Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Boten Anna posted:

Should I actually give a poo poo about rerolls or is this game perfectly fine if you just freakin play the game?

Also I preregistered and don't seem to have gotten a code or anything, are those not out yet?

Probably more efficient to start with a dream team and not waste time/exp/materials on units that'll get benched later, but you can get through most of the game just fine with anyone tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Smithereens posted:

cecil 5
maria 4
edgar 3
panelo 3
anzelm 3
miyuki 3
shantotto 3
cyan 3
rydia 3
shadow 3
bedile 3

do you guys think this is worth keeping?

Theoretically do-able, but if you don't mind re-rolling, I'd go for something better.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Read 'em and weep for me.

2x Shadow (duplicates of worst possible draw)
2x Bedile (duplicates of second worst possible draw)
1x Fran (fifth worst possible draw)
1x Clyne (sixth worst possible draw)
1x Galuf (not the worst, but still pretty bad)

2x Shantotto (middling, at least her tm's great)
1x Vaan (thank goodness. Top-tier, the one saving grace to all this)

EXCEPT I HAVE A VAAN AND TWO SHANTOTTOS ALREADY THEY'RE LITERALLY THE ONLY USABLE/SEMI-USABLE PREMIUM PULLS I'VE GOT LIKE WHAT AM I GOING TO DO NOW WITH 2 VAANS AND 4 GODDAMN SHANTOTTOS

A lot of them were gold 4 star's too, so I'd be like "Sweet, hope it's something useful this time OOPS LOL IT'S BEDILE"

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Finally pulled a 3 star exdeath and vaan everyone is kinda crap though
Can't decide if I should keep pressing my luck

Never received exdeath at all... First time getting both

You should keep that. In addition to Full Break, Vaan's second last skill boosts magic damage by a chunk which pairs well with mages. Guess who's the best black mage around right nowprobably forever?

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Herux posted:

4*
Zidane Maria sabin shadow clyde anzlem bedlim cerius

3*
CoD Cecil Bartz Shantotto Garland Galuf edgar Kain

Who the hell do I use as my party/leader?

CoD

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Herux posted:

and what do i round out the rest of the party with or just like w/e?

CoD, Bartz, Cecil for sure
Shantotto for magic, replace when you have a better mage.
For your 5th, I'd say choose your fav out of Zidane, Garland, Edgar, or Kain. Doesn't really matter tbh because double barrage from CoD and Bartz will pretty much wipe the board. Maybe replace with Fina once you get her since she's more of a dedicated healer than Cecil.

Edit: Actually go with Zidane, so that you can steal stuff. So CoD, Bartz, Cecil, Zidane, Shantotto.

Shark Tower fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 30, 2016

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

acumen posted:

This is what I can't figure out yet either since I don't really know how to play optimally yet. I generally just auto battle until the boss and then spam all my spells or whatever.

Currently using Exdeath, Galuf, Krile, Celes, and Cecil. When do I get access to this Coliseum dealie? I'm currently at Grandshelt Castle.

I'd say replace Galuf with Laswell, and maaaaybe Celes with Rain. Celes isn't bad, but Rain eventually gets a 6* form with some nifty skills, so he's likely the better investment. Maybe also replace Krile with Fina once you get her. Fina's argueably the better healer and you don't need any more mages than exdeath.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

FeralWraith posted:

This is probably a reroll, but I'll ask anyway:

- Exdeath
- Terra (5*)
- Zidane
- 2 Luna
- Edgar
- Galuf
- Vivi
- Clyne
- Bedile

I'd really rather get another S-rank along with Exdeath, but I feel like this isn't entirely terrible. Opinions?

You're only really missing physical units, which your starters can fill. Probably something like

exdeath, terra, zidane, rain, laswell

ought to work, replacing terra later with a healer (fina who you'll get via the storyline is one of the best for this.)

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Shoenin posted:

Any point to spending Lapis other than the 11 summon tickets thing? Or does Space actually become problematic like in FFRK?

