Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Geezer death panel
Big fuckin' deal
Lemon Party
gently caress you, OP
drat you old as poo poo!
View Results

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
61 has to be the worst birthday. 9 more years until your 70 and get another nice round number thats worth a big party, but this time you might not make it all the way :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

hog maw is gross

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Happy birthday you goon among goons. Goddamn I love these stories.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
Happy birthday dee eight. It was you who got me thinking about the quality of drugs I use to amuse my cats, and for that I owe you thanks.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Happy Birthday man

What's are you most disappointed with in this day and age?

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

get your prostate checked!

Woden
May 6, 2006

Rutibex posted:

61 has to be the worst birthday. 9 more years until your 70 and get another nice round number thats worth a big party, but this time you might not make it all the way :ohdear:

They come so fast when you're this old though, a year for OP probably feels like a month for you. Hell, in teenager years he's probably 6 months from death of old age at 103.

Edit: OP please tell us all how weed is now vs the 70's. I stopped smoking years ago but I'd love to hear how the romantic version of what weed you could get then was vs what you can legally buy now is.

Woden fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jul 12, 2016

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
are you my real dad

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Serious post. In a week I'll be 48 and realize I likely have less than 20 Christmas' left , statistically, before I die. How do you feel knowing you may be dead in less than a decade and how do you cope with that?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
hey OP how about that cary grant?

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
did you fight in the war daddie

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Did you save properly for retirement like my dad and are looking forward to not having to work at 62? Or are you like my mom and have no retirement savings and will work until she's dead and (likely) pass on all her debt to her children?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Happy birthday old man! A few questions on aging:

Have your childhood idols died or become inhuman monsters?
Do you care less about material possessions as you age?
What was the last concert you attended? (was it too loud?)
Do you miss traveling without 2hrs or more of pre-flight security measures?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
You're older than my parents.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

dee eight posted:

And I really don't give a gently caress about my lawn. Go ahead, get on my lawn.

So I know I'm not the oldest goon, but maybe I'm the oldest active goon. Ask your mom if you don't believe me. I used to have a birthday party on IRC when I was still doing the :catdrugs: thing. I'd get a couple sixers of good beer and smoke weed and link dadrock youtubes and bullshit with the yospos and ai and petisland kiddies for most of the night. I dunno if IRC is even still a thing. Anyways, I have a real job now and can't gently caress the whole day away so I'm gonna take a couple hours and do this poo poo instead.

Ask me about being old or whatever.

We used to be neighbors out in Montana, kind of, when I lived in Hamilton. Sorry I never got a chance to bicycle up and check out the Nepeta farm.

I miss Montana, congratulations on turning 61!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
How does it feel knowing that you've lived probably 3/4ths of your life and you get closer to death every single day?

Happy birthday, btw.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

dee eight posted:

And I really don't give a gently caress about my lawn. Go ahead, get on my lawn.

So I know I'm not the oldest goon, but maybe I'm the oldest active goon. Ask your mom if you don't believe me. I used to have a birthday party on IRC when I was still doing the :catdrugs: thing. I'd get a couple sixers of good beer and smoke weed and link dadrock youtubes and bullshit with the yospos and ai and petisland kiddies for most of the night. I dunno if IRC is even still a thing. Anyways, I have a real job now and can't gently caress the whole day away so I'm gonna take a couple hours and do this poo poo instead.

Ask me about being old or whatever.

you say you don't give a poo poo about your lawn but i know olds at your advanced oldness have little left in their life because there is a pair of them keeps calling the city on me about my lawn.

how often are you out there puttering around in your yard pointlessly spritzing dandelions with toxic weedkillers and mowing it YET A loving AGAIN at 7am

actually i don't care. just hurry up and die you gently caress

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
sorry, i actually meant to say "happy birthday!"

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

Tony Homo posted:

Serious post. In a week I'll be 48 and realize I likely have less than 20 Christmas' left , statistically, before I die. How do you feel knowing you may be dead in less than a decade and how do you cope with that?

