Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
what a stupid loving quote. if there was nothing to fear but fear then you would still be in fear (of fear). jfk (rip), youre a queer, go roll over.

anyway, sometimes you can't truly discover yourself until you recognize fear, accept it, and overcome it (etc). ala batman(bats). this thread is for that. discussion of personal fears, cause that poo poo doesnt ru(i)n my life.

social fears are a personal issue, but everyone is retarded in their own special way.

reopening for discourse.

e; didnt loving tag this, mods please re-tag tia

drunk dog fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
grand re(tard)-opening, self bump

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah, well, who the gently caress are you OP?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

batman is for childs, and the point of the quote is that you should fear fear and therefore banish it from your mind. sorry your a pussyboy fag, op

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

Moridin920 posted:

who the gently caress are you OP?

BeefThief posted:

your a pussyboy fag, op

I wish it were that simple

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Thanks for the internment camps, FDR!

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

BeefThief posted:

batman is for childs

is the joker for children? i think not. i'm a stupid edgy retard
e

BeefThief posted:

the point of the quote is that you should fear fear and therefore banish it from your mind. sorry your a pussyboy fag, op

if that is the point of that quote than gently caress jk in his rotten grave

drunk dog fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 25, 2015

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Fearing something that might not ever happen is literally insane.

After Earth is not a good movie, but it has a philisophical message that gave me pause.

I hit my dick with a hammer to see if I fear pain.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
how old are you, OP? you seem like a person who should be in some sort of mental hospital and not be allowed to use computers to communicate. are your parents home? what is your living situation?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

JFK? You seriously fuckin' think JFK made that quote? You're a stupid fuckin' piece of poo poo.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sounds like that guy has generalized anxiety disorder because he has dissociated himself from the source of his specific fears.

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

dad gay. so what posted:

how old are you, OP? you seem like a person who should be in some sort of mental hospital and not be allowed to use computers to communicate. are your parents home? what is your living situation?

maybe i should.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

JFK? You seriously fuckin' think JFK made that quote? You're a stupid fuckin' piece of poo poo.
never said he 'made' that quote lol nobody makes words except for websters

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Sounds like that guy has generalized anxiety disorder because he has dissociated himself from the source of his specific fears.

im not sure i was just checking some of my medical textbooks and it seems like its more of a schizophrenic episode, maybe nested in something more benign like retardation? some sort of like autism? im not sure im going to call a colleague, but this guy is def off the charts as far as brain problems. yikes.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BeefThief posted:

batman is for childs, and the point of the quote is that you should fear fear and therefore banish it from your mind. sorry your a pussyboy fag, op

Yup
Being afraid = normal.

Being fearful = just kill yourself now before you get others killed because of your weakness

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

yeah the disjointed text and overuse of unnecessary parenthesis is indicative of schizophrenia, if ive learned anything from reading E/N. but there definitely seems to be profound retardation at play as well

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
im consulting my leatherbound copy of the DSM in my study right now, i'll respond later when i have further insights into the OPs brain problems

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
lol

dad gay. so what posted:

im not sure i was just checking some of my medical textbooks and it seems like its more of a schizophrenic episode, maybe nested in something more benign like retardation? some sort of like autism? im not sure im going to call a colleague, but this guy is def off the charts as far as brain problems. yikes.

where did you get medical textbooks. did u beat a poor student doc to death. they dont give away that poo poo for free

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Fear is the mindkiller, OP. If you weren't so busy being edgy you'd know that.

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

dad gay. so what posted:

autism is a social disease, even in the most severe cases

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

drunk dog posted:

The government puts gluten in chemtrails to give our kids autism.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

BeefThief posted:

yeah the disjointed text and overuse of unnecessary parenthesis is indicative of schizophrenia, if ive learned anything from reading E/N. but there definitely seems to be profound retardation at play as well

yeah, thanks for getting back to me so soon, i will contact the authorities.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

the great deceiver posted:

im consulting my leatherbound copy of the DSM in my study right now, i'll respond later when i have further insights into the OPs brain problems

thanks for doing that, sorry i missed your call. at the very least it will be helpful with the autopsy.

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

Ben Smash posted:

Fear is the mindkiller, OP.

i fully understand that, and thats my point. by giving into fear (of fear?) you are destined to psychosis.

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
DGSW, I have scrolls to guide me through my autism, i'll be okay

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

drunk dog posted:

DGSW, I have scrolls to guide me through my autism, i'll be okay

please give me your precise longitude and latitude immediately

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do about the pussy cartel locking low social value men out of sexual intercourse.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

drunk dog posted:

You added an extra space.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Wall scrolls with anime on them, probably.

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

dad gay. so what posted:

please give me your precise longitude and latitude immediately

coordinates are ever-shifting, please stand by for more shitposts

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Earlier i was looking at a sign at work and i thought 'oh wow december starts on the first this year' then later i realised my brain is dying

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

Earlier i was looking at a sign at work and i thought 'oh wow december starts on the first this year' then later i realised my brain is dying

sounds like a bad case of AIDS, OP. just get some rest lol

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

dad gay. so what posted:

Well he could have had specific fears and then been diagnosed with schizophrenia and given negative reinforcement for confronting his fears, resulting in a forced dissociation through trauma related to the specific expression of those fears, and then developed a generalized anxiety that is related to simply being afraid, which results in a non-downgrading adrenal response when something triggers latent and now subconscious fears by means of symbolic representation of those fears.

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
'the only thing edgier than hating jfk is making fun of anime' -jfk 2015

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
well im starting to suspect more of a loving shithead rear end in a top hat problem here, im going to pass this off to the local authorities. thanks for the vine!

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

drunk dog posted:

'the only thing edgier than hating jfk is making fun of anime' -jfk 2015

Eh, try saying Ronnie was the worst president of the 20th century (which he was) while surrounded by Republicans.

It's hilarious

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Moridin920 posted:

yeah, well, who the gently caress are you OP?

he a drunk dog yo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
this thread is the mindkiller

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

drunk dog posted:

maybe i should.

never said he 'made' that quote lol nobody makes words except for websters

youre a dumb gently caress.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

drunk dog posted:

what a stupid loving quote. if there was nothing to fear but fear then you would still be in fear (of fear). jfk (rip), youre a queer, go roll over.

Moridin920 posted:

this thread is the mindkiller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
what if he was actually trying to raise awareness of his crippling case of phobophobia?

• Locked thread