Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose fault is it?
Smedly
Higby
Wrel
View Results

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
What should I know as a new player?

There seems to be a lot of ways to earn certs which is good and there seems to be lots of incremental cert sinks which is troubling so besides the starter guns that are like 300 certs are there any pro purchases early on?

I rolled a Terran Republic toon and it seems to be that Heavy Assault is the prime way to make vehicles go away which is cutting into my other class time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Rexxed posted:

Good videos and advice
Thanks, this was good watching on seeing some of the other guns and quirks in play

Been rotating through Light Assault, Combat Medic, and Heavy Assault, and it's been reasonable contributing to pushing points and taking continents

Is there good advice on how to push a heavily fortified base or choke point because right now spawning a lightning and praying it lasts with the other tanks is the closest I've been able to figure out punching through a vehicle logjam

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

How are the darklight flashlights for revealing infiltrators?

The return to cloak after damaging them seems pretty fast

Attachments costing 100 certs each adds up fast

40 Proof Listerine fucked around with this message at 13:18 on May 8, 2023

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Rexxed posted:

Cool clips

What's going on with the infravision? Are you using an implant for that? Seems like that would be disorienting for me but it's got its perks

What's the deal with Implants in general? They seem like a gacha mechanic that's mostly vestigial though I did get a funny implant that increases shield by 400 and reduces health by 400 so I don't know if that's worth speccing on like a heavy assault or something

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Is there a way to mute yells?

It looks like ignoring players doesn't persist between sessions

Rexxed posted:

Good Implant Advice;
I have every implant maxed out on my NSO character (except Countershade which they added last year) and an extra 15k ISO-4 so you kind of end up with everything eventually. When I hit 45k I'll buy countershade and then probably never use it.

Thanks for the breakdown on that, I've been mostly just running around with the default bonus spot range implant and an ammo printer or the athlete sprint acceleration one because those are pretty relevant to scooting around

How is the NSO in practice? Just unlocked them and they have nice default guns but it looks like the rest of their gear is NS factionless stuff and their MAX is real weird looking with only a few weapons

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

What's a good way to kit out MAX units? They seem quite expensive to get matching guns for

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Rexxed posted:

MAX post to the max
Thanks for the tips, saving up for Mercys on the TR toon; running a budget build right now with the cycler and the 100 round sort of cycler thing (turns out it's the Mutilator) in the meantime

MAXs have been decent for pushes on crowded points where vehicles can't reach so it's a good balance IMO

Are any of the black market weapons worth it? A7 seems like the missions for it are a real pain compared to how much you get

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Rexxed posted:

Good A7 tips and ASP chat
Thanks, those are some good tips for some of the trickier daily missions.

I had no idea one of the knives cut vehicles, that's hilarious - I had to use the knife for the first time for a Gun Game daily and that was some flailing around for sure.

It's really nice that they let you demo weapons with the trial system when you don't own them, it's tough to fit 30 kills in 30 minutes but it's usually doable in 2 trials over the day.

I saw the ASP program on the wiki and I'm pretty hype for it allowing changes in the weapon variety on classes, that explains how I was getting got by Engineer with Assault rifles and the like.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Rexxed posted:

One thing I forgot to mention about the NSX Eval missions is that cosmetic variants do work for the missions.

Yeah the Tengu and the Naginata have been doing good work thanks to the codes, I run them on my silent and loud class loadouts respectively

I scored a Tanto from the codes too and that thing is really funny on light assault with the super tight hipfire

This is a good weekend with the 40% off cosmetics - you can completely outfit a faction for far less than a bundle would give you which is funny

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Rexxed posted:

