Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
why was johnny depp bald?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

He's bald irl, wears a wig

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
Why aren't you?

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008

king salmon posted:

why was johnny depp bald?

Didn't want to get bats caught in his hair when he was driving around.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
i like the part where the moneky is a skellington

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

drugs are insanely cool and good

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Because Hunter S. Thompson was bald. HST was so awesome that he wrote a book starring himself.

naem
May 29, 2011

Brave New World posted:

Because Hunter S. Thompson was bald. HST was so awesome that he wrote a book starring himself.

Hunter s Thompson personally shaved Johnny depps head FYI true story

naem
May 29, 2011

HST (pbuh)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, why not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyxSerkkP4o

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
21 hump street

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
Cuz gay penis farts

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
Kill u self just like bald man

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Brave New World posted:

He was so awesome that after he died his best friend and pretty much everyone he ever knew got together and wrote a book about how his persona was complete bullshit and he was actually a weepy coward and people need to quit holding him up as some paragon of masculinity and journalistic integrity

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sleeveless posted:

He was so awesome that after he died his best friend and pretty much everyone he ever knew got together and wrote a book about how his persona was complete bullshit and he was actually a weepy coward and people need to quit holding him up as some paragon of masculinity and journalistic integrity

My hero man from the book wasn't real

I... I...

*Tries to inhale deeply but stutters while doing so revealing deep emotional pain

naem
May 29, 2011

His claim to fame was getting pretty drunk with some band he interviewed and not finishing his article for rolling stone, and faxing his editor random notes he'd made that weekend. The editor published everything he'd sent because it sounded like some wacky stream of consciousness account of a drunk guy hanging out with a band and it was a big hit.

Then he had to come up with more wacky stream of consciousness again and again and was terrified of being found out as a fraud

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

naem posted:

His claim to fame was getting pretty drunk with some band he interviewed and not finishing his article for rolling stone, and faxing his editor random notes he'd made that weekend. The editor published everything he'd sent because it sounded like some wacky stream of consciousness account of a drunk guy hanging out with a band and it was a big hit.

Then he had to come up with more wacky stream of consciousness again and again and was terrified of being found out as a fraud

sounds like every girl i've ever met!

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

what's the isbn

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

And then he did that for like 30 more years demonstrating that he wasn't actually a fraud, so oh well

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

Sheep-Goats posted:

And then he did that for like 30 more years demonstrating that he wasn't actually a fraud, so oh well

And possibly wrote some of the best political commentary. But whatever. :goshawk:

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Back door beauty

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Nien posted:

And possibly wrote some of the best political commentary. But whatever. :goshawk:

And one of the best political eulogies ever.

MEMO FROM THE NATIONAL AFFAIRS DESK

DATE: MAY 1, 1994
SUBJECT: THE DEATH OF RICHARD NIXON: NOTES ON THE PASSING OF AN AMERICAN MONSTER.... HE WAS A LIAR AND A QUITTER, AND HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN BURIED AT SEA.... BUT HE WAS, AFTER ALL, THE PRESIDENT.

HST posted:

If the right people had been in charge of Nixon's funeral, his casket would have been launched into one of those open-sewage canals that empty into the ocean just south of Los Angeles. He was a swine of a man and a jabbering dupe of a president. Nixon was so crooked that he needed servants to help him screw his pants on every morning. Even his funeral was illegal. He was queer in the deepest way. His body should have been burned in a trash bin.
Some people will say that words like scum and rotten are wrong for Objective Journalism -- which is true, but they miss the point. It was the built-in blind spots of the Objective rules and dogma that allowed Nixon to slither into the White House in the first place. He looked so good on paper that you could almost vote for him sight unseen. He seemed so all-American, so much like Horatio Alger, that he was able to slip through the cracks of Objective Journalism. You had to get Subjective to see Nixon clearly, and the shock of recognition was often painful.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

in my imagination, these were all links to different DnD threads

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
we are all HST so kill yourselfes

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sleeveless posted:

wow that friend sounds like a dick

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
sounds like that gaywad who smoked on stage and cursed about politics without ever being funny or insightful even once. fred likes him and fred would like him

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i went a conference in las vegas a couple times

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
yeah but was it conference for pigs???

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i guess not

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

he had late-stage cancer, OP :smith:

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

woe, i was just meditating and before i knew it i had a hard ob and farted reall. loud

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

sorry got the threads mixed up, i liked this movie especially the double dildo scene at thevend

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

Buce posted:

i went a conference in las vegas a couple times

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
*looks around Gbs* 'holy jesus what are these goddamn animals'

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"hunter s thompson was a bad writer"

- some scrub who thinks himself a writer whom will only know a lifetime of being owned and a faillord

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

hst is interesting when you're a teenager but then you grow up

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Good question OP I dont think anyone really knows nor will they ever know.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

ArmZ posted:

hst is interesting when you're a teenager but then you grow up

and read other books by him not Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20matar
Jul 9, 2013

70fugir
That movie really sucked. I felt it was just wacko Burton-Depp shenanigans.

• Locked thread