Only really friends/materials. I've spent enough to get all friend slots, and a small pile on material slots to make my life a little easier. Wouldn't say it's necessary, but it's nice not to have to think about that stuff. I think the suggested was 75 material slots and however many friends you want to have (note that ranking up will also increase your friend slots up till rank 20)

Would you guys ever suggest spending lapis on magic keys though? I've been tempted, not sure it's worth it or not.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Yes, it's normal. You could get away with vaan, shanto, krile + starters if you're sick of rerolling, but if not, you know the drill.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Cosmic Afro posted:

Not sure if I'll keep playing this game, I feel it's kinda full of busy work, but I rolled anyway with all the lapis and rare tickets

Sabin 3*
Maria 3*
Anzlem 4*
Galuf 4*
Cyan 3*
Bedile 3*
Bartz 3*
Edgar 3*
Clyne 3*
Fran 3*
Shadow 3*
Vivi 3*
Shantoto 3*
Luna 3*

I already own PCecil 4* and Roselia 5*.

...I have a distinct feeling I got hosed over, didn't I.

Check out what I rolled with my 10 tickets. I'd love to have gotten what you got in comparison.

Tried one more roll with lapis, of course it's another Penelo.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Cosmic Afro posted:

So who's worth it in that list, then? Bartz? Vivi? P.Cecil and Roselia? I've looked around but I'm not too sure on the Ladder of Power for the characters of the game just yet. Even over the main characters?

Not saying what you pulled is great as much as that mine was exceptionally lovely. As in 7 literally bottom of the barrel worst possible draws, plus 2 shanto's and a vaan

which are literally duplicates of the only usable characters I had going in, so now I've got 4 shanto's and 2 vaans. so yeah, gently caress train comes around and goes around.

bartz is worth it.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Yeah, this isn't PAD levels of bullshit yet where you'll eventually get blocked off from progressing unless you've collected a task force of only the bravest and finest. You can make it with suboptimal units, it just won't be as ideal as having started with characters you know you won't bench once better ones come along.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Here's what I've got:

Terra
Artemios
Lasswell
Edgar
Vivi
Shantotto
Rain
Anzelm
Cyan
Penelo
Magitek Armor Terra
Bedile

Not sure on stars off the top of my head. Suggestions? If it's not terrible, are there any on this list that people would like to see as a guest character that I could set as leader?

I'll post my friend code to the spreadsheet later on today.

Wait, is Artemios/new characters out in global? I saw a max level Kefka too, was wondering if something was up.

If you have a Artemios, maybe hold onto that for a moment until someone else chimes in on how useful he is. He gets barrage and some useful killer passives, pretty sure he's high ranked, maybe even one of the top-tiers.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Servaetes posted:

Okay everything at work is down so I've been rerolling idly.
Did I do good? Or just keep going til I get something better?

4* 2x Fran, Vaan, Luna
3* Celes, CoD, Edgar, Krile

That's good.

Use: CoD, Vaan, Krile, Celes and Edgar/Laswell

The Hebug posted:

Well I was dumb and didn't read about rerolling before connecting my facebook. I just got a bunch of 3* dudes, what party/lead should I run? I think my tutorial pull was a 1* Rizer, which I subsequently pulled in the friend summon so I assume that was garbage.

Vivi x2
Krile
Luna
Firion
Sabin
Shadow
Terra
Clyne
Galuf

Terra, Krile, Firion, Vivi, Laswell oughta be okay.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Tite-Dent posted:

After 10 rerolls I got:

5*: CoD
4*: Rydia, Cyan, Bedile
3*: 2x Cyan, 2x Maria, Sabin, Shadow, Bedile, Luna, Russell

Can I start playing yet or should I reroll again?

On one hand, you only have CoD as a top tier. On the other, CoD is a fabulous top-tier and having her start at 5* is incredibly cushy.

Honestly, if you're sick of rerolling, this is good enough. Something like
CoD, Rydia, Cyan, Laswell, plus Fina when you get her (in the meantime to that, just stick whoever in the fifth slot. Maybe Rain)

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Rafza posted:

I'm up to 20 rerolls and this is the best pull I've gotten:

4*: Exdeath, Vivi
3*: Exdeath, Krile, Vivi, Figaro

I fed the vivi and exdeaths into each other for trust bonuses but I still feel I should reroll for at least two of the top5 instead of settling...on the other hand, its exdeath, the best unit in the game

You done goofed son. Should've kept both and had yourself a super tree mage party. The only thing better than a party with two exdeaths is one with three.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

They'd want to use Maria in the last slot because healing is kinda useful unless you're hilariously overleveled for content. A lvl 80 CoD can probably solo the first island though :shrug:

I'm one of those jerks that cruised through the story on the backs of massively OP friend leaders so healing didn't factor in much before I'd already picked up Fina :v:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

But seriously though I seem to be doing pretty, pretty, pretty good with Terra, Vivi, Anastasia, Rain and Lasswell. Pretty good.