My favorite knife is the NSX Amaterasu which if wielded (instead of quick knife) can be fired to toss an energy blade thing with. Sometimes called the banana knife. They limited the range to 15m with some damage falloff in the last year or two but it's a lot less janky than trying to stab people in melee range in this game. Similar to AV knives it only does 450 damage to players or 367 from 2-15m but it's still solid for if you run out of main weapon ammo and pistol ammo and just need to put someone down.
Funny you mention the Amaterasu since that cropped up as the NSX weapon trial of the day and going on trial with it I managed to score 9/10 kills needed for the mission pretty handily, failing only because server population was low and 66% NC - I'll probably pick it up when I have the spare certs, it's very good for flailing around range

I've grown real partial to the Infiltrator Sniper Rifles that come with the short range optics, it's nice to have them go where you point them and they're pretty solid for panic plinking too

The damage reduction cloak seems like a nice idea for escaping a bad situation but the shorter duration has me using the default cloak more often

I'd run a grenade bandolier more often if the nanite costs on the good grenades was lower, which is an excellent design decision by the devs to curtail nade spam - I wind up running a MAX in situations where I'd otherwise be throwing grenades

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

New patch changes up all the HUD and map colors to be wicked confusing with allies showing up as empire colors on the HUD and blue/red on the map

Definitely worth going into settings to rejigger

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

The modules being something you need to physically install are a nice touch on an offense side because you can harass an enemy base by targeting the engineer building the base directly

What are good vehicle cert specs to chase? I'm in a good spot with infantry guns so shaking up my Lightning and Prowler game is the next step to breaking enemy armored columns

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

The PMG-100 sights on the NSO SMG seem to be extremely cracked, with the rear sight way taking up the entire bottom half of the screen

https://imgur.com/a/tYSc4xM

40 Proof Listerine fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 20, 2023

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

The VS infantry guns seem really good, just with a little low round velocity - I'm not actually sure what are the pro pickups for VS carbines, ARs, and LMGs since the starter ones do the job real good

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Ynglaur posted:

drat. My accuracy is around 15%, or half of Rexxed's. I wonder how I can improve that over time. Probably I should just stop panic shooting as much.

Does anyone know how long this Event Directive lasts? I'm at Tier 3 but don't have that much time to play.

The Directive page will list it, the end date is June 4, so there's some time still - this weekend and next weekend

The Focused Assault and Armored Combat ribbons are gimmes so the module mastery and the cortium deposit ones are probably the easiest to do if you don't feel like hanging on Oshur to grab Construction Base Capture ribbons

Rexxed posted:

Good VS gun chat

Thanks for the tips, funny enough I'm using a Logitech G502 also

Yeah the SMGs were what I was trying to figure out what to pick up next and the Unstable ammunition looks hilarious, is that the one where it looks like giant plasma orbs? Those are funny in firefights

I'll definitely check out the Zenith, the 0.75x ADS speed guns are very much my jam with a Sidewinder implant

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

I'm very glad the short range scope bolt actions and semi auto snipers exist because otherwise being restricted to Scout Rifles and SMGs for my Infiltrator days would be very one note

I'm no good with the bolt actions and landing three headshots in a row with a 3.4x scope is the dopamine

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

What's a good way to deal with the construction base assaults on Oshur

I was on a low population Oshur last night and it was just constant Flail bombardments on Wakefield Beach from the other two factions

I guess the question is "how do you deal with The Flail" beyond "don't stand in the poop"?

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Rexxed posted:

Flail chat and nerf chat

That makes sense on the Kingsnake, it's got a 2 second reload on a 1600 damage combo shot versus the 3-4 second reloads on the other Lightning guns so that's probably what they're going to target

I got the Helios unlocked on one character and it's not too bad, I think probably if they're changing anything on it they might make the burst fire a little tighter in ADS

I'll look into unlocking skyshields, the construction module cert sink is long and vast and mostly I just chuck repair and durability modules into other people's bases if they don't have any

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

I didn't hear of Wrel before today and he must have been doing something right because I bounced off the game pretty hard 10 years ago and now I'm into it pretty good because they've ironed out most of the kinks these kind of shooters have

You can do pretty much whatever on whatever class and still contribute to caps which owns

