Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I cannot wait to put on my robe and wizard hat

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i pretty much stopped socializing online when AIM died

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Leith Maclaine posted:

I'm wondering if we could get enough votes to lunch lumpen in a game they aren't even in.

man i should try this strategy at least once

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Token Female posted:

Deadline question:

Which time do you prefer for a deadline: (these are all EDT)
Friday Night ~8-9 pm
Saturday Afternoon ~2-3 pm
Saturday Night ~8-9 pm

saturday 9pm

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

It's a weird gap in the entire world; nothing gets mentioned being wizarding radio (of all things) and Hogwarts doesn't even seem to teach any liberal arts subjects.

i mean its a prepatory school of wizardry, there isnt anything stopping them from going to university once they graduate at age 17. but if you know magic and have moving newspapers a regular film probably feels real mundane after the fact, unless you're muggle born and grew up with an appreciation for them already.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

zzyzx posted:

Arthur Weasley probably has a pretty sweet DVD collection.

i dunno, its arthur he probably got stuck on videodisc or xvid or some other weird format.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

OFFICER LIGER posted:

i dunno, its arthur he probably got stuck on videodisc or xvid or some other weird format.

meant to say divx here, always mess up those dumb formats

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Scientastic posted:

Arithmancy, I believe

a quick google makes it look like this is some kind of wizard programming? so is it possible to make video games by wizards, for wizards?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Scientastic posted:

Punishing people for crimes is extremely dementor

##Vote Jose

arent dementors more tools that punish, rather than the decision makers to punish? it's very ministry if anything.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

Soooo any advances in Mafia Theory in the last 10 years?

if they have avatars turned off they're scum

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also i have been posting elsewhere in the wrestling forum because today wwe is essentially firing their entire main roster which is hyooge news and has been taking up most of my attention

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they fired a ref that had been there since the 80s

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Scientastic posted:

I see your scum buddies advised you to start posting

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pussy Quipped posted:

Is combing through peoples post history to see if they are posting elsewhere on the forums a thing? I don;t think I've seen anyone do this

they're probably combing through the wrestling forum themselves so his post just comes off super disingenuous.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Scientastic posted:

First I get called Australian, and now I’m accused of liking wrestling. You go too far, sir

you have a fozzy quote on your profile

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tom Tucker posted:

Poking around in Scientastic's profile after they called you out huh?

yeah

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

zzyzx posted:

...why?
gorgonzola?????

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Scientastic posted:

Don’t mischaracterise my argument against Liger. I think he’s scum because of his weird whiteknighting, the posting elsewhere after I called him out on it just adds strength to my conviction

who did i white knight???

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tom Tucker posted:

Alright I'm just pussyfooting around it without directly saying it I think Liger is scummy. Scientastic's original point on him being elsewhere was nothing but Liger's response to it was super suspicious. Immediately returned, making excuses, but what really did it was digging into Scientastic's profile (why?) while also trying to dismiss suspicion with a troll "lol" post, his only direct interaction with Scientastic. His dismissive attitude does not mesh with someone who is digging into the person's profile.

Going to provide the dreaded 3rd vote. ##vote Liger

im gonna click your profile next

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im not playin around!! ! !

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what is the capn andy gambit

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im gonna go play overwatch

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

echo is not a good overwatch character also mei is now the best sniper class

its day one with over twenty five players, im not really going to sweat any day one lynch. andy

CapnAndy posted:

It means that if Liger is going to respond to cases against him by getting really dismissive and leaving the thread, that is not behavior that can be tolerated on later days, when the stakes are higher. I'm sorry if my arbitrary use of "Day 4" to indicate "later on" made things confusing.
its the first physical day of day one and the only case made against me was my joke over a flavor post of course im going to be dismissive

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Epsilon Plus posted:

okay let's all sit in meditative silence, we'll off the lowest postcount today, let scum kill someone overnight, and tomorrow we can actually play the game

this flippant response gives me a tummy ache. i am going to click on your profile.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want to say first of all the way segmented quotes work on sa is stupid and wish that we had nesting quote trees when quoting posts with quotes in them

CapnAndy posted:

Excuse me, you're putting words in my mouth that were never there. I've never said I "*know*" Liger is town. That was dishonest of you. As I've said repeatedly, I think it is far more likely that a townie would be emotionally hurt by being cased than scum, because the case against them is wrong. That sort of thing can be hurtful. It has hurt me. I can empathise with it happening to someone else.