Just rescued the king back at Rain and Lasswell's house.

Haven't started to crank on Cyan, Edgar, Biggs, Anzelm or the others... I don't see myself as gimped at all for not having a top-tier draw from the beginning. This is gonna turn out okay.

Do put some work into Edgar though, if just to get Bio Blaster. That skill will make your life easier at some point.

Zotix posted:

Did anyone actually see an Artemios or Kefka? I saw some talk yesterday about some people seeing them. Has anyone confirmed 100% that they have been snuck into the pool?

Can definitely confirm seeing a Kefka out in the wild. Was 5* and max level. I tried to befriend him but his list was full.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
https://exviuswiki.com/Kefka

It was definitely this dorky mofo right here.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

El Cid posted:

I was holding out for 2+ of the "best" guys, and I did finally get that. Would 2 CoDs and a Bartz be worth starting with? I didn't really end up with anyone magic capable but I assume maybe I'll pick someone up eventually or just make do.

Oh yeah, you're more then set.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

baram. posted:

just pulled my 2nd CoD. pls game give me vaan or cecil.

i'm getting stonewalled by the s5 Int boss.. even running two healers I haven't had any luck getting it below 15-20% because if it winds up hitting the same char twice it can take out any char in one round, even with buffs/debuffs up.

Trade you one of my vaans :v:

So what do you guys suggest doing with useless premium rolls (I'm talking sub-40's ranked units, don't even got useful TM's to farm for, making them extra useless)? I guess there's a possibility they'll get boosts and become relevant but haven't been playing long enough to know if this is a thing gumi does.

puschel posted:

After rerolling probably 60 times or more I caved and started playing an earlier rollsave with Vaan, Roselia, Krile. Question is, do I use both starting chars or do I put in 4* Cyan, 3* Rydia or 3* Kaine?

I'd say use laswell and Kaine.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

i literally cannot stop rolling shantotos :shepicide:

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Sprite141 posted:

Ok. I got:
3*
2x Fran
Vaan
Shantotto
Cyan
Shadow
Maria
Penelo

4*
Kuja
Kain

5* Vaan

I'm thinking I should keep this, but if only vaan is good in this group, then gently caress it I'll keep rerolling until I get 2 good ones.

I also have a bluestacks with terra, vivi and cloud of darkness but nothing else good.

coD is argueably better than 2 vaan's (unlike most other top tiers, you only really want one), though having 2 vaans does make it convenient to steal everything under the sun. kain's also getting 5*, so might be worth holding onto.

it's up to you

Servaetes posted:

Still bored and doing rerolls for the hell of it but here's a new list, tell me if I should accept this over the other:

5* Bartz, Xiao(?)
4*Vaan, That Stupid Grimdark Gladiator Guy
3* Garland, Rydia, 2x Bow Lady, 2x Bunny Ear Lady

part of me is trying to just gently caress around long enough to see if i can pull off 3 of the "Best" characters in all of my tickets/pulls but 5* Bartz seems really good alongside 4* Vaan, but I'd assume my magic is super lacking outside of Rydia.

Both this and your previous are fine (hard to say which one's better, but 5* bartz is pretty convenient...). You don't necessarily need a top tier mage with these draws. Just a relatively competent one.

Seawaffle posted:

Think I'm finally done with the reroll game, can I get some party advice?

4*: Bartz
3*: Exdeath, Rydia, Cyan (x2), Maria, Shadow, Luna (x2), Bedile, Rakshasa

Was thinking Bartz, Cyan, Lasswell, Exdeath, Rydia, but I'm definitely not sure of what will work best.

That's good. Replace Cyan or Rydia with Maria. Replace Maria with Fina when you get her.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

PRADA SLUT posted:

Which vortex should be opened when just starting out?

exp or awakening are the only truly useful ones. since we're getting exp pinata's with friend points for 2 weeks, maybe awakening would be better.

quote:

Also still wondering about party configuration for this roll:
5:
Vaan

4:
Vaan
Rydia
Penelo
Shadow

3:
Terra
Galuf
Kain
Bedile
Zidane
Clyne
Rydia

It's good enough if you wanna start already.