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

I'm glad VR Training exists to let you demo things because the launchers that don't have lock on capabilities also appear to sink like rocks with terrible sights sometimes

Unstable ammunition on VS is also the funniest thing because it compensates for my terrible aim, been having a good time with the Ursa LMG

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

cmdrk posted:

resubbed to Daybreak for Everquest and have been playing some PSide on the side. Game is generally good, but I still manage to end up in completely lopsided 80/20 fights or unfun hellgrinds at The Crown or The Ascent most of the time :shepface: I've tweaked the map quite a bit to find the good fights but I guess I still have yet to hone my PSide senses.

picked up the Lasher on my VS guy, it's a fun gun for softening up targets at various choke points. always wanted one since planetside 1.

What's kind of interesting about 96+ on 96+ scrums at those points is that with a little time in it becomes really apparent real quick if there's an actual chance to push through by open palm slamming a MAX into the Sunderer VHS or if it's time to head to a different point because it's bogged down with enemy armor

The little periphery captures where the population is low and it's like 2 on 2 + a cloaked Sunderer you can't find winds up being a bit frustrating until more folks drop in yeah

I find the 24 on 24 scrums tend to be pretty healthy back and forths that escalate into the 48-96 range pretty good

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Rexxed posted:

The rebalance on the Helios isn't bad. It's primary fire mode is still not great but it's better, and the alt-fire isn't one-shotting people but it's still effective on groups.

Yeah the Helios is actually usable as a gun now and not just a grenade launcher, it's pretty great

Any tips on the NSO guns? Them having the integrated sights is kind of nice but they seem kind of low damage and high recoil which is kind of weird handling

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Ronwayne posted:

I agree, I have a lot of fun with NC guns, the jackhammer and other shotguns make a much more satisfying POOK POOK POOK sound than the TR's fart guns, its just...and this is a rant but

I am not good at this game. I am fine with support, running around, keeping vehicles running and bringing people back to life. Bringing new sundies up when everyone else is doing their thing, going back and murdering a ghost capper when everyone else is distracted.

But I cannot click man. I keep losing almost every 1v1 fight, the time to death appears under half a second. And I am frustrated at how being a heavy at max overshield down to death almost instantly keeps happening and I keep getting wiped to dudes firing perfect headshots with burst guns from the hip. I keep thinking of how to approach things differently and go from angles they aren't covered from but there's usually a second, or third, or fourth guy also nigh effortlessly killing me. I have better luck with the Bishop lurking about 50-100 meters behind the front line and hiding in the chaos so I can think and plan my shots. (Sometimes the best thing I can do is just spot to give the other zerg targets). I usually do better then unless the other side's infil/battlerifle guy spots me first.

Yeah, yeah, skill issue, but I don't even know where to start since it does not seem to be improving the more I try.

Ed: did some experimenting. slapping a suppressor on the lmg lowers my dps but also gives me a little time before they realize exactly where I am, and I guess they assume they're being hit with an smg and look for me closer than where I actually am.

It's pretty much impossible to win a straight gunfight head on both because people are good and netcode makes it so that every bullet is precious so you can guarantee that the other person clicked just before you did

The way I keep about a 1.0 K/D is to constantly be flanking and going around problems, so when things are getting spicy at a point, go around the point or over the building (if Light Assault); suppressors are aces for this

Also, never start a gunfight out of cover - having something to dip behind when you miss is crucial for staying alive

Survivalist Implant is actually really solid for the shield recharge reduction, the sprint speed on shield break is just a cherry on top

Higher bullet velocity helps too because that's less you have to lead ahead so the high velocity ammo is usually a pretty good pickup; the soft point ammo is actually real useful too

Lots of good attachment options, really - Unstable Ammo for VS is literally the "I can't aim good option" to the point in that it accidentally kills your teammates better too because of bigger projectiles

Rexxed posted:

NSO Gun Chat

Yeah, I had my eyes on the Mako and the CB-X75, so I'll give those a spin

I've got a couple of the NS weapons from the promotional codes (the NS-11P, the platinum Tengu, and the platinum Tanto) and they're pretty solid low ROF accurate alternatives for general use; there's big weapons bundles both for the NS and NSX gear so I'm thinking I might save up for those down the line since they would be a huge cert savings across 4 characters

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Rexxed posted:

I like watching SirCerealBox's videos sometimes because while he's cherry picking clips for them, it's clear that he's very good mechanically at putting bullets right into people's heads and snapping his aim from target to target. It's one of those things where I go "okay my brain doesn't work that fast" but it gives me some hope to one day improve my aim more. It also makes it obvious how effective hitting repeated headshots is, when I watch my own clips I'm hitting center mass a lot and people die more slowly.
He just posted this one with the Galilei:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w6UlCPjsy8

edit: also some of the stuff he does makes sense but isn't what you'd normally consider. For example if he kills a guy and his shield is down and survivalist has procced, he just runs away from the other incoming folks so he can get his shield back up and engage them while healthy. Having full health and shields is big in this game, as is being the aggressor since it's client side and you get the advantage of being slightly ahead of where your opponents see you due to the latency inherent in a client/server game.
This video's a great watch both because his aim is completely on point and also because it's a portal into another reality where the underground on Nason's Defiance isn't a 48 on 48 point hold, that's a hoot to see

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Rexxed posted:

I pulled a colossus last night and while I didn't do amazing in it with no support, I did kill a couple of the hard points on the YEEB Bastion. gently caress 'em.
Is there something about TR that attracts really unsavory outfits? I don't know anything about the major outfits or even the minor ones other than a couple folks do the robosquad thing where they join a squad, send outfit invites to everyone, then leave the squad

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Kind of a weird situation this morning, there's 3 continents open and 2 are way dominated by one faction and alerts seem to be turned off so the maps are getting polarized real hard

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

The VS carbine the VE-C Horizon (the one that shoots the multiple projectiles in a horizontal or vertical configuration based on ADS) is absolutely wild to use at range because it doesn't have any bloom while ADS

Are there other guns that are bloomless? Looks like the TR Heavy Mini-Chaingun kind of fits the bill though that's a experience of its own with a wide cone of fire

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Rexxed posted:

I was reading someone complain about the Larion PPC (NSO faction tank gun) killing bastions because it shoots through armor so I tried it out. It definitely works but you have to kind of find the hardpoints on the top by shooting at the bottom/sides and seek them out. I popped a bunch of components on bastions the last couple of days. Really effective, though. I can chew through a hardpoint in 10-12 hits or so when I find it. I expect they'll nerf it at some point because while I'm sure the Colossus does more damage with the skylance cannon, it's a lot more expensive and can be more easily countered. I can just plink at a bastion from around 1km+ away and be relatively safe.

Yeah the low base damage on the Larion PPC gets amped pretty high by the bastion weak point modifier so it's a pretty solid game plan

I was sniping out the bottom hardpoints as Heavy Assault with the VS Lancer launcher at about 600 damage a pop and that took a good while

Sounds way easier than flying up on top of the Bastion and trying to C4 the bits or shoot it

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

There's an infantry weapons sale going on this weekend and most of that doesn't catch my eye but there is a couple of eye raisers in that A7 stuff bought with DBC does unlock on everybody which is nice and also infantry tactical equipment like the Engineer turrets are on sale

Is anyone able to confirm if I slam on like a AV Engineer turret or hardlight barrier if that unlocks it for all characters' Engineers?

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Rexxed posted:

It does! You still have to upgrade it in engineer certs for the cooldown or whatever on each character, but it's not that expensive. I've found I mostly use the auto turrets and hardlight barriers but if you need a mana turret it's nice to have it available.

Speaking of Spitfire turrets, what's the best way to deal with them as a non Infiltrator? On Infiltrator I can EMP nade or hack them and other classes just have to mag dump which isn't hard but takes attention away from the rest of the folks on the point

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Garbage. Living in the Edge is a tiny few-seconds buff for the cost of being a shot from death. Even with carapace it's poo poo.