Because I was not making a case. I was condemning what I felt was unhelpful behavior. This is why my post included a plea for him to change that behavior.

Because I had no scum reads. As I've also already said, being wrong is not the sole domain of the scum.

This is self-evident nonsense. If I am town and get voted out, the town is, by definition, weaker and closer to losing the game. I may also have beneficial powers whose loss would further hurt the town. (This is not a claim. This is logic.) If I am town, I am acting in the town's best interest by defending myself.
This is true. It also has nothing to do with anything else in this post, most especially the previous statement. The topic shift here is jarring.

Further self-evident nonsense. You are implying that nothing anyone says in good faith can ever be taken as a scum-tell, and that any post that comes off to even a single other player as scummy was a priori a lie. If your logic was correct, no town would ever lynch wrong. Yet this has happened.

Furthermore, you act as though I was always worried about how I'd come off, which is not the case. I made my initial post on Liger's behavior quite blithely. I refused to answer Sandwolf's question on the grounds that I was worried about sounding scummy because, and yet again, this is something I've said before, I had at that point already been accused of sounding scummy. It was and is not a hypothetical and me being aware of it ought to be entirely understandable.

This was really bad arguing all around. You seem to have made the following claims: that town can never be wrong, that town should not defend themselves from being lynched, that posts can never be misread, and that suspicion is its own proof. Are these claims you actually intended to make? If not, can you perhaps not back up and see why I am asserting that you have tunnel vision on me and are obdurately pressing forward regardless of the actual facts?

i just wanna say i appreciate how in the first paragraph you got annoyed at someone putting words in your mouth and in the last paragraph you go ahead and put words in their mouth

i've missed mafia

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

What's the trap sandwolf tried to lay for you andy?

a sand trap

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tom Tucker posted:

Hey folks I know we've all had a lot of fun today but it's time to come back to the guy who has been trying to be dismissive of things all day and wanders back into the thread just to make a few low-content posts to keep his posting up and then kicks up a ton of dust on Capn Andy without actually saying anything.

I also still get a scum vibe from Capn Andy based on that first post, but he has seemed pretty genuine since.

Come back to Liger folks he's literally pretending not to care while also digging into peoples profiles (and now trying to make a joke out of it to redirect from how scummy this is as a guy who "doesn't care lol") and he's just in here throwing spaghetti at Capn Andy without directly saying he's scummy or voting for him.

It's scum 101 redirect but don't look like you're redirecting, it's day 1 so without the vote no one will remember he was pushing the bandwagon onto Andy without actually saying it.

dismissive of things...the one thing. pointing out a cognitive dissonance in andy's post is kicking up a ton of dust? also how is clicking profiles scummy? please, write it out. tell me how its scummy. i want to know your thought process.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pussy Quipped posted:

Or....I just woke up.

only scum ever sleeps

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##vote epsilon plus hang mother fucker

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

Also, instead of "lunch," how about "guillotine"

YUH!

khris kruel im not gonna ask you to role claim because i dont believe it will a)get votes off of you or b)actually help in any way, any claim you put out will probably be used to further incriminate you. why is D-Jeneration X a major target for you and why are you not deep diving into definite scum epsilon plus

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

backtracking on your previous fos's because a flip didnt go the way you were expecting is bad mafia play. never be afraid to follow your nose. everyone makes mistakes. except for me. i am undefeated at mafia.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

short version of the above post do not flip flop based on flip after lynch results if you put forth a fos believe in it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

merk posted:

Anyway, let’s see this flip.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

quandary also taught us all a spell

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the spell I learned blows up items not people. it doesn't teach me what items have been blown up though.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

merk posted:

Quandary taught us Confringo.
Pander taught us the other spell.

Why didn't you give me a chocolate frog when you said that you would?

you never said please!!!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##vote amnistar

drop dead fred!!!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yes...let's investigate based on flavor...my favorite part in the Harry Potter series was when Voldemort shot someone with a gun. yes, very on flavor...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

This is why I hate the town discussing the motivations for scum choosing specific people: it lets the scum team easily frame a target. In my case, they choose someone they think they can lynch easily, kill people that were voting for them, then come into the thread and use it as further evidence to push that over the edge.

Those people suspected other people, too. This is scummy enough, and when you add Spoonsy seeing you going to the room of someone who died, and we know you weren't the target of polyjuice... scum loving found.

This is easy.

##vote Amnistar
oh man speaking of flavor, look guys!! the Knight Bus made an appearance! that's too good, aces really