(Editted to not be so confusing): Use vaan/ vaan/ terra/ kain/ laswell, replace one vaan with a healer if needed (either Clyne or Penelo to start, but you should replace whoever you choose with Fina later.)

Shark Tower fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 2, 2016

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Shark Tower posted:

i literally cannot stop rolling shantotos :shepicide:

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Is it just me, or are sacred crystals suddenly not dropping from chamber of awakening - int anymore?

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Jehuti posted:

Go with the new account. 3 great units that you have is better then 1 great unit and a chance at good units. Plus being a new account you'll get heaps of lapis for future rolls.

Spend all your tickets first, see if you get anything.

Something's definitely fucky with the awakening chamber, at least on my end. None of the usual monsters showing at their usual difficulty. Feels like I'm getting beginner reward levels while playing int stamina costs...

Shark Tower fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 4, 2016

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Suprfli6 posted:

I spent some time rerolling last night while watching TV and ended up with Exdeath, Vaan, Cecil, Firion and Krile. They are all at 3 stars but that shouldn't matter for very long right?

Also my ID is 439 473 967 and I have a bunch of open slots if any friendly goons want to add me. Do people prefer Exdeath or Vaan friend leaders?

Congrats! That's a pretty drat cool team.

Exdeath isn't really useful till he's levelled up, so might as well set Vaan for the time being.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Shifood posted:

Are quests important? I just don't want to do them.

https://exviuswiki.com/Quest_List

Pay attention to the ones marked with med/high importance. You can mostly ignore the rest, especially if you don't care about getting hero rings (and even if you do, you can still skip a lot of the annoying 'kill X foes' type quests)

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Aeon posted:

I've been re-rolling on and off for about two days now and I've finally got a decent pull.

3* Cecil
3* Bartz
3* Vivi
3* Shantotto
3* Galuf
3* Sabin
3* Cyan
3* Luna
3* Clyne x2
3* Shadow
3* Maria
4* Bedile

I used the starting lapis to pull an extra 3 times and got Bartz from the last pull. Should I keep retrying to hold onto that 1500, or should I stick with this?

Keeeeep. use both bartz.

Clockwork Beast! posted:

I'll need holy for 4*>5* though yeah? Wouldn't it be better to just run ADV and stock up on those so I don't have to as much later?

INT drops holy too, just rarer

SlippyFists posted:

So I just started this game like five minutes ago, and this is what I pulled.

4s Exdeath
4s Bedile
4s Kain
4s Vivi
3s Fran
3s Kuja
3s Clyne
3s Galuf
3s Rydia

I see that exDeath is really good, so I'll stick him in my party, but everyone else seems to be bad from the list? What other characters are okay to run with?

I'd keep just cause exdeath can be the team by himself, but it's up to you if you wanna try for better.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I've pulled the premium gacha five times. I got these 3* units: Anastasis, Bartz, Galuf, Magitek Armor Terra, and Clyne. I know Bartz is top-tier, but I'd like to know if anyone thinks I should just keep rolling with these as my main squad, or if there are different unit(s) that would round out the team better. I am in the second "continent", and I just cleared the story battles in the first mission area there, the one where Fina follows a chocobo into the wilderness and Lassiter gets mad at her.

Depends if you wanna replay the entire first continent. Bartz is fine to play. You should bring in Rain and Laswell to your party. They're your best options when the gacha isn't being kind.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Aeon posted:

Oh, I only have one Bartz at the moment. I threw the extra 3 rolls up in that list with the 10 ticket ones. Still probably a keeper though I guess?

Oh, okay, that's a little less cool but still cool. probably something like cecil/ bartz/ vivi/ laswell, and maria(replace w/ fina later) would do it. plus Shantotto and luna have great tm's if you're interested in farming them up.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

for what. my one guy has OK heals so i feel like i should keep him. don't know which ones i should boot

Both Anastasis and Clyne are healers. You don't need 2. I'd kick Anastasis since limited growth potential. Then kick Clyne out later for Fina.

PRADA SLUT posted:

Strictly for Sacred Crystal farming, is INT or ADV vortex preferred?

INT

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

You can get 30 trophies for the Hero Ring recipe without needing the 2nd quest milestone (or first, I guess).

Eh, on a list of annoying trophies to grind out, I've found quest grinding to be relatively straightforward and comparatively easy. Don't forget they give you a lot of leeway with which ones to do.