15% better accuracy. Can you even see that?

In theory with an aux shield things that would have killed you instead give you a nice hipfire buff or help tighten your cone of fire on a long LMG blaze

In practice I'm still going to run Sidewinder and Regeneration and Survivalist and Heavyweight and Battle Hardened instead

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

cmdrk posted:

I've got my VS Harasser just about complete. Scrapper chassis, Auto-repair, Fire Suppression with the Pariah. It's a fun buggy to tool around in with a good gunner.

My buddy and I were getting absolutely SMOKED a few times by another Harasser who was using a Walker. is it really that good against other light vehicles? Or is it just something about our engagement ranges etc? I thought it was mostly an AA weapon.

Walker counts as a anti-air machine gun and does 33% more damage to Harassers than Pariah does (80% damage resist on a Harasser vs Anti-Air MG vs the Heavy Machine Gun 85% resist)

To shake it up vs other Harassers on VS you might want to try the Aphelion VEX-4H because it counts as a Gatling gun and does about double the damage to Harassers and about 25% more to Sunderers and MBTs (60% resist on Harassers and 75% resist on Sundies/MBTs vs Gatling Guns compared to 80% on HMGs) and if you can deal with the spool up you can get a whammy with the energy crescent

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/june-29-2023-pts-update.261416/

PTS is getting an update, they're iterating on the new implants that didn't make the last cut and Flail/OS/Glaive are getting the long promised targeting lasers

quote:

New Construction Targeting Lasers

Targeting Darts for the Glaive, Flail, and Orbital Strike Uplink have been retired
Glaive, Flail, and Orbital Strike Uplink now use a Targeting Laser to paint their targets
Acquire Time: 3000ms
Min Distance (from player): 20m
Max Distance (from player): 150m
Targets must be approximately 175m away from the related artillery piece (this range is unchanged).

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

This is the one game I've played that had infravision where it didn't feel mandatory to use the infravision which is nice

Between the darklight flashlights and the vehicle night vision scopes there's even decent non-infravision night time options

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

What's nice about PlanetSide 2 compared to other comparable FPSs is the willingness to let the classes breathe as their own thing, a light assault handles completely differently from a Heavy Assault from an Infiltrator even though they share a few guns together

The mobility options are really nice as is the mobile spawning, it's got that energy that Section 8: Prejudice did in terms of big flowing maps

Letting 5/6 classes get access to AV options is a great design choice too because it keeps vehicles in check compared to just HESH farming all day

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Rexxed posted:

Since fisu is down, there's always Voidwell. It's a little different but still better than the main site:
https://voidwell.com/ps2/player/5429399479557513073/stats

Voidwell has alert tracking but there's also https://ps2alerts.com/ which also has that primarily and has some other stats. All of these sites just pull from the API but they arrange the data differently.

I did some Cannonball! event stuff last night on NC when Oshur was the only continent open and it was actually pretty fun but requires a specific setup where you can find enemies near water you can park a corsair near. I launched myself at these VS on this cliff/construction base probably a dozen times but only landed in the right spot a few times, plus they blew up my corsair a few times so I had some other fights down below. After I finished with the NS-11A Heatwave I switched to drifters light assault to make the jumps easier. You can kill anyone after a corsair launch for it to count unless you die (if you get revived it clears whatever tag you have for being launched, kind of like the transport assist thing for vehicles).

Here's a few of the more successful jumps, even though I started with one where I overshot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4fSMcE3m7k
The music is just from the OTXO soundtrack.

Looks like you're running ASP Assault Rifle and Shotgun Secondary on the Engineer? How do you like the Assault Rifles compared to the Carbines?

That's really amazing on the Corsair launches, before the event I didn't even realize Corsairs had that capability - make the tall cliffs on Oshur a lot more in perspective now that the design was you could launch folks up it - are there any other cool tricks to making Corsairs useful on Oshur?

