the nearest police station.

Someone brought up the Maximum Overdrive documentary, but we have multiple documentaries on this new technology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgphD_ZO_jI&t=240s

:3:

Joementum posted:

Boehner got the Rules Committee to amend the budget to include the higher OCO value.

How much is this budget going to play into the runup to the next set of elections in terms of hanging around Republican candidates necks? Are they already positioning to use it as a way to show their purity to the party, seeing as it's non-binding?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Not like this America. Don't go out like this. Nuke Iran, invade China, do something, just not this. :negative:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Venom Snake posted:

Most Presidents don't want a third term, 2 terms take a lot out of you.

The only Presidents who wanted more are highly motivated and rare ones like FDR and Teddy, I would imagine if Bill could have taken a third term he would have.

:allears:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "Omar, by the way, is my favorite character." ~ Barack Obama, on The Wire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWY79JCfhjw

Disappointed he didn't say Brother Mouzone. :saddowns:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

"I've decided to take it easy on the President and not deliver a third whooping to him on policy issues."

"Please proceed Governor."

In what hosed up world would you think that's a good idea? You remember McCain proposed skipping a debate in 2008 right? Because the outcome would be Obama having a primetime spot on TV all to himself to just talk up his accomplishments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Quote of the night, "Today's passage of HB1228 threatens to undermine the spirit of inclusion present throughout the state of Arkansas and does not reflect the values we proudly uphold. For these reasons, we are asking Governor Hutchinson to veto this legislation." ~ Doug McMillon, Walmart CEO.

Are companies typically so overt about this sort of thing, or is this high-profile law pushing a new trend? Because I feel like it's the sort of thing that shareholders are typically against (shut up = no backlash, say something = risk some backlash) and I don't recall third party companies weighing in on non-economic focused bills (compared with say minimum wage laws); but I'm also aware I could have blinders and these sorts of statements about laws are commonplace and just pass unseen except for big social instances.

• Locked thread