Lechtansi posted:

My only 5* capable units are Exdeath, Roselia, and Terra. My main squad also has Kain and Edgar, which max out at 4*. Should i swap those two out for Rain and Laswell until i get some other 5* capable units? Are Kain and Edgar worth taking to 4*?

Kain will get a 5* form, Edgar, I don't know. Personally I'd keep them both at least until Edgar gets Bio Blaster.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Mile'ionaha posted:

I finally get 2x top tier... and they're both Bartz. C'mon, game, can't vary it up?

I spoke too soon: 4* CoD on my very last pull.

Should I stick with this, or hold out for an Exdeath+other?

Full list:

4* CoD
3* Bartz x2
Rydia
Roselia
Kain
Maria
Shadow
Edgar
Cyan
Fran

Three top tier units including four-star COD and you're thinking of tossing that out because that honeypot over there looks like it might be a little sweeter? Freaking toss them all into a party and drive that poo poo into the ground dude!
CoD/ Bartz/ Bartz/ doesn't the gently caress matter! (But would probably recommend Rydia and Roselia)

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Mischalaniouse posted:

Running an Awakening Vortex dungeon and getting 0 crystals is so disheartening.

Wait till it happens 5 times in a row :(

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Varance posted:

So what if you don't have Exdeath? All hail Lady -ga -ga!

Funny you should mention shanto...

Found out MAG +30% stacks (additively, but still). In like a month, I'm going to have the most shanto-est shantotto.

(tm grinding is such bullhockey, averaging 3% a day)

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Lechtansi posted:

am i missing something or is there no way to sort the units screen by the unit itself? Like, i would love all the similar units to be next to each other, so i can see where the dupes are.

Yeah, something like alphabetical sort by name would be way more useful than the options they've given. No idea why that hasn't occurred to them to implement.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Had 1 ticket.

4* Golbez

Sure, why not.

Lechtansi posted:

On 6 tickets i got 2 Kefka's (one 4 star), a 3* Golbez, Bedile, Shadow, and Shantotto (my 5th, loving a). I know i should stop pulling, having gotten 2 of the 3 good units. But the possibility of a Bartz, Cecil or Vaan is so tempting!

Brah. :911:

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Suprfli6 posted:

Multiple Shantottos for her TM is a good thing, isn't it? I've only got one and if I run Exdeath+Kefka it seems like several more would be welcome.

Well,

It's a work in progress.

(This is after 4 days. When I started they were around 0 - 3%)

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

Used all 12 summon tickets I had, and got a 3* Kefka and that was it. Also pulled 4* Krile, Cyan and Vivi, as well as Shadow and Galuf, and a third Shantotto. I guess I can't complain too much but I was hoping for something a bit nicer.

Okay, now before I make this post, be aware I am very bad at math sometimes, and I could be missing something. But, how are people able to earn TMs at this point? Is there a way to guarantee a Trust increase somehow, or increase the amount of trust? Because 0.1% would require a minimum of 1,000 battles to reach 100%. But if it's only a 10% chance per battle, that would mean statistically speaking it would require roughly 10,000 battles. If the cheapest dungeon to run is 2 stamina, that means a battle every 10 minutes, or a maximum of 144 battles a day. Unless there's some way to guarantee an increase every battle, it should be taking roughly over 2 months before you can have a 100% character.

Fortunately, the cheapest dungeon is 1 stamina, so it's more like 1 month.

Unfortunately, 1 month is still a long rear end time. You can cut it down by using lapis to refresh stamina, but I'm at least not gonna do that till I've got way more rank.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Right now my team is

4* Exdeath
4* Bartz
4* Maria
4* Kain
3* Rain

But I like Kefka. Can I replace Kain with Kefka and still have a good team, or is that too many mages?

Sure. 2 mages, 2 attackers, 1 healer... looks good to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Kyoujin posted:

This game wants me to finish my four job fiesta. My freebie pulls gave me exdeath, 5* Buttz, and two 4* Kriles. No Galuf though.

I did another 5 pulls on the new banner yesterday to get Kefka and Golbez. Mage team ho!

My current team is the following:
Magitek Terra (nostalgia)
Rain
Buttz
Exdeath
Krile

For tryhard fights should I level up a team like this?
Exdeath
Kefka
Golbez
Buttz/Krile
Fina

Krile would complete the Mage team but Buttz is my only 5* and has imperil.

Numbers-wise, Buttz is better, but he's also not a cool mage sooo....

• Locked thread