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

zeldadude posted:

haven't played much in the past year or two but that was absolutely not the case on emerald back when I did play, there's nothing you can do against an armor zerg of like 40+ loving prowlers. it was frustrating to fight against TR because of it and also frustrating playing AS TR because nobody would get on the drat cap point, they'd just sit in their tanks and watch the base be capped lol

I will say I haven't seen many armor columns like that recently though, TR was by far the worst offender for that back then

Oh yeah I'm on Emerald too and have been on the other side of a couple of armor zergs on Indar in particular and they're absolutely rough because there's no hope of actually getting into C4 or Rocklet range so either it's AMR Engineer plinking or anti armor lock on Heavy Assault plinking while you hope some squad has the coordination to slam a couple of liberators onto the equation from another point or send in another armor zerg for a big scrum

I've also survived a couple of those zergs long enough that they folded and I have no idea how beyond what must have been outfit on outfit smashing

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Rexxed posted:

Engineer ASP and Corsair chat
This is good info, thanks, I hadn't even considered how solid a LMG Engineer could be like with a spare hardlight barrier, which is why I guess the Heavy Assault gets the ASP reserve hardlight barrier option haha

I've been recently into the AMR engineer just to plink at vehicles and A2G aircraft to get them to go focus elsewhere and it's not the most effective points wise or K/D wise and it's funny as heck so it's a good time; both the TR DAGR-81 and the VS VX4-3 Slicer cycle pretty fast with a tight cone of fire so it's pretty easy to get a bunch of shots out through hipfire

One thing the air alerts have been doing is getting me to try out ESFs and they do seem fun, I just need to put in a bunch of time to get good at switching between flight mode and hover mode and maybe get some flight time with the wing mounts for variety - been using the tomcats/A2A photon pods for softening up Galaxies but all the pro guides seem to be confident the default nose gun is all you need for A2A so that's heartening

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Rexxed posted:

So you guys have heard of R18. Big VS outfit, there was a bunch of leaks of their discord showing them being really racist and saying pedo stuff. Generally bad people. Originally a bunch of folks left and made a new outfit (END1 or something) and R18 vanished but then it came back. So last night they led a push (helped along by a hacker who just happened to be flying around in a max on VS) all the way to the NC warpgate on Indar. I was on NC and with no territory the main thing to do was pull a Vanguard and blast whoever. So after a while of that we were recapping Capper Ravine and I saw them running south from Old Auraxium Mines. I had to pull back and repair but when I was done they let me hear some recursion voice pack lines I don't think I've heard before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlrDciY4ygA

The VS hacker migrated from TR on Indar earlier in the evening so he was haunting the board for a good solid five hours or so

A couple folks managed to C4 the hacker which is funny

During this time Emerald also got to witness the "pede" on Esamir which is the longest convoy of repair Sunderers I've seen; I wish I got a map screen shot of it when I was on VS

What kind of topgun do you like on your MBTs? I've been running the default Basilisk equivalents and finally have enough spare certs to kit out vehicles a little bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Spiteski posted:

Whoof last night was rough. Some VS hacker "SillyIsKilly" or something just creamed every front with teleporting, shooting everyone in spawn rooms through walls with a sunderer so it ended up being 100% capped continent on Esamir for VS.
It feels like every second night has someone flying around hacking blatantly (not even counting soft-hacking) which is pretty shithouse. It does beg the question why they still struggle after 10 years to have any sort of good anti-cheat, or at least a threshold for reporting to auto temp-ban pending a real person review. I get that live GMing is expensive but this sort of hacking regularity is detrimental as hell for MMOs

They've got a couple of auto ban thresholds and unfortunately it's usually "this person is getting 900 kills per minute, that's not right"

They don't have enough staff for live GMs so the best folks can do is mass report and wait for a ban a few hours later and that's little comfort during prime time hours

Sometimes folks can C4 the flying MAXs though and that's always a win