Probably the same way you cope with the fact you can die any day for many many different reasons?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Happy birthday, :catdrugs: man

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I am wearing my :catdrugs: t-shirt today, holy poo poo!

Please take this in the best way but I coulda sworn you were older, my parents are 69 (heh) this year and I had mentally put you in league with them because they had kids real late (I'm 32) and it's perennially weird that there's pretty much an entire generation that my family skipped.

61 ain't poo poo, you got decades left! Congrats and thanks for keeping my cat high as heck for years.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

what was racism like

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
happy birthday, elder goon. stay spry, big homie.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How do you feel about skinny jeans?

What are the biggest shocks and/or changes you have seen with society/the world that you didn't expect or can't understand?

Thanks man!

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Wasn't the draft still in effect when you turned 18? Were you flat footed or did the catdrug money keep you out?

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows

dee eight posted:

gently caress you. I bought a brand new Vic 20 way back when and the kids had to beg me fo

Happy Birthday Commodore buddy. :respek:

I got a VIC-20 in '83 and a C64 later that year. I remember throwing the computer, 13 inch color TV, 1541 drive, box of 5 1/4 disks into the back seat every month to head to the library for our copy party user group meeting.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

1v1 me in halo op

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im thirty years old AMA

I was alive when Pokemon GO came out..

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

Happy birfday oldgoon, I hope I can be as cool as you when I'm 61! My dad is actually turning 61 next month and he is pretty dang cool so there is hope.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Old goon why not do crazy drugs now that you have no future to ruin

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
Sweet merciful Mary you are old as gently caress

What were the best titties you ever saw, ever felt, ever motorboated

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fishy Joe posted:

Sweet merciful Mary you are old as gently caress

What were the best titties you ever saw, ever felt, ever motorboated

I can answer this for you:

Your mothers.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

how many of your original adult teeth do you still have?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
happy bday papaw

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

drat you're almost old as my dad, op.

Congratulations old goon

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Champenema posted:

Wasn't the draft still in effect when you turned 18? Were you flat footed or did the catdrug money keep you out?

He was born in 1955, so he would have turned 18 in 1973, when the main US presence in Vietnam had ended. My father is two years older, and even he would have been too young to have been in the main action in Vietnam.

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
everyone here is old

except me :)

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Hey kids. Fuckin google knows it's my b-day. All the poo poo in the 'about me' link I clicked is empty. gently caress you google.m

Lessee what I missed while snoozing:

old people smell - not that i noticed
death - yeah, poo poo happens. icame to grips with my own mortality long ago.
teeth - six (dental hygene is important boys and girls)
drugs - yeah sure
titties - all titties are good and also your moms
draft - i gave my draft card to some guy so he could buy beer and never got it back. my brother paid a shrink $50 to certify he was gay
racism - i got over it, but holy poo poo it was badly entrenched in society back then
skinny jeans - don't care
childhood idols - dead cowboys mostly. Roy Rogers, Hopalong Cassidy, Davy Crockett, etc. Sky King is buried in a local cemetary.
retirement- my IRA could buy a lovely used car, maybe
material possessions - don't need more stuff. it's just stuff.
last concert - charlie musselwhite at a local club. it was fuckin GREAT.
most disapointed in - tv and politics.
80s 90s - when my kids were born. it was a weird time for me.

e: my eyebrows look like roadkilled badgers and i can braid my ear hair.

gently caress you bitch pass on the right \/\/\/\/

dee eight fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 12, 2016

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
get out of the fuckin fastlane u rear end in a top hat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Standard Bordello
Feb 1, 2007
oh the humidity!

dee eight posted:

My lower limit is like mid forties.

This is fascinating to me. I always assumed 25-year-olds would look better, no matter how old you get, but at 60, 40-year-olds are the hottest babes out there? Now I know. Closing in on 33, it's still the 25-ish for me.

• Locked thread